Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,730 members, 7,844,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG (20369 Views)

Russia To Cut Off Gas Supply To Poland & Bulgaria Over Refusal To Pay In Rubles / Putin Vows To Cut Gas Supply Tomorrow Unless Europe Pays In Roubles / Qatar Says Europe Cannot Replace Russian Gas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by ISabiDisturb: 9:04pm On May 14, 2022
[quote author=Demolakay post=112837214][/quote]

I think we are done. You are clearly not making any sense and just conjecturing all over the place
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Demolakay: 9:10pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

What is stopping Russia from forming Alliance with Cuba, Mexico and other Central American states ?

If they feel the US is coming too close to their
home, they should also form an alliance that would come close to the US.

Have you heard of the Cuban Nuclear Crisis ?

If Russia feel so threatened, let them build their own Alliance.

This World would forever be East versus West.

Currently the East is crying Wolf because the West is winning the Territorial battle.

If the East is winning more Territories and gaining more relevance, they would not be complaining.

Speaking of NATO expansion

Yes NATO has expanded east in recent times but you must remember that from 1997 - 2004, they never deployed any military troops to the Baltic states.

It was after Putin seized Crimea in 2014, that NATO moved troops to the Baltic states because the land grabbing nature of the Russian federation is now displaying it's true colors.

Putin's Russia is not afraid of military invasion from NATO because that would lead to the horrors of a global war, which must be avoided according to Putin during his victory day speech.

NATO does not even have the appetite to Invade Russia because they are also aware that there are no winners in a nuclear War.

What Putin's Russia is afraid of is the invasion
of "Democratic idealogy and values" that the West preach.

Putin has different ideas on how the Russian federation should function.
D west has no "Democratic ideas ND values".Dey only export immorality,Gay right, Homosexuality ND d rest.Not all countries wants democracy.China is nt practicing democracy,ND it is d second largest economy in d world.Paul kagame has been president of Rwanda for 20years ND counting,ND d country is moving forward.Russia has one of d biggest economy ND also a developed society, without democracy.We saw wat deir democracy did to Libya.Not all countries are in tune wit d democracy stuff.Let all countries practice wat suits Dem,d west should nt impose it's democracy on everybody.Vladimir Putin is right to fight to preserve Russia's culture ND values.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by mainkendo: 9:20pm On May 14, 2022
ISabiDisturb:

There is no real price. Bulgaria is now linked to Greece via an LNG terminal which is just 800km away.

Russian gas is over 4000km away

800km supply should be cheaper than a 4000km supply.

Right or wrong?
Time will make you understand. Anything US can never be cheap.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Demolakay: 9:26pm On May 14, 2022
ISabiDisturb:

If the media did not exist how would you have access to important news information?

Do you just cook up stories just to feel good about yourself?

If I am quoting the media as my authority and you are not and you find that offensive then that simply means you have no source or authority for anything you say and just imagine it all.

I do not care about Iran and I don't think you should too. Focus on Russia because as at today Russian sanctions are 1000 times worse than that of Iran.

Iran may manage to find a way through but Russia would find it almost impossible because the clampdown has been unprecedented.

Every cargo vessel leaving or close to Russia is being seriously monitored. Even if the ship turns off her transponder her call sign is still known and sooner than later they will either communicate or turn their transponder back on.

Right now vessel movements from Russia are down to one tenth of what it used to be and they are largely very small vessels.
u lied again! Iran was d most sanctioned country in d world bfor Russia took ova dat position.Russia cargo just birth in Syria ystaday.Transactions ND economic activity might nt b d same,bt dey move on! ND even d world is feeling d heat.u head d WTO ND Germany's Alissa boerboek sayíng Russia should b held d culprit for rising inflation,low supply of grains,rising starvation ND hunger in developing countries.U tink only Russia will feel d heat? as at tday, Russia has block d route wit which Ukraine export grain to d world.Ukraine ND Russia are d highest producer of wheat.Emmanuel Macron told president Putin recently dat he can help talk to world leaders concerning hw sanctions on transaction on food can b lifted.why? because it's affecting everybody.Wat u don't knw is dat, Russia assume a position of strategic importance in d world! ND u talk as if it's d whole world sanctioning Russia.Aside Japan ND south Korea,how many Asian countries has sanctioned Russia?how many African nations has sanctioned Russia? infact as of now, Russia is currently building military bases in 7African countries.How many north or south America countries are sanctioning Russia? Bro d tin go reach everybody soon,nt only Russia.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Messijoseph56: 9:27pm On May 14, 2022
Switzerland Releases Some Frozen Russian Funds

