Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,836 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:46 PM

Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah (28601 Views)

The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online / Victor Koreyo, Lecturer Renounces Nigerian Citizenship; Writes Buhari / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by smartman2010(m): 10:28pm On May 17, 2022
The Vice Chancellor,

Ahmadu Bello University (ABU),

Zaria,

Kaduna State,

13th May, 2022,

Dear Sir,

RENOUNCEMENT OF MY STUDENTSHIP IN PROTEST OF THE GRUESOME MURDER OF SOKOTO COLLEGE STUDENT

I, Oyeniyi Oyewole Iwakun, a Political Science postgraduate student with the admission number: P21SSPS8018 wishes to inform you of my decision to renouce my studentship at the Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria.

This decision is in protest of the gruesome murder of an innocent 200 level student, Miss Deborah Samuel of Shehu Shagari College of Education, Sokoto on Thursday, 12th May 2022 by some uncultured and evil minded religious extremists.

I opine that no matter her offence, nothing justifies the action of her murderers. More worrisome as shown in the online video in circulation on the social media is the supervised and organized manner of her killing and cremation in a broad daylight.

As a detribalised young man with liberal views on religion, I see this ugly incident as most unacceptable in recent time therefore births my skepticism about my safety in Zaria, Kaduna state which has similar features of religious cum tribal intolerance, orchestrated insecurity and uncurtailed activities of bandits and terrorists.

It may be her today, but who knows who is next tommorow?

Please accept this open letter as my contribution to the demand for justice for the late Deborah Samuel.

It is my hope that the perpetrators of this dastardly act are brought to book as against the usual narratives in the past.

Your's Sincerely,

Oyeniyi Iwakun
Department of Political Science,
Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria

https://www.facebook.com/103056428946675/posts/pfbid0YdEwBiN8bchPC8Wr3uhG8uThSa9Dhd9MDPoRdW3wZmdw2o6oKSNFj8thNnhTURaSl/

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by dsocioemmy(m): 10:33pm On May 17, 2022
Well, this is a nice contribution.

But this is Nigeria where an act like is equals to wasting your time

122 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by OlawaleBammie: 10:34pm On May 17, 2022
Omoh

2 Likes

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by ojun50(m): 10:40pm On May 17, 2022
You did well, christians in northern part should be watchful and becarefull about there movement.

I see this issues generating into something bigger

137 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by Jman06(m): 10:45pm On May 17, 2022
Deborah's murder and cremation is so heartbreaking! I shed tears each time I recall that incident.

Every well meaning Nigerian should please join hands in demanding justice for the poor lass. Those heartless extremists must not go unpublished!

139 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by God1000(m): 10:53pm On May 17, 2022
This is an unmistakable message of solidarity, God bless him

Deborah, may your soul continue to rest in peace

166 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by Jennyclay(f): 10:57pm On May 17, 2022
He did very well, because we don't know who's next to be lynched.

One MUMURIC from sokoto was even calling those Murderers "innocent young men"

Jesus Christ!!!!

#JusticeforDeborahSamuel

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by Nukilia: 11:03pm On May 17, 2022
The school should be blacklisted and their graduates subject to serious background checks.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 4:29am On May 18, 2022
omo na wa for who dey pay your school fees...

which kind wickedness be this

6 Likes

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by JohnOkolo: 4:46am On May 18, 2022
dsocioemmy:
Well, this is a nice contribution.

But this is Nigeria where an act like is equals to wasting your time

Why do you think so.

It's better to be safe than sorry.

He did what's best for himself and stood his ground.
Hopefully you have something to stand on

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by juman(m): 4:54am On May 18, 2022
Good.
That's is contribution to humanity.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by exCHRISTIAN: 5:23am On May 18, 2022
grin
Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by exCHRISTIAN: 5:25am On May 18, 2022
Nice.

Op but

1. No source

2. The image used os admission latter not renouncing latter

3. All the commenters above me didn't notice, why?

OP, THIS UR STORY IS FAKE

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by Ceenachi: 6:19am On May 18, 2022
God forbid that I ever send any of my children or siblings to any school in d North
A region where they breed terrorists and encourage poverty and illiteracy. Where their leaders have refused to open up their eyes that they too can be wealthy and civilised. Thank God I left kano to a region where I was able to puck up in life with countless opportunities and less danger
These people need total re orientation

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by TheWolfen(m): 7:04am On May 18, 2022
Good one comrade Oyeniyi Iwakun.

