Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,128 members, 7,860,059 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:38 AM

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread - Satellite TV Technology (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread (5485143 Views)

Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 4) / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (2352) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2012
gadotor:

You all get 17 e AMOS 5/C with 4120 V/H 7200,the signal is very high in africa,but only reuters WNS  for now,thank you
Pidzo:

Bro, looking at the signal strength I think for C band even with 1.8m you should be comfortable. For KU I feel for the beam covering your area you should do with (65?) or 90cm. grin

Thanks, pidzo and gadotor for this info. Fingers crossed, and counting down to nigcomsat 1-r
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 11:30pm On Jan 27, 2012
pls some1 shud enlighten me on hw2 track 20 degree east wit my 2.4m mesh dish, tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IT4ALL: 1:55am On Jan 28, 2012
pls i need 3 lnb holder that can pick 2m,dstv and astrab 2b, i need it urgently, my mail is vicoyventure@gmail.com
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:14am On Jan 28, 2012
aro seyi:

wht are the tp to track dis beam wit 90m dish thks.
Looks like there are currently no active KU band tps. The moment we discover one we will let this honourable house know. Remember that this satellite has become commercially operational as of Wednesday, January 25, 2012 (just about 3 days ago!) so lets wait a moment!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by timosat(m): 8:01am On Jan 28, 2012
Will 100cm (1m) dish give me badr 4,5,6 in Warri? with Aljazeera sports package and canal maghreb package in mind? please advise.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by jimohbello: 9:33am On Jan 28, 2012
pls what is the highiest frequences to track this bird
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by LdZaDon: 3:42pm On Jan 28, 2012
please i need help with my strong decoder, i use srt 4653x n it alwys hangs or reboot sometimes while am watching a station, also how can i set channels like 370E,22W e.t.c hw can i do dis.
lastly concerning d biss codes,d secret code doesnt work for me, my RDV channel is showin but no sound unlike others say ders is scrambled n when i press 6969 twice n 8280 notin apens pls sme1 kindly help me, tnx,
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 5:31pm On Jan 28, 2012
LdZaDon:

please i need help with my strong decoder, i use srt 4653x n it alwys hangs or reboot sometimes while am watching a station, also how can i set channels like 370E,22W e.t.c hw can i do dis.
lastly concerning d biss codes,d secret code doesnt work for me, my RDV channel is showin but no sound unlike others say ders is scrambled n when i press 6969 twice n 8280 notin apens pls sme1 kindly help me, tnx,
The problem is that SRT4653x is a discontinued model (no longer manufactured by Strong Technologies) and it is likely that you are using a fake product. I have seen those models here with similar problems while they are still brand new. I certainly feel it has to do with poor workmanship from the manufacturer. 
As for RDV it currently requires no special code (it's FTA) and for audio press the audio button and try to change the L or R option and see if it helps.cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by King411(m): 9:09pm On Jan 28, 2012
@ Pidzo there's a msg for you on f.b.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 7:27am On Jan 29, 2012
King411:

@ Pidzo there's a msg for you on f.b.
Thanks bro. Let me go and check grin grin
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by trek4000: 8:22am On Jan 29, 2012
Hi there guys iam able to watch You Tube using my Decorder but it buffer alot and this irritates me,can you guys advise me how best to do this though my plans are to watch DSTV with it. Advise
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 8:37am On Jan 29, 2012
trek4000:

Hi there guys iam able to watch You Tube using my Decorder  but it buffer alot and this irritates me,can you guys advise me how best to do this though my plans are to watch DSTV with it. Advise
Buffering is mainly a problem of slow internet connectivity. If your PC or receiver isn't downloading fast enough to keep up with the vision, it pauses to fill the buffer. The one solution for this buffering problem is to switch to a faster network (eg broadband) or if already on broadband try to stop other programmes use the internet so that all bandwidth is reserved for the video download. You may find that even on broadband with all programmes stopped there is still buffering. That may be because your service provider's server is not fast enough or there are more people trying to watch the same video at the same time. cool cool
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 6:52pm On Jan 29, 2012
Hello. plz my ab3 cband on 1.8m just went off, anybody experiencing this plz confirm.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lokogoma: 7:24pm On Jan 29, 2012
i had ait naija is on fta pls help
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 29, 2012
Lokogoma:

i had ait naija is on fta pls help

yeah intelsat 1R @50'W 4086 H/V 4445 & 4079 H/V 4445
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Lokogoma: 8:49pm On Jan 29, 2012
thanks, but how do i track intelsat 1r 50 west
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Dlee1(m): 5:00am On Jan 30, 2012
Lokogoma:

thanks, but how do i track intelsat 1r 50 west
Hey bro, you have been told that it is on the west and the trasponders to track it was provided to you, then what again do you want?
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:24am On Jan 30, 2012
D.lee:

