Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,058 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law (1879 Views)

Hanifa Abubakar: I Won't Hesitate To Sign Death Sentence Of Killers - Ganduje / Bashir Ahmad Supports Death Penalty For Blasphemy - 2015 Tweet Resurfaces / Sign Death Warrant For 2,500 Inmates, NPS Tells Govs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Seun(m): 1:52pm On May 16, 2022
Confirmed False By Sahara Reporters

Actually, it was already the law in Kaduna.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by ChoCho54(f): 1:54pm On May 16, 2022
Winter is coming!

Why not if not? After all it's Sharia law.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:55pm On May 16, 2022
Tambuwal even knows he won't get Pdp presidential ticket, thank God Wike is no longer backing him.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by fkj950ax(m): 1:56pm On May 16, 2022
If this is true, it will be in newspapers.
Facebook comment screenshots are mere propaganda and fake news harbingers.

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by beerfraud: 1:57pm On May 16, 2022
Muslim impostors trying very hard to paint islam black would not work
we know their game already

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Kundagarten: 1:58pm On May 16, 2022
Is this not retrogression? Wither Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by AdeniyiA(m): 2:02pm On May 16, 2022
grin
BLASPHEMY is "the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God"; it is now also used with the meaning "irreverence toward something considered sacred or inviolable."

A blasphemy law is a law prohibiting blasphemy, which is the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence to a deity, or sacred objects, or toward a protected group of people considered sacred or inviolable. According to Pew Research Center, about a quarter of the world's countries and territories (26%) had anti-blasphemy laws or policies as of 2014.

Blasphemy laws are commonly used around the world to persecute people for [b]beliefs and activities that do not conform to the majority opinion on religious and sensitive topics, and to suppress criticism of religion. However, there is difference between criticism and blasphemy. Criticism may come under Freedom of speech or expression- where people can criticise a religion based on Logic, reason and rationality without using bad words against that faith, whereas blasphemy is defaming a religion in word or deed. They have been subject to repeated condemnations by human rights organisations and resolutions of the United Nations Human Rights Council. In some parts of the world, blasphemy laws on statute books have not been enforced for many years, but a concerted international campaign since 2015 has sought to repeal these laws in with the hope of further drawing attention to the way these laws are used around the world to persecute religious and political minorities. Some states justify blasphemy laws as "protecting" the religious beliefs of a majority, while in other countries, they are thought to offer protection of the religious beliefs of minorities
[/b]

In other words, their prophet is now a God not to be spoken ill about. Abeg where's the love?

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Christistruth00: 2:04pm On May 16, 2022
Official Source please
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by AbaLion: 2:10pm On May 16, 2022
If this is true, Nigerians must stand still for a revolution. I will have to agree with Prof. Afe Babalola who had suggested that an interim government be formed and a new constitution be created for a new system entirely.
Is Nigeria a secular or an Islamic state?.. A time such as this was why Olumide Akpata was elected NBA President and he needs to get to work than devoting all his energy on the lower region of his new bride.
Nigeria is in dire need of a reset.

-Lion

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Upliftment101: 2:14pm On May 16, 2022
Nice. Blasphemy against prophet Mazi Nnamdi Kanu( SAW/PBUH) is also punishable by the death so no big deal

7 Likes

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by BloomingDale(f): 2:14pm On May 16, 2022
Sokoto constitution supersedes Nigeria constitution?

5 Likes

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Racoon(m): 2:15pm On May 16, 2022
“A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol.” -Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by jmoore(m): 2:16pm On May 16, 2022
Islam insults Jesus Christ by calling him a prophet. Islam as a whole is an institution of blasphemy against Christianity. Jesus Christ is God.

Any idiot that keeps talking about respecting a belief when lives are at stake is actually a FOOL.

If you respect a belief above the lives of human being, then you are a DEVIL.

If you want to condemn violence, then condemn it and don't add the foolish line of provocation.

If every human decides to kill because of provocation, none of us will be alive.

Fighting for your god means that your god is useless and a scam.

ISLAMABAD!!

ISLAMAEVIL

ISLAMATERRORISM

ISLAMACURSE

End Islam to save lives.

11 Likes

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 16, 2022
Any god that needs to be defended is a mahanmade god.
So much for religion of peace (ie peace through violence)
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by johntredon: 2:25pm On May 16, 2022
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by helinues: 2:26pm On May 16, 2022
So many fake news flying around lately. Wondering what the mischievous people are intended to gain
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by omenka(m): 2:27pm On May 16, 2022
If it is unconfirmed, why post it Seun? undecided

Is it enough to post it and put a caveat saying it is unconfirmed at the buttom of the post?
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by helinues: 2:28pm On May 16, 2022
omenka:

Is it enough to post it and put a caveat saying it is unconfirmed at the buttom of the post?

To dispute the mischievous people who are agents of destruction

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by slivertongue: 2:29pm On May 16, 2022
Binding on them, else
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Agwotulumbe(f): 2:33pm On May 16, 2022
[s]
omenka:

[/s]
trying to suppress the news regarding Deborah's death.
omenka why are you supporting the death of this girl just because it was done by Muslims cry
omenka why
omenka why
omenka why

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Cucaroocha: 2:36pm On May 16, 2022
SMH
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by MetaPhysical: 2:38pm On May 16, 2022
Seun:
There've been multiple reports in social media suggesting that Sokoto State has signed a law to punish blasphemy with the death penalty.

