Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5441268 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (2351) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lafem(m): 10:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
@GEORGE-D: Chief, I'm new here but I've learned enoff from your posts to understand that you're well-versed on FTA matters, therefore I'd like to think you can be of help to me. I have a 3m fibre dish (I'm located at Ikeja, Lagos) pointed at NILESAT. About 2-months ago, my Dubai-One, Mtv-Arabia, Bloomberg tv, City7 tv, and all other channels on that tp suddenly disappeared! At first I thot the tp's had perhaps migrated to the new Nilesat 201 sat, however, I noticed that you mentioned in an earlier post that you receive those channels on your 3m dish, so here I am asking myself -- how come? Is it that I need to upgrade to a more powerful/better lnbf, or something? Also, I'm considering ordering the Technosat HD decoders (from Dubai) advertised on MBC stations in order to receive the MBC HD channels, but someone advised me not to bother coz HD signals/frequencies are generally weak down here in Southern Nigeria, please what's your take on that submission? I currently use a Strong 4663x decoder. I'd really appreciate your response. My email addy is lafemanimation@yahoo.com.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 11:30pm On Nov 05, 2011
Oga george here is email address you may send your email there thanks.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Twinsoris(m): 11:35pm On Nov 05, 2011
oga george thanks for the tp here is my email adress , twinsoris@gmail.com.
i need your email address and telephone number please.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by atoje(m): 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2011
pls house i need advice on HD decoder. i want to buy one but i dont know which one to buy
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 1:14pm On Nov 06, 2011
Go for strong 4930HD it's 20k
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by williams85(m): 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2011
cheap and good
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 2:50pm On Nov 06, 2011
how about picture quality,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by atoje(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2011
williams85:

Go for strong 4930HD it's 20k
thanks so much. but why do u think i shld go 4 it. am less concern abt the money all i need is a nice HD decoder.
thanks
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2011
sylve11:

ok, i've seen it and also reply u. Thanks 4 your help.

Wht abt butoneday? It's been long i saw him on here. cool

Ok, I've seen the reply. It's quite unfortunate but maybe you should think of upgrading.

BUTONEDAY is very busy these days but I'm sure he pops in here every once in a while.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:26pm On Nov 06, 2011
Twinsoris:

oga george thanks for the tp here is my email adress , twinsoris@gmail.com.
i need your email address and telephone number please.

@Twinsoris,
I've sent you a mail.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2011
I am Quoting from odilibe (m) « #505 on: August 12, 2011, 08:20 AM »

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-712408.480.html

with all the insult please look at the pictures below

thou it can not be enjoyed  yet but at least  i have hit green and have seen some of the channels.
with the same old 90cm .

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2011
@Lafem,
I can relate to your situation because as a Nilesat dish owner, it happens from time to time.

Most likely your dish has shifted due to high winds and it needs to be re-aligned. You can either do it yourself or you can call someone with more experience to help you out since you're new to this. Be rest assured that dubai one, mtv arabia, bloomberg tv, city 7, etc are still very much live on their old tp. They will surely bounce back after proper adjustment of your dish. For the lnb, try and get 4-way stargold lnb (if you can afford it) or use original FUJI single way. It works just fine.

For HD channels, yes the signals are much weaker here in south-south compared to normal SD channels. However, if you are in places like PH or even Warri you could move over to BADR if your really hot on HD channels. Compared to Nilesat, Badr has more HD channels beaming down here.

That said, I will still encourage you to get the Technosat HD decoder cause you never can tell what tomorrow might bring. Personally I'd like to lay my hands on that decoder too someday.

I hope I've helped you a little?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 5:53pm On Nov 06, 2011
I Hacked

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2011
@l hacked This is not nilesat rather antlantic bird 7.thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Olsojay(m): 9:07pm On Nov 06, 2011
Any installer member from kaduna or kano
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by odilibe(m): 10:56pm On Nov 06, 2011
I Hacked:

I am Quoting from odilibe (m) « #505 on: August 12, 2011, 08:20 AM »

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-712408.480.html

with all the insult please look at the pictures below

thou it can not be enjoyed  yet but at least  i have hit green and have seen some of the channels.
with the same old 90cm .

