Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road (25236 Views)

Herdsmen Attack Plateau Villages On Christmas Eve, 112 Killed, 47 Injured / Photos Of Slain Bandits Off Abuja-Kaduna Road (Graphic) / 3 Terrorists Killed In Gun Battle With Soldiers While Planting Ieds (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by naptu2: 4:06pm On May 20, 2022
Kidnappings: Kaduna Mulls Relocating Communities ‘Harbouring Informants’

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna State has said the state government may relocate or clear three communities along Kaduna Abuja highway due to activities of informants in the areas.

The Communities identified are Rijana, Kateri and Akilibu villages all located along the major highway linking the state and federal capital territory.

According to the governor, most of the high profile kidnappings and abductions happen near these three dangerous spots.

He said there were concerns of informants residing in those communities were working for bandits.

El-Rufai, who made the statement during the presentation of first quarter security report for 2022 by the State Commissioner Ministry of Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan, said the concerns regarding these communities will be discussed with security agencies and members of his cabinet.

“We will either relocate or clear these three settlements along that road. We will discuss this in our cabinet meeting by looking at all the options including clearing these 3 settlements. This is because there are informants playing vital role in most of the crimes committed along that road,” he said.

El-Rufai also threatened to demolish any patent stores selling illicit drugs in the state, saying bandits and terrorists use these illicit drugs before attacking innocent citizens.

The governor said the deteriorating security situation in the North West is far worse than what the country experienced in North East because members of ISWAP and Boko Haram elements have moved to part of the state.

The Governor also said his administration is looking at the possibility of recruiting additional 1000 vigilantes too add to the already recruited 1000 vigilantes that were trained at the police command last year.

In his remarks, Commissioner Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan said 360 people were killed from January – March 2022 across the state. According to him, 305 were males, 45 females and 11 minors.

He said 1,389 residents were kidnapped, 350 males,420 females and 79 minors while 3251 cattle were rustled within the period under review. 41 bandits were killed by security agencies in different operations carried out while over 60 bandits were also neutralized through air strikes.

https://dailytrust.com/kidnappings-kaduna-mulls-relocating-communities-harbouring-informants

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by naptu2: 4:06pm On May 20, 2022
El-Rufai Confirms Ansaru’s Presence, To Relocate 3 Suspicious Settlements

By Mohammed I. Yaba
Fri, 20 May 2022 05:31:06 GMT

Governor Nasir el-Rufai of Kaduna State has confirmed the presence of Ansaru terrorists and other insurgents in the state.

He said the rising presence of Ansaru and Boko Haram terrorists in the state was responsible for the March 28 attack on the Abuja-Kaduna train in which nine people were killed and 62 others kidnapped.

The governor also said the state government might relocate or clear three communities: Rijana, Kateri and Akilibu, along the Kaduna-Abuja highway due to the activities of informants in the areas.

The governor said most of the high profile kidnappings happened near the communities, adding that there were concerns about informants residing in the areas and assisting the bandits.

El-Rufai spoke during the presentation of the first quarter security report for 2022 by the state’s Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Samuel Aruwan.

The governor said, “We will either relocate or clear these three settlements along that road. We will discuss this in our cabinet meeting by looking at all the options, including clearing these three settlements. This is because there are informants playing a vital role in most of the crimes committed along that road.”

El-Rufai also threatened to demolish any patent store selling illicit drugs in the state, saying bandits and terrorists were taking them before attacking citizens.

He further said the deteriorating security situation in the North West was far worse than what the country experienced in the North East because members of the Islamic State West Africa Province (ISWAP) and Boko Haram elements had moved into the state. The governor also said his administration was looking at the possibility of recruiting additional 1,000 vigilantes to add to the already recruited 1,000 that were trained at the police command last year to assist the security agencies in the fight against banditry.

He lamented that security agencies were overstretched and inadequate, hence the need to recruit more vigilantes.

In his remarks, Aruwan said 360 people, 305 males, 45 females and 11 minors, were killed between January and March 2022 across the state.

He said 1,389 others, 350 males, 420 females and 79 minors, were kidnapped, while 3,251 cattle were rustled within the period under review.

