Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,346 members, 7,860,892 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:14 PM

Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President (3635 Views)

Tinubu On Track To Become APC Flagbearer As Delegates Endorse Him: Vanguard / Tompolo - Buhari Military Killed My Father, Why Should I Endorse Him? / Femi Gbajabiamila & Other Lagos Lawmakers Visit Jide Sanwo-olu, Endorse Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by ganisucks(f): 4:45pm On May 16, 2022
Former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro has dropped his ambition to represent Lagos West senatorial district in the 2023 general elections after he was publicly humiliated by Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former Lagos state governor and national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

Daily Independent gathered that during the Lagos APC meeting held on May 6 where Tinubu endorsed Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Obafemi Hamzat for a second term, Obanikoro was ushered to the floor by the anchorperson to speak. However, when he mounted the podium, Tinubu allegedly stood up from where he was and repeatedly shouted: “Drop that mic and leave there”.

After the meeting, the former Minister was said to have approached Tinubu and tried to talk to him, but the frontline presidential aspirant turned down his request, shouted at him and left him on the spot.

When our correspondent contacted Obanikoro, he refused to comment on the development.
Credible sources in the party reliably informed our correspondent that Tinubu’s grouse with Obanikoro stems from the fact that despite all he has done for him, (Koro) as the former Ambassador to Ghana is fondly called has refused to publicly identify with his presidential ambition.

It was gathered that Obanikoro did not identify with the South West Agenda for Asiwaju (SWAGA ’23), a group of former National Assembly members who are mobilising support for Tinubu’s presidential ambition.

Some party leaders who also rejected Obanikoro’s senatorial bid had pointed out that his son, Ibrahim Babajide Obanikoro, is currently a member of the House of Representatives at the National Assembly, representing Eti-Osa Federal Constituency and has also purchased the nomination form for another term.

It was also gathered that some political leaders in the state have already settled for former Lagos State Deputy Governor, Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire, who is presently Special Adviser to President Muhammadu Buhari on Sustainable Development Goals, SDGs as the candidate for Lagos West.

The Lagos West senatorial district seat became open after the incumbent senator representing the district, Solomon Olamilekan Adeola, popularly known as Yayi relocated to Ogun West senatorial district to contest in the 2023 general elections.

Obanikoro, a former Commissioner for Home Affairs and Culture in Tinubu’s cabinet was elected Senator for Lagos Central in 2003.

He however defected to the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and contested the 2007 Lagos governorship election. He lost the election to Babajide Raji Fashola who was then candidate of the defunct Action Congress (AC).
https://independent.ng/lagos-west-lagos-west-drops-senatorial-ambition-over-public-embarrassment-by-tinubu/

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by PrinceOfLagos: 4:47pm On May 16, 2022
You All can now see that Tinubu is a monster and a serial blackmailer

He's selfish and very greedy, so much that if you don't support his ambition or interest, he will threaten and blackmail you.

This man is everything wrong with Nigeria

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by naijainstinct: 4:50pm On May 16, 2022
Why is Tinubu acting so desperate? Tufiakwa for that Baba ooo.......

Presidency na by force?

Mr. Ready to fight dirty. Shiorrrr!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by bennybuhari: 4:51pm On May 16, 2022
Obanikoro himself is greedy. He was senator before. His son is in house of reps, what is he looking for again?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by StrongandMighty: 4:52pm On May 16, 2022
Tinubu a very greedy desperate old man that has ruled Lagos state for more than 24yrs still doesn't want to go and rest...

It's safe to say all his endorsement is gotten from cheap blackmail

I wonder how many APC governors he had already threatened and humiliated for them to endorse him...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 16, 2022
Sounds like Beer Parlour News!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by osinbanjoisaliar: 4:54pm On May 16, 2022
Chai, and one man wen I know don spend like ATM ontop this obanikoro ambition. Once you reach the man gate, you go see one big obanikoro4senate banner. Na now I know why seunmsg and Nigerialabalaba wan kill demselves on top Tinubu mata. No work, no bread and beans. Even Mooh247 talk am today

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Reality3080: 4:54pm On May 16, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

He's a selfish and very greedy, so much that if you don't support his ambition or interest, he will threaten and blackmail you.

