Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,077 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness (1897 Views)

God Is Getting Closer! Another Prophecy Fulfilled, As Evidenced By Atheists! / Why Did God Not Pierce Holes On Our Ears? / Look Up To God...not Man! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Dude397(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2022
Nebes:
Spirituality is not for the weak and feeble-minded. Observe my choice of words - SPIRITUALITY.
Once you start approaching the realms that is beyond our 3 dimensional world, you are in danger if your mind is not guarded. This applies to almost all religions. Ask our traditionalists if you doubt. If you keep digging deep spiritually, a time will come when you will see/hear/experience what the normal human will never experience.
My guess is that in your quest for God, you opened up a portal that was too much for your mind to carry. Your mind is just a gateway between the spiritual and this realm. You would have benefitted from a good spiritual guide.
You made sense

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On May 15, 2022
Dude397:
You made sense
How exactly does any of that make sense? You actually think your schizophrenia resulted from your "opening up" a portal that was too much for your mind to carry?. undecided

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by cobby14(m): 3:01am On May 16, 2022
We live in this moment and we live with God everyday but just don’t Kill yourself with religion
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by PastorAIO: 7:54am On May 16, 2022
Think how many more religious fanatics on this site are actually in need of psychiatric attention. That's why it is wise not to get to emotionally involved with threads.

3 Likes

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by LordReed(m): 8:11am On May 16, 2022
Nebes:
Spirituality is not for the weak and feeble-minded. Observe my choice of words - SPIRITUALITY.
Once you start approaching the realms that is beyond our 3 dimensional world, you are in danger if your mind is not guarded. This applies to almost all religions. Ask our traditionalists if you doubt. If you keep digging deep spiritually, a time will come when you will see/hear/experience what the normal human will never experience.
My guess is that in your quest for God, you opened up a portal that was too much for your mind to carry. Your mind is just a gateway between the spiritual and this realm. You would have benefitted from a good spiritual guide.

LoLz! Inducing psychosis in yourself is not some extradimensional experience, it's your brain on the fritz.

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by NNTR: 8:14am On May 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How exactly does any of that make sense? You actually think your schizophrenia resulted from your "opening up" a portal that was too much for your mind to carry?. undecided

ROFLMAO
If one's being economical with the truth, one would say, it makes sense
Moral of the experience:
Dont do drugs

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Dude397(m): 9:12am On May 16, 2022
Owopariola1:
@OP, are you not the same person that started smoking weed back in 2012? Then later knew you had a mental illness while having a girlfriend? Sometimes, you even beg for money on NL. Are you sure you're now fully well, or this is just your moment of soberness?

Perhaps you need to be sent to one spiritual healer that will be giving you 50 lashes of koboko every day, till you're fully well. cheesy cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/6839233/girlfriend-doesnt-know-mental-issues
I'm perfectly okay now sir
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by frank317: 9:23am On May 16, 2022
Dude397:
I'm perfectly okay now sir

That means ur mental illness started 2012 and not 2017 and you misinformed us here... and religion wasn't ur problem.

I think you held unto religion when u realized you had mental issues and as usual it almost made matters worst...

Keep calm bro, take ur medications and i hope u to fine and live a normal life

2 Likes

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Dude397(m): 2:48pm On May 16, 2022
frank317:

That means ur mental illness started 2012 and not 2017 and you misinformed us here... and religion wasn't ur problem.

I think you held unto religion when u realized you had mental issues and as usual it almost made matters worst...

