Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto (27417 Views)

Jamil Abubakar Denies Endorsing Deborah's Murder, Threatens Legal Action / Azman Airline Disowns Jamil Abubakar's Comment On Deborah's Murder / Anambra Election: Concerns Mount Over Voter Apathy As Residents Stay Indoors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by BleedingPen: 10:57am On May 15, 2022
Corps members serving in Sokoto State, especially those in Sokoto metropolis, have been advised to remain at home due to the 24-hour curfew announced by the state government.

CAMPUS GIST recalls that Governor Aminu Tambuwal had on Saturday, declared a 24-hour curfew on Sokoto metropolis, following violent protests by some zealots.

The protesters were seeking the release of some suspects arrested by security agencies for the murder of Miss Deborah Samuel, on Thursday.

Deborah, a 200-level Home Economics student of the Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto, was lynched and burnt over alleged blasphemy against Prophet Muhammad.

Public Relations Officer of the NYSC in Sokoto State, Malam Sani Idris, in a statement obtained by CAMPUS GIST on Sunday, said Corps members are to remain indoors until further notice.

Idris added that the NYSC management had contacted all the security agencies, to ensure the safety of its corps members throughout the curfew period and beyond.

“Arrangements have also been made for the Police and Army patrol vehicles to intensify surveillance in all of the corps members’ locations.

“Management urged corps members to remain calm and law abiding at all time and also assured them that things would soon return to normalcy in the state,” he added.

https://www.campusgist.com.ng/2022/05/15/breaking-deborah-stay-indoors-nysc-warns-corps-members-in-sokoto/

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Fasindo: 11:00am On May 15, 2022
shocked

The christian corpers should not just stay indoors, they should also be wary of the northern Muslim corpers cos those ones can easily set them up.

I will advise they all move into NCCF/NACC building. Because they will be safer and and easily fight together when they live togethers than when they stay individually in their various lodge Incase if they are attacked

387 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Mokason288(m): 11:00am On May 15, 2022
An eye for an eye will make Nigeria a better place

Imagine the audacity ,

You killed a defenseless girl

Yet you are still protesting destroying more properties

301 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:03am On May 15, 2022
They should get them evacuate now life no be moimoi o

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by hakeemhakeem(m): 11:04am On May 15, 2022
They should get them evacuate now life no be moimoi o and a wise corp should be planing too

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Truthisunique2: 11:05am On May 15, 2022
We only pretend muslims are rational on paper

But in reality we take extreme measures even to areas we shouldn't because their is no measuring on where their blood quest can take them

Fake Muslims up north would also be taking precaution at this point, it is in times like this they run to Sabob garin realizing they aren't seen as muslims in north

49 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by derecho(m): 11:11am On May 15, 2022
Instead of moving them out to safety. They are asking them to stay indoors

77 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Suspect33(m): 11:30am On May 15, 2022
One thing I love about the outcome of this incident is that for the past few days, they've been nothing like 'yeebos' or 'yoruba miscreants' gracing every thread on NLs front-page.. perhaps, the Igbos and Yorubas are beginning to understand who their real enemy is and the latter is beginning to see sense in the formers agitation for a separate nation.. las las we'll all have sense

251 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Bolaji26(m): 11:30am On May 15, 2022
I be muslim and i condemned what happened in Sokoto

RIP DEBORAH.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Graceman444: 11:30am On May 15, 2022
grin outstanding moment
Mrfunny (Oga sabinus) shared tears shocked after winning best online content Creator AMVCA AWARD 2022 grin
Says it is first award in Lagos cry

Watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2Ualmn5J3g

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by fulaniHERDSman(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2022
Student Terrorists struck in SOKOTO ... and Debby is gone. May her gentle soul continue to rest in peace.
And may those who support her cold blood murder continue to suffer DISEASES, STARVATION AND ALL OTHER PESTILENCE BOTH KNOWN AND UNKNOWN TO MAN!!!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by ttemmi(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2022
STAY AWAY FROM ISLAM

123 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by olu77(m): 11:31am On May 15, 2022
These heartless miscreants will not stop

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by SmartyPants(m): 11:32am On May 15, 2022
Why do they keep sending peoples' children to these backwater states??

