Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? (30448 Views)

Which Bank App Has The Highest Transaction or Transfer Limit / Western Union Flagged Me For Suspicious Transactions / Suspicious Transaction At A POS Center (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Larrykaysail(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:
Good day my good people out there.
On February third this year, I got a message from GTBank that a GTBank account has been opened for me, with my account number. The message did not specify who, from where or why the account was opened for me. I tried to contact GTBank customer service but i got no reply from their WhatsApp number. Now this morning, I got a credit alert of ₦5 through GTB GAPS services from IJM INTEGRATED SERVICES LIMITED.
I've not heard about this very company before and all my google searches are not helping matters at all.
GTB GAPS i learnt processes funds that are paid in batches.... It's a kind of E-cheques.
So i really want to know if anyone received the same message or does anyone have any idea where this whole thing is coming from. Do i really need to report to the bank or just ignore?
Messages are sent to my small phone; i should have attached screenshots.

Admins pls help me push to fp
You will be 100% responsible to pay for this crime if you don't report and clear yourself ,
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Faiththatworks(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2022
If you have ever dropped your details for any of these apps especially those loan apps which ask for all your personal details including bvn and utility bill,u have to be very careful.
They have all the details they need to open a bank very easily.
Go the bank and make a complain,before it's too late
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by lomprico(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:
On February third this year, I got a message from GTBank that a GTBank account has been opened for me, with my account number. The message did not specify who, from where or why the account was opened for me. I tried to contact GTBank customer service but i got no reply from their WhatsApp number. Now this morning, I got a credit alert of ₦5 through GTB GAPS services from IJM INTEGRATED SERVICES LIMITED.
I've not heard about this very company before and all my google searches are not helping matters at all.
GTB GAPS i learnt processes funds that are paid in batches.... It's a kind of E-cheques.
So i really want to know if anyone received the same message or does anyone have any idea where this whole thing is coming from. Do i really need to report to the bank or just ignore?

Keep playing along untill Dem move that 80 billion enter the account then efcc go come carry you. Then your eyes go clear
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Sadheart(m): 2:21pm On May 22, 2022
MortySmith:
You are absolutely correct. I received the exact text too few days ago & this evening too.
Me too... I reported the issue to their Twitter customer service handle. They told me to ignore it and also not to share it with anyone..
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by MansoryMX(m): 2:21pm On May 22, 2022
Terrence99:

With your BVN supplied, your signature forged, your correct KYC details provided, you will have an uphill task proving that you have no connections with GTB. Meanwhile, you will be proving this behind bars.

Some of you think it’s that easy to just put someone behind bars just like that. I have similar experience with FCMB. I think someone or their staff opened an account in my name. Let them come and arrest me! Here is a little expose of what I will do to them. I will take them to court, they will provide my signature, cctv clips of me inside any of their bank, documents showing I initiate and sign any transaction I am accused of and a lot more I won’t share with you. Then when they can’t provide any! I am hitting them with a defamation of character and damage lawsuit of N750 million naira! Half of the money to be shared by any 10 lawyers who take up my cases.

Before you arrest anyone make sure you have evidence! Else you just set trap for yourself if the person takes you to court for defamation and damages!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by richmanrichard: 2:27pm On May 22, 2022
Zonefree:
I got similar one too from FCMB.

They sent me password for Account Creation and said it expires in 5 minutes.
I got that too last week
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by teemy(m): 2:27pm On May 22, 2022
Lamasta:

Supplied by who

in most KYC docs that loan apps collect, you supply your bvn and other details

When you registered your BVN, you provided lots of details that can be seen by any bank staff with access. With your BVN number, they get ALL your details. Ever guess how they can fill in all the details like your name and phone number correctly?

This is election season, lots of funny money will pass through the banks. They could need accounts to move and switch funds around. Just think about it, most of the current presidential aspirants have no chance at the post but they still spent their 100mil. What do you think? Fundung tinz without seeming to cross the donation watermark. cheesy

A bank created a new ATM card for me and when I got two alerts for card maintenance, I called and they reversed BOTH charges. I guess they didn't want me making noise about it. I mean, you have to physically be there to queue at the bank to activate a new card and then magically, I got a new card fully activated without stress. In-house fraud is common place in the banking sector now.

