Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,743 members, 7,844,441 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG (20373 Views)

Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles / Qatar Says Europe Cannot Replace Russian Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by sunboy(m): 1:09pm On May 14, 2022
ObamaMessi:
U'll not see Teaser4 shogsman baralatie Appleyard sunboy seunny4lif chronique tonididdy on this post.

Let’s set the record straight, first of all this is a good news to me cos it will bring more jobs and will positively affect the industry (transportation) that I work in, so I love this kind of news. Any news that will bring more money to the country that I live and make life better I’ll always welcome it. I know this will shock you.

Yes I am pro west, but my geo-political view and comments has always been neutral. Again, do I love the news ? Hell yeah, any money that will bring money to my second home is a good news.

That being said, there’s NO-WAY
on earth that US will supply a cheaper gas to Bulgaria, THERE IS A CATCH here. Soon we will know what the catch is. And that’s the reason that I ignore this topic. I love the news but the catch or reason for the gas subsidy here i don’t know. But I’d mad to hear that this administration is using my tax money to finance a subsidy to Bulgaria. Gas price in the US still needs subsidy.

Also for some weird reasons, that news was posted two days ago on that website the OP attached but no other news have published any news about that topic, not even Reuters, APnews or an American based news outlets.

2 Likes

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by ObamaMessi: 1:16pm On May 14, 2022
[quote author=sunboy post=112822932]

Let’s set the record straight, first of all this is a good news to me cos it will bring more jobs and will positively affect the industry (transportation) that I work in, so I love this kind of news. Any news that will bring more money to the country that I live and make life better I’ll always welcome it. I know this will shock you.

Yes I am pro west, but my geo-political view and comments has always been neutral. Again, do I love the news ? Hell yeah, any money that will bring money to my second home is a good news.

That being said, there’s [b] NO-WAY
on earth that US will supply a cheaper gas to Bulgaria, THERE IS A CATCH here. Soon we will know what the catch it. And that’s the reason that I ignore this topic. I love the news but the catch or reason for the gas subsidy here i don’t know.

sunboy,where do you base?
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by chronique(m): 3:01pm On May 14, 2022
ObamaMessi:
U'll not see Teaser4 shogsman baralatie Appleyard runboy seunny4lif chronique tonididdy on this post.

You want me to comment on what exactly? A thread opened for illiterates to masturbate on? There's no where in this article that states that it is cheaper. The Bulgarian representative clearly stated that he does not have the details and went ahead to state that it "might" be cheaper. Since when did "might"(probability) become "is"(certainty)? Abeg, learn to read and understand properly before quoting me for a discussion. I don't want to lose brain cells trying to educate you over basic issues like this.

7 Likes

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by southsouthking(m): 4:38pm On May 14, 2022
Stop the war.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by NaijaCars4sale: 4:41pm On May 14, 2022
How will this solve the massive shortage that will be experienced in Europe
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Qadaffi2idiamin: 4:43pm On May 14, 2022
And somebody ran to give fake analysis in page 1.

You think shipping gas from America to Europe and lifting it from docking point to transfer and supply point cost less?

Na wah oo... Seems CNN and their likes have succeeded in brain washing some fine minds.

3 Likes

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by sangresan(m): 4:45pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam:

https://www.euractiv.com/section/energy-environment/news/bulgaria-to-replace-russian-gas-supply-with-cheaper-us-lng/

Wishful thinking. There is a difference between dream and reality. You'll soon know.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by nedekid: 4:45pm On May 14, 2022
AllKnowing:
Okay okay igbofam! I have never bothered to comment on your many posts about Russia/ Ukraine/ US.

Wait, you’re a Nigerian like me yeah? What’s our gain if these nations kill themselves? But check out the image below and see why this new agreement may be a pipe dream. If it goes through, Bulgarians will bear the brunt of expensive logistics.

Or will the US subsidize gas for them
Seconded.
How will LNG shipped over thousands of miles ever be cheaper than piped gas? Someone is paying the subsidy jare.

5 Likes

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Ellasure: 4:47pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:
I love and would always support the United States.

