Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,396 members, 7,830,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe (74137 Views)

NYSC: Nine Corps Members To Repeat Service Year In Kogi / My Service Year In Anambra - Corper Peter Omoniyi Gidado / Yobe Corper Organises Spelling Bee Competition For Schools (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 13, 2022
merit455:
Deborah's murder reminds me of my service year in Yobe state as a youth corper.

I can't forget that experience in a hurry and I keep asking myself why these Muslims can so misinterprete issues to suit what they are planning to do.

We had a certain female Corp member from Delta state, she likes painting her lips like � and putting on trousers. Unknown to her she became the subject of a serious hatred and an apparent plan to kill her was in the pipe line.

You know these people have a way of coordinating their murderous acts, it's a chain that includes the high and low in their society.

So corper Blessing was teaching one day in class and a particular student was busy distracting others, she tried to caution the boy and get him to concentrate but boy keep disturbing the rest of the class, Unknown to her, that was the trap. The said boy was writing in his note book and kept tiring them out, so when she went to the boy's desk, she picked up the pieces of paper and threw them away. The boy stood up and left the classroom.

Boom! Not upto 30mins, another teacher came to Blessing and asked her why she would desecrate the coran, she was so surprised to hear that and decided to ask the teacher where she got that kind of news. To cut the story short, the teacher asked Blessing to leave the school premises immediately else she would be kill.

Blessing quickly left the school to her lodge where she told other corp members what had transpired in school. As she was still speaking, a large crowd of Muslims youth were charging and chanting towards the corpers lodge with sticks and knives, they corpers quickly ran towards the gate to lock it , at that point it became a back and push in the gate as the knew that if the youth gained entrance into the place, they maybe more casualties. This happened in Potiskum.

At that point, calls where coming into to the zonal office for help, I was one of the corper rep in the zone assisting the ZI and LI, the ZI, a Yoruba man quickly called the police, there was no action, he called the army, nothing happened, we started praying for God to intervene, we were asked to go see the Emir, we did, but you could sense the whole town was waiting to hear that Blessing had been killed before action would be taken.

What shocked me most was that our LI, a Muslim was so furious, saying she deserves to die for desecrating the Quran, but thankfully our ZI called a Army topnotch in the south east who had to call the yobe command. ( I don't know the process but it was so fast), military personnels came in two vans to take us to the location of the corpers, you won't believe the crowd, youth wielding sticks, knives and a tray but when they saw the military they started running, all the corpers members were evacuated, the two vans couldn't take everyone, so most of the soldiers has to walk beside the vans for us to get out of that place to the zonal office.

We started wandering how writing quranic citations in a piece of paper or a notebook made the paper or notebook a quran.

As the madness was going on in the town, I was given one of the worst task of my life as the ZI mandated me to snick Blessing out of the town.

While concern people where coming to find out what happened, I took Blessing through the backyard, and then out of the gate, picked okada towards Damaturu with Blessing looking completely different (her lips cleaned and dressed like a northern girl with her head covered) and crying profusely. We succeeded in sending her to Damaturu and that was her last day in Potiskum as she completed the remaining part of her service year at the state headquarters.

This religious misinterpretation must stop forthwith. Deborah death is one of too many cases of religious extremists and fanatics taking the lives of innocent people.
its the boy's fault for lying against her. stop accusing muslims

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Lamasta(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2022
Mooh247:
cool

Africans are generally wicked

Last week 2 men got lynched in Delta state over a bike

Two weeks back two soldiers were beheaded in Imo state

Go through Cultist Update post on Nairaland, every day young men butcher themselves for no reason

Go through Udele/ Oyigboupdate post every week someone got killed every Monday sit at home

It's high time we stand completely against killing of all manners regardless of the reasons

killing is not allowed under Nigerian constituition , criminal code, penal code or Sharia law

The issue is religious Extremisms and fanatism OK that Islam portrays

2 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Timagex(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2022
MrBachelor:
Something similar almost happened to a corper in a certain northerner state where I served. He urinated in a gutter close to a mosque, and they accused him of desecrating their holy ground. He was quickly descended upon and beaten by a mob. Knives were already drawn. Luckily he escaped them, jumped into a friend's waiting car and that one sped off.

