Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,183 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 (22993 Views)

See The 100 Naira Oranges I Bought Today In Birnin Kebbi (photos) / The ₦100 Oranges I Bought In Birnin Kebbi (Photo) / Pepper And Tomatoes I Bought For N100 At Abeokuta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by captainamiedi1: 12:18pm On May 23, 2022
its even better. over here is 1 #50 and the orange nor get water self
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by ja2ken(m): 12:21pm On May 23, 2022
History will have it that buhari was evil..

1 Like

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Nyanabo(m): 12:22pm On May 23, 2022
You remember canoe soap ? The cheapest laundry soap for the common man. It was sold NGN50 Every Wednesday s at Oil Mill Market in Port Harcourt some sellers would readily give you 3 for NGN130 before buhari.

But now buhari has buharised the economy of the nation. The command man's soap is sold at NGN200 now. This was not the change we bargained for .. cry

1 Like

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by surequality: 12:25pm On May 23, 2022
NairaLanders, one of those oranges is 50 Naira hear in Warri, Delta State.
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by AutoRedux: 12:25pm On May 23, 2022
They're worth the money.
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Anyiamaka: 12:29pm On May 23, 2022
Sweetplum:
So...the N100 orange I bought were sold for N3 twenty years ago.
We all can feel the high cost of food in thee country.
Today I was craving for oranges. Those I saw were too small & not worth the price.
I decided to pick those that look plumpy sold at rate of 3 pieces for N100. Being someone that loves water & any food with water, I bought the oranges like that. Though they were sweet despite looking unripe.
I showed them to my partner. He said they were sold for N3 20 years ago. As in how it come be like this for today price.

20 yrs ago was 2002. Was your partner in Nigeria or Niger Republic then? Nigeria had no coins in 2002. The things N5 could buy then are biscuits, satchets of pure water, chewing gum and sweets. There is no doubt there is inflation in the country but your partner further inflated the then realities.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Ladymillion(f): 12:34pm On May 23, 2022
Sorry dear, Definitely not season of Oranges now, Tilt towards Avocados n Mangoes

1 Like

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Phaantom22: 12:37pm On May 23, 2022
It's just two of that in my side
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by longifilis(m): 12:39pm On May 23, 2022
hopman98:
Dollar affected d growth of oranges, that is why

I am living and working in a remote area, the cost of fruits, oranges, plantain and banana aren't on the high side , albeit the fruits dey seasonal, with ₦200 one will buy 15-20 pieces of oranges bigger and sweeter.

For now, I no go city
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by xjiggy: 12:43pm On May 23, 2022
People complaining but will not plant a tree in their compound. By the time all the orange trees planted by our fathers and grandfather's dies off, we'll buy imported oranges @₦2000 apiece

1 Like

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Skillsnigeria: 12:43pm On May 23, 2022
Hmmm
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Nobody: 12:43pm On May 23, 2022
SamsonMin:

Did you even find liquid in the oranges? Almost a year now since I ate succulent oranges.
Yes they were sweet with more liquid than I expected.
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Biafranodogwu55: 12:43pm On May 23, 2022
Gspotlicker:
where were you 20 years ago when your partner bought it for ₦3
I wonder oo...make e no be wetin i dey reason shagrin

1 Like

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 23, 2022
Anyiamaka:

20 yrs ago was 2002. Was your partner in Nigeria or Niger Republic then? Nigeria had no coins in 2002. The things N5 could buy then are biscuits, satchets of pure water, chewing gum and sweets. There is no doubt there is inflation in the country but your partner further inflated the then realities.
From my research coins were out of circulation in 2006.y partner was right.
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by MrSensor(m): 12:49pm On May 23, 2022
HeRulesMen:
Buhari destroyed everything including local products. Don't forget these orange traders also buy other products at very high cost as it were in Nigerian market today.

