Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,251 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father (36230 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Sultanate Council Condemns Killing Over Blasphemy / Zamfara Arrests 100 Security Violators, Seizes Vehicles Taking Food To Bandits / Governor Makinde Commissions 100 Security Vehicles To Improve Security In Oyo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:11am On May 18, 2022
Garba Emmanuel, the father of late Deborah Samuel, who was gruesomely killed and burnt in Sokoto last Thursday, has narrated how his daughter was killed.

A distraught Emmanuel in an interview with elifeonline.net described his 22-year-old daughter as a humble girl who wanted a bright future, believed so much in the Lord and did not play with Church activities.

He said: “In her school, she was a member of the Christian Student Association and was well known in the Church because she didn’t miss Church activities. She was not a troublemaker.”

Garba, who witnessed the killing of his daughter, said the mob action took place despite the presence of over 100 security agents comprising Police, NSDSC and DSS operatives.

He said: ”Ok that Thursday morning around 9.00 am, she called me on her phone to say that some people wanted to kill her. I quickly left where I was and went to her school. On getting there, I saw a huge crowd of these boys and girls. The school authorities had taken her and locked her and another girl at the security gate by the school entrance.

“I then decided to report the matter to the police that there was a problem at the school. The police responded that I had no right to report what was happening in the school; the school was supposed to call them.

“I told them that I am a citizen of Nigeria and I have the right to report any wrongdoing happening anywhere if it affects me or anybody. So, they gave me two police officers in plain clothes.
“On arrival at the school, they saw that the situation was beyond what they could handle.

“They called the DPO, the Area Command, Police headquarters and the DSS office. The DSS arrived first on the scene and began shooting in the air to disperse the mob, some of whom ran away.

“They attempted to rescue her but the door of the security post was locked with a padlock and the person holding the key was not there. Later, more police officers arrived and began to shoot teargas all over the place.

“As this continued, more mobs from the adjourning communities began to arrive, all the passersby by the road because the school is on the express road, began to troop in, and the crowd was much.

“At about 11 am, more police officers, Civil Defence and DSS were around and were teargassing the whole place. Rather than break the door and rescue her, they were waiting for the person with the key. Soon, the person came and in bringing her out, the mob took hold of her.

“As they were struggling with the security men, one of the mob hit her on the head with a huge iron rod and she fell to the ground.

“That was how they began to stone her, hit her with rods and sticks and she died. She was killed in the presence of all the security agents.

“After they killed her, the mob was jubilant that they killed her. The students and people from the villages were all shouting Allah Akbar, Allahu Akbar.

“They were all happy and jubilating. Different people began to say, ‘I am the one that killed her’, ‘I am the one that killed her’.

“After some twenty to thirty minutes, a lady in hijab, one of her schoolmates, began to shout, a kone ta, a kone ta, akone ta, meaning ‘set her body ablaze, set her body ablaze.’

“That was when they gathered tires, and one of the boys brought his machine from where they siphoned the fuel, which they poured on the tires and set her body ablaze.

“After about two hours, the school authority and the police officers took her body to the mortuary.”

He added: “More than 100 policemen were there. They were more than one hundred. The DSS people there were not many. The DSS people tried to rescue her but left it to the police when they came in about five to seven vehicles, including the civil defence. But see what eventually happened.”
When asked if the police officers deliberately did what they did, he said: “Well, what can I say? If they, did it deliberately, I leave them to the hands of God because I believe that if the police and the other security agencies wanted to rescue her, immediately they shot in the air and the mob dispersed, they could have taken her into one of their many vehicles and zoomed off.

“They could have broken the padlock and repaired it later. But… they did what they did. I leave everything to God.

“We are based in Magajia in Niger state in Rijaw Local government. I was in Sokoto when she called me to say they wanted to kill her and I immediately moved to the school.

“They were on holiday during the Salah break and the school resumed on Saturday and started exams on Monday. They were still in the exam mood on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and on Thursday, they killed her.”

When asked if he was going to relocate as speculated in the media, revealed that amid the uproar and riot in the state over the arrest of his daughters’ killers, he still feels safe staying in Sokoto and will not move out of the state.

“I will move to nowhere. I am ok here. I am already established here, and these people can’t scare me away from this place.

“I will move to nowhere. I am ok here. I am already established here, and these people can’t scare me away from this place.

