Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva (29866 Views)

Picture Of The Russian Ship 'Moskva' Destroyed By Ukrainian Missiles / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike / Tim Boyd: Texas Mayor Resigns Over Power Failure And Facebook Post (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Lovelife433(m): 4:46pm On May 19, 2022
Why can't Mr Putin declare full war on dis Ukraine for war sake? How long will you continue to play with dis issues of Ukraine?
Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 19, 2022
dedonfranco:
Mr Nonsense.....

No wonder He doesn't have a wife

Buhari should learn from Putin
Who worst pass?
Like for Buhari. Share for Putin.

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Randy111(m): 4:51pm On May 19, 2022
If Putin likes let him suspend the whole of Russia. But let him just understand that God will soon suspend him for being unfair to humanity

3 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by nedekid: 4:54pm On May 19, 2022
That's how it is done. No reward for failure.
Unlike our own that people will fail, he will keep them there as decoration while the country is sinking.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by seunjungle1(m): 4:57pm On May 19, 2022
So that you can use that data to attack me on Tinubu and Osibande issue..
I'm Batified already!

Only if you can promise that you won't use it to attack me

Blessedofchrist:
Please great Nairalander sub for me

MTN
(
Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by bonechamberlain(m): 4:59pm On May 19, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Leave them, Russia capturing cities like ants capture sugar. Do you know Visa and Mastercard are working in Russia as i type? Propagandizers gonna propagate.
Europe is bleeding due to this crisis and I am sure all those grandstanding by Europeans are just to save face. They badly need the war to end and end the self inflicted injury on their economies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 19, 2022
seunjungle1:
So that you can use that data to attack me on Tinubu and Osibande issue..
I'm Batified already!

Only if you can promise that you won't use it to attack me

I won't
Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by ecomalchemist(m): 5:02pm On May 19, 2022
P U T I N.

I'd be giving out the Gadget importation Guide from USA for free.

This report is for those looking for a side hustle or financial freedom // someone who wants to start laptops and mobile phones importation business but do not know how to go about it.

Do well to reach me via the number on my sig

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Drenimarcus(m): 5:03pm On May 19, 2022
bonechamberlain:
Europe is bleeding due to this crisis and I am sure all those grandstanding by Europeans are just to save face. They badly need the war to end and end the self inflicted injury on their economies.

The EU is trying to find a way to save face and not make it look like they lost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by edosignature(m): 5:07pm On May 19, 2022
Napoleon tried to conquer Russia but failed, Hitler tried but failed. NATO too would try and also fail.

Glory to Russia!

God bless mother Russia !!
God bless & protect Vladimir Putin !!!

Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Igbofam: 5:08pm On May 19, 2022
Drenimarcus:
Lmao. Well gotta give the ignoramuses the "doublethink" tea to drink.

The Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces Gerasimov and the Chairman of the Committee of Chiefs of Staff of the US Armed Forces Millie had a telephone conversation. The generals discussed a number of issues, including the situation in Ukraine, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.

The conversation was initiated by the American side.

First they call Shoigu, now Gerasimov. Is Ukraine really winning?

I just knew this dumb ass topic will enter front page.

Yes it was initiated by the American side but Gerasimov said and I quote

"MOSCOW WILL NOT SURRENDER IN UKRAINE"

Why use the term Surrender? I thought it was Ukraine that was meant to Surrender grin

This simply shows that they are now on the defensive and Ukraine on the offensive wouldn't you say so? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by chopnaira: 5:08pm On May 19, 2022
Lovelife433:
Why can't Mr Putin declare full war on dis Ukraine for war sake? How long will you continue to play with dis issues of Ukraine?
So they were playing love games before cheesy
Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by frog12: 5:09pm On May 19, 2022
but how did the UK get this information when it is not public information ?

zelensky tell us 250 surrender in azovstal now we find out about 1750 ukrainians surrender. we know who is lying

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Gambit1(f): 5:11pm On May 19, 2022
Drenimarcus:

The Chief of the General Staff of the Russian Armed Forces Gerasimov and the Chairman of the Committee of Chiefs of Staff of the US Armed Forces Millie had a telephone conversation. The generals discussed a number of issues, including the situation in Ukraine, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.