Keep calm bro, take ur medications and i hope u to fine and live a normal life
Not 2012 sir you misunderstood. Read again. Religion was the Genesis of the problem. I was over religious
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Kobojunkie: 3:02pm On May 16, 2022
Dude397:
Not 2012 sir you misunderstood. Read again. Religion was the Genesis of the problem. I was over religious
How so?, undecided
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Dude397(m): 3:25pm On May 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:

ROFLMAO
Whatever it was, I don comot my hand for anything that has to do with religion. At least for my health sake.
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Kobojunkie: 3:47pm On May 16, 2022
Dude397:
Whatever it was, I don comot my hand for anything that has to do with religion. At least for my health sake.
I don't think retreating in fear aka anxiety will help your situation since it is mental illness that you are dealing with here. undecided
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Olayiwola1425: 9:09pm On May 16, 2022
I swear same thing happen to me few year's back always reading the Quran like say na me God send to the world until I met myself in a psychiatrist hospital but glory be to God everything is bygone and I'm fine and healthy
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On May 16, 2022
Olayiwola1425:
I swear same thing happen to me few year's back always reading the Quran like say na me God send to the world until I met myself in a psychiatrist hospital but glory be to God everything is bygone and I'm fine and healthy
Do you also believe religion opened a portal in your mind that was too much for it to bear or something? undecided
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Dude397(m): 11:41pm On May 16, 2022
Kobojunkie:
I don't think retreating in fear aka anxiety will help your situation since it is mental illness that you are dealing with here. undecided
Religion will worsen the case so I totally avoid it to prevent relapse. Thanks. I believe in myself now.
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Olayiwola1425: 6:11am On May 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Do you also believe religion opened a portal in your mind that was too much for it to bear or something? undecided
it's was really too much and from my own right now anything that pertain to religion I no dey talk about it again
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Cordenify(m): 6:26am On May 17, 2022
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Dtruthspeaker: 7:19am On May 17, 2022
Dude397:
In 2017 before I was diagnosed with schizophrenia I used to be a holy ghost filled tongue speaking Christian. Was reading the Bible alot. Praying aloud till my neighbors started complaining that I don't let them sleep at night because I went totally off gear. I believed I was sent to the world by God and various nonsense till I was finally admitted to the psychiatrric hospital and received treatment .

That is the usual way to schizo and psycho, not God's Way!

So are you back to normal now?
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:56am On May 17, 2022
Towards the first century lots of demons were in Israel taking possession of many Israelites {Mark 1:39} and it was so rampant that even little children were possessed by demons! Matthew 15:22
So what is the reason why those demons were ravaging the land?
Well it was because the Messiah's arrival was imminent and there were lots of speculations regarding who the Messiah will be and what he will be doing, so many Israelites were busy making research on the scriptures but they were doing so for selfish reasons, that's why the demons keep taking advantage of their selfish cravings to demonize them!

Before all these things occurred try to flash back and think about what you were dreaming of becoming among your age mate. Were you just thinking of becoming a member of Jesus' preaching team or a famous prophet that's highly respected among your age mates?
Those demons are arrogant so they often take possession of proud individuals who dreams of becoming greater than others in all fields.
There are lots of fast money making fields that you can engage and seek the support of these powerful spirits like religion, politics, sports, music, movies, online business and so on! Revelations 13:18
So before you can gain anything from them you must make a covenant with them and that's what will be the dues you'll be paying from time to time in order to maintain your great status otherwise they will deal ruthlessly with you.
Now where you offended them is by seeking worldly fame that belongs to them {Jeremiah 45:5} but reading the Bible which belongs to Jesus who taught his own disciples to lay low! Matthew 23:11 Luke 22:24-27

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Nobody: 8:41am On May 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
[s]Towards the first century lots of demons were in Israel taking possession of many Israelites {Mark 1:39} and it was so rampant that even little children were possessed by demons! Matthew 15:22
So what is the reason why those demons were ravaging the land?
Well it was because the Messiah's arrival was imminent and there were lots of speculations regarding who the Messiah will be and what he will be doing, so many Israelites were busy making research on the scriptures but they were doing so for selfish reasons, that's why the demons keep taking advantage of their selfish cravings to demonize them!