On how his wife heard about Deborah’s death, he said: “Some of Deborah’s mates broke the news to her. When I got back home, I heard that when she was told, she fainted and was rushed to the hospital in Magajiya. She slept there because she had high blood pressure.

“There is no problem. We have peace. Even the Muslims now know that what they had done was wrong and not Islamic. We have said this so many times.

“Some Arab preachers also said no place in the Koran that says they should kill anybody. Even Gumi, one of their Sheiks, said when Mohammed was alive, he was insulted face to face and he never asked anybody to deal with no one.

“Is it now after his death that anyone would say they should kill? He said it was some Mallams, some Ulama, who took that decision so they could control their masses. It is not in Islamic laws.

“Their law says if anyone is caught in blasphemy, they should be taken to the Sharia courts, and it is the court that will determine if blasphemy was indeed committed.

“The Muslims have condemned it. The Sultan and many Muslims were not happy about this.”

While speaking on how his other children reacted to the incident said: “They all know there is nothing we can do now. She is not my only child and not the eldest.

“They know that all we can do now is to thank God and praise him because there is nothing we can do to bring her back.”

Emmanuel denied saying his children will not go to school again, stating he only questioned the safety of his children in school.

“That is a lie. I never said so. You can’t stop your children from going to school because of this.

“I guess they misquoted the calls of our people not to send their children to that school again because if you send your child to school and what you get is her dead body, it is a break of trust.

“If they cannot keep your children safe, why send them to that school?”

He stated that his family has no plans of taking the school authority to court but the government can do so if need be.

“I am not going to court because if I do, it won’t bring her back. For three to four years, you are still in court. For what? I am not going to court.

“But if the government wants, they are free. She is an indigene of Nigeria. Government can decide to go to court to prosecute the offender as a deterrent for a reoccurrence.”

“Government should handle it and punish the culprits so it would not happen again.

“We believe in God and thank Him that He has called her back home this way. How many people die, and the news goes as far as this? So, she is a child of a poor man, but her name has gone around worldwide. Glory be to God.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/sokoto-mob-killed-deborah-before-over-100-security-agents-says-father/

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Hashabiah: 12:14am On May 18, 2022
It will never be well with the people that killed this girl ; they shall die in a barren land, and in the coming generation, their descendants will be cut off undecided

362 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by tit(f): 12:19am On May 18, 2022
A failure
Deborah was failed by Nigeria
Failed by the police
Failed by her father

86 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Aboks(m): 12:19am On May 18, 2022
Until those animals roast you alive na dat time ur eyes go clear

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by money121(m): 12:30am On May 18, 2022
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by istina: 12:54am On May 18, 2022
Terribly sad.
I tire for dis one Nigeria of a scam. Make everybody dey go I'm papa house abeg.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Foolishbuhari: 12:58am On May 18, 2022
Terrorists!
Despite this, the useless terrorist enabling government led by Tambuwal charged those murderers to court on "disturbing public peace" and "criminal conspiracy" charges.

The mad man thinks everyone is their people they can fool upandan?

Terrorists attacked the Abuja-Kaduna road today and abducted scores. The hopeless terrorists won't go and protest o... But they can fight for Muhammed and Allah when the "foe" is a hapless young girl. Tueh!

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by rayvelez(m): 1:03am On May 18, 2022
Failed state with frustrated citizens.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Elolam87(m): 1:04am On May 18, 2022
Over 100 security personnel were not able to rescue her alive. Something is fishy

127 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by limeta(f): 1:07am On May 18, 2022
He added: “More than 100 policemen were there. They were more than one hundred.

They did not want to rescue her
They were all in it together.

Soldiers Shot At Students Protesting Peacefully Against ASUU Strike In Akure by veroupdate(f): 11:31pm On May 17

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by chatinent: 1:12am On May 18, 2022
In summary, here are the facts from his own side of the story:

1. The police was there but deliberately played the mob overpowered them.

2. They were with guns! Over a hundred of them! If it were peaceful protesters, they'd have shot them!

3. The army are very responsive in the east to civil cases than in the north...even when life is threatened.

I am not interested in one Nigeria!