Those marrafuckers pursued on bikes, wielding sticks, knives, and machetes. Already, those corpers don put call, so men don already prepare dey wait. We left the gate open, and as soon as they drove into the compound we opened fire on the marauders. They had no idea we had guns - very good guns by the way. grin

No ask me why(or how) corpers go get guns. But we had them, and very willing to use them. cool

This was an interesting read! grin
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by gozie112(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2022
Sheiszainab:
Wawu cry .may ber soul rest in perfect peace. The extremism is too bad and wondered why it keep coming from just one region and a particular tribe.Sentiment apart.Islam is the best religion but it doesn't warrant me killing my fellow human to believe what I believe.And these doesn't justify calling all Muslims terrorist.
all Muslims are terrorist..we can see it in the case of Deborah...no wonder America no dey give Una breathing space

14 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Sheiszainab(f): 6:41pm On May 13, 2022
Albertone:

Are you trying to say there are two islams?
One that justifies killing and the other that doesn't justify killings?

As long as you worship Allah, you are on the same page with terrorists.
.when most of you think Allah is another God.i just laugh.its not fault nof yours cos what you don't know is bigger than you they say.
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by HBB1(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2022
superCleanworks:
I had a terrible experience while working as a site survey engineer many years ago.

The Jesus wey save me that day wear agbada

cheesy cheesy

Oga no use laugh kee me na!

3 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Okhuadams(m): 6:41pm On May 13, 2022
merit455:

I can't forget that experience in a hurry and I keep asking myself why these Muslims can so misinterprete issues to suit what they are planning to do.

We had a certain female Corp member from Delta state, she likes painting her lips like � and putting on trousers. Unknown to her she became the subject of a serious hatred and an apparent plan to kill her was in the pipe line.

You know these people have a way of coordinating their murderous acts, it's a chain that includes the high and low in their society.

So corper Blessing was teaching one day in class and a particular student was busy distracting others, she tried to caution the boy and get him to concentrate but boy keep disturbing the rest of the class, Unknown to her, that was the trap. The said boy was writing in his note book and kept tiring them out, so when she went to the boy's desk, she picked up the pieces of paper and threw them away. The boy stood up and left the classroom.

Boom! Not upto 30mins, another teacher came to Blessing and asked her why she would desecrate the coran, she was so surprised to hear that and decided to ask the teacher where she got that kind of news. To cut the story short, the teacher asked Blessing to leave the school premises immediately else she would be kill.

Blessing quickly left the school to her lodge where she told other corp members what had transpired in school. As she was still speaking, a large crowd of Muslims youth were charging and chanting towards the corpers lodge with sticks and knives, they corpers quickly ran towards the gate to lock it , at that point it became a back and push in the gate as the knew that if the youth gained entrance into the place, they maybe more casualties. This happened in Potiskum.

At that point, calls where coming into to the zonal office for help, I was one of the corper rep in the zone assisting the ZI and LI, the ZI, a Yoruba man quickly called the police, there was no action, he called the army, nothing happened, we started praying for God to intervene, we were asked to go see the Emir, we did, but you could sense the whole town was waiting to hear that Blessing had been killed before action would be taken.

What shocked me most was that our LI, a Muslim was so furious, saying she deserves to die for desecrating the Quran, but thankfully our ZI called a Army topnotch in the south east who had to call the yobe command. ( I don't know the process but it was so fast), military personnels came in two vans to take us to the location of the corpers, you won't believe the crowd, youth wielding sticks, knives and a tray but when they saw the military they started running, all the corpers members were evacuated, the two vans couldn't take everyone, so most of the soldiers has to walk beside the vans for us to get out of that place to the zonal office.