Before all these things occurred try to flash back and think about what you were dreaming of becoming among your age mate. Were you just thinking of becoming a member of Jesus' preaching team or a famous prophet that's highly respected among your age mates?
Those demons are arrogant so they often take possession of proud individuals who dreams of becoming greater than others in all fields.
There are lots of fast money making fields that you can engage and seek the support of these powerful spirits like religion, politics, sports, music, movies, online business and so on! Revelations 13:18
So before you can gain anything from them you must make a covenant with them and that's what will be the dues you'll be paying from time to time in order to maintain your great status otherwise they will deal ruthlessly with you.
Now where you offended them is by seeking worldly fame that belongs to them {Jeremiah 45:5} but reading the Bible which belongs to Jesus who taught his own disciples to lay low! Matthew 23:11 Luke 22:24-27

May you have PEACE! smiley[/s]
What is wrong with you... this Jehovah Witness demon? Ha ba!

The boy said he has been medically declared mentally unfit. What is your problem? He takes medication and he is ok. Werey! Are you saying demons obey medications?

The boy has doubted everything he believes, and instead of you to cool off and allow him heal, you are beginning to put the poison of demons inside him again. And you think he will listen to you. Are you okay?

See...your own mental sickness is stronger. Walahi. Foo.lish boy.

We believe that Jehovah Witness is a cult that should be outlawed, just as it is in Russia. Why? They also promote many unproven doctrines and strange teachings as gospel. And they compel and force people to conform to their standards. If you ask them more questions, they will not respond because they do not have answers. They would rather force you to accept their faith. We are using this medium to tell them to force their beliefs on those who visit their shrines rather than forcing them on the general public.

As a result, we recommend that you do not accept all Jehovah Witness posts as the truth, but rather contributions that one of them has accepted. We have an evidence to back this up. And their contributions could be either false or true. We advise you not to take Jehovah Witness posts as the gospel. Please take the time to read and ask questions whenever you read their posts. Also, read other people's opinions and compare them with their. I assure you that you will see lies in their teachings.

In short, there are strong indications that Jehovah Witness is a cult you should avoid.

For example:

Jehovah Witnesses always mention Jesus. This Jesus they keep mentioning, why did they use "a god" to address him? Why? Mind you...they have said many times that Jesus or God dont speak to us anyone, but we learn through the Bible. And we know that Jehovah Witness read KJV which didnt call Him .."a god" till 1940s. So, how did they know that Jesus is "a god"? Please...Jesus and God cannot tell them ooo because they said they both dont speak to us again...and the available scriptures did not call Him "a god". How did they come about this?

Hmmm... So, if they can explain well, we will know they know this Jesus intimately. If they cannot answer, do they have the right to right to call on Jesus?

My other questions
1. Why did Jehovah Witness change God to "a god" in their Bible?
2. They said a few among the saint will go to heaven and the remaining will stay in earth. Let them proceed this beyond reasonable doubt.
3. The story of Lazarus and the rich man is about hell. Let them tell us if it is a real story or an ordinary parable of Jesus. And they should show us the proof of their stand.

They should use verified sources for these verifications.▪︎ Verified proofs are sources that we can really verify.

5 Jehovah Witnesses down on NL. MaxInDHouse, Cornelboy, ibomrep, Janosky, bukola94 have all tried but they have failed so far. These are the sheep in wolves in NL, beware of them

Peace be unto everyone!

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:07am On May 17, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

What is wrong with you... this Jehovah Witness demon? Ha ba!
The boy said he has been medically declared mentally unfit. What is your problem? He takes medication and he is ok. Are you saying demons obey medications?

Defending the Bible is my job here! smiley
He said it was associated with his reading the Bible and praying aloud which means something is wrong somewhere, otherwise the spirit of the author of the Bible supposed to prevent such occurrence if he truly relied on God's word.
So what happened along the way?
That's why i had to explain to him that the same thing did occurr in Bible times, the demons were trying to communicate with him but he is not experienced that's why it turned out to be like a mental illness.
Of course the demons will take their leave once he's no longer pursuing greatness in line with their tracks!
Jesus cured Typhoid fever miraculously that doesn't mean medications can't cure the same illness! Luke 4:38-41
May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Nobody: 9:08am On May 17, 2022
Dude397:
In 2017 before I was diagnosed with schizophrenia I used to be a holy ghost filled tongue speaking Christian. Was reading the Bible alot. Praying aloud till my neighbors started complaining that I don't let them sleep at night because I went totally off gear. I believed I was sent to the world by God and various nonsense till I was finally admitted to the psychiatrric hospital and received treatment .