He added that 41 bandits were killed by security agencies in different operations carried out, while over 60 bandits were killed through airstrikes.

Daily Trust had reported that informants were aiding the abduction of travellers on the highway following the abduction of scores on Tuesday near Kurmin Kare Forest, close to Kateri village.

https://dailytrust.com/el-rufai-confirms-ansarus-presence-to-relocate-3-suspicious-settlements

1 Like 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by naptu2: 4:07pm On May 20, 2022
Three communities along Abuja- Kaduna expressway to be relocated

May 19, 2022

Kaduna State government is making plans to relocate three communities along Abuja – Kaduna express way
for alleged connivance with bandits to carry attacks on motorist plying the road

Governor Nasiru Elrufai announced this while receiving the first quarter security report of this year held at government house Kaduna.

Malam Nasiru Elrufai expressed concern that, the security report continues mentioned RIJANA, KATARI and AKILOGU exist especially when bandits carried attacks along road.

According to him, Kaduna State government is being exploring on the measures to take on the three settlements, adding that, it is either to relocate them to near KAGARKO or to CLEAR the entire settlement but he want security council to deliberate on that to look at the options.

He added that, it was very clear, there were higher level of informants and Criminals in the locations.

Malam Nasiru Elrufai also noted that, the problem of insecurity had moved from the North east to the North west region of the country.

He said the situation in the North West is far more serious and dangerous than ever happened in the North East, called on military and security agencies to take notice of that before it go out of control.

He stated that, it was unfortunate despite several efforts to stem criminality in the state, the levels ware still a source of concerned.

According to governor Elrufai, the presentation of the security report has brought out new emerging concerns that he want the security council to take note with a view to discuss and proffer suggestions.

Malam Nasiru Elrufai also expressed concern over high rate of drug abuse in the state, he however commended traditional and religious leaders as well as NDLEA for their effort aimed at addressing problem of drug abuse.

“I think we should give KASUPDA very clear directive that any building or patent stored selling hard drugs should be shutdown and the building acquire by the government and demolish”

“I think the Attorney General can advise either we can legally do this, but I think we have to take drastic action, because related to every form of criminality from the banditry to terrorism to any other crime you can see drugs play a major role.

While presenting the report, Kaduna State Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Mr Samuel Aruwan explained that the report covered banditry and terrorism, kidnapping, rape perpetrated by armed bandits, cattle rustling, communal and inter ethics clashes, violet attacks and reprisal.

Aruwan noted that, 360 persons died within the first quarter of the this Year as a result of bandits attacks and other clashes, stressing that, Kaduna Central recorded the highest casualties with 214 deaths.

Mr Aruwan said 1389 people were kidnapped during the period while Kaduna Central Senatorial District recorded 1083 while Southern Kaduna recorded 249 kidnapped Cases.

According to him, 10 persons were reported to have been raped by bandits across the state from January to mar h this Year.

The Commissioner also revealed that, 258 citizens were injured across the stsz die to banditry , terrorism and violent attack among others.

Mr Samuel Aruwan also disclosed that, 3251 animals were rustled in the first quarter with 3137 stolen from Kaduna Central.

The report also indicated that, gunrunners were intercepted and arrested with 18 AK rifles, seven Sub machine guns, five pump action rifles and nine resolvers as well as 22 AK 47 Magazine, 5 pump action cartridges and 1195 round of live ammunition.

He added that, more intensive engagement have been initiated towards mitigating the threat of terrorism elements.

Reporting by Aminu Dalhatu; Editing by Abdullahi Lamino

https://radionigeria.gov.ng/2022/05/19/security-three-communities-along-abuja-kaduna-expressway-to-be-relocated/

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by naptu2: 4:13pm On May 20, 2022
Reactions

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by naptu2: 4:14pm On May 20, 2022
More reactions

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by naptu2: 4:14pm On May 20, 2022
Even more reactions.