We started wandering how writing quranic citations in a piece of paper or a notebook made the paper or notebook a quran.

As the madness was going on in the town, I was given one of the worst task of my life as the ZI mandated me to snick Blessing out of the town.

While concern people where coming to find out what happened, I took Blessing through the backyard, and then out of the gate, picked okada towards Damaturu with Blessing looking completely different (her lips cleaned and dressed like a northern girl with her head covered) and crying profusely. We succeeded in sending her to Damaturu and that was her last day in Potiskum as she completed the remaining part of her service year at the state headquarters.

This religious misinterpretation must stop forthwith. Deborah death is one of too many cases of religious extremists and fanatics taking the lives of innocent people.
The bitter truth is that they always get away with there condemnation is just like a water been poured in a basket this will definitely be thrown under the rug. God help the Christains

1 Like

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 6:42pm On May 13, 2022
040drogba:
In muslim predominantly area any person, that insult our last prophet or throw away glorious quran suppose to be kill. As we muslim will never insult jesus, because he is a prophet also we will never throw away bible as we know is the book of jesus. To be free from any problem while leaving in muslim state, do not do blasphemy or throw away quran so that u can leave in peace and harmony.

What is the offence of that lady pls? For her to be stoned to death by the religion of Peace?

5 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by KosiGee(m): 6:44pm On May 13, 2022
merit455:

What happened to Deborah was barbaric and very unfortunate….With your experience in Yobe state and northern Nigeria, I think a lot of ‘ignorant’ southerners should apply wisdom when exploring the region…your friend threw a ‘high visibility apparels and costume around her. She came with a notice me quick attitude and she got it. I know this is serious and could potentially had ended her life but we all need to have some sense when dealing with certain challenges and national youth service corps anywhere in Nigeria is one of those challenges.

She painted her lips in shiny colours, dressed in clothings that would attract negative attention from the locals….the scenario with the young kid to trap her wasn’t unexpected.

I know kids can be annoying but going to that little man gently to know what he was up to and trying to see what he was scribbling on the papers maybe might have changed the whole event. He could’ve been autistic or with ADHD..She apparently had some staff at the school who felt intimidated or offended by her attitude. It’s good to know your environment, make friends and also seek support when needed.

She took the wrong approach throwing those papers away. Nigerian teachers need lots of trainings in handling and dealing with difficult children. The only approach they know is beating or pushing children out of the class.

Why did your friend change her clothings and why did she clean the lipstick when you were smuggling her out of town….Reality!!

A little respect and wisdom can be helpful.

Another scenario is about a youth corps member who killed a ball python somewhere in Anambra state some years ago. You need to know and understand your environment. Little funny things can put you in trouble. Like your friend Blessing, this guy who killed a ball python could have been in a big mess.

Local rules….study and understand it. It’ll make complex issues easy and smooth.

9 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Deltatoto: 6:44pm On May 13, 2022
JmyNigaa:

Give us the full story..
We no mind pay you.. Drop wallet asap..lol
lol forget north bros.that place na another planet
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Sheiszainab(f): 6:44pm On May 13, 2022
gozie112:
all Muslims are terrorist..we can see it in the case of Deborah...no wonder America no dey give Una breathing space
can you call all Christians Arm robbers, Cultist or Ritualist cos those things are more rampant in South "No". You have chose to believ what you believe ignorantly so just be wit it
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Toktee(m): 6:44pm On May 13, 2022
omobolarinwa1:

Do you read your bible so .the hatred on muslims show your hanger toward the north clan not there religious ...if yes can you folloeed bible verse like this to justify your killing too..nope

1 Samuel 15:3 -
“Go and attack the Amalekites! Destroy them and all their possessions. Don't have any pity. Kill their men, women, children, and even their babies. Slaughter there sheeps ...

Jeremiah 18:21

Therefore, give their children over to famine
And deliver them up to the power of the sword;
And let their wives become childless and widowed.
Let their men also be smitten to death,
Their young men struck down by the sword in battle.

