Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,126 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? (30403 Views)

Which Bank App Has The Highest Transaction or Transfer Limit / Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions / Suspicious Transaction At A POS Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by McCoy662(m): 3:40pm On May 20, 2022
Good day my good people out there.
On February third this year, I got a message from GTBank that a GTBank account has been opened for me, with my account number. The message did not specify who, from where or why the account was opened for me. I tried to contact GTBank customer service but i got no reply from their WhatsApp number. Now this morning, I got a credit alert of ₦5 through GTB GAPS services from IJM INTEGRATED SERVICES LIMITED.
I've not heard about this very company before and all my google searches are not helping matters at all.
GTB GAPS i learnt processes funds that are paid in batches.... It's a kind of E-cheques.
So i really want to know if anyone received the same message or does anyone have any idea where this whole thing is coming from. Do i really need to report to the bank or just ignore?
Messages are sent to my small phone; i should have attached screenshots.

Admins pls help me push to fp

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by blazingblender(m): 3:41pm On May 20, 2022
.first thing you would have done as the account was opened in your name was to rush and clarify
Seriously this little things people don't take serious can damage one's life for a long period
My advice is you should go and clarify so in case anything happens no one will blame you
Do that now while you still have the chance

203 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by McCoy662(m): 3:46pm On May 20, 2022
blazingblender:
.first thing you would have done as the account was opened in your name was to rush and clarify
Seriously this little things people don't take serious can damage one's life for a long period
My advice is you should go and clarify so in case anything happens no one will blame you
Do that now while you still have the chance
Ok, thanks

3 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Zonefree(m): 3:46pm On May 20, 2022
I got similar one too from FCMB.

They sent me password for Account Creation and said it expires in 5 minutes.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Pierohandsome: 3:54pm On May 20, 2022
That is an insider from Gtb doing that. He is stealing money from other customers account into that account and withdrawing it.

A criminal in Polaris bank did same with my details around last year. I have to report to the manager of one of the Polaris branches I use in Ph , I wrote a letter of closure ,and the account was closed.

Go to Gtb and ask them to block the account. First ,and write a letter of closure

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by obiekunie01: 5:01pm On May 20, 2022
Pierohandsome:
That is an insider from Gtb doing that. He is stealing money from other customers account into that account and withdrawing it.

A criminal in Polaris bank did same with my details around last year. I have to report to the manager of one of the Polaris branches I use in Ph , I wrote a letter of closure ,and the account was closed.

Go to Gtb and ask them to block the account. First ,and write a letter of closure

@ McCoy662

implement this advice fast or you will find your ass in prison for 12 yrs for money wey you no chop!

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by McCoy662(m): 5:02pm On May 20, 2022
obiekunie01:

@ McCoy662

implement this advice fast or you will find your ass in prison for 12 yrs for money wey you no chop!
Thanks man

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by MortySmith: 6:56pm On May 20, 2022
Zonefree:

You are absolutely correct. I received the exact text too few days ago & this evening too.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by beautyhd: 7:04pm On May 20, 2022
I’ve received similar message from GT bank, stating my details,I just ignored the message since I don’t have account with them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Terrence99: 7:57pm On May 20, 2022
beautyhd:
I’ve received similar message from GT bank, stating my details,I just ignored the message since I don’t have account with them.

An account has been opened in your name. One day, they will use it for crime and you will go to jail for something you are innocent of.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by chaseblack(m): 8:39pm On May 20, 2022
You better be proactive

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Lamasta(m): 8:47pm On May 20, 2022
Terrence99:

An account has been opened in your name. One day, they will use it for crime and you will go to jail for something you are innocent of.
How is that possible when you have no connection with GTB in the first place?

8 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by MideMrPossible: 8:50pm On May 20, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Terrence99: 8:52pm On May 20, 2022
Lamasta:

How is that possible when you have no connection with GTB in the first place?

With your BVN supplied, your signature forged, your correct KYC details provided, you will have an uphill task proving that you have no connections with GTB. Meanwhile, you will be proving this behind bars.

75 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Lamasta(m): 8:56pm On May 20, 2022
Terrence99:

With your BVN supplied, your signature forged, your correct KYC details provided, you will have an uphill task proving that you have no connections with GTB. Meanwhile, you will be proving this behind bars.

Supplied by who

17 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by dragnet001: 9:08pm On May 20, 2022
I had a similar experience two weeks ago with Wema bank. Below is the message I got.

