Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,786 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:20 PM

How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? (17915 Views)

Stolen Vehicle: Please My Toyota Camry Was Stolen Yesterday In Lagos / How To Avoid Buying A Foreign But Stolen Car In Nigeria / Car Tracking Story: How I Recovered My Stolen Vehicle... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Youngaboy(m): 10:56am On May 14, 2022
My friend want to sell a car, he has been using this car for long, but the issue is that, the car papers bears a company's name, the company he was working with.
Asking him, he said his boss bought the car for him from the company, and he want to sell the car now, so I don't know what and what to check, I don't want to buy a stolen car that'll put me in trouble later.
Please if you know anything I can do to verify this, please do let me know.
It's urgent before someone else buy the car.

Mod front page please.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Hezzyluv: 11:05am On May 14, 2022
Youngaboy:
My friend want to sell a car, he has been using this car for long, but the issue is that, the car papers bears a company's name, the company he was working with.
Asking him, he said his boss bought the car for him from the company, and he want to sell the car now, so I don't know what and what to check, I don't want to buy a stolen car that'll put me in trouble later.

Mod front page please.

If you agreed with him on the price, then both of you should go to police station close to you and seal the deal. By so doing, you save meyourself from trouble in the future. That's if it's a stolen car.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by laluski(m): 1:02pm On May 14, 2022
Hezzyluv:

If you agreed with him on the price, then both of you should go to police station close to you and seal the deal. By so doing, you save meyourself from trouble in the future. That's if it's a stolen car.

Simple

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by skywalker240(m): 9:34pm On May 14, 2022
Waiting for the gurus.
buygala, deportivo. grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by buygala(m): 5:46am On May 15, 2022
Youngaboy:

Mod front page please.

Since you know the company whose name is on the vehicle's papers, what will it take you to contact them and do your due diligence? ..

Abi you don already make up your mind to buy awoof stolen car, but you are just looking for who will encourage you or give you an excuse to satisfy your dead conscience that the car isn't stolen. sad

Carry on bro.. Buy the car.. Last last na small police case and minor prison beans go end am

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Udodiri01: 9:40am On May 15, 2022
Involve a lawyer

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by bonnyhope: 9:54am On May 15, 2022
Hezzyluv:

Simply go with this

Or contact the company

44 Likes

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Youngaboy(m): 8:50pm On May 15, 2022
Hezzyluv:

I think this idea is ok.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by kerry57: 6:54am On May 17, 2022
Just go and buy a new car direct from the makers store or stand and collect ur receipt. Do not go for used cars whether naija or foreign used. I know u can do it believe me.
Naija police can deny u, them go say them no know u again o.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Dshocker(m): 6:55am On May 17, 2022
Always make sure you get an authentic police report

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Fiscus105(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2022
Youngaboy:

Mod front page please.

He supposed to have changed it to his name long time before now.

Meanwhile, in addition to other advice above, you can also go to court with him and do affidavit

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Adonis86(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2022
Ensure he shows you the custom papers complete, then you're good to go.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by lifezone247(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2022
Buy in cotonou simple
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Naiira(m): 6:56am On May 17, 2022
Baba shine your eyes �

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Administration1: 6:56am On May 17, 2022
Sent a request for clearance to the company. Contact your legal rep for this
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by saxby(f): 6:56am On May 17, 2022
Lol, maybe you buy it from a police station. grin
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by seandurse(m): 6:57am On May 17, 2022
Buy new one

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Seredebe: 6:59am On May 17, 2022
By not buying secondhand cars

1 Like

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by affable4(m): 7:00am On May 17, 2022
Just check with the company.

You verify and call the number on the papers while buying a Nigerian car. Simply do same.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by iyatrustee(f): 7:00am On May 17, 2022
If his company sold the car, there should be an official document transferring title and ownership to him. This should be on the company leatherheaded paper and duly signed. If he has this, then you are covered.

I worked in a company that used to auction off its cars to staff every 4yrs. Sometimes, we effect the change in ownership with VIO, but some others choose to maintain status quo and drive around with the company name to save cost.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by LAGATA(m): 7:01am On May 17, 2022
Request for 'to whom it may concern' or the 'allocation paper' from your friend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by Unruly7(m): 7:01am On May 17, 2022
Agreement papers will settle that bro, and also try and do number changing road safety will always contact the person that registered it first before they agree to change the number for you

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by sleek214(m): 7:01am On May 17, 2022
kerry57:
Just go and buy a new car direct from the makers store or stand and collect ur receipt. Do not go for used cars whether naija or foreign used. I know u can do it believe me.
Naija police can deny them no know u again o.
Shame
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by UncleKoboko: 7:01am On May 17, 2022
By Toks

Even though they're mostly stolen too but at least, the owners may never find you ....

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:02am On May 17, 2022
You want to buy company vehicle. Probably because the price is at an incredibly cheaper price. You buy direct from the owner or management of the company than to buy from a comer staff. It is better to buy elsewhere or buy a brand new one

1 Like

Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by sleek214(m): 7:02am On May 17, 2022
kerry57:
Naija police can deny them no know u again o.
Re: How Can I Avoid Buying A Stolen Vehicle? by austine4real(m): 7:03am On May 17, 2022
No idea

I'm selling POS machines for N15K promo price

810514316i

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Knocked 4zz, Can I Change To 1zz Or 3zz Corolla Engine? / Purchasing A New Kia Rio / 10 Reasons Why You Should Learn To Drive The Manual Car.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.