Leviticus 20:27
“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”

2 Kings 10:25
Then it came about, as soon as he had finished offering the burnt offering, that Jehu said to the guard and to the royal officers, “Go in, kill them; let none come out.” And they killed them with the edge of the sword; and the guard and the royal officers threw them out, and went to the inner room of the house of Baal.

Leviticus 26:7-9
7 And ye shall chase your enemies, and they shall fall before you by the sword.

8 And five of you shall chase an hundred, and an hundred of you shall put ten thousand to flight: and your enemies shall fall before you by the sword.

9 For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and multiply you, and establish my covenant with you.

Leviticus 20:9
For anyone who curses his father or his mother shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother; his blood is upon him.

THIS VERSE IS TALKING ABOUT INFIDELITY PEOPLE SHOULD BE STONE TO DEATH...YOU SEE THE STONE OF SOMEONE TO DEATH STARTED EVEN BEFORE THE PEOPLE OF MECCA..

Deuteronomy 22:20-21
But if the thing is true, that evidence of virginity was not found in the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones, because she has done an outrageous thing in Israel by whoring in her father's house. So you shall purge the evil from your midst.

FOR A FURTHER TORRY READ FULL VERSE OF Numbers 31

Can you also be kind enough to tell me who the instructions was given to and why?

And how many Muslims have been murdered in Nigeria for insulting Jesus and even tearing the Bible?

You are even a Yoruba izhara fool

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by doggedfighter(f): 6:45pm On May 13, 2022
Prozico22:

backwardness nigeria still advertising the useless religion that just killed someone hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

They will never change. undecided

Pathetic morons !

7 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by pocohantas(f): 6:45pm On May 13, 2022
doggedfighter:

Zainab, shut up your mouth !

Imagine advertising your stupid religion that just wasted a young woman like you as the best.

You should hide your face in shame. undecided undecided

Nonsense !

Obviously a troll.
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by ogunsbanjul(m): 6:46pm On May 13, 2022
Thank God for Blessing's life.
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by emmypsv(m): 6:46pm On May 13, 2022
Yoruba Muslims don't behave like this why this Hausa pple carry religion for head
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Ekugbeh(m): 6:46pm On May 13, 2022
040drogba:
In muslim predominantly area any person, that insult our last prophet or throw away glorious quran suppose to be kill. As we muslim will never insult jesus, because he is a prophet also we will never throw away bible as we know is the book of jesus. To be free from any problem while leaving in muslim state, do not do blasphemy or throw away quran so that u can leave in peace and harmony.
is that what Prophet Muhammad taught you? I'm curious.

2 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Idaytesj29(m): 6:46pm On May 13, 2022
merit455:

Thanks for sharing this story. I hope blessing stays alive to fulfill her dreams.

Northern Islam

1 Like

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by doggedfighter(f): 6:47pm On May 13, 2022
[quote author=Pootle post=112801116][/quote]

Rugged ones grin

And they saved the day. grin
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Toktee(m): 6:47pm On May 13, 2022
Elibaba1:

Na why I dey Bleep this Hausa girls anyhow.
grin grin

Na so i disvergin one like that... the family almost killed me the babe was like if them try anything she go kill herself.

Na so the matter died natural death.

6 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by nesgeeek(m): 6:47pm On May 13, 2022
Thanks for the information Op. I'm a fresh graduate preparing for my Nysc batch B. with the information I just received, if Nysc board post me to any northerner state I will haistly redeploy to Southwest.

9 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Okhuadams(m): 6:48pm On May 13, 2022
GGGPassword:

They are all Muslims with fanatics belief. We the Christians will come for them. Nobody has monopoly to violence.

They are all fools claiming to fight for their own alah who's so daft to know how to fight for himself.
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Okhuadams(m): 6:48pm On May 13, 2022
GGGPassword:

They are all Muslims with fanatics belief. We the Christians will come for them. Nobody has monopoly to violence.

