Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! (4571 Views)

Why Everything Does Not Happen For A Reason / Top 10 Astonishing Miracles (international) / Your Thoughts On Mountain Of Fire And Miracles Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 7:32am On Jul 15, 2011
Our Christian brethren tell us that the "miracles" performed by Jesus indicates that he is God. Jesus apparently "healed the sick", "turned water to wine", "raised the dead" e.t.c, and there is nothing wrong in believing in these "miracles". The only problem is that Jesus left no tangible evidence that any of these so-called "miracles" actually took place, therefore, they cannot be subjected to the test of scientific proof today. The conclusion therein is that;
1. The so-called miracles, and all miracles for that matter, are mere glorified indulgence in quackery.
2. The onus rests on those who believe in these false claims to prove that they are not false by performing them so the whole world can see.
3. Science has never been able to prove that any miracle/healing has ever taken place beyond every reasonable doubt.
4. Those who believe in "miracles" are only indulging in self-delusionary behavior, not much different from persons in a Lunatic asylum. The only difference is that lunatics may eventually be cured, but "miracle" believers take their delusions to the grave.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by KunleOshob(m): 8:05am On Jul 15, 2011
^^^
Rantings of a depraved mind

2 Likes

Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 8:16am On Jul 15, 2011
KunleOshob:

^^^
Rantings of a depraved mind
I believe it is better to be "depraved" than to indulge in self-denial. Many people (my close mates included) have been led to their untimely grave directly as a result of an irrational belief that they were supposedly "cured" of an ailment, it is wrong and evil for my religious brethren to give people false hope!
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by denzel2009: 8:24am On Jul 15, 2011
You are a mess at being controversial. Learn from the experts here on NL.

1 Like

Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 8:34am On Jul 15, 2011
denzel2009:

You are a mess at being controversial. Learn from the experts here on NL.
I am not a Nairaland "expert", I am just another scientific scholar who searches for answers to simple questions. Unlike yourself, I don't consider Nairaland to be a suitable forum for displaying scholastic aptitude, I display mine via the appropriate scientific journals and literature.

1 Like

Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by Jenwitemi(m): 8:39am On Jul 15, 2011
My friend, miracles abound everywhere, every moment of every day. You need to pay attention to see them happening.
Moreover, if science can prove a miracle, then it is no longer a miracle.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 8:43am On Jul 15, 2011
Jenwitemi:

My friend, miracles abound everywhere, every moment of every day. You need to pay attention to see them happening.
Moreover, if science can prove a miracle, then it is no longer a miracle.
Therein lies the problem! The "occurrence" of miracles does not prove their existence, what proves their existence beyond every reasonable doubt is a test by science. All tests by science to date of the existence of miracles proves otherwise!
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by wetu: 1:53pm On Jul 15, 2011
claremont:

2. The onus rests on those who believe in these false claims to prove that they are not false by performing them so the whole world can see.

You cannot put an ONUS on me to prove the miracle that God did in my life to satisfy your curiosity. You not believing it will not make my miracle any less of a miracle. Even if I wanted to, I cannot perform for the whole world to see, I didn't perform the miracle in the first place, neither did I ask for it or expect it. It was God Himself who did it.

I will not go around preaching my miracle but simply preaching JESUS and God CAN do a miracle according to His will.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by wetu: 2:01pm On Jul 15, 2011
By the way, I cannot stop this self-delusion. I love it! I love the fact that my life changed dramatically one night when I was healed from an infirmity of 17 years. If I stop this self-delusion, it means that I will have to go back to the life of those tormented 17 years.

It was me, the Bible and the Holy Spirit. It was a miracle. I want to believe it was miracle. I won't stop believing it was a miracle. Praise Jesus!
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 3:08pm On Jul 15, 2011
wetu:

By the way, I cannot stop this self-delusion. I love it! I love the fact that my life changed dramatically one night when I was healed from an infirmity of 17 years. If I stop this self-delusion, it means that I will have to go back to the life of those tormented 17 years.

It was me, the Bible and the Holy Spirit. It was a miracle. I want to believe it was miracle. I won't stop believing it was a miracle. Praise Jesus!
Exactly my point!
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by UyiIredia(m): 5:19pm On Jul 15, 2011
@ topic >>> The universe (Nature) itself is a miraculous wonder. Why something instead of nothing ? Furthermore, let me assure you that Jesus' miracles was much subject to a high degree of skepticism from the Pharisees and the Sadducees. This should suffice as internal evidence (from the Scriptures) on the viability of such occurrences. Keep in mind that the Saducees, like atheists, do not believe in an afterlife. I am sure Jesus performed these miracles. Modern-day science has been able to expose the possibility of some them (Google the term cryonics and connect the dots)
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by kokoye(m): 7:43pm On Jul 15, 2011
There can be miracles  . .when you believe.

