Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:07 PM

How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? (17958 Views)

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / How To Avoid Buying A Foreign But Stolen Car In Nigeria / Car Tracking Story: How I Recovered My Stolen Vehicle... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Nobody: 8:37am On May 17, 2022
I will expand on what FTC said. Get a court affidavit for the sales details when going to the police, with that you will be able to obtain a Police Extract from the Nigerian Police. It costs somewhere around 2k to 4k depending on the police station, division or command. Armed with the above before and after purchase, you are no longer liable for any fallout arising from the purchase of the said vehicle because the police already attested to the originality of the transaction by issuing an Extract on file. If he won't go to the police with you then RUN!
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Ladymillion(f): 8:40am On May 17, 2022
Do due diligence by contacting the company without informing your friend
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Ijaya123: 8:44am On May 17, 2022
kerry57:
Just go and buy a new car direct from the makers store or stand and collect ur receipt. Do not go for used cars whether naija or foreign used. I know u can do it believe me.
Naija police can deny u, them go say them no know u again o.

Are you for real?
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by miko1988(m): 8:53am On May 17, 2022
Youngaboy:
My friend want to sell a car, he has been using this car for long, but the issue is that, the car papers bears a company's name, the company he was working with.
Asking him, he said his boss bought the car for him from the company, and he want to sell the car now, so I don't know what and what to check, I don't want to buy a stolen car that'll put me in trouble later.
Please if you know anything I can do to verify this, please do let me know.
It's urgent before someone else buy the car.

Mod front page please.
just contact the owner tru d paper for confirmation
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Nobody: 9:06am On May 17, 2022
Must you own a car?Do you even have a house in the village?
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Nobody: 9:07am On May 17, 2022
Hezzyluv:

If you agreed with him on the price, then both of you should go to police station close to you and seal the deal. By so doing, you save meyourself from trouble in the future. That's if it's a stolen car.
If the car happens to be a stolen one and the owner recovers it,how will he get his money back?
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by uniquetechng: 9:10am On May 17, 2022
illuminutty:

Tell me more about this. My present car was bought in Cotonou and it is due for change. I lost the contact that led me to Cotonou and facilitated the deal including clearing and delivery to Lagos.
I can give you lead whenever you are ready
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Nobody: 9:11am On May 17, 2022
austine4real:
No idea

I'm selling POS machines for N15K promo price

810514316i
Scam
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Nobody: 9:12am On May 17, 2022
Kajaard:

I wonder why we keep asking questions that even nursery kids can answer.

Since you know the name of the company he used to work for, why don't you just go there and enquire from the HR or Admin department if really the car was stolen or has been passed on to the guy legally?

I just tire for some kind of questions sha.
He may not be aware of your suggestion
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by illuminutty: 9:29am On May 17, 2022
uniquetechng:
I can give you lead whenever you are ready

Ready like yesterday.

PM
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by uniquetechng: 9:32am On May 17, 2022
illuminutty:

Ready like yesterday.

PM
drop your whatsapp number I will chat you up
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by kenoyad: 9:43am On May 17, 2022
sleek214:
Shame
Extremely shameful! I don't think some people got brain other than humor.....
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by kerry57: 9:48am On May 17, 2022
Ijaya123:

Are you for real?
Yes, only with ur faith if u believe. Those that buy them new aren't two headed.
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by saintkeppy(m): 9:48am On May 17, 2022
Go to the nearest High court and swear affidavit that you bought the car from the Mr.seller whose car was formerly owned by a company, get your barrister to stand as a witness during the signing of the car documents/receipts.

Let a ranking Police officer also be aware of the transactions too by getting a written report.

