Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? (522 Views)

What Do I Think About Jehovah Witness Members And Religion As A Whole? / It's Better To Be An Atheist Than A Nigerian Christian Or Muslim - Man Says / Hey Christians, How Much Can You Really Say To Defend Your Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:02am On May 15, 2022
This is one question I have struggled with since I could tell my left from my right.

I was born into a very strong Anglican family and was indoctrinated in the religiosities and doctrinaires of the Anglicans as far as I can remember. As a very active Sunday school kid, it was a thing of joy to win awards and participate in the big church during adult harvest, even though I hate the crowd. Shy shy me grin grin

But then, I have always wondered why God will chose the Christian Religion and abandon the rest.

It didn’t make sense to me as a kid and it still doesn’t make sense as young adult.

Yes! I agree that of the 4200 plus religion in the world, Christianity is the largest, closely followed by Islamic religion, etc.

I was also partly born into a traditional religious practice, and we did everything together which made it even more confusing.

But then I never ceased to question if I was a Christain simply because I was born into the Anglican family or because my mum did everything to indoctrinate us into the Anglican way.

We have since stopped been Anglicans and we have all gone our separate ways.

Dad has returned fully to his traditional believes after a brief spell in Jehovah Witness while mum is now fully Pentecostal and I am now an Omnist.

There is no gainsaying that we were certainly convinced at some point that we need to change our belief system and do what we think is best for us religiously as no one will face judgment with us, assuming there is one.

I have seen people convert from Islamic religion to Christianity et other religion vis visa.

From my findings, people change religion base on personal conviction while some still hold on to their religious beliefs, simply because they were born into one.

I still remember my deeper life neighbor who almost killed his son simply because he joins us to watch television. Chi boy stubborn die that year.

Today, the father has a big television courtesy of chi boy. Times have changed, you might say.

But question is : why do you practice your religious beliefs?

Is it simply because you were born into one or because of personal convictions?

Shalom.
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:05am On May 15, 2022
we tolerate everyone religion,and we dont abuse any other people religion or prophet. Is it a most to abuse our prophet?? everyone that will abuse and quote me should reserve it and go to sokoto and shout such..hhh

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:08am On May 15, 2022
Hisbah21:
we tolerate everyone religion,and we dont abuse any other people religion or prophet. Is it a most to abuse our prophet?? everyone that will abuse and quote me should reserve it and go to sokoto and shout such..hhh

How does that relate to this question bayi?

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by exCHRISTIAN: 8:08am On May 15, 2022
Didn't practice any.

Did you know?
Why didn't the imaginery christ protect the lady shocked

Is he absent? Or doesn't exist? Or cant fulfill His promise to protect his followers? Or is the bbbile lyi*g as it used to do?
Thessalonians 3:3

I left Xtianity because I realized it's rubbish.
What do yo expect from a god that was born by a WOMAN and ended, murdered on Cross? Didn't help himself also grin

The entitled punishment for blasphemy in Xtianity as I was forced study by my parents back then is death !!!

anyone who blasphemes the name of the Lord is to be put to death. The entire assembly must stone them. Whether foreigner or native-born, when they blaspheme the Name they are to be put to death.
Leviticus 24:16

Deborah killers used this verse to kill her the way the verse instruct, I think they own a copy of christ papers, bible is full of evil to its followers.

I left religion for you!!! Ath3ism all the way

Before any rotten brain qoute me, see my signature..... grin
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:09am On May 15, 2022
litigator:

How does that relate to this question bayi?
a counter before some start their usual abuse and ranting
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:12am On May 15, 2022
Hisbah21:

a counter before some start their usual abuse and ranting

You self na wah. Applying the he-goat strategy fa?
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:14am On May 15, 2022
litigator:

You self na wah. Applying the he-goat strategy fa?
something like that
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:17am On May 15, 2022
What should the true religion be doing right now?
If you know the answer to this question then you're not far from God's Kingdom.

I was convinced by the FRUIT the only true religion is producing today {Matthew 7:16-18} according to God's word many false religions will emerge towards the end of badness {Matthew 24:11} so many people will start choosing which goes down well with their likeness but the one and only true religion will be very difficult to cope with because it was initiated by the perfect son of God so only few individuals will notice it! Matthew 7:13-14

Now back to my question:
WHAT SHOULD THE TRUE RELIGION BE DOING THIS TIME AROUND?