Swiss officials have confirmed they have released around $6.33BN in sanctioned Russian assets, explaining “we can’t freeze funds if we don’t have sufficient grounds.”

President Ignazio Cassis demanded Sec State Anthony Blinked directly correct the misleading impression from govt-backed commission accusations that Switzerland had become a “leading enabler of Russian dictator Vladimir Putin."

Swiss banks reportedly hold around $213 billion in Russian wealth, but laws dictate they must release funds if the specific origin of the funds cannot be categorically ascertained.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by frog12: 9:29pm On May 14, 2022
your point? i just mention the enemies of russia. number 1: usa, uk, eastern europe

ISabiDisturb:

UK is in Northern Europe and not Eastern.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by ISabiDisturb: 9:34pm On May 14, 2022
Demolakay:

u lied again! Iran was d most sanctioned countries in d world bfor Russia took ova dat position.Russia cargo just birth in Syria ystaday.Transactions ND economic activity might nt b d same,bt dey move on! ND even d world is feeling d heat.u heard d WTO ND Germany's Alissa boerboek sayíng Russia should b held d culprit for rising inflation,low supply of grains,rising starvation ND hunger in developing countries.U tink only Russia will feel d heat? as at tday, Russia has block d route wit which Ukraine export grain to d world.Ukraine ND Russia are d highest producer of wheat.Emmanuel Macron told president Putin recently dat he can help talk to world leaders concerning hw sanctions on transaction on food can b lifted.why? because it's affecting everybody.Wat u don't knw is dat, Russia assume a position of strategic importance in d world! ND u talk as if it's d whole world sanctioning Russia.Aside Japan ND south Korea,how many Asian countries has sanctioned Russia?how many African nations has sanctioned Russia? infact as of now, Russia is currently building military bases in 7African countries.How many north or south America countries are sanctioning Russia? Bro d tin go reach everybody soon,nt only Russia.

How can you say I lied when I just literally told you that Russian sanctions are 1000 times worse than those of Iran.

Do you even understand what you read before you respond? Read my post again and slowly digest the content.

Don't read to reply but read to understand.

A Russian vessel with stolen Ukrainian grain was turned away from at least one Mediterranean port before it then switched off her transponder and headed to Syria.

That was the only port that accepted it. No other port was willing to accept it.

Use the above and replace it with Russian Oil and then you would have a better understanding.

You can now stop quoting me.

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by frog12: 9:40pm On May 14, 2022
CNN is the mother of all fake news grin grin

ISabiDisturb:

How can you say I lied when I just literally told you that Russian sanctions are 1000 times worse than those of Iran.

Do you even understand what you read before you respond? Read my post again and slowly digest the content.

A Russian vessel with stolen Ukrainian grain was turned away from at least one Mediterranean port before it then switched off her transponder and headed to Syria.

That was the only port that accepted it. No other port was willing to accept it.

Use the above and replace it with Russian Oil and then you would have a better understanding.