[quo
PrinceOfLagos:

He's a selfish and very greedy, so much that if you don't support his ambition or interest, he will threaten and blackmail you.

te author=naijainstinct post=112891651]Why is Tinubu acting so desperate? Tufiakwa for that Baba ooo.......

Presidency na by force?

Mr. Ready to fight dirty. Shiorrrr!!![/quote] I pray u people don’t commit suicide on tinubu matter especially prince of afara ukwu,e go soon clear for una eye wen all Igbo aspirants fail as usual

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Truthisunique2: 4:55pm On May 16, 2022
Chai, one man go just dey use people destinies take form otunga

Oshomole wanted to be like this and was cut to size

Ganduje tried it see where it took him, na only the land of suffistication this thing dey happen

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by naijainstinct: 4:58pm On May 16, 2022
Reality3080:
[quote author=naijainstinct post=112891651]Why is Tinubu acting so desperate? Tufiakwa for that Baba ooo.......

Presidency na by force?

Mr. Ready to fight dirty. Shiorrrr!!! I pray u people don’t commit suicide on tinubu matter especially prince of afara ukwu,e go soon clear for una eye wen all Igbo aspirants fail as usual
Your lord is going no where. Where is he running to? Maybe Iragbiji or Bourdillion. I repeat, your lord will never be president. Goodbye!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:58pm On May 16, 2022
I don't care.. My worry is that the youths have finished us in this country

After all that is happening, people are still supporting these guys.

I'm sick

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by osinbanjoisaliar: 4:58pm On May 16, 2022
Reality3080:
[quote author=naijainstinct post=112891651]Why is Tinubu acting so desperate? Tufiakwa for that Baba ooo.......

Presidency na by force?

Mr. Ready to fight dirty. Shiorrrr!!! I pray u people don’t commit suicide on tinubu matter especially prince of afara ukwu,e go soon clear for una eye wen all Igbo aspirants fail as usual

I understand your pain. Dem dey force you to post all this Tinubu fake love. I hear sey if you no post on Tinubu mata, dem no go give you bread and beans

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Mooh247: 4:59pm On May 16, 2022
cool

Loyalty is key

Let him go and meet Jonathan and PDP that pushed him to betray ACN then

Na Mkpuru Mniri miscreants and their people hail betrayer as a virtue, Omoluabi don't tolerate such

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by helinues: 5:00pm On May 16, 2022
Supporting no be by force
Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Reality3080: 5:00pm On May 16, 2022
[quote author=naijainstinct post=112891852][/quote]all igbos will b put to shame like their forefathers

Just calm down,in d next 3 weeks all igbos will cry fire cos apc n pdp will shenk them

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Reality3080: 5:01pm On May 16, 2022
[quote author=osinbanjoisaliar post=112891883][/quote]u igbos will cry fire in d next 3 weeks

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Ahmed0336(m): 5:02pm On May 16, 2022
Obanikoro is not loyal.
Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by helinues: 5:02pm On May 16, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Chai, one man go just dey use people destinies take form otunga

Oshomole wanted to be like this and was cut to size

Ganduje tried it see where it took him, na only the land of suffistication this thing dey happen

Presidency na by force?

You should rather don't commit suicide about Tinubu's matter as you can't make any single comment without mentioning him.

You are yet to tell us how big is the space Tinubu is renting freely on your head that make you not to do without mentioning him, even for the that he knew nothing about your existence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by cocolacec(m): 5:05pm On May 16, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

He's selfish and very greedy, so much that if you don't support his ambition or interest, he will threaten and blackmail you.

Obanikoro is the greedy his son is in the house of rep and he wants to be a Senator,na only hom family sabi national cake.Even Tinubu no put son and wife at the same time.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by naijainstinct: 5:06pm On May 16, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:
[/quote]
Reality3080 post=112891962:
u igbos will cry fire in d next 3 weeks
helinues:
Presidency na by force?