I don't know if you people are sick or just retarde..d. Someone is killing innocent people and you're supporting him like a f.oo.l.

The calamities befalling the people of Ukraine will soon fall upon you. Idi.ot

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Lexusgs430: 5:11pm On May 19, 2022
I thought they said, it was not destroyed by a couple of precision guided missiles............ cheesy

Putin and Russia, are paying a VERY heavy price for failure........

Billions spent, lives lost, tanks lost etc etc .......

Was it worth all this ............
Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by able20(m): 5:16pm On May 19, 2022
KillerCrocodile:
These guys are lucky Putin was in a good mood.

If not, he would have ordered their Assassination.

He is a Bloody Murderer.
How I wish Nigeria has a no nonsense leader like Putin, the Accountant General of the federal wouldn't have stolen 80 Billion naira
Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Pastorsmile: 5:22pm On May 19, 2022
Russia can annihilates, USA, Germany, France and the whole of NATO countries in 3 days!
Putin is the strongest Man that ever lived since God created the world and will be forever. Putin may not even die.
Hahaha!
Super power indeed!

4 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Igbofam2: 5:25pm On May 19, 2022
able20:

How I wish Nigeria has a no nonsense leader like Putin, the Accountant General of the federal wouldn't have stolen 80 Billion naira

With all the corruption in Russia which ranks them as the most corrupt country in europe and with the way their Oligarchs loot the country silly you still say this?
Putin is one of the most corrupt humans alive and he does not give a damn about corruption. Even their military which he directly oversees is overflowing with corruption and looting.

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Igbofam2: 5:26pm On May 19, 2022
Pastorsmile:
Russia can annihilates, USA, Germany, France and the whole of NATO countries in 3 days!
Putin is the strongest Man that ever lived since God created the world and will be forever. Putin may not even die.
Hahaha!
Super power indeed!

He is closer to his grave than you clearly are to sense

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by lawrenzooo: 5:27pm On May 19, 2022
This is not looking good for Putin. Am sure he would bounce back. Putin is just a man trying to protect his own country....

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by texazzpete(m): 5:30pm On May 19, 2022
Drenimarcus:

“Vladimir Putin had eggs for breakfast. Is Ukraine really winning?”

This is the level of discourse you Putin cultists have sunk to. So Americans can’t call the Russian leadership to call off their pointless invasion?

That’s how you people denied the sinking of Moskva. Until the Russians confirmed it.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by bakar007: 5:31pm On May 19, 2022
Igbofam2:
Vladimir Putin has suspended two senior commanders over Russia's failure to capture Kharkiv and the sinking of Black Sea Fleet flagship Moskva, during the Ukraine invasion

Russia has fired senior commanders who are considered to have performed poorly during the early stages of the Ukraine invasion, according to British intelligence.

Vladimir Putin is said to have axed two of his military leaders in relation to the failure to capture second city Kharkiv as well as the sinking of Moscow's flagship Moskva.

Lieutenant General Serhiy Kisel, who commanded the elite 1st Guards Tank Army, has been suspended, as has Vice Admiral Igor Osipov, who commanded Russia ’s Black Sea Fleet.

Russian Chief of the General Staff Valeriy Gerasimov, meanwhile, likely remains in a post, but it is unclear whether he "retains the confidence of President Putin", the intelligence says.

A statement from the Ministry of Defence adds: "A culture of coverups and scapegoating is probably prevalent within the Russian military and security system.

"Many officials involved in the invasion of Ukraine will likely be increasingly distracted by efforts to avoid personal culpability for Russia’s operational setbacks."

The 510-crew missile Moskva ship was struck by two Ukrainian missiles and was a major military blow for Russia.

Putin's nation still refuses to acknowledge that dozens and even hundreds of missing sailors on the ship are dead after it sank on April 14

Kharkiv fell early during the war but in recent weeks, Russian forces have abandoned the area around the city.

"We have some success in these directions," Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky's Chief of Staff Andriy Yermak told MSNBC this week.

It came as invaders across the country were forced to completely change tact after struggling to gain a central foothold as it moved in on Kyiv.

The capital city has always held firm and Kremlin fighters were eventually ordered to withdraw from the region to focus on the southeast.