I Hacked:

this are places where  nilesat can be track with 90cm only if you have Invacom LNBF or Spitfire Elite Single Output 0.1dB Universal LNB

north of Kenya,north of Uganda,Mali.Mauritania
@I Hacked on 12 august 2011 page 16 of this thread you claimed that nilesat signals can be tracked with 90cm dish only with spitfire lnb or invacom in these countries above, north of uganda,north of kenya, mali and mauritania according to www.satbeams.com and nilesat website nilesat 201 footprint covers these countries, where 101 and 102 covers mali and mauritania and recommended dish sizes are below 90cm.Secondly you stated that you tracked  this frequency 11278V/27500 the fact is that this frequency does exist on nile satellites 101/102/201 using www.flysat.com. since i have tracked nilesat previously and for the fact that your location is not stated on this forum, i thereby reserve my comments grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by coder007(m): 11:42pm On Nov 06, 2011
watching tv without subscription is illegal have been warned
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 6:05am On Nov 07, 2011
plz help, i want to track nss7 22°w c-band, the polarization i saw in lyngsat and here[nairaland] is l and r, is it the same as v and h, because thats what i saw in my receiver . .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by simniboma(m): 8:23am On Nov 07, 2011
Brite02:

plz help, i want to track nss7 22°w c-band, the polarization i saw in lyngsat and here[nairaland] is l and r, is it the same as v and h, because thats what i saw in my receiver . .
I believe they are the same. On my set L works with H and R with V. so you may try them. I may be proved wrong by the Gurus but this is my experience. it it fails turn the other way round.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 8:30am On Nov 07, 2011
thanks let me give it a try
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 8:33am On Nov 07, 2011
i hacked

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 8:36am On Nov 07, 2011
i

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Kungu(m): 8:58am On Nov 07, 2011
George_D:

For HD channels, yes the signals are much weaker here in south-south compared to normal SD channels. However, if you are in places like PH or even Warri you could move over to BADR if your really hot on HD channels. Compared to Nilesat, Badr has more HD channels beaming down here.

That said, I will still encourage you to get the Technosat HD decoder cause you never can tell what tomorrow might bring. Personally I'd like to lay my hands on that decoder too someday.

I hope I've helped you a little?

Paris, 31 October 2011

Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL) and MBC Group announce the signature of a multiyear contract for capacity on Eutelsat’s new ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite at 7 degrees West. The lease of a full transponder will enable MBC to expand its platform of channels addressing viewers in the Middle East and North Africa, particularly new HD content which the Group is preparing to launch in January 2012. The announcement was made at Digital TV Middle East, the broadcast and broadband conference taking place in Dubai from November 1 to 2.

The new contract cements a 20-year relationship between Eutelsat and MBC Group which began in 1991 with the launch of MBC1, the first pan-Arab free-to-air satellite station. Over the past 18 years, MBC has developed a network comprising ten TV channels, two radio stations and a production house to forge a leading media and broadcasting group in the Middle East, among other media platforms such as VOD (shahid.net), SMS and MMS services. The move into HDTV reflects the Group's commitment to delivering the latest technology and superior television content.

Launched on September 24, ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 brings first-class resources to 7 degrees West, an established video neighbourhood delivering Arab and international channels into almost 30 million satellite homes. The satellite’s significant Ku-band resources enable broadcasters to launch new Standard Digital and HD content. Its broad footprint expands reach of satellite TV homes located from the North African Atlantic coastline across to the Gulf States.

Commenting on the new contract, MBC Group’s COO Sam Barnett said: “We are enthusiastic about this additional capacity on the ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite that will allow us to further expand in the , ure and meet the expectations of our loyal viewers across the MENA region”.

Andrew Wallace, Eutelsat Chief Commercial Officer, added: “With MBC Group’s selection of ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 as their chosen platform to move into HDTV we are even more excited about the potential of our new satellite to partner broadcasters in the Middle East and North Africa. This is a great start for ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 and we look forward to furthering our longstanding presence and strong partnerships across the region and playing our part in the ongoing roll-out of HDTV”.