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Demolakay: 9:44pm On May 14, 2022
ISabiDisturb:

pls check wat u sent ND read ND digest,d headline says" Russia ship turned back from d Mediterranean,but nt all of Dem" dat is d ship wit d stolen grain was stopped,but d rest proceeded.isnt it? pls go read dat again.nd dat was because d ship had stolen Ukrainian grain.Russian ships can birth anywhere,except in countries dey av been sanctioned.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by KillerCrocodile: 9:45pm On May 14, 2022
Demolakay:

D west has no "Democratic ideas ND values".Dey only export immorality,Gay right, Homosexuality ND d rest.Not all countries wants democracy.China is nt practicing democracy,ND it is d second largest economy in d world.Paul kagame has been president of Rwanda for 20years ND counting,ND d country is moving forward.Russia has one of d biggest economy ND also a developed society, without democracy.We saw wat deir democracy did to Libya.Not all countries are in tune wit d democracy stuff.Let all countries practice wat suits Dem,d west should nt impose it's democracy on everybody.Vladimir Putin is right to fight to preserve Russia's culture ND values.

I totally agree with you about the satanic and barbaric exports of the West to the world.

And it is so amazing to see people that don't even believe in those practices embrace Western style of government. Probably because of the freedom of speech and other "RIGHTS" that the West offer.

Having said that, I believe that every country should be governed according to the desire of the majority of the populace and not by a group of people that claim to speak for the people.

I don't believe in foreign interference. (The West is very much guilty of this).

I applaud China for their Non-interference stance.

The people of every nation should choose their own Leaders and system of government.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Demolakay: 9:45pm On May 14, 2022
ISabiDisturb:

I think we are done. You are clearly not making any sense and just conjecturing all over the place
kpele! instead of u admitting am hitting d nail on d head,ND ur nw devoid of replies,ur perambulating.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Demolakay: 9:47pm On May 14, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

I totally agree with you about the satanic and barbaric exports of the West to the world.

And it is so amazing to see people that don't even believe in those practices embrace Western style of government. Probably because of the freedom of speech and other "RIGHTS" that the West offer.

Having said that, I believe that every country should be governed according to the desire of the majority of the populace and not by a group of people that claim to speak for the people.

I don't believe in foreign interference. (The West is very much guilty of this).

I applaud China for their Non-interference stance.

The people of every nation should choose their own Leaders and system of government.
Totally incline wit u broda.peace!
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by sulaak(m): 9:52pm On May 14, 2022
ISabiDisturb:

If you followed the conversation by the OP you would have seen where he posted why the gas would be cheaper for Bulgaria and that is because they have a terminal they just linked to Greece.

Greece is barely 800km from Bulgaria while Russia is over 4000km from Bulgaria so do the math and tell me why Bulgaria would not be getting LNG supplied to them for cheaper?

The LNG gas will be extracted in the USA and then undergo a costly process of liquefaction in the USA, then shipped to Greece to be regasification into gas and then piped to Bulgaria.

You think that is cheaper than gas piped directly from Russia directly into Bulgaria

But all these efforts are accompanied by a serious doubt that the push for LNG cannot be sustained long-term and will die out organically given the competitiveness of Russian gas. Whether piped via NS2 or other routes, Russian gas can be priced more cheaply than LNG, which, in addition to the domestic price of gas, includes the cost of liquefaction, ocean transportation, and regasification.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/thebakersinstitute/2017/08/24/lng-versus-russian-gas-in-central-and-eastern-europe-playing-poker-on-a-continental-scale/
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by MarketDispatch: 10:26pm On May 14, 2022
Igbofam:

Read the OP very well. All arrangements have already been made.

I am sure you are not more knowledgeable than those who put this deal together between USA and Bulgaria.

All the minute details logistically has been taken care of so stop worrying on their behalf.

They will get US LNG for cheaper than Russian Gas

Thanchu

I thought the US LNG comes more from Nigeria via NLNG cargoes.... I may be wrong though
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by greymiles: 11:42pm On May 14, 2022
tamdun:

Did you even consider the distance between US and Bulgaria? US gas can never be cheaper that Russia gas and incase u don't know, protest is going on in Bulgaria,some Europeans are getting tired already
It may be cheaper on paper but a lot will have been sacrificed backdoor. Access to their natural resources and every vital stuff in that country would have been sold in exchange for that cheap price
I don’t know why most of this nairaland folks think USA is a charity country

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by goodheart01: 1:38am On May 15, 2022
baralatie:

When you are through with your misinformation you can come back to reality

Stop sounding foolish. Did the OP manufacture the news?? The OP is right. In the near future many EU countries will abandon Gazprom. The earlier u Putin dogs know this the better for your damned wannabe Russian souls.