173 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by tutudesz: 1:20am On May 18, 2022
Over 100 Northerner policemen with the same mentality has the mob were present undecided

107 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by jasmeel: 1:22am On May 18, 2022
tit:
A failure Deborah was failed by Nigeria Failed by the police Failed by her father
. n also by u too

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Nahunger(m): 1:22am On May 18, 2022
shocked
Baba japa oo

2 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by jasmeel: 1:33am On May 18, 2022
One side dey kill d other side n d other side dey shout war no good war no good

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Yujin(m): 1:44am On May 18, 2022
Christians and southerners still think they have a country. It's baffling for a people been treated as thrash not to know their true position in a geographical space and seek a better one if they aren't comfortable with it.
Another of such senseless murder will still happen and Christians in Nigeria will find a way to swallow it. I've never seen the calibre of people like Christians from Nigeria. South Sudan fought against the same treatment to get their freedom 50 years later (1955-2005). Nigerian Christians have been killed for more than 60 years yet they continue to hold on to the evil system that kills them. It is a shame.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by sreamsense: 2:36am On May 18, 2022
This is too bad, I don't even know why police will arrest just only two people out of all those that killed her. If it were phone that was stolen now and resold to another person, police will pick all those that stole the phone, the buyers and those that involved directly and indirectly that may be innocent. But in this case, video shows clearly, all Muslims that made statement by hitting her with stick, stones and other harmful things that are supposed to be picked up by police because of their contribution including those muderer ladies with hijab stoning and hitting her with stick; suppose to be picked up by police because they are involved physically and so keen/happy in killing her.

This alone shows all Muslims are potential terrorists waiting for opportunity to present itself, they were so happy and anxious to stone her which already revealed evil intent of their darken hearts. Even those hijab ladies you think are gentle and can't kill a fly were looking for stones and sticks to kill her maybe because they expect reward from Allah for contributing in killing. How will the widows, widowers, orphans and all other innocents killed by Muslims and their terrorist soldiers not going to be sending (CBUH) curses be upon him everyday to Mohammed for bringing pain to them. Some Muslims will be covering up (as Mohammed justified marrying 6years old abominable acts that atheists can't even do with thier levels of morallity ) by comparing mob action of robbers in Calabar-christian area to justify killing for blasphemy.

How are they the same, did those that killed robbers with missions to kill, rape, steal killed for Jesus or did they say Jesus sent them to kill unlike Islamic murderers that kill for Allah and shout, Allah Akbar, Allah Akbar. Don't they do mob killing of arm robbers in the Muslim dominated city like Kano? Is that killing perpetrated in the name of Allah or for religion case ? Some will go and open old testament to justify killing for blasphemy in the Bible. Will you be more christian than the Christians who are the followers of Christ and Bible? How many times have Christians quoted that verse to kill for blasphemy anywhere in the world?

Other times, they quote from Bible that says, "... but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven". Did God say Christians should kill that person for blasphemy on His behalf like Muslims are doing? No! Have you seen Christians killing with that verse anywhere in the world? No! Is judgement not for God in this scenario unlike Allah/Mohammed that demands Muslims to kill for him for blasphemy ? How is Allah now the same Almighty God of Jews and Christians? They just quote Bible wrongly thinking they are doing themselves good. Even Isrealites don't enforce stoning/killing for blasphemy as usually quoted from Bible by muslims; how many times have you heard on radio, TV, social medial that Jews killed/stoned someone for blasphemy in modern times unlike Islamic countries that are still helping Allah/Mohammed to kill humans?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.myjewishlearning.com/article/blasphemy-in-judaism/amp/

Many Islamic teachers/dawahs insult Jesus and making jest of Him on daily basis, gov El-Rufai who is a Muslim insulted Jesus, but was not killed for blasphemy, Sterling Bank MD is Muslim who insulted Jesus by comparing resurrection of Jesus to Agege bread, he was not stoned and killed for blasphemy but instead he was pardoned by CAN. One thing I know is that Allah is different from God of Christians and Jews because Allah contradicts himself when quoting from Bible despite Bible had been in existence about 600yrs before Quran. Bible can not copy from Quran because Quran was not in existence when Bible was written, but it is possible for Quran to copy from Bible because Bible was in existence for many years before Mohammed claimed it was decended from heaven, but yet references refered to in Bible were not well scripted out.

