Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? (78583 Views)

Prepaid Meter: How Do I Handle This With My Landlord? / Remodelling A Rented Apartment: How Far Can You Go? / How Do I Handle My Landlord?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by alhaji04: 10:56am On May 19, 2022
To be candid, this is funny. well maybe she's got dat figure and wants to make a show of it. aside from dat, i do think its non of ur business, u paid 4 the bed space, likewise she. na she get her body, if u are not comfortable with it, look elsewhere.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by winnah(f): 10:56am On May 19, 2022
If you can't tell her, why complain here... Do you want us to come do it for you?
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Collegelove: 10:57am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:
With apologies to this fellow, I make this complaint.

Please, how can I handle this situation I found myself in this shared room.

I am someone who likes and respect peoples privacy and mine a lot and this was why it took me time to opt for a shared apartment until things got out of hand and I had to settle for it due to lack of sufficient funds.

The issue is about this fellow. The first night I got there, after a few mins she just went completely unclad. In my mind, I thought it was because she wanted to bathe, that she'll probably get into a nighty once she's done but to my surprise, she didn't. And the way she goes about unclad, bending in front of me is so disturbing. I feel like telling her to cover up a bit but I know I can't.
I know the weather is hot but hey... we need to show some decency here.

The first night I did that nonsense but that was after the light was turned off but yesterday, mehn... I couldn't continue so I wore my panties and later covered up a bit with wrapper but she'll just come and open everything waaaa... And its getting on my nerves.

This has got me wondering, so this is how this students leave their bodies anyhow?

I'm still trying to absorb everything about this new lifestyle because I've never seen such before. Though, when I was living alone, I used to go to sleep the way God created me. That is because I'm all alone. Not when someone is around. I can't

I asked the man in charge if I can put a partition, he said the fan would disturb it otherwise, I planned to call a capenter to come and partition my space. Its not too late. I might still get a mobile partition by weekend if I find something nice.

What do you think, fam.?

Which city are you?
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Lepon02: 10:57am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

I am someone who likes and respect peoples privacy and mine a lot and this was why it took me time to opt for a shared apartment until things got out of hand and I had to settle for it due to lack of sufficient funds.

The issue is about this fellow. The first night I got there, after a few mins she just went completely unclad. In my mind, I thought it was because she wanted to bathe, that she'll probably get into a nighty once she's done but to my surprise, she didn't. And the way she goes about unclad, bending in front of me is so disturbing. I feel like telling her to cover up a bit but I know I can't.

The first night I did that nonsense but that was after the light was turned off but yesterday, mehn... I couldn't continue so I wore my panties and later covered up a bit with wrapper but she'll just come and open everything waaaa... And its getting on my nerves.

This has got me wondering, so this is how this students leave their bodies anyhow?

I'm still trying to absorb everything about this new lifestyle because I've never seen such before. Though, when I was living alone, I used to go to sleep the way God created me. That is because I'm all alone. Not when someone is around. I can't

I asked the man in charge if I can put a partition, he said the fan would disturb it otherwise, I planned to call a capenter to come and partition my space. Its not too late. I might still get a mobile partition by weekend if I find something nice.

What do you think, fam.?

Who be your fam?

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Ebubu3: 10:57am On May 19, 2022
caesymore:
Its had staying with someone, both parties find it difficult from their different echelon of perception. You just listed out your complains about your roommate, kindly note she might have one or two against you which to her might be as severe as yours.

There are levels to privacy and when in a shared apartment like yours, partitioning might even hinder your access to proper ventilation.
With time you might get used to it but if you know you can't, find a polite way to let her know that she makes you uncomfortable parading her nude self. But if I'm you as much as I detest such too I will find a way around it because most times confrontation is a bitch if not handled right.
wise man

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by SweetDipBenny(m): 10:57am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

My dear try and tolerate it till u get ur own private place
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:57am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

dis apartment wey u dey, is there any available one close to it?

Jez askin 4 a friend oo!
grin
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by StrongAlphMale: 10:59am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

I didn't encourage her o. Its just probably her way and she finds it difficult to adjust.

This is my first time of seeing a female complaining about her fellow females body. Why are you complaining? I thought we all agreed that female loves it when they call themSelves pet names like "baby", honey, sweetheart, love and all manner of rubbish. You females even go as far as kissing your fellow females and even stroking bodies together. So why complaining? Why does her body turn u off? Abi are you interested in her body? Are you a man or what? Why would you even noticed her body in the first place?