Igbofam keep giving dem putineers gbas gbos
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by goodheart01: 1:41am On May 15, 2022
baralatie:

The current gas that Bulgaria is using is from where?
Again u sounding stupid. The source of their current gas isn’t necessary. That’s why they are hell bent on changing the source. Pls u guys should use your heads and stop arguing like dunces
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by optimusprime2(m): 7:12am On May 15, 2022
AllKnowing:
Okay okay igbofam! I have never bothered to comment on your many posts about Russia/ Ukraine/ US.

Wait, you’re a Nigerian like me yeah? What’s our gain if these nations kill themselves? But check out the image below and see why this new agreement may be a pipe dream. If it goes through, Bulgarians will bear the brunt of expensive logistics.

Or will the US subsidize gas for them

Thank you Sir!
You hit the nail on the head!
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by HellVictorinho4(m): 7:38am On May 15, 2022
[quote author=Demolakay post=112837214][/quote]

I need your help seriously.
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by texazzpete(m): 8:03am On May 15, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
Shut up, you are the brainless one, Oyibo mentality 21st century slave.

What pursued them from Afghanistan, after spending $879 billion?

Funny you mention Afghanistan

Death toll of coalition forces in Afghanistan - less than 3600. In 21 years!

Contrast that to the 20000+ Russians that have been killed in Ukraine in less than three months!

Russian puppet. Shameless sycophant. Gullible fellow

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Nobody: 8:35am On May 15, 2022
ISabiDisturb:

And by the way No European country is opening accounts in Rubles....it's European Companies that are doing so. About 18 to 21 companies have done so and not countries.

I would like to believe that a company is not a country wouldn't you agree?

However, permit me to ask you the followings; when the United States green lights a defense deal with an allied country, is it the US that goes about opening accounts to handle the transactions or the companies involved? So you do not know that it is the companies say Raytheon or Boeing and not the countries that handles the deal and financial transactions, the relevant ministries of a country simply green lights it? When Germany signs a power deal with a country say Nigeria, is it Germany that handles financial dealings and opens relevant accounts or the company (Siemens)? When Russia signs an energy deal with a nation, is it Russia that opens relevant accounts or Gazprom as a company?( As you know, gazprom previously opened these accounts in eurobanks). So you don’t know that when NNPC limited sells crude, it is their duty to open the relevant accounts and handle the transactions from beginning to end and not Nigeria? NNPC simply remits to federation accounts after it has concluded sales! My dear, the countries don’t go about opening accounts, it is the companies involved in that sector that does that. So the companies that opened ruble accounts with gazprombank are representatives of their respective countries. For any defense deal Boeing signs with another country, it does so on behalf of the US government. So any PR trying to alienate the companies from the countries is lame. The companies were the ones buying and reselling the gas in their respective nations before not the countries, they were the ones paying in eurobanks before not the countries, they were the ones that still has to open the ruble accounts, not the country perse, but it is all done on behalf of the countries!
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by baralatie(m): 8:54am On May 15, 2022
goodheart01:

[s] Aqgain u sounding stupid. The source of their current gas isn’t necessary. That’s why they are hell bent on changing the source. Pls u guys should use your heads and stop arguing like dunces[/s]
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by baralatie(m): 8:55am On May 15, 2022
goodheart01:

[s]Stop sounding foolish. Did the OP manufacture the news?? The OP is right. In the near future many EU countries will abandon Gazprom. The earlier u Putin dogs know this the better for your damned wannabe Russian souls.

Igbofam keep giving dem putineers gbas gbos[/s]
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Igbofam: 8:57am On May 15, 2022
goodheart01:

Stop sounding foolish. Did the OP manufacture the news?? The OP is right. In the near future many EU countries will abandon Gazprom. The earlier u Putin dogs know this the better for your damned wannabe Russian souls.