AM Saleem said, "Sokoto State Govt has finally signed into law ‘Death penalty for blasphemy’. Alhamdulillah!"

He also said, "Sokoto State Govt made a wisest decision by signing death penalty for blasphemy into law. And i pray it stops the rate at which people solve matters with their own hands. I call on all state governments to do the same and make sure it's well implemented."

If you know anything more about this development, please share it with us.

Sokoto State Government operates under Nigerian Constitution. When Executive, Legislative and Judicial arms of government in Sokoto takes oath of office they do so using Nigerian Constitution. Sokoto cannot unilaterally pass a law that constitution does not grant power for it to do. I doubt authenticity of the report.

Under sharia law, which Sokoto observes, Im not sure death is a sentence for blasphemy...but if it is, then no need reinventing the wheel. The report will still have problem with its authenticity.
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by seborrhic: 2:39pm On May 16, 2022
Seun:
There've been multiple reports in social media suggesting that Sokoto State has signed a law to punish blasphemy with the death penalty.

AM Saleem said, "Sokoto State Govt has finally signed into law ‘Death penalty for blasphemy’. Alhamdulillah!"

He also said, "Sokoto State Govt made a wisest decision by signing death penalty for blasphemy into law. And i pray it stops the rate at which people solve matters with their own hands. I call on all state governments to do the same and make sure it's well implemented."

This is quite disgraceful coming from the owner of a forum as big as nairaland.
If you don't have reliable sources,at least wait to get it from reliable online news outfits.
Imagine you pushing unverified and looking fishy report,based on posts from unknown blogs and individuals.
Even,using your number six,it should be obvious to you that the law could not have been passed by the state assembly and signed into law within the few days that incident happened.
I am highly disappointed.Putting unverified besides the heading is just an afterthought by you!
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by johntredon: 2:40pm On May 16, 2022
Seun:

I read it also
https://www.facebook.com/100556115949921/posts/124637063541826/

2 Likes

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 16, 2022
Nothing is impossible in Nigeria but this seems like fake news.
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by EmperorHadrain: 2:41pm On May 16, 2022
beerfraud:
Muslim impostors trying very hard to paint islam black would not work
we know their game already

Sokoto is a Sharia State.

Blasphemy exists in Sharia law and is punishable by death .

This is a fact.

Sokoto has laws already in place for blasphemy through sharia legislation.
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by HardMirror(m): 2:42pm On May 16, 2022
Seun:

truth and only truth can set us free not emotions. I grew up in the north and I understand them well. All the noise Christians are making online is for nothing. I said it the other time. We must go back to basics. All religion must be condemned. Deborah is just one person and she caused her own problem because of her confidence in her religion. Let us focus on all religion ending not this Deborah's case. Christian's are also evil. How many times have the burnt people alive because they claimed the person is a witch.
Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by EmperorHadrain: 2:46pm On May 16, 2022
HardMirror:
truth and only truth can set us free not emotions. I grew up in the north and I understand them well. All the noise Christians are making online is for nothing. I said it the other time. We must go back to basics. All religion must be condemned. Deborah is just one person and she caused her own problem because of her confidence in her religion. Let us focus on all religion ending not this Deborah's case. Christian's are also evil. How many times have the burnt people alive because they claimed the person is a witch.

So for proclaiming her faith in Christ the victim deserved to be lynched and set ablaze?

The way you atheist reason ehh sometimes I want to agree with your accidental theory of life because you sound like a crash test dummy if it could talk.

3 Likes

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Beremx(f): 2:46pm On May 16, 2022
How many Nigerians will they kill for blasphemy? Prophet Mohammed has been insulted more since Deborah’s death. Who e com pain pass? grin grin

Ndi ara

6 Likes

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by Great2017: 2:47pm On May 16, 2022
AbaLion:
If this is true, Nigerians must stand still for a revolution. I will have to agree with Prof. Afe Babalola who had suggested that an interim government be formed and a new constitution be created for a new system entirely.
Is Nigeria a secular or an Islamic state?.. A time such as this was why Olumide Akpata was elected NBA President and he needs to get to work than devoting all his energy on the lower region of his new bride.
Nigeria is in dire need of a reset.

-Lion
This is seconded. Nigeria is gradually degenerating into an Islamic caliphate and Christians should vehemently resist this barbaric law.

1 Like

Re: Sokoto Didnt Just Sign 'Death Penalty For Blasphemy' Into Law by MadamExcellency: 2:48pm On May 16, 2022
Agwotulumbe:
[s][/s]
trying to suppress the news regarding Deborah's death.
omenka why are you supporting the death of this girl just because it was done by Muslims cry
omenka why
omenka why
omenka why

The guy is an impostor. First, he lied he was from Benue State and that didn't suffice, he then claimed to be a Christian while using Igbo name to deceive his detractors.
A typical chameleon.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Full List Of PDP Panel Members Who Voted For Atiku’s Running Mate / Video: My Wife And Children Are Christians. Tinubu Says As He Meets With CAN / I Quarreled With My Igbo Neighbor About Yoruba People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.