You should rather don't commit suicide about Tinubu's matter as you can't make any single comment without mentioning him.

You are yet to tell us how big is the space Tinubu is renting freely on your head that make you not to do without mentioning him, even for the that he knew nothing about your existence
[quote author=osinbanjoisaliar post=112891883]
if Una like, make Una gather reach 10 million dey attack me. Your drug lord ain't going see the four walls of Aso Villa as President. @Reality3080, so anyone not in support of Tinubu is automatically Igbo. No be madness be this one? You sef dey sniff?
Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by festacman(m): 5:07pm On May 16, 2022
As far as Obanikoro's son is going for 2nd term in HoR, Musiliu Obanikoro wouldn't have attempted to go to Senate.

So, I doubt this story. It may have been planted by Tinubu's political opponents.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by helinues: 5:08pm On May 16, 2022
naijainstinct:
if Una like, make Una gather reach 10 million dey attack me. Your drug lord ain't going see the four walls of Aso Villa as President. @Reality3080, so anyone not in support of Tinubu is automatically Igbo. No be madness be this one? You sef dey sniff?

Only Igbo's carry Tinubu's matter for head like gala. So the guy is still in order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by naijainstinct: 5:08pm On May 16, 2022
I can see that Tinubu's bag of rice and garri is doing wonders everywhere.
Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by naijainstinct: 5:11pm On May 16, 2022
helinues:

Only Igbo's carry Tinubu's matter for head like gala. So the guy is still in order
Eehya, awon Baba nla Baba yin gan o to lati so wi pe mi o kin s'omo Oduduwa.

I am Yoruba and I reject a desperate drug baron as President. Ire ooo!
Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by PointZerom: 5:11pm On May 16, 2022
grin

VOTE TINUBU AND DESTROY NIGERIA KPATAKPATA.

1 Share

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by seunmsg(m): 5:11pm On May 16, 2022
If this is true then it’s good news. Obanikoro doesn’t deserve anything in APC.
Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by helinues: 5:14pm On May 16, 2022
naijainstinct:
Eehya, awon Baba nla Baba yin gan o to lati so wi pe mi o kin s'omo Oduduwa.

I am Yoruba and I reject a desperate drug baron as President. Ire ooo!

Omo oko Yoruba might have different opinions about Tinubu but na only Omo Ale go castigate him

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Mooh247: 5:14pm On May 16, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

We know your type, you are ungrateful and feel betrayal is smartness

Imo State was not conducive for you, but Lagos gave you the little you have and yet you have used every energy in you to attempt to demonise Bola Ahmed Tinubu that fiercely fought hard for the democracy you Ibo people now enjoy... If Tinubu had been decamping up and down like Peter Obi of APGA instead of building the biggest Opposition turned rolling party where will Obanikoro practice his politics of betrayal from, If Tinubu didn't develop Lagos from the ruins of Military dictatorship where will you be living today

We are Omoluabi, we don't tolerate ungrateful behaviour, we don't tolerate betrayer and we definitely won't insult our hero of democracy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Okoroawusa: 5:15pm On May 16, 2022
Is this a report or a gossip?

Journalism is dead.... with all the yeye news you people gave about Jonathan and APC last week.

Maybe Reno was right after all
Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Tinubuadvocate: 5:16pm On May 16, 2022
Fake news useless journalist or blogger. Koro can't represent lagos west he can only represent lagos central.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by PointZerom: 5:18pm On May 16, 2022
bennybuhari:
Obanikoro himself is greedy. He was senator before. His son is in house of reps, what is he looking for again?

Direct your question to Tinubu and his wife.
Re: Tinubu Publicly Attacked Obanikoro For Failing To Endorse Him For President by Advocate500: 5:32pm On May 16, 2022
helinues:
Supporting no be by force
you this man ,stay one place now..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Mock Tinubu For Joining Labour Challenge On Tweeter / Hausa /fulani Clash On Twitter / Sahara Reporters: Adamawa Rec, Hudu, Was Flown Out On Datti Ahmed's Plane

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.