Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,461 members, 7,830,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe (74142 Views)

NYSC: Nine Corps Members To Repeat Service Year In Kogi / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado / Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 6:27pm On May 13, 2022
MrBachelor:
Something similar almost happened to a corper in a certain northerner state where I served. He urinated in a gutter close to a mosque, and they accused him of desecrating their holy ground. He was quickly descended upon and beaten by a mob. Knives were already drawn. Luckily he escaped them, jumped into a friend's waiting car and that one sped off.

Those marrafuckers pursued on bikes, wielding sticks, knives, and machetes. Already, those corpers don put call, so men don already prepare dey wait. We left the gate open, and as soon as they drove into the compound we opened fire on the marauders. They had no idea we had guns - very good guns by the way. grin

No ask me why(or how) corpers go get guns. But we had them, and very willing to use them. cool

Lies.

You go open fire for northerns and you no go dey prison by now?Dem no go burn una House?News no go carry am?

You have no idea how northerners are protected in Nigeria.They are like landlord's children and we are like tenants' children.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by jacoik(m): 6:28pm On May 13, 2022
Are we supposed to be the same country? Wherever lugard is, may fire continue to burn him
merit455:
Deborah's murder reminds me of my service year in Yobe state as a youth corper.

I can't forget that experience in a hurry and I keep asking myself why these Muslims can so misinterprete issues to suit what they are planning to do.

We had a certain female Corp member from Delta state, she likes painting her lips like � and putting on trousers. Unknown to her she became the subject of a serious hatred and an apparent plan to kill her was in the pipe line.

You know these people have a way of coordinating their murderous acts, it's a chain that includes the high and low in their society.

So corper Blessing was teaching one day in class and a particular student was busy distracting others, she tried to caution the boy and get him to concentrate but boy keep disturbing the rest of the class, Unknown to her, that was the trap. The said boy was writing in his note book and kept tiring them out, so when she went to the boy's desk, she picked up the pieces of paper and threw them away. The boy stood up and left the classroom.

Boom! Not upto 30mins, another teacher came to Blessing and asked her why she would desecrate the coran, she was so surprised to hear that and decided to ask the teacher where she got that kind of news. To cut the story short, the teacher asked Blessing to leave the school premises immediately else she would be kill.

Blessing quickly left the school to her lodge where she told other corp members what had transpired in school. As she was still speaking, a large crowd of Muslims youth were charging and chanting towards the corpers lodge with sticks and knives, they corpers quickly ran towards the gate to lock it , at that point it became a back and push in the gate as the knew that if the youth gained entrance into the place, they maybe more casualties. This happened in Potiskum.

At that point, calls where coming into to the zonal office for help, I was one of the corper rep in the zone assisting the ZI and LI, the ZI, a Yoruba man quickly called the police, there was no action, he called the army, nothing happened, we started praying for God to intervene, we were asked to go see the Emir, we did, but you could sense the whole town was waiting to hear that Blessing had been killed before action would be taken.

What shocked me most was that our LI, a Muslim was so furious, saying she deserves to die for desecrating the Quran, but thankfully our ZI called a Army topnotch in the south east who had to call the yobe command. ( I don't know the process but it was so fast), military personnels came in two vans to take us to the location of the corpers, you won't believe the crowd, youth wielding sticks, knives and a tray but when they saw the military they started running, all the corpers members were evacuated, the two vans couldn't take everyone, so most of the soldiers has to walk beside the vans for us to get out of that place to the zonal office.

We started wandering how writing quranic citations in a piece of paper or a notebook made the paper or notebook a quran.

As the madness was going on in the town, I was given one of the worst task of my life as the ZI mandated me to snick Blessing out of the town.

While concern people where coming to find out what happened, I took Blessing through the backyard, and then out of the gate, picked okada towards Damaturu with Blessing looking completely different (her lips cleaned and dressed like a northern girl with her head covered) and crying profusely. We succeeded in sending her to Damaturu and that was her last day in Potiskum as she completed the remaining part of her service year at the state headquarters.