For years Nigeria has treated the lives of Youth Corpers with reckless abandon, and it is always in these miserable, wilderness states that their lives are under the most threat.

This is a human rights violation!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Johntitus: 11:32am On May 15, 2022
sad

Some persons keep working and praying for the progress of Nigeria but at the same time are doubtful that the nation might never see progress due to the activities of some idioôts.

To all Christian Corpers, stay inside! Your death will not stop any MOG from ministering next weekend.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Naija147: 11:32am On May 15, 2022
Arm them with weapons to start killing those animals

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Sheriman(m): 11:32am On May 15, 2022
Who will now saperate this shit hole country??

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Kingpele(m): 11:32am On May 15, 2022
There was a country..my only worry in all this is how a human being will be fighting for his god he prays for help seven times a day and his prophet that had died centuries ago, who can never be affected by any insult again..how one will pray to a god and still fight for him baffles me ..could it be that the god is handicap unable to fight for himself and his prophet..I think to be a true headslammer u most reduce your mind below animal level..even wild animals will only kill another animal if in need of food ..but these morons will kill for their God and prophet for nothing..am willing to give up my life for the sake of my faith in my God and his son jesus christ but I will never kill another for Jesus's sake ,if u serve a powerful God, he will be the one protecting you ,not you fighting for him...this is evidence of false religion and belief..when Egyptian Army was closing in on isrealities on all sides ,the Lords prophet moses spake to the Lords people and said do not be afraid you don't need to do anything because God will fight for you, the Egyptians you see today u shall see them no more..and God fought for them as his prophet said ..it is only God who gives life can take it ,not someone else ..the least they should have done is to insult her religion back but killing a human being over this nonsense is abominable and you see Muslims you will think is enlighten like shehu sani supporting this madness

21 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by davillian(m): 11:32am On May 15, 2022
Staying indoors
They become easy targets
They should all be moved to the army barrack by soldiers
Or better still regroup arm thier selves with what ever their hands can hold should incase they get attacked....
That's how we do it back then
We even have night watch while everybody sleeps with cutlass and various tools....

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Enumerator(m): 11:32am On May 15, 2022
I tell you!
Mokason288:
An eye for an eye will make Nigeria a better place

4 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Truthisunique2: 11:33am On May 15, 2022
Hypocrites

How cum Muslims and Northern corpers are never under any threat in the south since this stupid nysc started

Every little thing christian corpers become target practice in the north to send message

End this stupid nysc and send Muslim corpers to the north return our brethren

48 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by akanbiaa(m): 11:33am On May 15, 2022
Okay
Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by unclejb2(m): 11:33am On May 15, 2022
So sit at home has reached Sokoto.

6 Likes

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Holluwatarhyor(m): 11:34am On May 15, 2022
I served in Jos 2008,and even then,there was crisis,but God saw me through,the main issue in the north is religious crisis.

I've been to some parts of the north for some jobs after my service year...and all my stay there,I always pray there shouldn't be any religious crisis,presently I stopped going there to preserve my life.

You can contact me for your building construction jobs,we have competent engineers and Architects on ground for your approved architectural and structural drawings and an excellent supervision of your building from start to finishing.....whatsapp 08062150515

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Suspect33(m): 11:34am On May 15, 2022
Why are Northerners still walking freely down south.. does the North enjoy monopoly of violence? We keep raging on social media but in actual reality, save for the south Easterners, most southerners are cowards

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by Righthussle: 11:34am On May 15, 2022
If you're a woman/girl and you made a post on social media during Yul Edochie's second wife gist and you are yet to make a post about Deborah's gruesome murder.

I want to curse you specially

May your anus block forever.
May you always see Deborah's face in your dream.
May your mother in law hate you forever.
May your husband marry several wives.
May your food be tasteless in your husband's mouth.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by abobote: 11:34am On May 15, 2022
How come the FG can not send soldiers, or sokoto officially a sharia State.

Evacuate them their various states now

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah's Murder: Stay Indoors, NYSC Warns Corps Members In Sokoto by steveneche(m): 11:35am On May 15, 2022
sad

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldiers Neutralize 3 Female Suicide Bombers In Gamboru, Borno State (Photos) / Wike Will Fall Like Fayose – APC / Inauguration Of Obidatti Campaign Council In Kaduna(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.