Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,451 members, 7,861,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:17 AM

Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO (39628 Views)

Tayyip Erdogan: Turkey Will Never Let Finland & Sweden Join NATO / Russia To Finland, Sweden: We Will Deploy Nukes To The Baltics If You Join NATO / Russian Official Warns Finland, Sweden Against Joining NATO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by sunboy(m): 8:19pm On May 20, 2022
slivertongue:
Russia pretending to be USSR. Very soon Russia eyes go clear

You’re part of the problem. I don’t see how they are being USSR by protecting their interest just like Isreal is doing, Turkey is doing, US is doing, every country will do same.

Let China try to get into military alliance with Mexico and see what will happen. Even Solomon island that’s far away, China has already been warned about such plans and that it could trigger the r invasion of Solomon island.
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by bakar007: 8:26pm On May 20, 2022
Rebelutionary:

Oga, I am happy we are getting somewhere since you have no response to all others I said!
What you posted has been proven to be an afterthought so folks who believe "Almighty Russia" will wipe out Ukraine from the World Map!

Russia came in with a maximalist agenda to "eat up Ukraine but after realising it wasn't going to be a walk in the park, to save face she has chosen to take a piece and fight another day!

I will keep telling you this even though I know you it but wont admit it!

Ukraine was "lost" Finland/Sweden was gained! Same goal achieved! This has nothing to do with the stale "Western media propaganda" ish! #Fact

Win or Lose: Russia has lost!

Its been nice doing the back and forth with you!

Russia got the Donbass and southern UKRAINE How's that a lost ?lol

Finland and Sweden NATO membership is not certain with turkey opposition .

Finland and Sweden already insisting even if the join NATO they don't want NATO bases or military hardware in their territory cause they want to keep relationship with Russia unlike Ukraine wanting to join NATO to confront Russia .

Ukraine is the loser here , NATO resources wasted after spending billions training and funding the Ukranian military since 2014, all investment lost ,no NATO for UKRAINE ever I mean ever , why NATO aren't scared why not accept UKRAINE bid lol , Finland and Sweden wouldn't make much impact as compare to Ukraine if you actually understand how large the bordering between Russia and Ukraine is and the strategic positioning of UKRAINE. Russia has both Finland and Sweden circle both through land and the Baltic sea, they re not much of a threat as compare to Ukraine. Today if Russia attack these states NATO would only continue same path of proxy war yet cannot confront Russia directly cos they know the end game.
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by REALretep(m): 9:44pm On May 20, 2022
InoGetJoy:

I understand. I just wish Zellenskyy will understand how the West is using him to get at Russia. Have you noticed that any time it seems Russia and Ukraine are arriving at a truce, one western leader or another will travel to Ukraine and promise assistance to Zellensky and he'll continue fighting?
Well...that's true
But on the other hand, you are making it sound as if Zelensky and indeed all Ukrainians don't know what they want. They are not zombies bro.
They obviously prefer being the puppet of the West than the puppet of Russia.
Russia is like a bully big brother while the West is a 'friendly' big friend
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by InoGetJoy: 10:54pm On May 20, 2022
REALretep:
Well...that's true
But on the other hand, you are making it sound as if Zelensky and indeed all Ukrainians don't know what they want. They are not zombies bro.
They obviously prefer being the puppet of the West than the puppet of Russia.
Russia is like a bully big brother while the West is a 'friendly' big friend
lolz....I like how you added "friendly" in quotes

1 Like

Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by salem1996: 11:12pm On May 20, 2022
slivertongue:

Well am well informed. Russia must know that we are in post USSR, invading Ukraine today doesn't guarantee tommorow's peace. The measure Russia adopted earlier could have worked, though it failed in 2014. Russia should have continued the pursuit of regime change in Ukraine. I don't need NL to keep up.

Exactly the point.

That's y I don't even think Russia is trying to fight Ukraine. The west are the ones fuelling the whole stuff due to power rivalry. Ukraine just happen to be a nation where two animals are using to show might.

Just wish there is a way to avoid the war in totality or let US and Russia do it to themselves and leave the dear Ukraine alone.
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by Godsownfc(m): 8:45am On May 21, 2022
Ukrainian war had taught him a lesson
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by Karnice600: 8:59am On May 21, 2022
alabo1:

Go and read you will not. Finland and Sweden in NATO pose no threat unless strategic missiles are deployed there. Ukraine poses a major threat due to its geographical location and Russian previous experiences with invasions. You Western BOTS will never read only get your information from CNN