Take pictures/videos during the signing ceremony.
This will vindicate you if any case arises.
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Oyewole1998: 9:54am On May 17, 2022
First do a due diligence. Confirm from the company if the vehicle was actually sold to him in the first place. After confirming then let him do a change of ownership, this will come with a police report. This is when he can transfer ownership to you.
Finally, you can go ahead and buy form him in your name.
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by lifezone247(m): 10:00am On May 17, 2022
illuminutty:

Tell me more about this. My present car was bought in Cotonou and it is due for change. I lost the contact that led me to Cotonou and facilitated the deal including clearing and delivery to Lagos.
08029126176 let’s talk here, calls or WhatsApp.
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Nobody: 10:03am On May 17, 2022
Why did the boss not do transfer of ownership? Did the boss steal the car?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Hezzyluv: 10:47am On May 17, 2022
Revolution2022:
If the car happens to be a stolen one and the owner recovers it,how will he get his money back?

And the person that sold the car to him has died undecided

1 Like

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Hezzyluv: 10:49am On May 17, 2022
President2001:

This is a very good advice but bet it with me Police will tell you the officer that attend to you is not from there station

And the record, evidence and stamped portion of the agreement??
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by debolistic123(m): 10:53am On May 17, 2022
You can know this if the vehicle has Lagos Number Plate you can call me if you want to know if its not a stolen one
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by debolistic123(m): 10:54am On May 17, 2022
Call 08035917786 if you want to know

1 Like

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by aaking(m): 11:15am On May 17, 2022
Youngaboy:
My friend want to sell a car, he has been using this car for long, but the issue is that, the car papers bears a company's name, the company he was working with.
Asking him, he said his boss bought the car for him from the company, and he want to sell the car now, so I don't know what and what to check, I don't want to buy a stolen car that'll put me in trouble later.
Please if you know anything I can do to verify this, please do let me know.
It's urgent before someone else buy the car.

Mod front page please.

You will be the scapegoat when yawa Don gas . Don't go to police station buy visit the Company without him knowing about the visit
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by computerglobal(m): 11:24am On May 17, 2022
Be Cautious and obtain a detailed vehicle history report from computerglobal which can reveal many hidden problems from a vehicle’s past, including flood titles,recalls and more, and also will indicate if a vehicle has been registered in at-risk areas during flood and hurricane seasons.....
Consumers could end up saving a great deal of time and money in repairing damages that were unbeknownst to them with they made the purchase. ..
Tested and Trusted Service..

Contact us on Whats-app now 08060365068 for Instant Vehicle History Report & Custom Duty verification

Call/Sms/Whatsapp (vin/chassis) to +234 - 806 -036 - 5068

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Excuzeme: 12:08pm On May 17, 2022
Fiscus105:

He supposed to have changed it to his name long time before now.

Meanwhile, in addition to other advice above, you can also go to court with him and do affidavity

Best advice so far!
if anything happens in future, it is the Court that will have the final say so, getting the protection of the Court from the onset, puts you in a good place.

BTW, it is spelt Affidavit
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 17, 2022
Hezzyluv:

If you agreed with him on the price, then both of you should go to police station close to you and seal the deal. By so doing, you save meyourself from trouble in the future. That's if it's a stolen car.
Gbam !!! cool You talk Sense cool
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by princelovedaycj(m): 12:50pm On May 17, 2022
Flag the plate number, and get the chassis number of the car at FRSC, thank me later
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by NaijaCars4sale: 1:48pm On May 17, 2022
You can contact the company to verify his claims or go to the nearest police station to seal the deal as someone has also mentioned above.

Pls Note: Police will want you to settle them
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by austine4real(m): 2:24pm On May 17, 2022
Revolution2022:
Scam

My boy everything is not a scam
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by jerisace: 2:35pm On May 17, 2022
Copy the Number plate and give it to a Road Safety Officer to verify it for you. He will get the original owner of the vehicle for you.
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Aaay: 5:22pm On May 17, 2022
Offcourse you know
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by BestTrades: 3:44am On Jun 02, 2022
[color=#000099

To check vin of any car

For Free Vehicle History Report

https://verifyithq.com/free-vehicle-history-report/

For comprehensive vehicle history report

https://verifyithq.com/services/vehicle-history-reports/

[/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Best Selling Cars Of All Time - All Still In Production / Hyundai's Unveils First Mass-Produced Electric Bus "Elec City" / Mercedes-Benz Unveils Self-Driving Car To Be On Sale By 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.