Dude397:

Dude397:

Dude397:
Religion will worsen the case so I totally avoid it to prevent relapse. Thanks. I believe in myself now.

Sir, I am a Christian and a believer too, but trust me ... someone told me that the kind of Christianity we have in Africa she doesnt understand, and deep inside I know she was right...but I defended us. But really, she was 100% right.

For now, just free your mind. If possible, avoid religious section on NL also. See eh...people are mad in Naija oooo with religious things. If you see how they speak in tongues like mad people. Lol. But in the word, we know that they spoke in foreign languages. I am a bit fluent in an European language and I am at an intermediate level with another, but one day, I heard someone speaking in tongues in one of the two languages. And this fellow cant speak the language at all sir. He didnt speak it fluently, kinda jamming words together, but I understood what the person was saying very well. Like a Fulani man trying to speak Ijaw language....but them, one still gets the message.

Here is my point, stay off religious activities for now. I cannot recommend you go to any religious place in Nigeria cos 99.9% are scams.

But be careful also to not go into atheism. To me, it is a religion too. The religion that says there is no god. Period.

The reality is that you are in a world where religion has come to stay. You cannot escape it. Hope you get me. What you need is to be able to stay in your normal self and have self control. That's it. The moment you can hold yourself, no one can talk you into rubbish... whether it is over sabi christianity, extremist Islamic, or confused atheism.

You cannot escape it. But if you take a step at a time to understand yourself better, you will win. I think you are doing just fine for now. Dont ever miss your medication. Please. Not for any reason.

I am a Christian, and I will still pray for you that God will show you the right path to Him.

Take it very easy.

Blessings!

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Nobody: 9:12am On May 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

[s]Defending the Bible is my job here! smiley
He said it was associated with his reading the Bible and praying aloud which means something is wrong somewhere, otherwise the spirit of the author of the Bible supposed to prevent such occurrence if he truly relied on God's word.
So what happened along the way?
That's why i had to explain to him that the same thing did occurr in Bible times, the demons were trying to communicate with him but he is not experienced that's why it turned out to be like a mental illness.
Of course the demons will take their leave once he's no longer pursuing greatness in line with their tracks!
Jesus cured Typhoid fever miraculously that doesn't mean medications can't cure the same illness! Luke 4:38-41
May you have PEACE! smiley[/s]

This is one of the "kolo" "werey" on this plafform

Avoid him by all means. Only someone who is well grounded can tackle him. He is mad, but he doesnt know. He is a mumu, but he thinks he is the smartest of all.

Simple questions I have been asking him, he cannot answer. He knows he cannot answer them, but he is being stubborn. Is that not madness?

See eh...Just avoid him.

We believe that Jehovah Witness is a cult that should be outlawed, just as it is in Russia. Why? They also promote many unproven doctrines and strange teachings as gospel. And they compel and force people to conform to their standards. If you ask them more questions, they will not respond because they do not have answers. They would rather force you to accept their faith. We are using this medium to tell them to force their beliefs on those who visit their shrines rather than forcing them on the general public.

As a result, we recommend that you do not accept all Jehovah Witness posts as the truth, but rather contributions that one of them has accepted. We have an evidence to back this up. And their contributions could be either false or true. We advise you not to take Jehovah Witness posts as the gospel. Please take the time to read and ask questions whenever you read their posts. Also, read other people's opinions and compare them with theirs. I assure you that you will see lies in their teachings.

In short, there are strong indications that Jehovah Witness is a cult you should avoid.