Hi TOBI,
We are happy to have you onboard! Congratulations, your account number is 02*8*1*5*.
Please login to ALAT to start transacting.

Mind you, my name is nothing close to Tobi neither are mine from the west. What I think here is that my phone number was used to open an account. I might be wrong though

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Terrence99: 9:08pm On May 20, 2022
Lamasta:

Supplied by who

Before, with your account number, they could trace your BVN but today, with only your phone number, they can get your BVN.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Lamasta(m): 9:13pm On May 20, 2022
Terrence99:

Before, with your account number, they could trace your BVN but today, with only your phone number, they can get your BVN.
Can they also get your signature too Cos I know account cannot be opened in proxy and operated in proxy

9 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Terrence99: 9:17pm On May 20, 2022
Lamasta:

Can they also get your signature too Cos I know account cannot be opened in proxy and operated in proxy

What is hard in forging signatures or using your initials?
There is this CBN loan disbursed by one FG Mfb. They open accounts with people's info and use it to apply for loan.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by brandnprinting: 10:08pm On May 20, 2022
Lamasta:

Supplied by who

This one still dey speak English

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by LogicBomb8: 10:18pm On May 20, 2022
Run oh b4 wetin you no do begin do you

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Mentorkaryhm(m): 10:26pm On May 20, 2022
Mine was Access Bank. I got the opening account message with the account numbers in my name on Friday. I first called their customers care to give me details of how the account was opened, and later went to one of their in Ikeja on Monday and it was there I was told that the account was opened in somewhere in Ogun state. Instantly, I blocked it ..
No time to tell stories behind bars in Jesus name

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by nekejinsi(m): 10:30pm On May 20, 2022
Same with me, just that mine happen 1 month ago and I have exhausted their email platform for the account to be closed and also the middle name of the said account is not mine. I complained also to their customer service( on air and also via counter), still I keep receiving debit and credit alert from that account, am always pissed off when I open my mail just to see those alerts in it. Mind you I have exhausted their mail, customer service
explaining my predicament to them. I will ensure by next week to meet with one of their branch manager for the said account to be closed..
dragnet001:
I had a similar experience two weeks ago with Wema bank. Below is the message I got.

Hi TOBI,
We are happy to have you onboard! Congratulations, your account number is 02*8*1*5*.
Please login to ALAT to start transacting.

Mind you, my name is nothing close to Tobi neither are mine from the west. What I think here is that my phone number was used to open an account. I might be wrong though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by adeoyekay(m): 11:11pm On May 20, 2022
Same thing happening to me, mine is uba I guessed someone mistakenly used my phone number for opening account.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Michael1111: 3:52am On May 21, 2022
� FOR SALE �

Uncompleted (3bed/flat ) Bungalow building with 4 toilets& bath room on a full plot of land at Obada Dubai estate.
Level: Already Roofed.
Documents: Land agreement & Land reciept�
Asking price: 4.5m
Video available if you request.
*� Call: 08126409362 ,WhatsApp:- 07068339261 �*
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Gadafii: 6:01am On May 21, 2022
Why didn't you walk into any GTB office and complain when you didn't get response from their WhatsApp?

Go to their branch offices and ask question, no be everything una suppose dey open threads fo, this common sense

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by damtan(m): 6:28am On May 21, 2022
You ask too many questions. Don't be non-chalant. Alot of innocents are presently in prison. Take the advice and do the needful. Except you have a lot of money to spend few years to come for a crime yoi know nothing about. The choice is yours
Lamasta:

Supplied by who

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by immortalmortal: 6:53am On May 21, 2022
Zonefree:

I got this too. Like 2 days ago

6 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by dayleke: 7:10am On May 21, 2022
NNkan mbe o.

Is this a new format now?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Paulyaweh(m): 8:02am On May 21, 2022
Most of these accounts is just marketers trying to meet target.
When they give one human target of opening 600 accounts month.
Those guys forge numbers and name to meet up.
Sometimes the number may match you own that's why you'll get those notification but the name on the account will be different..
Mad people

53 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by nasonaso: 8:24am On May 21, 2022
Eyaah. Msrketers given target. It is well

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Satan01(m): 9:10am On May 21, 2022
G.boyz can't help una open account again ,,una go call am scam

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

People Are Wicked.....retailers Are Killing Us / BUA Moves To Crash Cement Price To N3,500 After Meeting Tinubu / How Were You Able To Start & Grow Your Business To Profitability?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.