The world just dont believe in these anymore . .we want a reason and formula for whatever.

. .and this is why some people do not believe in the existence of the Almighty.

I have prayed for things I found impossible and I got miraculous solutions to SOME of them.

Call it luck or destiny or whatever.  I call them miracles.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 9:49pm On Jul 15, 2011
kokoye:

There can be miracles  . .when you believe.

The world just dont believe in these anymore . .we want a reason and formula for whatever.

. .and this is why some people do not believe in the existence of the Almighty.

I have prayed for things I found impossible and I got miraculous solutions to SOME of them.

Call it luck or destiny or whatever.  I call them miracles.
Have you ever thought the "miracles" you experienced may just be good old preparation meeting the perfect opportunity, or simply a mere coincidence?!
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by seyibrown(f): 11:50pm On Jul 15, 2011
I am a living miracle, pre-destined and purposed by God! grin grin claremont, you just happened by chance, I guess! grin grin
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 12:04am On Jul 16, 2011
seyibrown:

I am a living miracle, pre-destined and purposed by God! grin grin claremont, you just happened by chance, I guess! grin grin
If there are "living miracles", then logically it follows that there must be some "dead miracles" hiding somewhere!
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by benodic: 12:03pm On Jul 16, 2011
@ claremont

i really do not blame you at all. life has not yet pushed you to a wall and all your scientific wonders and reasoning could do absolutely nothing to get you out of the position.
it is just a matter of time, just hang on, life has a funny way of letting you know that you do not have all the logical answers to the challenges we face in life. only an experience will convince you. it is just a matter of time, not coincidence
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2011
benodic:

@ claremont

i really do not blame you at all. life has not yet pushed you to a wall and all your scientific wonders and reasoning could do absolutely nothing to get you out of the position.
it is just a matter of time, just hang on, life has a funny way of letting you know that you do not have all the logical answers to the challenges we face in life. only an experience will convince you. it is just a matter of time, not coincidence
Read my signature, and make a guess of what will happen if the "gods" choose to f/u?c?k with moi!
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by 2Praise: 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2011
CLAREMONT VERSUS GOD!!

This is one battle I hate to be caught in between!!  Lets see Claremonts army fight God the MAN OF WAR!

I hate to be in your shoes claremont.You just have no idea because you have been brainwashed.But hey God has given us choices.

You choose to perish ,perish alone.Some of us have seen God do stuff for us we cannot even try defending him coz we KNOW HIM since HE LIVES IN US.

The battle is mine says the Lord. Stand still and see the salvation of God is all I can say.

MY BIBLE warns me against engaging in foolish arguments so I will not engage.I will preach and let you decide but not force it down your throat.

wish you luck as you fight God.

oh b4 I forget.

Jesus cast out demons and they accused him of using false spirits. So who am I to get angry if anybody calls me a lunatic?

Am a lunatic for God.I believe in miracles,I am a miracle and I serve a miracle working God. And I will die believing that!

Now claremont if I were you I would use all media channels available to preach my 'GOD doesnt exist gospel' .NL is too small a field.

How many have you converted where you live? Has the country believed in you? You have a lot of work to do brother.

And always know that the foolishness of God is greater than the wisdom of man. Imagine that!

Oh sorry , you dont belive in God oops!

Okay go fight God now.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by Joagbaje(m): 8:31pm On Jul 16, 2011
@poster ,
If you don't believe in miracles , why don't you investigate to see if you're. Wrong or right. Visit any miracle believing church.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by 2Praise: 9:03pm On Jul 16, 2011
^ he doesnt believe in church either.He doesnt believe in anything associated with God.
So dont even stir him up.Hes wiser than God. lipsrsealed
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 9:51pm On Jul 16, 2011
You guys are just being emotional over a very simple issue. Do miracles happen, if so, where is the evidence?! Is that question so hard to answer with documentary evidence?!
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by 2Praise: 10:21pm On Jul 16, 2011
^^
GOD IS NOT,HAS NEVER BEEN AND WILL NEVER BE REDUCED TO A MERE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE IN ORDER TO PROVE HIS EXISTENCE. TO WHOM?? THE VERY CREATURE HE CREATED WITH HIS OWN HANDS?
undecided undecided

THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT ARE SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED! NOT SCIENTIFICALLY DISCERNED!!

YOU WILL NEVER EVER UNDERSTAND GOD WELL EVEN IF YOU READ ALL BOOKS AND SPENT YEARS IN THE LAB, UNLESS YOU ACCEPT HIM INTO YOUR HEART.ONLY THEN WILL HE START REVEALING HIMSELF TO YOU BIT BY BIT.

For without faith its impossible to please God,for HE THAT COMES TO HIM MUST BELIEVE THAT HE IS AND HE IS A REWARDER OF THEM THAT DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM.

FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN.

EVERYTHING ABOUT GOD HAS FAITH AS ITS FOUNDATION.

YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT FOUNDATION? THEN WE HAVE NO BASIS AND BETTER STOP WASTING TIME.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 11:09pm On Jul 16, 2011
2Praise:

^^
GOD IS NOT,HAS NEVER BEEN AND WILL NEVER BE REDUCED TO A MERE DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE IN ORDER TO PROVE HIS EXISTENCE. TO WHOM?? THE VERY CREATURE HE CREATED WITH HIS OWN HANDS?
undecided undecided

THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT ARE SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED! NOT SCIENTIFICALLY DISCERNED!!

YOU WILL NEVER EVER UNDERSTAND GOD WELL EVEN IF YOU READ ALL BOOKS AND SPENT YEARS IN THE LAB, UNLESS YOU ACCEPT HIM INTO YOUR HEART.ONLY THEN WILL HE START REVEALING HIMSELF TO YOU BIT BY BIT.

For without faith its impossible to please God,for HE THAT COMES TO HIM MUST BELIEVE THAT HE IS AND HE IS A REWARDER OF THEM THAT DILIGENTLY SEEK HIM.

FAITH IS THE SUBSTANCE OF THINGS HOPED FOR THE EVIDENCE OF THINGS NOT SEEN.

EVERYTHING ABOUT GOD HAS FAITH AS ITS FOUNDATION.

YOU DON'T BELIEVE THAT FOUNDATION? THEN WE HAVE NO BASIS AND BETTER STOP WASTING TIME.
Therein lies the problem! Religious adherents are afraid of asking questions about their own beliefs because they don't want to be seen as questioning their faith, but someone who is really convinced about his/her belief system should be ready to subject that belief system to the test of science. The unwillingness of religious adherents to ask relevant question is delusional, they know that their belief system lacks a modicum of foundation whatsoever, but to them, this ignorance is bliss and they would rather choose to remain ignorant than allow the light of science expose their backwardness. What a wasted generation!
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by 2Praise: 7:55am On Jul 17, 2011
^^^

Do you know you are actually right?

God doesn't have to prove His existence to His creation. If you cant see Him in creation then that's it.

The others need evidence and proof of existence etc because their origin is human.

Then understand this.The things of God are very very very foolish to the non-believer like .

You will NEVER GET IT. Nope.Thats why we look foolish at times.

So suit yourself.

KEEP FIGHTING GOD.

You are yet to encounter Him. And the day you do you will fall down and worship at His feet.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:13am On Jul 17, 2011
jesus was human. miracles can only happen by God.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by 2Praise: 8:51am On Jul 17, 2011
claremont,

Do you know you are actually right? Things of God can be very foolish to the non believer.
First am not even religious.Religion is just a name,a cover only.Am a believer in Jesus. Religion will never take man anywhere and that's not subject to discussion now.

YOU ARE SOO MISTAKEN BY ASSUMING THAT CHRISTIANITY MUST BE SUBJECTED TO SCIENCE.

ONE IS BY FAITH THE OTHER BY PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. And I told you faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. We

have nothing to debate there.you either believe that or stay. BUT GUESS WHAT,THERE'S SOME THINGS SCIENCE CANT EVEN COMPREHEND.

WHO MADE SCIENCE THE VERIFYING BODY FOR GOD!!!!?  WHAT TEST MUST CHRISTIANITY PASS UNDER 'SCIENCE' IN ORDER TO PASS AND QUALIFY?

WHAT IS THE STANDARD IF I MAY ASK? ARE YOU TRYING TO SUBJECT GOD TO SOME MERE SCIENCE TEST PERFORMED BY HIS FEEBLE CREATURES?

Listen 'IT IS FINISHED!!! JC PAID THE ULTIMATE PRICE! YOU EITHER BELIEVE THAT OR STAY!!FULL STOP.

OH DINT SOME 'VERY CLEVER SCIENTISTS TRY TO CLOWN A SHEEP CALLED MOLLY TO PROVE WHAT?? THEY ARE WISER THAN GOD?

GOD ALLOWED THEM TO LAUGH AND POP CHAMPAIGNE BEFORE KILLING THE POOR THING. DON'T TEST GOD OR DARE HIM!!

I TOLD YOU AND I REPEAT AGAIN.THINGS OF GOD ARE SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED. SO STOP WASTING TIME TRYING TO PASS GOD THROUGH SOME

LITTLE SCIENCE.YOU WILL DIE BEFORE YOU SEE YOUR RESULTS AND IT WILL NEVER BE ACHIEVED

CLAREMONT. GO CREATE A HUMAN BEING AND PROVE GOD WRONG.

That is the best test I believe for scientists. After you are done, create your own world and get out of this one we believe was created by God.