However, despite several weeks of further bloody conflict on the new main front in the Donbas border region - which Moscow claims on behalf of separatists - it has made little headway.

Where Putin has seen rare success, is in Mariupol.

After months of daily shell attacks leaving the southern strategic port city almost completely in ruins, 700 Ukrainian fighters have this week surrendered allowing Russia to shore up control.

Kyiv has ordered its garrison in Mariupol to stand down, but the ultimate outcome of Europe's bloodiest battle for decades remains unresolved.

Moscow says it is engaged in a "special military operation" to demilitarise and "denazify" its neighbour.

The West and Kyiv call that a false pretext for invasion.

Around Slovyansk to the north of Donetsk, in the Donbas, Russian forces "suffered significant losses" around the settlement of Velyka Komyshuvakha, according to reports.

Ukrainian forces shelled a border village in Russia's western region of Kursk at dawn on Thursday, killing at least one civilian, regional Russian Governor Roman Starovoit said.

Ukrainian presidential adviser Oleksiy Arestovych said Ukrainian saboteurs had blown up railway tracks ahead of an armoured train carrying Russian troops in the occupied southern city of Melitopol.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/breaking-vladimir-putin-suspends-two-27004929.amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/5/19/finland-against-hosting-nuclear-weapons-nato-military-bases-pm

Why try to join NATO in the first place ? Just Politicians selling the citizens for US interest.
Anyway Turkey and Croatia already opposing them joining.
Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Yankee101: 5:31pm On May 19, 2022
You won't understand the value of freedom till you lose it
Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by alcuin(m): 5:31pm On May 19, 2022
Seun and the mods.

Please try and confirm news before moving to front page na.

This forum is losing credibility.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Etimemy: 5:35pm On May 19, 2022
This war is not profitable to Putin by anyway
Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by agabaI23(m): 5:36pm On May 19, 2022
KillerCrocodile:
These guys are lucky Putin was in a good mood.

If not, he would have ordered their Assassination.

He is a Bloody Murderer.
Are you sure they will not die slowly from Polonium poisoning?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by able20(m): 5:41pm On May 19, 2022
Igbofam2:

With all the corruption in Russia which ranks them as the most corrupt country in europe and with the way their Oligarchs loot the country silly you still say this?
Putin is one of the most corrupt humans alive and he does not give a damn about corruption. Even their military which he directly oversees is overflowing with corruption and looting.
Love him or hate him Putin has built a security system round his country, no country can toy with. Leaders of Nigeria, even the president cannot sleep with his 2 eyes closed.
Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by goodheart01: 5:41pm On May 19, 2022
WiszyFraud:
Propaganda has done more harm than the war itself at this stage..

lipsrsealed

Do u people ever get tired of the word propaganda??

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin Suspends Two Generals After Kharkiv Failure And Sinking Of Moskva by Igbofam2: 5:41pm On May 19, 2022
bakar007:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2022/5/19/finland-against-hosting-nuclear-weapons-nato-military-bases-pm

Why try to join NATO in the first place ? Just Politicians selling the citizens for US interest.
Anyway Turkey and Croatia already opposing them joining.

Why do the same politicians not embrace Russia if Russia is a bed of roses for them?

Why would basically almost all of Europe find solace in each other except with Russia if Russia was such a great and warm hearted country?

This is not a USA issue but a Russian problem. They destroy relationships and then try to make it look like you are the one to blame.

Croatia cannot oppose Finland or Sweden from Joining NATO. Their President is the one saying he would direct their ambassador to oppose it but ironically their President has no such power or business to interfere with NATO or her decisions.

The decision is made by the North Atlantic Council, which consists of ambassadors from the 30 member states.

In essence he cannot instruct his Ambassador to do anything as that is against the laws governing NATO.

His opinion is therefore Useless.

Regarding Turkey it's just a diplomatic problem regarding the Kurds and weapons they want from USA and possible lifting of some sanctions placed on them.

That would also be resolved diplomatically. So don't worry too much smiley wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boris Johnson Under Fire For 'Confused' Lockdown Strategy Speech / Woman Fired For Flipping Off Donald Trump's Motorcade / Suicide Blast At A Wedding Reception In Afghanistan, 63 Killed, 182 Wounded

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.