Imagine a guy noticing his fellow guy's body. How stupid does that even sound? Or are you a les? Why you dey para just by seeing your fellow genders naked body?
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by mrlycan: 10:59am On May 19, 2022
I dont see why this is a problem. You are the type that feels the woman body should be adored.. Fine it should.. The same body you are asking her to cover up sounds as no big deal if you yourself will still open it up to your boyfriend that you are not legally married to. It is men that are not comfortable around other men. This is my first time of hearing a woman complaining about another.

Well, seems there is something you aint telling us. Its either you are just the decent type , or she has a banging body and you wish you had it. If she can be naked in front of you, shows how you rate your own body. Both of you should go naked and leave me alone abge

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Sleekfingers: 11:00am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

She might be a nudist..

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Jhenny(f): 11:01am On May 19, 2022
But she is not complaining over 'everything' as you stated. Just 'one' thing she does and she is not comfortable with it.

@OP, I clearly understand how you feel, I despise it with everything in me to see another person's nudity whether male or female and I will never understand why some ladies think it's cool to go around naked just because they share room with a woman. I find it very disturbing.

My little cousin once stayed with me and she was almost like this, she dresses provocatively indoors, goes naked anytime she liked just because she shared room with me and I told her clearly that if she wants to stay long with me, she needs to learn to dress properly and cover up because I don't need to see her nudity, it disgust me and she took correction.

In your case, it is different because you both paid for the room, either you talk to her and let her know how uncomfortable she makes you feel by always walking around naked or just endure till you get money for your own space

And for those who see nothing wrong with it. You can go nude whenever you like but please make sure you live alone. Not everyone is comfortable with that nonsense.

Chidi2022:
Sometimes, learn to over look some things...
Don't always complain over every and all...
If you were living in a face me i face you compound, and there is a neighbor who likes going about naked, shey you will overlook and endure.... please try and see it that way...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by harmony75: 11:02am On May 19, 2022
Make God provide for you to get another place of your own this is why I can't live with someone this is very uncomfortable and disgusting at least show some decency that person is not in your character.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by ManirBK: 11:04am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

No o. Not me. How will someone just come and open yansh in my presence and be going up and down the room.

If she does it and goes straight to bed, fine but she'll be up for some time like that before finally retiring to bed.
The first time I followed her to do it, it was straight to bed and I didn't get up again till Dawn.

Na wa o.
follow her to do what pls explain further
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Offixialsecret(m): 11:04am On May 19, 2022
Snap her nude send give me... No worry I go pay handsomely
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by gentlechyke(m): 11:05am On May 19, 2022
If I give you corrective approach now, you go pay? undecided. Well,
1. get acquainted to a male friend. Always go on a video call everynight with him. Before you engage on the call, let her know you're about to do a video call with opposite sex so she can cover properly.
2. Invite a male friend over more often.
3. Talk to her politely about how nudity is affecting your psychology...not being able to think straight when all that's in your head is her yansh and titties.
4. Change your curtains to something more transparent and fix 15watts energy saver bulbs to dispel every darkness.
5. Hope you have anointing oil? undecided tongue
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Nobody: 11:06am On May 19, 2022
If she doesn't sit on your bed unclad, you are good to go.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by StrongAlphMale: 11:07am On May 19, 2022
mrlycan:
I dont see why this is a problem. You are the type that feels the woman body should be adored.. Fine it should.. The same body you are asking her to cover up sounds as no big deal if you yourself will still open it up to your boyfriend that you are not legally married to. It is men that are not comfortable around other men. This is my first time of hearing a woman complaining about another.

Well, seems there is something you aint telling us. Its either you are just the decent type , or she has a banging body and you wish you had it. If she can be naked in front of you, shows how you rate your own body. Both of you should go naked and leave me alone abge

You have said it all comrade. There's something she's not telling us. Either she is a lesbian or something is missing. This is my first time of seeing a woman complaining about another woman's naked body. As if the body dey seduce her!
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Solatium(m): 11:10am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

Your Housemate is a lesbian trying to lure you, pẹlẹ ku iroju grin
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Nobody: 11:11am On May 19, 2022
Oh my God! She is indirectly telling you that she doesn't want you there, i have always been a warlord and that right there my dear is an act of war, so the solution:

1: Declare war in your mind ( if you want peace , prepare for war)

2: whenever she goes nude, start playing a loud music or singing aloud or do anything that will provoke her( get creative)

3: if she complains , tell her that you are not comfortable too with what she is doing and you will stop when she stops.( No humans no war)

Checkmate .
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Eben91: 11:14am On May 19, 2022
The next tym she naked bend down for ur front, carry something chuk am for dat her Nyash, by that tym she go get sense grin grin
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by mrlycan: 11:14am On May 19, 2022
But you can go naked having premarital sex...abeg leave forming...... The same unclothedness of your body that you see everyday is now doing u skoin skoin, tell us the truth, she get banging body. No dey lie

Jhenny:
But she is not complaining over 'everything' as you stated. Just 'one' thing she does and she is not comfortable with it.