Well God's word answered:
The one and only true religion will gather obedient people throughout the earth {Isaiah 2:2} use God's word to reshape their thinking {Isaiah 2:3} and every observant individual will see the result {Matthew 5:14-16} because they will use God's word to settle all their racial disparities, divert their resources into the production of food and information materials, stop the production and use of weapons and vowed never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:4

If you've found such a religion i congratulate you because you're not far from Paradise, they are already preparing themselves for Paradise.

When all evildoers claiming worshipers of God are no more, i wish to see you there in PARADISE! Luke 23:43

May you have PEACE! smiley

Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:22am On May 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
What should the true religion be doing right now?
If you know the answer to this question then you're not far from God's Kingdom.

I was convinced by the FRUIT the only true religion is producing today {Matthew 7:16-18} according to God's word many false religions will emerge towards the end of badness {Matthew 24:11} so many people will start choosing which goes down well with their likeness but the one and only true religion will be very difficult to cope with because it was initiated by the perfect son of God so only few individuals will notice it! Matthew 7:13-14

Now back to my question:
WHAT SHOULD THE TRUE RELIGION BE DOING THIS TIME AROUND?

Well God's word answered:
The one and only true religion will gather obedient people throughout the earth {Isaiah 2:2} use God's word to reshape their thinking {Isaiah 2:3} and every observant individual will see the result {Matthew 5:14-16} because they will use God's word to settle all their racial disparities, divert their resources into the production of food and information materials, stop the production and use of weapons and vowed never to raise weapons against anyone again! Isaiah 2:4

If you've found such a religion i congratulate you because you're not far from Paradise, they are already preparing themselves for Paradise.

When all evildoers claiming worshipers of God are no more, i wish to see you there in PARADISE! Luke 23:43

May you have PEACE! smiley

Oga! You failed election. You missed the question.

Why do you practice your religion. Educate our ignorance simple. Don’t come and sell one true religion to us.

What if on judgment day you discover JW ain’t the way nkor ?

I spent years studying JW books and visited Bethel.

But then I also have my reservations. So let’s not go that route.
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:39am On May 15, 2022
litigator:

Oga! You failed election. You missed the question. Why do you practice your religion. Educate our ignorance simple. Don’t come and sell one true religion to us. What if on judgment day you discover JW ain’t the way nkor ? I spent years studying JW books and visited Bethel. But then I also have my reservations. So let’s not go that route.

I have answered your question but it seems you don't like my answer!

I converted to JW because i was fully convinced that God's word and Jesus' statements are true as JWs are globally WORKING towards it's achievement! James 2:18-26

Anyway thanks, do have a great weekend! smiley
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Nobody: 8:42am On May 15, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I have answered your question but it seems you don't like my answer!

I converted to JW because i was fully convinced that God's word and Jesus' statements are true as JWs are globally WORKING towards it's achievement! James 2:18-26

Anyway thanks, do have a great weekend! smiley

Oh! Sorry I missed it. Apologies.

I still read your books anyway. Love it even though I have unanswered questions which you might not be able to answer.

But then I sometimes look forward to studies if time permits. I still miss aunty patience and her group.

Sister Mercy did a great job. I wish she didn’t fall in love with the wrong guy.
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Lx6ix: 8:43am On May 15, 2022
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:14am On May 15, 2022
litigator:

Oh! Sorry I missed it. Apologies.
I still read your books anyway. Love it even though I have unanswered questions which you might not be able to answer.
But then I sometimes look forward to studies if time permits. I still miss aunty patience and her group.
Sister Mercy did a great job. I wish she didn’t fall in love with the wrong guy.