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Biafranodogwu55: 12:49pm On May 23, 2022
Emmy3:
Hope your partner nor be ancestor this one when e done dey buy oranges 20 years ago with N3 whereas you're in your twenties.
You gerrit bro...the partner na ancestral tellers machine(ATM)
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Greenlight123: 12:50pm On May 23, 2022
Hmmm nawa oooo how e wan be 2023 na! God abeg oo, give us our daily bread ooo and forgive those that bring this upon us, buhari waiting we do u na how we take offend you self if u no fit comot na na by force see en I d para oooo.
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by wtfCode: 12:50pm On May 23, 2022
Sweetplum:

Your head like those oranges. I don suck the nutrients komot.
Yeehhh yeh, comrade I have a special seat for you.
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by ikorodureporta: 12:58pm On May 23, 2022
I have trees of oranges here...I never buy since this year
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by malaria(f): 1:01pm On May 23, 2022
EggonBoy:
The cost of living in Nigeria is like hell on earth.
Port Harcourt is the worst
come owerri u go believe

2 Likes

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:08pm On May 23, 2022
Insecurity shikena.
Sweetplum:
Today I was craving for oranges. Those I saw were too small & not worth the price.
I decided to pick those that look plumpy sold at rate of 3 pieces for N100. Being someone that loves water & any food with water, I bought the oranges like that. Though they were sweet despite looking unripe.
I showed them to my partner. He said they were sold for N3 20 years ago. As in how it come be like this for today price.
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Redman44(m): 1:32pm On May 23, 2022
Drive to remote areas of the southwest. You will buy cheap fruits in villages in Oyo, Ondo, Osun etc cool
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 23, 2022
Over here, I buy 5 medium sized ones for #100. It's the cheapest fruit I can get for now
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by sorepco(m): 1:37pm On May 23, 2022
Hundred naira? Una di over enjoy for 9ja! Where i de na 1 of those

Sweetplum:
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by BarrElChapo(m): 2:06pm On May 23, 2022
Gspotlicker:
where were you 20 years ago when your partner bought it for ₦3

grin
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by TimeArena(f): 2:17pm On May 23, 2022
My shop is very close to a local foodstuff market. With the truckload of oranges that offloads every market day, 3 big oranges are still been sold for 100. May God see us through this B-Effect.

Meanwhile, this lovely piece won't be a bad idea for madam o.

Price: 15K.

DHL delivery is available.

To order, call or WhatsApp

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by 41lady(m): 2:47pm On May 23, 2022
Sweetplum:

It is cheap, we buy 1 orange at 180 to 250 outside Nigeria, food is cheap in Naija, it is the bad roads, lack of security and lights that is the problem of Nigeria and Africa at large.
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Slynation(m): 3:09pm On May 23, 2022
Sweetplum:
Your partner or your sugar Daddy grin

During that time, we thief oranges from people's trees, so I don't even know the prices of oranges...grin
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Slynation(m): 3:12pm On May 23, 2022
nosmassam:
How do you manage un-flush shit for bank.

I just used one of the UBA branch on island.

My stomach was turning and have to used their toilet, after I finished, I flush the 1st time, one shit refused to go down, 2nd time, 3rd time the shit still stand strong.

I have my company money � to deposit, I just close the toilet and left, on my way out, I meat a guy that want to use same toilet, I just borne face.

As I stand on the queue, the guy join the line and begin looking at me for more than 20 min.

Pls my guy, how am I supposed to manage the shit ���
grin grin grin
Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by Nobody: 3:23pm On May 23, 2022
Slynation:
Your partner or your sugar Daddy grin

During that time, we thief oranges from people's trees, so I don't even know the prices of oranges...grin
To slap you dey hungry me.

1 Like

Re: The 3 Small Oranges I Bought For N100 by nfcshanghai(m): 3:29pm On May 23, 2022
Sweetplum:
Una dey enjoy for naija oo , here in Accra Ghana 3oranges is 200naira

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Cheapest Food You've Ever Cooked? / Today Is International World Egg Day! / Children's Birthday Cakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.