Come home and prosper.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by Thatwasepic(m): 7:34am On May 18, 2022
If your God needs protection you need a new God

5 Likes

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by mu2sa2: 7:51am On May 18, 2022
Are you relocating to the moon or Mars? Those places are probably where there's no violence. Here on earth nowhere is absolutely safe. In USA you can be gunned anywhere anytime. Remember Damilola Taylor, the young Nigerian lad who was stabbed and killed in London? In some parts of Nigeria there may be no religion- related violence, but killing of innocent people by ritualists, robbers,militants, cultists is worse. Nobody knows how many people have been killed and are being killed in the SE by nnamdi kanu- instigated violence. In the SW and many other areas in the south, nobody even have the statistics of almost daily killings there.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:22am On May 18, 2022
Murderers should be ghosted.

We need to stay away from them and then have total control of our own territory.

4 Likes

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by stamapro(m): 8:45am On May 18, 2022
Good step, until we learn to be deliberate in this fight of religious intolerance nothing worthwhile will come up, these religious bigots are taking laws into their hands, we equally need to act in protest. If all the christian students and lecturers in late Deborah Yakubus' school renounce their studentship and lectureship. The school will collapse.
And all those bigots will stop at almajiri education.

6 Likes

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by elGenius: 10:27am On May 18, 2022
leaving ABU in Kaduna for something that happened in Sokoto,
common, this is either fake or stupïd.

say this is true, given his/her level of education is this the best thing to do, as an educated person.

As sad as I am about this issue, it only show the hypocrisy of Nigerians, and the so called religious saints/leaders.

For years we've seen and read of mob actions and jungle justice in Nigeria, cultist killings, but no fuse at all from the so-called religious leaders and the saints-every one is now claiming to be.

We never had this kind of tension, but because religion is now involved they are all talking.

So it's ok if Christians/Muslims to kill and burn themselves but not by the other religion.

So without religion you are all just barbarians, and don't have any atom of humanity.
What a shame!!!

I think I'm in the wrong universe

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by 8BitGee(m): 11:11am On May 18, 2022
mu2sa2:
Are you relocating to the moon or Mars? Those places are probably where there's no violence. Here on earth nowhere is absolutely safe. In USA you can be gunned anywhere anytime. Remember Damilola Taylor, the young Nigerian lad who was stabbed and killed in London? In some parts of Nigeria there may be no religion- related violence, but killing of innocent people by ritualists, robbers,militants, cultists is worse. Nobody knows how many people have been killed and are being killed in the SE by nnamdi kanu- instigated violence. In the SW and many other areas in the south, nobody even have the statistics of almost daily killings there.

Nice whataboutism. Why do northerners have a high propensity to be quick to anger, insensitive, religiously bigoted, and intolerant?

Yes, it's true that people are killed in other places, it's also true that those are mostly not religiously motivated executions and that the members of those societies do not have the temerity to defend such murders. Importantly, the current discussion is about the unjustifiable murder in broad daylight in Sokoto.

If as a Muslim you have nothing good to say, you are advised to zip your mouth!

13 Likes

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by motionrange: 11:12am On May 18, 2022
You did well, christians in northern part should be watchful and becarefull about there movement.

I see this issues generating into something bigger
Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by Built2last: 11:12am On May 18, 2022
He better leave before those vampires come for him

1 Like

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by Mokason288(m): 11:13am On May 18, 2022
Hard Truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by elhafeez(m): 11:13am On May 18, 2022
New admitted PG student that just registered but hasn't started lectures.
You are not helping A.B.U. A.B.U was going to help educate you. It's his choice. Nothing special about him not choosing to continue to pursue his PG program in A.B.U thousands are waiting to replace him.
Many people have abdandoned PG programs in various institutions after multiple academic sessions. The sky didn't fall, the world didn't end too.

10 Likes

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by autodevice(m): 11:13am On May 18, 2022
So unfortunate
Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by Nobody: 11:13am On May 18, 2022

1 Like

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by Bhagdhadddd: 11:14am On May 18, 2022
I'm hosting a Free Whatsap group class in regards to Domain flipping..

Let me teach you How to make sustainable cash income for yourself easily by reselling expired domain name's online including the tools to get you started too..

If you're interested, send a text via whatsaaap to the number in my signature, personal text or Profile...

It is Free!
See You At The Top and Thank me Later.

Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by SexyBabe001: 11:14am On May 18, 2022
Nice.. Until we all wake up to our responsibility.. Nothing will ever change
Re: Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah by GUDABILITY: 11:15am On May 18, 2022
Front page please
A STING ON THE SCROTUM: HOW THEY BETRAYED US.
N40M OR N100M, IS THIS A JUST FOR A COMMON WORKING-CLASS NIGERIAN ASPIRING FOR THIS POSITION?
By: Shigaba Victor Meseize
Has Nigeria become a sinking boat or a flying jet? Are we on the favourite side or the wrong side of the dice? Has Nigeria become a comedy skit or a tormenting fancy? These are questions I’m yet to find answers to.
Our political leaders kept telling us (Youths) to climb but they didn’t give us the latter, and when we try to get our ladders to push up they kept dragging us back down. We have every reasons to place our fingers on the trigger to fire when they pass but we chose to place our fingers of the guitar rather than on the trigger. When I say trigger, I never meant the gun trigger, I mean action.
These people had made life and accommodation unaffordable for us in the metropolis, leaving us with no option than to settle in the satellite towns. Yet they kept using their cows to still disturb our peace in the satellite towns we can afford. One think I know is that the Lion might be sleeping, but don’t think it doesn’t have same strength. We are like a sleeping lion and we will soon be fed up.
About a week back has been a dramatic sphere since the announcement of the PDP and APC nomination forms prices, placing it at N40m and N100m respectively. There has been a lot of speculations over this, instead of us to see it as a robbery, unjust, a cheat and an insult to our democracy, we are all busy making fun with it, laughing over it.
This, clearly I see as a total denial for a common working-class man and a young Nigeria youth aspiring for this position under this two parties. This is a total denial of our constitutional right. This should be unacceptable.
These nomination prices is a cause of alarm, a threat to us the youths in particular. The fact is that no youth would want to use such huge amount of money to buy a nomination form in the midst of those godfathers.
A youth who can beat his or her chest to buy a form with such amount could end up under EFCC investigation. We have seen it in the past. They believe no youth makes legitimate money anymore in this country yet they fail to investigate those political fathers how they made their money.
How much does an average Nigeria man earns to obtain a form worth such amount? When I wrote ‘Our Happiness Doesn’t Matter and Why They Rejected Us’ the last time, some thought it was just a writing fancy to sell talent. One thing I want everyone to have in mind is that I don’t write to sell talent or to be praised. I write to speak out.
In the article ‘Our Happiness Doesn’t Matter’ I stated clearly that when the time comes they will all come with a deception of supporting the youth’s ambition to run for presidency which all played out few months ago. But in other to kill this ambition they impose N40m and N100m for nomination forms.
Does our happiness really matter to them? I don’t think so. Happy or not, none matter to them. What they are concerned about is power. These people are power-hungry, they are money-hungry. They are desperate for power, they want this power either legally or otherwise.
Our innocent looks, ignorance, behaviour and gentlemanliness has caused us a lot of harm in this nation than good. We have succumb too much to pressure. We keep on smiling and enduring pains beyond measure. Despite knowing that there are lots of skeletons in the cupboards, we still strive to push forward. But I think every pain has its limit and end. The time has come to end this pain, to end this suffering.
What does placing a nomination form in such a higher price means? This means that person receiving legitimate salary cannot vie for a position of leadership in this nation. How many youths can afford this? How many common men out there can afford this? What does this imply to our democracy? What does this imply to the future of the country? What do we expect from a man who would pay such huge amount of money to obtain that form?
To me, I think this is like buying the whole position with such amount and not about voting. Someone buying a form with such amount would have it in mind that he’s buying that position with his money and not the voting system.
To achieve this their ambitions, very soon we will start seeing them buying corns (Maize) from roadside sellers and chewing them from one streets to another with us during campaign just to claim humility, kindness and humbleness. We would soon start seeing them visiting hospitals, IDP camps, Orphanage houses to claim they really care. Some would be seen plaiting women’s hair, learning phones and other gadgets repairs, visiting roadside mechanics and helping them pour engine oils inside vehicles. Some would be seen in IDP camps eating and dinning with children. Some would soon be coming to the streets with trays of groundnuts, hawking. Some would start drinking garri without sugar, groundnut or kulikuli. Some will start posing on tattered mattresses, some inside BRT buses.
But the question is. Where was the humbleness when it wasn’t time for elections? Where is the humbleness after the elections? And where is the humbleness after serving their tenures?
It is time to be wise. A time not to let a thousand naira destroy thousands lives and properties.
We need people who have robust experience to steer the affairs of this nation and not people who are power-thirsty. We need people who can sustain their contributions to women and youth empowerment across the nation through various humanitarian initiatives. 
Weak leadership has caused us too much pains and deaths and also responsible for lack of democratic dividends in Nigeria. We need people who can change the fortunes of Nigeria by bringing on board purposeful, credible, responsive and people oriented leadership that will meet the yearnings and aspirations of Nigerians.
We need people who are connected to the people at the grassroots and do understand their pains and endurance not only during the electioneering periods but before and after the elections.
How long are we going to realize that we are tired? We can’t continue enduring the pain of this stings on our scrotums.
Shun Ethnic Differences.
Shun Religion Sentiment.
Arise Nigeria
Arise Youths.

vickleoshigaba@gmail.com

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Success Story In FUTA With 4.68 From 3.80! - Babatunde Babajide / IMSU Suspends Dr Desmond Izunwanne For Slapping Students / Akomolafe Olatunji, Nigerian Philantropist, Donates To 300 Kids In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.