All of us had unanswered questions in our minds but one thing is common with Jehovah's Witnesses:
we go for the person who can answer MOST of our questions satisfactorily!
That's why many turned back from following Jesus because they felt his going out of the way {John 6:66} but the 12 Apostles stood with him because they knew that he has answered most of their questions regarding God's Kingdom. John 6:68

So don't think we who are members of the organization have all our questions answered NO! But with what is on ground the organization has produced the FRUIT expected of Christ's followers! Matthew 7:16-18 smiley
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by meobizy(f): 10:31am On May 15, 2022
I don’t. Religion was a relic the white man used to control our ancestors and their cousins who were slaves in plantations. Anybody who holds on to it thinking it makes their life any more sensible is living in a fool’s fantasy.
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by cayorday89(m): 10:32am On May 15, 2022
From my childhood till this very moment, people have always loved or should I say have interest in my personality, both young and old and at a time I asked myself if it is as a result of the religion I practice or its just who I am, mind you I am not perfect but my imperfection is far away from causing anyone harm or being a burden in the slightest of form to anyone. So I came with the conclusion that religion has not served me any purpose especially when you see the so called big wigs in the religious settings, how they act and relate really begs for an answer if I want to be addressed in the same bracket as them.

I will say I am no longer religious as I used to be as I still go to church once in a while and I try my best to be good and human in all my dealings, if I can't make you better I definitely will not leave you a tad bad than I met you. I can say my religion is now humanity and looking up to God not through man or made up doctrines.
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Kobojunkie: 1:51pm On May 15, 2022
litigator:

I was not born into Christianity nor was I taught of Christianity by any of your pastors or mogs. I am a follower of Jesus Christ today because I went to God Himself for answers and He gave them to me, and continues to do so. God is the reason I am now convinced of and know who Jesus Christ is.undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:59pm On May 15, 2022
litigator:
This is one question I have struggled with since I could tell my left from my right...

But then, I have always wondered why God will chose the Christian Religion and abandon the rest.

Read again! No where did God choose any religion, rather He Said "This is My Way and the Way I have laid before you. If thou wilt keep all my Commandments and Ordinances and judgements"

So, He laid His Own Way and did not pick any one's way.
Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by chidifrank(m): 2:27pm On May 15, 2022
litigator:
This is one question I have struggled with since I could tell my left from my right.

I was born into a very strong Anglican family and was indoctrinated in the religiosities and doctrinaires of the Anglicans as far as I can remember. As a very active Sunday school kid, it was a thing of joy to win awards and participate in the big church during adult harvest, even though I hate the crowd. Shy shy me grin grin

It didn’t make sense to me as a kid and it still doesn’t make sense as young adult.

Yes! I agree that of the 4200 plus religion in the world, Christianity is the largest, closely followed by Islamic religion, etc.

I was also partly born into a traditional religious practice, and we did everything together which made it even more confusing.

But then I never ceased to question if I was a Christain simply because I was born into the Anglican family or because my mum did everything to indoctrinate us into the Anglican way.

We have since stopped been Anglicans and we have all gone our separate ways.

Dad has returned fully to his traditional believes after a brief spell in Jehovah Witness while mum is now fully Pentecostal and I am now an Omnist.

There is no gainsaying that we were certainly convinced at some point that we need to change our belief system and do what we think is best for us religiously as no one will face judgment with us, assuming there is one.

I have seen people convert from Islamic religion to Christianity et other religion vis visa.

From my findings, people change religion base on personal conviction while some still hold on to their religious beliefs, simply because they were born into one.

I still remember my deeper life neighbor who almost killed his son simply because he joins us to watch television. Chi boy stubborn die that year.

Today, the father has a big television courtesy of chi boy. Times have changed, you might say.

Shalom.
i grew up a Catholic for more than 32yrs of my life. i defended the catholics and their doctrines. but when affliction came, evil days came, i started to know God myself and began reading His word contained in the book called Bible. i realised things catholic do that are not good in the sight of God and thats how i denounced and separated myself from Catholics.
i love to know the truth and it can only be possible reading the word of God. thats why i choose fellowshiping with JW. because they always read the words in the bible and also from the few persons i have come across and how they tried to live their lives with meekness. note i fellowship with JW but i belong only to the Church which is THE BODY OF CHRIST.

1 Like

Re: Why Do You Practice Your Religion As A Christian Or A Muslim? by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On May 15, 2022
Hisbah21:
Here's a simple question. Why is Mohammed when you all claim is a man , beyond insult as though he is instead a god? undecided

Did Mohammed infact declare it is ok to kill those who insult him? undecided

Did Mohammed himself kill people who insulted him during his day? Is that where this practice in Islam comes from? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Osibanjo's Failure: Lessons For Future Christian Politicians / Humanity Is Greater Than Religion / What People Don't Understand About Digitalization!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.