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by godofuck231: 4:38pm On May 20, 2022
Oh sorry ? Relocate the villages to where , kajuru again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Faiththatworks(m): 4:38pm On May 20, 2022
I really don't like to comment on places I haven't visited in Nigeria or don't know much about,but I believe this is the kind of madness Baba OBJ was talking about when he hosted one of the presidential candidate of PDP yesterday.
Only a thoroughly mad man or woman can rule.this country.
Fashola was mad when he ruled in Lagos,an average Nigerian is very lawless, disrespectful and almost likely a saboteur.
People steal rail tracks,steal crude oil from pipelines,steal cables from transformers serving an entire community or what about the government,that's story for another day.
I salute EL-rufai for his consistent madness in trying to rule any part of Nigeria he's called to serve.
We need unsympathetic leaders in Nigeria,if we are to move forward.
EL-rufai will demolish a market to make way for a road,he will crush houses standing on the right of way,he even asked the federal government to bomb out those bastard territorist,now he wants to cleanse 3 communities to get rid of banditry. This is the kind of madness u need to move Nigeria forward.
I end with a story about one of Gov Fashola madness while in lagos,The road from cappa to bolade in oshodi which is supposedly a 3 minutes journey in a very slow car used to take more than 3 hours some yrs back,then Fashola came and started his madness,he crushed all the petty traders who has turned the expressway into a morning, Afternoon and night market.
People were crying about what would happen to those who had lost their stalls but the man was unsympathetic,the road is not a market, people cried and complained but eventually the state moved on,now that road has been restored to its original state.
Now that's the kind of madness u need to money this country forward.
Kudos to Gov EL-rufai and I hope he follows through on this move to rid the express way of bandits

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by UglyPeople: 4:39pm On May 20, 2022
Anything that will move our country forward is a welcome development undecided

8 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by ican2020: 4:44pm On May 20, 2022
Why would villagers harbor kidnappers in their villages

I support him on this

22 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by WibusJaga: 5:13pm On May 20, 2022

These people know exactly what to do to get rid of these terrorists aka bandits. Been handling them with kid gloves all this while.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by B3sty(m): 5:13pm On May 20, 2022
If that will solve the Security Situation around the aforementioned Villages, so be it so far those Villages are properly relocated to a Safe Place...
Peace is what we want in Nigeria!!!
God Bless Nigeria ��

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by NwaNimo1(m): 5:14pm On May 20, 2022
Rival villages....

10 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Sapphire94: 5:14pm On May 20, 2022
Dd
Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by STEWpid(f): 5:14pm On May 20, 2022
This attempt means that bandits are currently taking more drugs to launch another horrific attack!

May God Airpus.

Why hasn't any of such drastic step taken ever since?

Anyway, I understand that 2023 elekshun is coming.. It could be a better way to soften their people's heart and garner support.

I only appreciate the steps you take when there was nothing in sight. The year 2023 is here again! They're having meetings upon meetings and building up series of strategies!!!

They know how to catch their mugus.

Won fe gbe wan mo'ra bi omo'koko.

Chai!

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Devilagentcap: 5:14pm On May 20, 2022
Ahh
Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 20, 2022
Weldon
Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Zico5(m): 5:15pm On May 20, 2022
The way Buhari is dead and dumb to terrorists and kidnapping issues in this country is deafening. He has never come out to condemn the activities except through Garba or Femi. I wonder how he sleep with his two eyes closed knowing fully well things are not alright. Nigeria deserve better.

6 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Nobody: 5:15pm On May 20, 2022
Kill all terrorists!!

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by omoredia: 5:15pm On May 20, 2022
It's all a cover up

1 Like

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 20, 2022
Pls do asap.
Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by derecho(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2022
Na today?

El- rufai can not be trusted.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Dozie32(m): 5:16pm On May 20, 2022
The most stupid governor in Nigerian history.

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Mossadd: 5:17pm On May 20, 2022
Like him or hate him if elrufai is taken seriously by federal government Insecurity would have reduced drastically elrufai no just give shit about terrorist

3 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Teetee777: 5:17pm On May 20, 2022
That was in front of the village I was I attacked when I travelled to Kano from Ibadan when bandits attacked us and they kidnapped, killed and some were badly injured.