@OP, I clearly understand how you feel, I despise it with everything in me to see another person's nudity whether male or female and I will never understand why some ladies think it's cool to go around naked just because they share room with a woman. I find it very disturbing.

My little cousin once stayed with me and she was almost like this, she dresses provocatively indoors, goes naked anytime she liked just because she shared room with me and I told her clearly that if she wants to stay long with me, she needs to learn to dress properly and cover up because I don't need to see her nudity, it disgust me and she took correction.

In your case, it is different because you both paid for the room, either you talk to her and let her know how uncomfortable she makes you feel by always walking around naked or just endure till you get money for your own space

And for those who see nothing wrong with it. You can go nude whenever you like but please make sure you live alone. Not everyone is comfortable with that nonsense.

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by engrfaruq(m): 11:15am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

I don't think I'll be able to tell her cos I believe she should know better especially as she's not a small girl like that.

Just thinking if I should get a mobile partition.

She might be doing it with no any ulterior motive, it could be a function of culture and or upbringing.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by mrlycan: 11:18am On May 19, 2022
You are right.. We are created differently. The same unclothedness that u see as a big deal... Some people ehn..........They see it as nothing.

engrfaruq:

She might be doing it with no any ulterior motive, it could be a function of culture and or upbringing.

1 Like

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by pocohantas(f): 11:20am On May 19, 2022
Shalommy:
Chaii... Nothing there to be scared of or are you not a female? Maybe, you're interested in her body. Hmm.. lipsrsealed

Some of us are actually put off by such and NO, we are not interested. I find it cringeworthy that anyone would harass my sight with his/her nudity. I HATE IT.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Nobody: 11:21am On May 19, 2022
Lari03r:
This is ridiculous.

It shows you have a crude mindset. You are both female and she chooses to be naked, that is her choice and if you don't want to see her naked, close your eyes.

As long she is not making advances towards you, learn to tolerate her. If you keep acting like a judge, you will have no friends or acquaintances.
Keep accepting things that make you uncomfortable in the name of friendship. You left the roommate that acts like she’s living in a school hostel and called the complainant crude? I think you should look up the meaning of the word.

What is so crude about wanting the next person to cover the Bleep up? These are sound like women not small kids in high school or university. What if she is overweight and has green varicose veins?

Smh.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 11:21am On May 19, 2022
Is she a lesbian?
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by Obnoxious2001(m): 11:21am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

Yes. A bed space was what I ended up getting as a matter of urgency.
Talk to here jokingly about it first.

I used to have this opposite door neighbors (they where girls) they change their cloths naked, they are not bothered even if the doors where open or closed and they where not concerned.

They just made the whole thing look normal, so we just adapted, so after some time they changed after my neighbor who was not aware such thing happen paid me a visit and was about to leave grin.
Baba closed the door back and was in shock.

That was how they stopped smiley
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by mrlycan: 11:22am On May 19, 2022
Put off....I don't get it..Why? She has all you have..So whats putting you off... Maybe you are a religious person. if thats the case.....Case closed

pocohantas:

Some of us are actually put off by such and NO, we are not interested. I find it cringeworthy that anyone would harass my sight with his/her nudity. I HATE IT.
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by JONSYN7154: 11:22am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

OP, what is waaaa??
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by SocialJustice: 11:22am On May 19, 2022
Channah1:

What do you think, fam.?

I think you are mad and should mind your business or leave the apartment. If person no fit be herself for her house, where else do you expect her to be herself?
Re: This Is Why Ive Been Avoiding A Shared Apartment. How Can I Handle This? by pocohantas(f): 11:23am On May 19, 2022
dalass:
If you were in the boarding house before this, you'd have been used to it.

You'll get used to her

I was in the boarding house and I am still not used to it. I would never be used to it.

mrlycan:
Put off....I don't get it..Why? She has all you have..So whats putting you off... Maybe you are a religious person. if thats the case.....Case closed

You don’t need to get WHY, neither is it religious. You are not me and I am not you. Keep your nudity to your personal space. Do not IMPOSE it on me. It is that simple.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Behold, The Controversial Most Expensive Building In Abuja / Proper Analysis Of Design And Cost Of A Foundation Design For Bungalows / I Cried When I Entered The Houses Of Billionaires In Lekki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.