Eutelsat’s ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite has replaced ATLANTIC BIRD™ 4A at 7 degrees West. The transfer of 400 TV channels onto the new satellite took place on October 23.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 07, 2011
Revert to the original strong 4669xii stb and enjoy bigbrother with valid subscription. Also with some local free_view.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2011
@Kungu,
That was a nice one indeed. Looks like I'll be getting myself a pretty Technosat HD decoder
very soon!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by gadotor(m): 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2011
Kungu:

Paris, 31 October 2011

Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL) and MBC Group announce the signature of a multiyear contract for capacity on Eutelsat’s new ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite at 7 degrees West. The lease of a full transponder will enable MBC to expand its platform of channels addressing viewers in the Middle East and North Africa, particularly new HD content which the Group is preparing to launch in January 2012. The announcement was made at Digital TV Middle East, the broadcast and broadband conference taking place in Dubai from November 1 to 2.

The new contract cements a 20-year relationship between Eutelsat and MBC Group which began in 1991 with the launch of MBC1, the first pan-Arab free-to-air satellite station. Over the past 18 years, MBC has developed a network comprising ten TV channels, two radio stations and a production house to forge a leading media and broadcasting group in the Middle East, among other media platforms such as VOD (shahid.net), SMS and MMS services. The move into HDTV reflects the Group's commitment to delivering the latest technology and superior television content.

Launched on September 24, ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 brings first-class resources to 7 degrees West, an established video neighbourhood delivering Arab and international channels into almost 30 million satellite homes. The satellite’s significant Ku-band resources enable broadcasters to launch new Standard Digital and HD content. Its broad footprint expands reach of satellite TV homes located from the North African Atlantic coastline across to the Gulf States.

Commenting on the new contract, MBC Group’s COO Sam Barnett said: “We are enthusiastic about this additional capacity on the ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite that will allow us to further expand in the , ure and meet the expectations of our loyal viewers across the MENA region”.

Andrew Wallace, Eutelsat Chief Commercial Officer, added: “With MBC Group’s selection of ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 as their chosen platform to move into HDTV we are even more excited about the potential of our new satellite to partner broadcasters in the Middle East and North Africa. This is a great start for ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 and we look forward to furthering our longstanding presence and strong partnerships across the region and playing our part in the ongoing roll-out of HDTV”.

Eutelsat’s ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 satellite has replaced ATLANTIC BIRD™ 4A at 7 degrees West. The transfer of 400 TV channels onto the new satellite took place on October 23.

Good to hear,but l don,t want to put any hope on it, for now,l think we all know why,thank you
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pofolo(m): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2011
coder007:

watching tv without subscription is illegal have been warned

Moderator,
this coder abi na wetin be him name, why is he spaming d whole satelite threads with d same msg.
No doubt him be paytv agent, tho his msg good but spaming no good for d thread.
Just my own observation sha .
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 5:35pm On Nov 07, 2011
@Pofolo
Well said bro.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ikiriye(m): 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2011
@all,
is there no hope of mbc hdtv coming to badr?secondly where can one purchase dear technosat receiver in south-south and how much
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 1:35am On Nov 08, 2011
@ALL, APART FROM MULTI TV WHICH OTHER SATELLITE CAN I TRACK WITH? MY 60CM DISH IS LYING WASTE, AM IN PHC.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Ellahdarrell(m): 11:21am On Nov 08, 2011
Hw can i unlock a strong decoder? Wil Updating the firmware solve da problem? Plz i need ur assistance @ALL
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2011
Brite02:

@ALL, APART FROM MULTI TV WHICH OTHER SATELLITE CAN I TRACK WITH? MY 60CM DISH IS LYING WASTE, AM IN PHC.

MY W3A ON MY 1.8M, JUST WENT A.W.O.L WENT RAIN FELL 4DAYS AGO. HAVE BEEN TO HIT GREEN AGAIN YET ITS PROVEN STUBBORN HAVE DECIDED TO USE IT FOR MULTI TV WHICH IS NOW AT STABLE 98%, NOW MY 60CM IS LYING IDLE, WHICH SAT I USE THE 60CM DISH TO GET? THANKS

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (2351) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)