May God forgive those who lost their lives on Thursday morning 10th March, along Abuja - Kaduna road, and to the injured, may God grant them quick healing, and to those who were kidnapped, may God send them a helper to come back safely.

I believe if they have another opportunity to come back to this world, they will never choose Nigeria as a country.

They give us no light, no fuel, no shelters, no food and we accept our faith. but why is it difficult for the government to provide security of life and property?

If govt can't secure our lives and properties, allow us to ARM ourselves, this is getting too much in a country where we have a govt.

How I escaped being Kidnapped by Fulani bandits along Abuja - Kaduna road on my journey from Ibadan to kano.

I boarded a bus going to Kano from Ibadan on Wednesday 9th March,we left around noon. We reached Abuja, after the Dikko junction to buy fuel around 3 am Thursday morning,. It was normal routine when those buses reach Abuja to buy fuel, they would try to move in convoy, our bus was the one in front and others followed.

We drove like 8 to 10km when we heard a gunshot, the first gunshot hit our driver in the right hand, the second hit the lady beside the driver while the third gunshot scratched the head of the driver but blood was rushing out from his head.

When we heard that first gunshot, I noticed that the speed of our bus reduce, likewise the second gunshot, after the third gunshot the bus stopped and the driver ran out of the bus, immediately, the passenger beside the door opened the door, everybody ran for his/her safety.

After the third gunshot, the shooting now continues unstoppable, when I rushed out of the bus, I hold my bag and my phone because I used to travel with just a small bag that contain my power bank and only one wrapper. Everywhere was dark and those terrorists have surrounded us, one bandit ran after me and he caught me when I fell, he collected my phone and left my bag and shouted at me but the only thing I heard in his language was "mallam" "mallam" because he was speaking Fulani language and I didn't hear the language.

He was leading me to the bush when I noticed that his gun was hung in his left hand while he hold torchlight in his right hand, I just used my hand to drag his right hand that holds me from my body and I ran back to the highway, he ran after me, before I reached the highway, I fell for the second time and he caught me, I did it for the third time and I fell again and I couldn't stand up again because I have weak already.

After I fell, he wanted to carry me up, when he saw one woman running toward our side, it was dark, the woman didn't see us because the guy wearing a black shirt and military trousers and I also wore black cloth too, the bandit just left me when he noticed I didn't have the strength to ran again and he ran after the woman, he kidnapped her and before he came back to me, I have struggled to stand up and ran away.

During that time, the shooting continued, no vehicle coming on both sides of the road, I struggled to run like 3km before I saw some people from our bus, the lady beside the driver, her hand was condemned with gunshot, the driver also lie down with the blood all around him, no first aid, no vehicle to carry him to Kaduna because Kaduna still very far to the spot

Some people walked down to the military settlement because the military settlement was about 8km from the incident. The army came to confront that bandit but unfortunately, they can't face the terrorist.

After daybreak, we go back to the scene, we saw 6 to 8 bus that was attacked by terrorists,
The army came to us, they helped us stop a bus to carry our driver to Kaduna because he was about to give up the ghost, we used an army vehicle to towed our bus to their settlement before I travelled back to Kano.

In the bus I entered to Kano, I met one northern man inside the bus that said 3 people were killed inside their bus and they kidnapped some people.

May God save us in this country, nowhere is save again, if you go to the north, bandits, kidnapping and terrorists, if you go to the south, rituals etc.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Saifullah01: 5:18pm On May 20, 2022
Seriously Nigeria needs someone with steel determination like Elrufai. Politics aside he is not afraid to take decisions.

7 Likes

Re: El-Rufai Moves To Demolish 3 "Terrorists Villages" On Abuja-Kaduna Road by Cmanforall: 5:18pm On May 20, 2022
naptu2:

https://dailytrust.com/kidnappings-kaduna-mulls-relocating-communities-harbouring-informants
Tough hand is needed for these terrorists irrespective of the region.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC Suspends Senatorial Election In Enugu East / NAF To Deploy Additional Personnel To Niger Delta(photos) / EFCC Declares Ibrahim Shema Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.