This religious misinterpretation must stop forthwith. Deborah death is one of too many cases of religious extremists and fanatics taking the lives of innocent people.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by waldigit: 6:29pm On May 13, 2022
This is their way. In my days in Kebbi there were many stories too numerous to mention. This is why we know if this country must stay together it must be restructured else my advice to everyone who can't be committed to this is just try and not raise children in this country and if you have already try and send them out.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by samonak(m): 6:29pm On May 13, 2022
NobleAngell:
Some years ago, When Makarfi was the governor of Kaduna state, there was a war btw Iraq and Iran or was it Kuwait (can't say). Next thing, these guys started giving a crisis undertone inKaduna. Makarfi gave an instruction that an empty plane be made ready for a free trip to Iraq/Iran for whomever wants to fight. He said nobody should bring that nonsense to Kaduna. That was how everyone respected themselves and no one showed up on the plane. That man still remains my best governor of Kaduna so far.

By the way, he was a Muslim o but he had zero tolerance for BS.
It Occurred when a Danish cartoonist depicted the image of the Prophet as a terrorist. The incidence drew serious condemnation among Muslims worldwide and Nigeria wasn't excluded. Muslims went on protest every where and trust our sabi sabi Muslim peeps in the North, they gave it a religious colouration and turned it into Christian - Muslim riot. Another riot also happened during the miss world beauty pageant which was billed to hold in Kaduna.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Toktee(m): 6:30pm On May 13, 2022
Homeboiy:
Same thing happened to my uncle in a village called DAN AlHAJI 2

He rode bike pass where the Muslims were praying , they nearly killed him but what said him was that he is so good in hausa language .
He has spent 11 years in the north before the incident in 2007 but was new to that village

He pleaded in hausa and others helped to beg.
His landlord was the one that calmed the others down.

But I lived with Muslims in lafia
My friends Sadiq and hussein were both Muslims.

We would stay awake in front of the central mosque bukan sidi until 11pm.

We do go to state hotel together at night.
Late Abdul accepted me as his brother .

There mother is igbo

Wasa da kaza ba aberi yanka
You are a lucky man living with them.

1 Like

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Ojuntana: 6:30pm On May 13, 2022
Mooh247:

Be bold enough and use your main username perhaps I might tell you

Not like you can afford the tuition anyways
Oh. Better if I can't afford it. It saves the possibility of wasting money.

My advice though. Educate and re-educate yourself. Education does not end when you leave school no matter how expensively acquired.

8 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by gannod(m): 6:31pm On May 13, 2022
NobleAngell:
Some years ago, When Makarfi was the governor of Kaduna state, there was a war btw Iraq and Iran or was it Kuwait (can't say). Next thing, these guys started giving a crisis undertone inKaduna. Makarfi gave an instruction that an empty plane be made ready for a free trip to Iraq/Iran for whomever wants to fight. He said nobody should bring that nonsense to Kaduna. That was how everyone respected themselves and no one showed up on the plane. That man still remains my best governor of Kaduna so far.

By the way, he was a Muslim o but he had zero tolerance for BS.

One of the reasons I like Makarfi till date. From my standpoint, if you are angry about any crisis in the middle-east between the west and the moslems, you should be bold enough to join them to fight the west instead of constituting nuisance in Nigeria.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by bigiyaro(m): 6:31pm On May 13, 2022
Nothing is as deadly as mixing illiteracy,hausa/Fulani and Islam. Very babaric combo.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Mooh247: 6:31pm On May 13, 2022
Ojuntana:

Oh. Better if I can't afford it. It saves the possibility of wasting money.

My advice though. Educate and re-educate yourself. Education does not end when you leave school no matter how expensively acquired.

Ok

Bye
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by 040drogba: 6:31pm On May 13, 2022
In muslim predominantly area any person, that insult our last prophet or throw away glorious quran suppose to be kill. As we muslim will never insult jesus, because he is a prophet also we will never throw away bible as we know is the book of jesus. To be free from any problem while leaving in muslim state, do not do blasphemy or throw away quran so that u can leave in peace and harmony.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 6:31pm On May 13, 2022
Sheiszainab:
Wawu cry .may ber soul rest in perfect peace. The extremism is too bad and wondered why it keep coming from just one region and a particular tribe.Sentiment apart.Islam is the best religion but it doesn't warrant me killing my fellow human to believe what I believe.And these doesn't justify calling all Muslims terrorist.

Are you trying to say there are two islams?
One that justifies killing and the other that doesn't justify killings?

As long as you worship Allah, you are on the same page with terrorists.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 6:32pm On May 13, 2022
040drogba:
In muslim predominantly area any person, that insult our last prophet or throw away glorious quran suppose to be kill. As we muslim will never insult jesus, because he is a prophet also we will never throw away bible as we know is the book of jesus. To be free from any problem while leaving in muslim state, do not do blasphemy or throw away quran so that u can leave in peace and harmony.