Hey bro, you have been told that it is on the west and the trasponders to track it was provided to you, then what again do you want?

he want me to leave my house & track it for him,funny dude. If u still can't get through with it contact Joe on +2348135758823, he will assist u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 30, 2012
D.lee:

he want me to leave my house & track it for him,funny dude. If u still can't get through with it contact Joe on +2348135758823, he will assist u.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 9:41am On Jan 30, 2012
Given him fish wont solve his problem better to teach him how to catch fish.His post read 9 while yours read 180+ i believe you can still put him through .i believe sometime we get pissed off by some questions but never mind we are all learning here.viva nairaland
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Brite02(m): 10:04am On Jan 30, 2012
i've gotten my ab3 last nite, i really thought they went off, i had to realignment my dish and change part of my cable eating by insects(because i passed it under ground).
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 10:06am On Jan 30, 2012
obnelly:

Given him fish wont solve his problem better to teach him how to catch fish.His post read 9 while yours read 180+ i believe you can still put him through .i believe sometime we get pissed off by some questions but never mind we are all learning here.viva nairaland

thumbs up bro!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 10:11am On Jan 30, 2012
please oo is ab3 ku or c band, wat degree(freq nd sr) is it nd wat channels ar there.tanx
Brite02:

i've gotten my ab3 last nite, i really thought they went off, i had to realignment my dish and change part of my cable eating by insects(because i passed it under ground).

please oo is ab3 ku or c band, wat degree(freq nd sr) is it nd wat channels ar there.tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 10:13am On Jan 30, 2012
Plss ooo can i connect my avatar(dongle) to my 2.4m dish to unscramble channel?, if yes,how??, if no,dem wat shud i use d dongle on, much tanx
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 10:27am On Jan 30, 2012
pboy2buzy:

Such kind of questions will not yield you better answers and you may miss a lot. The best is to make your own research on what is found on what satellite and make a choice based on parameters like footprint, your dish size and what you like, among many. You can use Lyngsat or Flysat for your reaserch.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by GeorgeD1(m): 11:26am On Jan 30, 2012
@All,

Good news for real FTA enthusiasts!

Satellite Antenna Alignment v2.92 is out. Kindly download it here:

http://download.cnet.com/3001-20432_4-10513742.html?spi=dc7493897d1a6ab893dc0281ba041906

Enjoy!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by obnelly: 11:29am On Jan 30, 2012
Pboy2busy u shld learn from the forum by reading through,fold you sleeves,grab the spanners and face either east or west.be up and doing before asking questions.learn from small dish before handling bigger dish by following the simple rules you will learn a lot.if u want to ask question dont start with pls ooo,doing that doesnt speak of you as truely a professioner in the making.
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by IHacked: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2012
@pidzo my broda don't wast ur time on this guy he is playing around

i have advice him but he wont listing
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by Pidzo(m): 11:37am On Jan 30, 2012
I Hacked:

@pidzo my broda don't wast ur time on this guy he is playing around

i have advice him but he wont listing
@ I Hacked
Thanks bro for you tip. God bless you.  wink
obnelly:

Pboy2busy u shld learn from the forum by reading through,fold you sleeves,grab the spanners and face either east or west.be up and doing before asking questions.learn from small dish before handling bigger dish by following the simple rules you will learn a lot.if u want to ask question dont start with pls ooo,doing that doesnt speak of you as truely a professioner in the making.
I just don't know how many times we have to say this. Thanks Obnelly.
George_D:

@All,

Good news for real FTA enthusiasts!

Satellite Antenna Alignment v2.92 is out. Kindly download it here:

http://download.cnet.com/3001-20432_4-10513742.html?spi=dc7493897d1a6ab893dc0281ba041906

Enjoy!
Thanks George. I respect you, Igweeeee!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by adedayo101: 11:54am On Jan 30, 2012
@ hacked
Pls drop ♍ a mail on adedayo303@yahoo.com.av a message føя̩̥̊ u
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 12:24pm On Jan 30, 2012
menh Am screwed!!!!!
Re: Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread by pboy2buzy(m): 12:26pm On Jan 30, 2012
menh Am screwed!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (2352) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.