But I must say here that Putin fell for their Trap.

The United States have been planning to divert the European countries from Russian gas to American gas for a long time without success.

But since Putin's invasion of Ukraine, their plan is seeing the light of day.

Nord Stream 2 is dead and buried
. Even Nord Stream 1 is on life support and may die a natural death if Germany and other EU countries can source for gas supply from other places.

Putin never saw this coming....

He was banking on division in the reaction among NATO and Western countries in response to his invasion.

If Donald Trump was President, that would be possible but not with Joe Biden as President.

Joe Biden is known as a Unifier. He is known for bringing different parties with different opinion to the table and coming up with a compromise plan of action.

Putin underestimated the European Union

Putin underestimated the old man in the oval office.

Putin's Russia fell for the trap that America has set for the Russian economy for a long time.

We are likely heading for a prolonged battle in Ukraine and with news like this, then the Russian economy would be severely dehydrated.... cheesy

Slava Ukraini....... Glory to the heroes.

Load rubbish dream.
What a dream Biden lover!!! I have not noticed anybody loving Biden recently, even newly born babies don't have baby feeds in his time,. Abortion lines are longer than a winding road.

Your love needs to be calibrated? Fake and promoted need line

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by sangresan(m): 4:47pm On May 14, 2022
nedekid:

Seconded.
How will LNG shipped over thousands of miles ever be cheaper than piped gas? Someone is paying the subsidy jare.

Leave this mumu make e dey deceive himself. This is part of the so-called aid and assistance promised by Biden. Ukraine will pay in billions of dollars with their assets now and in the nearest future.

2 Likes

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Gboy5050: 4:47pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam:

Read the OP very well. All arrangements have already been made.

I am sure you are not more knowledgeable than those who put this deal together between USA and Bulgaria.

All the minute details logistically has been taken care of so stop worrying on their behalf.

They will get US LNG for cheaper than Russian Gas

Thanchu
That can't go a long way because the distance from US to Bulgaria is far
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by VeryWickedMan: 4:47pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam has been destroyed on his own thread grin cheesy
We still have intelligent Nigerians on Nairaland o. All those guys on FP are MVPs!!

Igbofam find another news by midnight. Romania to abandon Russian oloshos for cheaper US oloshos

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Olafisoyem: 4:47pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

The United States have been planning to divert the European countries from Russian gas to American gas for a long time without success.

. Even Nord Stream 1 is on life support and may die a natural death if Germany and other EU countries can source for gas supply from other places.

He was banking on division in the reaction among NATO and Western countries in response to his invasion.

If Donald Trump was President, that would be possible but not with Joe Biden as President.

Joe Biden is known as a Unifier. He is known for bringing different parties with different opinion to the table and coming up with a compromise plan of action.

Putin's Russia fell for the trap that America has set for the Russian economy for a long time.

We are likely heading for a prolonged battle in Ukraine and with news like this, then the Russian economy would be severely dehydrated.... cheesy

Heroyam Slava
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Lightorder: 4:49pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam:

I am sure you are not more knowledgeable than those who put this deal together between USA and Bulgaria.

All the minute details logistically has been taken care of so stop worrying on their behalf.

Thanchu
how would he read a simple passage where he was rushing to hear that every soul in Ukrain is dead.

2 Likes

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by nsiba: 4:50pm On May 14, 2022
AllKnowing:
Okay okay igbofam! I have never bothered to comment on your many posts about Russia/ Ukraine/ US.

Wait, you’re a Nigerian like me yeah? What’s our gain if these nations kill themselves? But check out the image below and see why this new agreement may be a pipe dream. If it goes through, Bulgarians will bear the brunt of expensive logistics.