Are you a northerner?

1 Like

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:33pm On May 13, 2022
Imagine the kind of Nonsense we see in the North , just Imagine the kind of Nonsense Muslims call PEACE....PISS

7 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Kingnelson9: 6:33pm On May 13, 2022
LUAN:
if we divide the country what would be the fate of those christian leaving in the north?? Will they be safe?
what is their current fate now?

2 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Ekugbeh(m): 6:33pm On May 13, 2022
Aliou007:
Get a better life. Storytelling isn’t your thing
lol. Who told you he's a storyteller?

2 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Ojuntana: 6:33pm On May 13, 2022
Mooh247:

Ok

Bye
Be gone

But do not forget the education you got freely.
It seems better than the costly one

8 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by MNDY(m): 6:33pm On May 13, 2022
Killing for blasphemy is something Koran verses and hadiths condemn while Muhammed was involved in it. Suffice to say the killer-Muslims are ardent fans of Muhammed; the Muslims that don't support such killing only strictly follow the verses and hadiths condemning it, they are not fans of Muhammed or Usman and his Jihad way. Just like having some Christians (for instance) believe in the Moses' old ways of an-eye-for-an-eye etc while other Christians hold on to the new ways introduced by Jesus. What makes it worse for Islam is how core Islamic countries as global models of Islam do these things. It actually all boils down to Nigeria's north and core Islamic countries taking after the ways of those figures in the Koran and the things they did in times past, ignoring the verses and hadiths condemning those things which Allah pronounced and delivered to the people through others.

1 Like

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Yves4real(f): 6:34pm On May 13, 2022
Survivors of the Kaduna South and Plateau State religious wars have much to say about that sect they refer to as a religion.
Sincerely, Christians know what they must do to put an end to this lunacy.
Please, if any G.O. or pastor reminds you that you must suffer for the sake of the Gospel and that you should rejoice if you die as a patriarch or matriarch in the hands of those beasts, tell him or her to lead by example by stopping to move with heavy security.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Babaken(m): 6:34pm On May 13, 2022
Islam is the first antichrist tools devil map out to battle Christianity.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by hermesprogidy(m): 6:34pm On May 13, 2022
MrBachelor:
Something similar almost happened to a corper in a certain northerner state where I served. He urinated in a gutter close to a mosque, and they accused him of desecrating their holy ground. He was quickly descended upon and beaten by a mob. Knives were already drawn. Luckily he escaped them, jumped into a friend's waiting car and that one sped off.

Those marrafuckers pursued on bikes, wielding sticks, knives, and machetes. Already, those corpers don put call, so men don already prepare dey wait. We left the gate open, and as soon as they drove into the compound we opened fire on the marauders. They had no idea we had guns - very good guns by the way. grin

No ask me why(or how) corpers go get guns. But we had them, and very willing to use them. cool
Nice movie.. Nollywood or Western?/
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Mooh247: 6:34pm On May 13, 2022
Ojuntana:

Be gone

But do not forget the education you got freely.
It seems better than the costly one

Is that all or you want to rant some more?!
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Ojuntana: 6:34pm On May 13, 2022
040drogba:
That means Muslims are barbarians.
Besides, a lot of Muslims insult Christians and even claim the Bible is corrupted.
So easy with the taqiyya

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Ojuntana: 6:35pm On May 13, 2022
Mooh247:

Is that all or you want to rant some more?!
That's all my boy

8 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Albertone(m): 6:35pm On May 13, 2022
Ormbaloosu:
Interesting story. However, you failed to point out that the Muslims cautioned her over indecent dressing before planning an attack. That's their normal style. They caution you first and when you pay deaf ears. They attack you. Blessing must have ignored all warnings about decent dressing. These warnings are dished out right from camp.

So wearing of trousers is indecent?

8 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Prozico22(m): 6:36pm On May 13, 2022
doggedfighter:

Zainab, shut up your mouth !

Imagine advertising your stupid religion that just wasted a young woman like you as the best.

You should hide your face in shame. undecided undecided

Nonsense !

backwardness nigeria still advertising the useless religion that just killed someone hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Galadimabawa: 6:36pm On May 13, 2022
merit455:
Deborah's murder reminds me of my service year in Yobe state as a youth corper.