Protect yourself from being named wrongly.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by CharleyBright(m): 2:28pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

Someone (likely a staff) has just opened the account in your name for a future fraudulent transaction.
He has just transferred N5 into the account to test ground. You kéeping quiet and not raising alarm is an indication to him that u will go along with his scheme. He intends to make fraudulent transfer soon and contact you to help him withdraw it while both of you share the money at a certain percentage.
Account was opened in your name, you didn't talk. You got alert for money transfer into it, you didn't talk.
Continue to play along and not talk.
You are playing your ass along into jail.
You better raise alarm to exonerate you before alarm blow your yansh.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Deeprooted: 2:29pm On May 22, 2022
Paretomaster1:

Same here, hope it's not the bank doing this This one Many people received same message..

I think their marketers are trying so hard to meet the unrealistic target they give them.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Risentouch(m): 2:36pm On May 22, 2022
Zonefree:

Same thing with me yesterday.
What do you think?
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by mmsen: 2:40pm On May 22, 2022
GTB do a lot of nonsense. They were sending me someone else's statement for over a year.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by madgoat(m): 2:47pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

When u come out of prison after about 30 years due to a crime u knew nothing about, we may not know because nairaland may not be existing by then for u to post on grin
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Cutehector(m): 2:51pm On May 22, 2022
dragnet001:
I had a similar experience two weeks ago with Wema bank. Below is the message I got.

Hi TOBI,
We are happy to have you onboard! Congratulations, your account number is 02*8*1*5*.
Please login to ALAT to start transacting.

Mind you, my name is nothing close to Tobi neither are mine from the west. What I think here is that my phone number was used to open an account. I might be wrong though
same here..
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by philkay(m): 2:54pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

The company exist, there are two directors in the company and it was recently registered, if you need more details about the company, I can give you
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Thacutegemini: 2:55pm On May 22, 2022
I opened an account recon uba online but my account balance is still showing unavailable balance
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Balofariojames: 3:01pm On May 22, 2022
If open for me, I will not bother for this reasons
1. They can't get my pic
2. My signature wouldn't match I know and they use initial, other bank account of my didn't not initial signs
3. My place of residence will proof it wrong
4. My next of kin etc.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by pacespot(m): 3:03pm On May 22, 2022
I fear bankers a lot these day, only a fool will not be.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by MyExpression(m): 3:03pm On May 22, 2022
Pierohandsome:
That is an insider from Gtb doing that. He is stealing money from other customers account into that account and withdrawing it.

A criminal in Polaris bank did same with my details around last year. I have to report to the manager of one of the Polaris branches I use in Ph , I wrote a letter of closure ,and the account was closed.

Go to Gtb and ask them to block the account. First ,and write a letter of closure

These bankers have gone rogue ooo.

Access and Keystone did same thing to me.

I go go check am out tomorrow.

Thanks for the update
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Paretomaster1(m): 3:10pm On May 22, 2022
Deeprooted:

I think their marketers are trying so hard to meet the unrealistic target they give them.

I was actually expecting one mugu to call, and ask me to send the code, as I didn't hear from anyone, I delete it right away...

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by opius: 3:15pm On May 22, 2022
Act fast before they borrow money in your name.. they opened account in your name without your consent and you're here asking if you could play along.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by airsaylongcome: 3:29pm On May 22, 2022
Terrence99:

What is hard in forging signatures or using your initials?
There is this CBN loan disbursed by one FG Mfb. They open accounts with people's info and use it to apply for loan.

Nirsal MFB
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Lamasta(m): 3:34pm On May 22, 2022
teemy:

in most KYC docs that loan apps collect, you supply your bvn and other details

When you registered your BVN, you provided lots of details that can be seen by any bank staff with access. With your BVN number, they get ALL your details. Ever guess how they can fill in all the details like your name and phone number correctly?