Devil also knows Bible, he can manipulate and write his book and extract from Bible to deceive people to his side. Satan quoted Bible for Jesus when he was been tempted more than 500 years ago before Quran came into existence and Satan is trickish in his kingdom, he must have learnt bible very well before writing his own book to deceive humanity to follow his way because out of Jews, Christians and Islam that are from Abraham, how come Jews and Christians are revering to the same everlasting God without contradiction, but that same God in Quran will now be contraditing Himself. No! God is not the author of confusion. It looks like “...The voice is Jacob’s voice, but the hands are the hands of Esau.” as far as Bible and Quran are concerned. For Deborah family, God will console you

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by jumobi1(m): 3:28am On May 18, 2022
Her parents are very strong.

17 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by maestroferddi: 3:57am On May 18, 2022
The security agents deliberately chose to do nothing...

They knew what they were doing....It is the same pattern in almost all Muslim-dominared societies.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by DMerciful(m): 5:37am On May 18, 2022
How did her father fail her?
tit:
A failure
Deborah was failed by Nigeria
Failed by the police
Failed by her father

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by 9japride(m): 5:43am On May 18, 2022
The most baffling thing about those northern religious fanatics is that they can kill for their religion but when someone is causing serious damage in their society in terms of killing and kidnapping you hear them say 'we pray to God to help solve the situation' always praying but they never take any physical action in stopping such issues. But just a word concerning their religion that doesn't go down well with them, boom! They are ready to shade blood.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by amuwo1980: 5:45am On May 18, 2022
I curse every hand that struck a blow on this girl , it will suffer want, it will suffer deprivation , it will suffer bitterness and loneliness so shall it be in Jesus name and that’s what the universe have declared .

54 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by malel1: 5:48am On May 18, 2022
The DSS left it for the police since they came with more than 2 Vans

Can anything good come out from nigerian police ?

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Nobody: 5:52am On May 18, 2022
All the 100 policemen endorsed her being killed I am very sure of that. Their shooting in the air na formality.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Ceenachi: 6:43am On May 18, 2022
That's why in the east we see police as bandit in uniform because most of this military people are repentant bokoharam that's why unknown gunmen send them to Allah for judgement

38 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by ogbuefi677(m): 6:59am On May 18, 2022
They're all in it.
The security agents oo,the imams,ulamas and terrorist students. Same WhatsApp group.
How can hundred zoo security agents not be able to disperse a mob?
If na Igbo land now,dem go open fire for crowd.
But Mr man,why are u saying u won't relocate?
Ok oo

13 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Macphenson: 6:59am On May 18, 2022
Can u imagine? Over 100 policcemen couldnt save thjs girl. They couldnt shoot to disperse this terrorists but will shoot at innocent protesters.

And the girl was killed and burnt in the presence of over 100 policemen with DSS operatives

The interesting thing is out of the mob, the police could only arrest two people.
Hundred policemen, with DSS personel were able to arrest just two persons and take them to court. The Army that are busy killing innocent civilians in the east were nowhere to be found.

I remember during the ENDSARS protest,even an UBER guy just passing by was arrested. The police cells in MAROKO,ILASAN even down to AJIWE were filled to the brim. Some were even moved directly to Ikoyi prisons.

One Nigeria my smelly ass.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by techWriter3: 7:11am On May 18, 2022
A failing Deborah disciplined refused by NigeriansnsFailed by the policeFailed by her father
Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Samunique(m): 7:23am On May 18, 2022
Nigeria failed her!!!

Islam eliminated her !!!

11 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Paulianfa(m): 7:34am On May 18, 2022
No wonder the bandits, herdmen, terrorist are taking Nigeria for a jolly ride. They knew we don't have a strong security network.
Bunch of Cowards
This particular death alone pain me badly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Thatwasepic(m): 7:35am On May 18, 2022
If your God needs protection you need a new God

9 Likes

Re: Deborah Samuel: Sokoto Mob Killed Her Before Over 100 Security Agents - Father by Parisian: 8:07am On May 18, 2022
You don talk am finish.
jasmeel:
One side dey kill d other side n d other side dey shout war no good war no good

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Alleged Tinubu-buhari Rift: ‘I Will Name Them One After The Other’ – Oba Akiolu / Mama G & Others Arrive Venue Of Margaret Obi's Town Hall Meeting In Enugu / Yemi Osinbajo Voted Sahara Reporters Man Of The Year Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.