They are all fools claiming to fight for their own alah who's so daft to know how to fight for himself.
take it easy those cows no get Joy
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Sheiszainab(f): 6:49pm On May 13, 2022
doggedfighter:

Zainab, shut up your mouth !

Imagine advertising your stupid religion that just wasted a young woman like you as the best.

You should hide your face in shame. undecided undecided

Nonsense !
.you people take freedom of speech for granted ,you mis interpret it just like the way the Islamic extremists mis interpret the Quran.Even if argue with you till tomorrow ,it won't change your mindset .but please make research by yourself and not believe what people post online to support their view against another person's view

2 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by JmyNigaa: 6:49pm On May 13, 2022
BianoJay:

POTISKUM....hmmm that town is a very calm but extremely volatile place.

Imagine almajiris stoning my mum because she was walking with a man, and the said man happens to be my dad....

OhMyGod!!!

1 Like

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by cejaypriesty(m): 6:49pm On May 13, 2022
MrBachelor:
Something similar almost happened to a corper in a certain northerner state where I served. He urinated in a gutter close to a mosque, and they accused him of desecrating their holy ground. He was quickly descended upon and beaten by a mob. Knives were already drawn. Luckily he escaped them, jumped into a friend's waiting car and that one sped off.

Those marrafuckers pursued on bikes, wielding sticks, knives, and machetes. Already, those corpers don put call, so men don already prepare dey wait. We left the gate open, and as soon as they drove into the compound we opened fire on the marauders. They had no idea we had guns - very good guns by the way. grin

No ask me why(or how) corpers go get guns. But we had them, and very willing to use them. cool
Hahaha this movie sweet my belle grin grin
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Nobody: 6:49pm On May 13, 2022
Kestolove:
interesting story

Keep moving
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by omobolarinwa1(m): 6:49pm On May 13, 2022
Toktee:
Can you also be kind enough to tell me who the instructions was given to and why?

And how many Muslims have been murdered in Nigeria for insulting Jesus and even tearing the Bible?

You are even a Yoruba izhara fool

Do not manipulate my words..Answered me if the bible verse is real.or not..cuz most of you people think it only quran offensive direct given not knowing enough and lot similar in bible...

If you want to know who the verse reffered too go ask google..cuz you never find out why some of quran verses were reveal...you people always assuming and attack anyone been muslim and yes im a yoruba man with values not your yam legs and big four head idi ara
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by OriOko88(m): 6:50pm On May 13, 2022
Northern Nigeria muslims are the most barbaric Muslims on this planet.. More fanatical than the dreaded Muslims of Kashmir,Islamabad,Istanbul,Iraq,Somalia,Pakistan and aghanistan. What affect them most is their level of exposure..they're one of the most crude,uneducated and backward people on earth. They re d definition of Zombie. I curse Lugard for joining the north and south together cos hausas generally do not suppose to be in Nigeria. Niger or Mali is their origin.. How they find their way to Nigeris is still a mystery to me. sad

13 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by 2ScrewsLoose: 6:50pm On May 13, 2022
MrBachelor:

Ma Niccur
Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by Iamyemmie: 6:50pm On May 13, 2022
As I have finished my nysc in kaduna
Nothing can make me step north again

4 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder Reminds Me Of My Service Year In Yobe by doggedfighter(f): 6:50pm On May 13, 2022
Ormbaloosu:
Interesting story. However, you failed to point out that the Muslims cautioned her over indecent dressing before planning an attack. That's their normal style. They caution you first and when you pay deaf ears. They attack you. Blessing must have ignored all warnings about decent dressing. These warnings are dished out right from camp.

You lack sense and you need help .

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Female Corper Slays In Her NYSC Khaki Skirt (Photos) / Corpers In Suit: Checkout This NYSC Outfit (Photo) / How Much Did You Make During Your Nysc Service Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.