I can't forget that experience in a hurry and I keep asking myself why these Muslims can so misinterprete issues to suit what they are planning to do.

We had a certain female Corp member from Delta state, she likes painting her lips like � and putting on trousers. Unknown to her she became the subject of a serious hatred and an apparent plan to kill her was in the pipe line.

You know these people have a way of coordinating their murderous acts, it's a chain that includes the high and low in their society.

So corper Blessing was teaching one day in class and a particular student was busy distracting others, she tried to caution the boy and get him to concentrate but boy keep disturbing the rest of the class, Unknown to her, that was the trap. The said boy was writing in his note book and kept tiring them out, so when she went to the boy's desk, she picked up the pieces of paper and threw them away. The boy stood up and left the classroom.

Boom! Not upto 30mins, another teacher came to Blessing and asked her why she would desecrate the coran, she was so surprised to hear that and decided to ask the teacher where she got that kind of news. To cut the story short, the teacher asked Blessing to leave the school premises immediately else she would be kill.

Blessing quickly left the school to her lodge where she told other corp members what had transpired in school. As she was still speaking, a large crowd of Muslims youth were charging and chanting towards the corpers lodge with sticks and knives, they corpers quickly ran towards the gate to lock it , at that point it became a back and push in the gate as the knew that if the youth gained entrance into the place, they maybe more casualties. This happened in Potiskum.

At that point, calls where coming into to the zonal office for help, I was one of the corper rep in the zone assisting the ZI and LI, the ZI, a Yoruba man quickly called the police, there was no action, he called the army, nothing happened, we started praying for God to intervene, we were asked to go see the Emir, we did, but you could sense the whole town was waiting to hear that Blessing had been killed before action would be taken.

What shocked me most was that our LI, a Muslim was so furious, saying she deserves to die for desecrating the Quran, but thankfully our ZI called a Army topnotch in the south east who had to call the yobe command. ( I don't know the process but it was so fast), military personnels came in two vans to take us to the location of the corpers, you won't believe the crowd, youth wielding sticks, knives and a tray but when they saw the military they started running, all the corpers members were evacuated, the two vans couldn't take everyone, so most of the soldiers has to walk beside the vans for us to get out of that place to the zonal office.

We started wandering how writing quranic citations in a piece of paper or a notebook made the paper or notebook a quran.

As the madness was going on in the town, I was given one of the worst task of my life as the ZI mandated me to snick Blessing out of the town.

While concern people where coming to find out what happened, I took Blessing through the backyard, and then out of the gate, picked okada towards Damaturu with Blessing looking completely different (her lips cleaned and dressed like a northern girl with her head covered) and crying profusely. We succeeded in sending her to Damaturu and that was her last day in Potiskum as she completed the remaining part of her service year at the state headquarters.

This religious misinterpretation must stop forthwith. Deborah death is one of too many cases of religious extremists and fanatics taking the lives of innocent people.

I'm telling you, even some of them that claim to be against it in the public, deep back home in their hearts they appreciated and support it.
God help us.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by JmyNigaa: 6:36pm On May 13, 2022
Deltatoto:
I served in kanama yobe state.i have Similar story my own I was the one that they wanted to kill.because I looked lustfully one of the alhaji wife’s.my story is longer than ur own.it was state cordinator that saved me.I was already ear marked for death.

Give us the full story..
We no mind pay you.. Drop wallet asap..lol
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Ekugbeh(m): 6:37pm On May 13, 2022
Mooh247:

Shutup and mind your life or do I know you
relax man. What you are saying doesn't correlate with the discussion. Have a grasp first, have a conclusion before you comment ok. Cheers

5 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by samonak(m): 6:37pm On May 13, 2022
cdqyehyeh:
Is not about the religion is about the region. Most Hausa in the north are highly extreme in nature. They’ve been built with the kinda of mentality
The ones that beat up Muslim students who went to a friend's party in Ilorin are Hausa abi? Na de same boat carry all of them jare!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by bizhop01: 6:38pm On May 13, 2022
I blame religion of terrorism that is were Northerners got their evil inspiration

4 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by AngelicBeing: 6:38pm On May 13, 2022
sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Female Corper Slays In Her NYSC Khaki Skirt (Photos) / Corpers In Suit: Checkout This NYSC Outfit (Photo) / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.