Better to have an expensive landlord than a cheap bastard landlord who wants to know what is in your pot

4 Likes

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Olafisoyem: 4:52pm On May 14, 2022
AllKnowing:

That’s none sense. Where do we export our oil to?
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Lightorder: 4:53pm On May 14, 2022
tamdun:

Did you even consider the distance between US and Bulgaria? US gas can never be cheaper that Russia gas and incase u don't know, protest is going on in Bulgaria,some Europeans are getting tired already
but finally, it is miraculously cheaper
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by wink2015(m): 4:53pm On May 14, 2022
BULGARIA SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL

YOU DO NOT KNOW TOMORROW.

Russia will punish them in future.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by bigpicture001: 4:55pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

See, Russia will survive all these pull outs from thier gas and oil supplies... But at a very very big cost......... Be a slave to China!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by kaymart: 4:56pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

Which plan?
At the detriment of lives and properties in Ukraine.
What u r simply saying is that they scarificed Ukraine to see deal with Russia
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by lexy2014: 4:56pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam:

Thanchu

You missed this part of Allknowing's question:

Wait, you’re a Nigerian like me yeah? What’s our gain if these nations kill themselves?
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by frog12: 4:57pm On May 14, 2022
the US has always wanted the europe market at all cost. they say all bad stuff about Russia gas. let's see how long they can last on US GAS grin grin grin
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Burgerlomo: 4:58pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam:
Russia has lost Bulgaria grin

More to follow because a lot of countries are going to look for an alternative somewhere
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Qadaffi2idiamin: 4:58pm On May 14, 2022
AllKnowing:

One wonders how people believe these folk tales from pro western media.

It's s shame people lost reasoning abilities because of where their support lies.

US is facing severe energy crisis and they're saying they want to subsidize gas to Europe?

Who pays the shipping cost? The technical job that comes with handling gas on transit.

Na wah oo. UARians sef

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by KillerCrocodile: 5:00pm On May 14, 2022
Ellasure:

Load rubbish dream.
What a dream Biden lover!!! I have not noticed anybody loving Biden recently, even newly born babies don't have baby feeds in his time,. Abortion lines are longer than a winding road.

Your love needs to be calibrated? Fake and promoted need line

You should be ashamed of yourself.

Since you cannot reply my comment without aspersions, I will pay you in your own coin...

Biden is now the cause of your frustration...

Your frustrated, stupid Life...

Abeg carry your frustrations out of my mention...

Rubbish..... Idiot.

Thunder fire you.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by KillerCrocodile: 5:05pm On May 14, 2022
bigpicture001:

See, Russia will survive all these pull outs from thier gas and oil supplies... But at a very very big cost......... Be a slave to China!

Very correct.....

Their Servitude to China is loading.

I don't believe that is what Putin had in mind when he signed a partnership without limits with China..

But with current events, Russia' s dependency on China is inevitable..
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by frog12: 5:06pm On May 14, 2022
don't you think europe also fell for america's trap. if europe know this, why they allow am
if you can answer that, you are a MASTER !

KillerCrocodile:

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by alabo1: 5:07pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

You dont get it. Russian Gas can NEVER BE REPLACED ENTIRELY. THE TWO LARGEST CONSUMER IN EUROPE ARE GERMANY AND POLAND. THE VOLUME THEY consume IS MORE THAN THE US AND ALTERNATE SOURCES CAN SUPPLY THROUGH LNG. THE CAPACITY IS NOT THERE NOW AND WONT BE FOR EVEN 3 DECADES. PLEASE COUNTER ME SO I EDUCATE FURTHER AS NEEDED.

PEACE

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Kaiser20: 5:09pm On May 14, 2022
PUTIN DON BUY MARKET FROM all Nigerians who returned from Ukraine to Nigeria, their life support have been interrupted by the war . They have invaded the war with bitter comments. I sincerely sympathize with them .

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Elporo(m): 5:11pm On May 14, 2022
ocelot2006:

....yet the US LNG is cheaper?? How??

Russian energy giant Gazprom suspended gas exports to Bulgaria and Poland in late April after they refused to make payments in rubles.

https://www.rt.com/business/555472-gas-prices-bulgaria-surge-russia/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey / Kentucky Tornado: Two Babies Pulled ALIVE From Rubble( Pics, Video) / Italian Prime Minister, Conte, Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.