Awon Putin goal post shifters. E happen like this, you talk like that. E happen like that, you talk like this. Just by the reopening of various embassies in Kiev, a 10 year old will know the side that is woefully failing to achieve her aim in this unprovoked war.., But you guys have decided to be....
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by Andres28(m): 1:48pm On May 21, 2022
LEXYLOV:
illiterates are so many in this forum. Putin has no interest in Sweden or Finland becoming Nato member, they are two different people and no posing as a threat to Russia. Russian is not fighting ukraine even with his 30% capabilities, if it does by now, ukraine would have been finished, not by nuclear. BELIEVE IT or not, only 3 or 4 units of sarmat or iskander battalions can wipe entired western europe out of map, talkless of other icbm nuclear war head missiles russia possess in thousand, entire europe plus your almighty America airforces can not bombed half of russia to rubbles without losing all their fighter aircraffts in the hands of russia new s-300, 400 and 500 sophisticated air defences, russia possess dangerous submarines more than nato, and they have thousands of anti sub and and aircraft carriers missiles that can desrtoy them in a minutes. final point but not the bottom of the list, nato and usa forces entirely depends on electronics warfare, gprs, awac, navigation etc in orbit, russian is the only country in the world that has the system to bring their military satellite down and render their movements and equipment useless. USA AND NATO KNOWS BETTER THAN YOU NOVICES IN NAIRALAND.

Mumu was the moskva ship that was carrying an air defense missile not sanked by a snail moving Neptune missile.....just shut the 4ck up cos you know nothing about military and warfare.
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by alabo1: 5:21pm On May 21, 2022
Karnice600:

Awon Putin goal post shifters. E happen like this, you talk like that. E happen like that, you talk like this. Just by the reopening of various embassies in Kiev, a 10 year old will know the side that is woefully failing to achieve her aim in this unprovoked war.., But you guys have decided to be....
You don't have a mind of your own. You are product of media control. I have stated concrete things. Why not give a sound counter statement so I can also maybe reason. Because you guys are empty and all your information comes from CNN and co you have nothing concrete to discuss once you are challenged at even the basic level. Go and sleep. You have an infantile understanding of Geo politics
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by Karnice600: 10:07pm On May 21, 2022
alabo1:

You don't have a mind of your own. You are product of media control. I have stated concrete things. Why not give a sound counter statement so I can also maybe reason. Because you guys are empty and all your information comes from CNN and co you have nothing concrete to discuss once you are challenged at even the basic level. Go and sleep. You have an infantile understanding of Geo politics

Lmao. No be only concrete, na gravels. You no dey get your own news from the media abi, since you dey report live from Mariupol. Yeye.
Anyway I do appreciate your most efforts in trying very hard to make sense with huge confidence, even though it turned out clumsy.
Don't take it personal.
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by alabo1: 12:05am On May 22, 2022
Karnice600:

Lmao. No be only concrete, na gravels. You no dey get your own news from the media abi, since you dey report live from Mariupol. Yeye.
Anyway I do appreciate your most efforts in trying very hard to make sense with huge confidence, even though it turned out clumsy.
Don't take it personal.

Like I said. Clueless Western bots like you can never day anything concrete. What have you said now. Nonsense. For your information I don't care about the outcome of this event but as an intellectual which you are not I reason for myself and make objective analysis. Keep up in your ignorance
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by Karnice600: 4:50am On May 22, 2022
alabo1:

Like I said. Clueless Western bots like you can never day anything concrete. What have you said now. Nonsense. For your information I don't care about the outcome of this event but as an intellectual which you are not I reason for myself and make objective analysis. Keep up in your ignorance
You Intellectual?
Mehn...chai...smh
So Pathetic
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by Karnice600: 5:18am On May 22, 2022
bakar007:

Both Finland and Sweden saying they don't want NATO hardware nor warheads nor bases in their state which is a win win situation so why should Russia oppose ? Not that clown wanting UKRAINE to join NATO to then fight Russia. And again Turkey may not even let them join over sponsoring the PKK Kurds terror group.

You call that a win-win? That's crazy.
Finland shares border with Russia like Ukraine does, such instance that Putin refers to the Russian backyard and have threatened the Fins beforehand that joining NATO will be disastrous for them, shortly into the invasion of Ukraine... Now his tone has softened, his stance shifted and you call it a win win situation. Ukraine hadn't even signed up with NATO yet, before Putin pushed in to subdue Kiev. Now all that plan has changed, yielding a more resilient Ukraine, an isolated Russia, a more united NATO, an increased German military budget with two additions to NATO- one being a direct Russian neighbour, who defied Putin's threat to his face, and you call these a win-win situation.
I don't know why you Putin guys keep holding unto a sinking ship with strong sentiments, beclouding your perception of an obvious reality.
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by alabo1: 6:35am On May 22, 2022
Karnice600:

You Intellectual?
Mehn...chai...smh
So Pathetic
Prove me wrong with a reasonable counter argument you dolt
Re: Putin Signals Acceptance Of Finland, Sweden Joining NATO by alabo1: 6:39am On May 22, 2022
Karnice600:

You Intellectual?
Mehn...chai...smh
So Pathetic

I have gone through some of your posts and realised I will be doing myself a disservice by relating with you. Like I said continue in your ignorance level. Ignorance as they say is bliss. Have a nice day

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

F-35 Becomes World's First Stealth Fighter To Carry Nuclear Weapons (Photos) / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Multiple Deaths In Mass Shooting At San Jose Railyard. Shooter is dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.