Igbofam keep giving dem putineers gbas gbos

I dey here for them bro. They will keep having epileptic fits while we keep giving them the news they hate to hear grin

1 Like

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by 1877mind: 9:18am On May 15, 2022
[s]
Buckeyemedia1:
Shut up, you are the brainless one, Oyibo mentality 21st century slave.

What pursued them from Afghanistan, after spending $879 billion?
[/s]
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Svlla: 9:32am On May 15, 2022
railone:

quick question: why are you crying more than Bulgaria that wants to get gas from different other sources.

So in all of Bulgarian government agencies, there's no intelligent being that can analyze all you said above? or you're the only one that knows it.

They know it, they are cool with it. They have moved forward with it. Coming here to form analyst doesn't take away the fact that Bulgaria is getting gas supplies from other sources and they are okay with it

Maybe there's no intelligent person in Bulgaria government agencies. Or is there no intelligent person in Nigeria government agencies despite all her political and economic blunders

It's possible I know more than they do so Yes. Who told you a white man is more intelligent than you simply because he's white or European? Some of us black people still need another independence from mental slave and neocolonialism
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Basher8583: 9:45am On May 15, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

And this your comment makes you look like what ?

A Useless Buffoon that cannot reply sensibly without casting Aspersions.

Abeg Shift.

No time for Foolish people that are cursed from their village.

And for your information, I am not in Naija.

Just one picture below will answer you succinctly

Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Demolakay: 10:10am On May 15, 2022
HellVictorinho4:

I need your help seriously.
wats dis? wat do dis mean?
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Solatium(m): 10:45am On May 15, 2022
Igbofam:

Oga you actually think you know anything about anything grin

US LNG is cheaper for them and they are shoring up through Azerbaijan as well so stop burning up the very few brain cells you have left if at all you have any left.

Russian bots have been know to be very dumb so let me not task your brain too much.

For Bulgarian energy ministry to negotiate cheaper LNG from US and come out to say it is cheaper than Russian gas then best believe it is cheaper.

I know you want so badly for it to be propaganda (which is a Word you you Russian bots use when you want to make yourselves feel good) grin but it's sadly not for you.

Again, Russia has lost Bulgaria and you can choke on it cheesy

How about the long term supplies? is it still going to come cheaper? have you looked at future conflicts between nation's which might stall or slow future delivery? what is the Gas reserve of US and Azerbaijan respectively to guarantee long term supplies? will the price become cheaper in about 5yrs time when compare to Russian gas? What inconvenience/limitations will arise in terms of storage? which delivery is cheaper Pipeline or Shipping?
Some of you know nada. grin
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Igbofam: 10:56am On May 15, 2022
Solatium:

How about the long term supplies? is it still going to come cheaper? have you looked at future conflicts between nation's which might stall or slow future delivery? what is the Gas reserve of US and Azerbaijan respectively to guarantee long term supplies? will the price become cheaper in about 5yrs time when compare to Russian gas? What inconvenience/limitations will arise in terms of storage? which delivery is cheaper Pipeline or Shipping?
Some of you know nada. grin

Take your time and go through the thread in order to help your ignorance.

A bunch of people already gave a very thorough explanation on the thread.

Bulgaria will not be going back to Russia. Their paths have been well defined
Re: Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG by Solatium(m): 11:04am On May 15, 2022
Igbofam:

Take your time and go through the thread in order to help your ignorance.

A bunch of people already gave a very thorough explanation on the thread.

Bulgaria will not be going back to Russia. Their paths have been well defined

Everyone knows you are just ranting without a coherent or an empirical evidence.
Guy's like you can't reasons or marshall point intelligently.
I am not surprised by your rhetorical statement. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

U.K Government To Regulate Facebook, Google Next Year / Niger Coup: France, Italy Begin Evacuation Of Citizens From Niamey / Kentucky Tornado: Two Babies Pulled ALIVE From Rubble( Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.