This is election season, lots of funny money will pass through the banks. They could need accounts to move and switch funds around. Just think about it, most of the current presidential aspirants have no chance in the post but they still spent their 100mil. What do you think? Fundung tinz without seeming to cross the donation watermark. cheesy

A bank created a new ATM card for me and when I got two alerts for card maintenance, I called and they reversed BOTH charges. I guess they didn't want me making noise about it. I mean, you have to physically be there to queue at the bank to activate a new card and then magically, I got a new card fully activated without stress. In-house fraud is common place in the banking sector now.

Protect yourself from being named wrongly.
I know there are lots of yahoo guys out now who are fraudulent.....

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Easymann: 3:35pm On May 22, 2022
McCoy662:

I received the message also,
What I did was to check the account number on GT Bank app and I discovered it belong to someone, I think all those behind it are doing it to get you to transfer money into it,

Again I suspect the company in charge of disbursing the N-power stipend, it could be their workers who has access to peoples details,

It's nothing to be scared of, just simply ignore and never engage.

1 Like

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Lamasta(m): 3:35pm On May 22, 2022
Balofariojames:
If open for me, I will not bother for this reasons
1. They can't get my pic
2. My signature wouldn't match I know and they use initial, other bank account of my didn't not initial signs
3. My place of residence will proof it wrong
4. My next of kin etc.
We are on the same page bro cool
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 3:37pm On May 22, 2022
Pierohandsome:
That is an insider from Gtb doing that. He is stealing money from other customers account into that account and withdrawing it.

A criminal in Polaris bank did same with my details around last year. I have to report to the manager of one of the Polaris branches I use in Ph , I wrote a letter of closure ,and the account was closed.

Go to Gtb and ask them to block the account. First ,and write a letter of closure
This is no need to write letter of closure since you didn't open the account, just write an account is open in your name and you are not the one that opened and you want it closed, have ti copies, let them acknowledged it and keep one copy for your reference.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by srclark: 3:38pm On May 22, 2022
paulGrundy:

It is not a suspicious Account. A marketer who is under pressure used your details to open an account inorder to meet Account opening target. The N5 is because you can't open an account without money in it. So he/she basically used N5 to open an account for you.
but this is so wrong banks need to check the activities of their staffs just the way one was collecting money from my elder aunty all in the name of savings , I was lucky my aunty told me cause my aunty was giving this woman cash I drove her to the bank branch and the lady was giving different excuses of not been in sit till she did the right stuff , especially all this ones that go from shop to shop trying to woe customers
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by wengerman: 3:40pm On May 22, 2022
What I see is hustling levels among bank marketers.they help each other in order to meet account opening target.it once happened to me ,a una marketer came to our farm to canvas for account opening from us with forms and I filled one.about the same time ,I just received a zenith bank alert about my new account number.i went to deposit 1k there and I found it was genuine.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by VERDA: 3:44pm On May 22, 2022
Lamasta:

Supplied by who

They are trying to educate you so you do the needful and prevent any stories in the future and you keep asking funny questions, when something bad happens, you guys start looking for who to blame.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Hamzashaf99(f): 3:53pm On May 22, 2022
Zonefree:

Same. I just used another bank's ATM card on their machine and then got the code. I can clearly remember declining to open an account with them.
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by Aremson14(m): 3:59pm On May 22, 2022
Currently experiencing same thing I have called gtbank severally.... next step is to write a mail to them
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by falcon01: 3:59pm On May 22, 2022
Risentouch:

Same thing with me yesterday.
What do you think?
OK this fcmb own is getting out of hand, I received a message too 3 days ago
Re: Should I Report This Suspicious Transaction Or Play Along?? by McCoy662(m): 4:08pm On May 22, 2022
Nyanabo:
I also got this from GTB
"Dear Customer, a Savings Acct: 0703264463 has been opened for you. Pls pay into this account to activate it, N1000 + VAT applies for your new DEBIT card." Though I'm yet to take any action due to my busy schedule.
Exactly the message I received in the first place

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Start A Transportation Business In Nigeria / Polaris Bank Reacts To Accusations Of Religious Intolerance / Why Can't The CBN Just Print More Money?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.