For example:

Jehovah Witnesses always mention Jesus. This Jesus they keep mentioning, why did they use "a god" to address him? Why? Mind you...they have said many times that Jesus or God dont speak to us anyone, but we learn through the Bible. And we know that Jehovah Witness read KJV which didnt call Him .."a god" till 1940s. So, how did they know that Jesus is "a god"? Please...Jesus and God cannot tell them ooo because they said they both dont speak to us again...and the available scriptures did not call Him "a god". How did they come about this?

Hmmm... So, if they can explain well, we will know they know this Jesus intimately. If they cannot answer, do they have the right to right to call on Jesus?

My other questions
2. They said a few among the saint will go to heaven and the remaining will stay in earth. Let them proceed this beyond reasonable doubt.
3. The story of Lazarus and the rich man is about hell. Let them tell us if it is a real story or an ordinary parable of Jesus. And they should show us the proof of their stand.

They should use verified sources for these verifications.▪︎ Verified proofs are sources that we can really verify.

5 Jehovah Witnesses down on NL. MaxInDHouse, Cornelboy, ibomrep, Janosky, bukola94 have all tried but they have failed so far. These are the sheep in wolves in NL, beware of them

Peace be unto everyone!

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:28am On May 17, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

This is one of the "kolo" "werey" on this plafform

Avoid him by all means. Only someone who is well grounded can tackle him. He is mad, but he doesnt know. He is a mumu, but he thinks he is the smartest of all.

Simple questions I have been asking him, he cannot answer. He knows he cannot answer them, but he is being stubborn. Is that not madness?

See eh...Just avoid him.

As a result, we recommend that you do not accept all Jehovah Witness posts as the truth, but rather contributions that one of them has accepted. We have an evidence to back this up. And their contributions could be either false or true. We advise you not to take Jehovah Witness posts as the gospel. Please take the time to read and ask questions whenever you read their posts. Also, read other people's opinions and compare them with theirs. I assure you that you will see lies in their teachings.

For example:

My other questions

Peace be unto everyone!

Your questions please, but one at a time!

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Ken4Christ: 11:38am On May 17, 2022
Dude397:
I still believe in God but right now my sanity matters more. Everything should be done in moderation. I'm protecting my mental health and mindful of various triggers.

Do you still speak in tongues?
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 17, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Your questions please, but one at a time!

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

Feel free go answer them as you like.

1 Like

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:36pm On May 17, 2022
PeaceJoyLove:

Feel free go answer them as you like.

You're not ready yet!

I said
"ONE at a time"
My dear, this is unlike your house where you talk anyhow to JWs, you must respect me before i can respond to your question, otherwise you can continue agitating! cheesy

Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by FearGod1r(m): 7:13am On May 18, 2022
Nebes:
Once you start approaching the realms that are beyond our 3 dimensional realm, you are in danger if your mind is not guarded. This applies to almost all religions. Ask our traditionalists if you doubt. If you keep digging deep spiritually, a time will come when you will see/hear/experience what the normal human will never experience.
thanks for your word of encouragement... It is not mental illness but his body can't handle it all so he concluded it is mental illness ... I can relate
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by LordReed(m): 8:14am On May 18, 2022
Constantly inducing psychosis is not healthy for anybody period.
FearGod1r:
thanks for your word of encouragement... It is not mental illness but his body can't handle it all so he concluded it is mental illness ... I can relate
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Image123(m): 3:02pm On May 18, 2022
The OP is still showing clear signs of schizophrenia. Take your meds bro and never take weed again.
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by Moshybear(f): 10:55am On May 28, 2022
Send me an email let's talk about this. Moshybears@gmail.com.
Re: I Thought I Was Getting Closer To God Not Knowing It Was Mental Illness by paxonel(m): 11:08am On May 28, 2022
Dude397:
This was a topic I created on nairaland in 2018 during that period I had crisis

https://www.nairaland.com/4813824/jesus-what-mighty-name
a lot of Christians are suffering from the same disorder and they need help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

List And Testimonies Of NL ATHEISTS Turned CHRISTIANS - *Updated / she asked me to leave My Church Before We Get Married,i did, now She's Gone / Rihanna's "Where Have You Been" Video: Illuminati Symbolism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.