May God have mercy.whoever brainwashed you did a perfect job.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 17, 2011
[
2Praise:

OH DINT SOME 'VERY CLEVER SCIENTISTS TRY TO CLOWN A SHEEP CALLED MOLLY TO PROVE WHAT?? THEY ARE WISER THAN GOD?

GOD ALLOWED THEM TO LAUGH AND POP CHAMPAIGNE BEFORE KILLING THE POOR THING. DON'T TEST GOD OR DARE HIM!!

They popped champagne for 7 years before "God" did what he does best. Give the poor animal all kinds of infirmities.
We know not to test your god, we don't want him drowning babies like he did during Noah's flood.  grin or maybe start killing all the first born in Nigeria.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_(sheep)
At least read a little before writing anything that pops into your head.

Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by 2Praise: 10:07am On Jul 17, 2011
^^^ correction.wasnt 7 but 6 yrs infact.

A decision was taken to "euthanase" six-year-old Dolly after a veterinary examination showed that she had a progressive lung disease, the institute said in a statement.
Professor Ian Wilmut, who led the team that created her, said at the time that the arthritis showed their cloning techniques were "inefficient" and needed more work.
If there is a link, it will provide further evidence of the dangers inherent in reproductive cloning and the irresponsibility of anybody who is trying to extend such work to humans."

Well my point was even the so called scientists fail in their attempts to outsmart God. it takes a while before God puts their work to shame.

And no God's work is not to go drowning or killing people.Hes a merciful God but Hes also God of justice and a God of battle.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 10:12am On Jul 17, 2011
2Praise:

Well my point was even the so called scientists fail in their attempts to outsmart God. it takes a while before God puts their work to shame.

And no God's work is not to go drowning or killing people.Hes a merciful God but Hes also God of justice and a God of battle.
Every reasonable person will know that the above highlighted words are a contradiction!
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 17, 2011
2Praise:

smiley Correction, wasn't 6 but 6 years 7 months 9 days in fact.

2Praise:

Science doesn't try to outsmart god, science doesn't even know what gods are. The only people who know what gods are, are the people who "believe" they exist.

Your god does enjoy killing people. Read your holy book.

God kills 14,000 people for complaining that God keeps killing them.
In Numbers 16:41-49, the Israelites complain that God is killing too many of them. So, God sends a plague that kills 14,000 more of them.

The Amorites destroyed by sword and by God’s rocks.
In Joshua 10:10-11, God helps the Israelites slaughter the Amorites by sword, then finishes them off with rocks from the sky.

[b]God incinerates 51 men to make a point.[/b]In 2 Kings 1:9-10, Elijah gets God to burn 51 men with fire from heaven to prove he is God.

Jesus' daddy/Jesus/Holy Spirit is like Joker from the Batman comic. He did crazy sh_t for the hell of it.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by 2Praise: 11:08am On Jul 17, 2011
@ MARTIAN

grin @ 6yrs 7months and 9 days.

That aside.Seriously trying to prove God's existence or miracles is not my speciality.I prefer He proves it to you Himself and if you still cant see Him anywhere then forget it.Just choose what suits you if it makes you happy. It doesnt change God's position or nature you know.
Besides not everybody believes in God you know.Even in the old times with all those signs and wonders some people still doubted so its never going to happen.

Does God kill? Oh yeah he does.He has wiped out entire nations and can very easily strike you without blinking an eye. Those you just mentioned are ver few battles. GOD FOUGHT AND FOUGHT HARD!! through his people. HE is a man of war,the God of battle.Keep your finger off his eyes or else you see fire if u continue poking Him.
I love the way the he rained stones on people.That was one hell of a battle.
Now listen you live in a country where there are laws dont you? if u disobey you face the consequences and pay for the crime.
Now God's kingdom is not some wild jungle, where you roam and do as you please.when you enter there (thru the blood of Jesus) there are laws that Govern the place and you must abide by them.
That's why in the old testament we had the 10 commandments.They still apply even though nowadays the Grace of God saves us from instant punishment.Those days there was no blood.It was eye for an eye tooth for a tooth.You break the commandment and God deals properly with you.
Nowadays we sin, we cry to God thru Jesus and we are forgiven. How is that? Isnt God soo good?
But if you continue to disobey and take his grace for granted then a time comes when He has to fix you,because He love you too much he doenst want to see you perish.The same way a Father disciplines His child.He does it not out of hate but love.

TRY GOD.
Re: Miracles Do NOT Happen, Let's Stop This Self-delusion! by claremont(m): 11:13am On Jul 17, 2011
It beggars belief that a deity will choose to kill his own adherents in the name of love shocked shocked.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Gulibility Of An Ex-christian Atheist. / Why Did Eminem Live Longer Than Tupac? / Listening Into Others Prayers In Church. Good Or Bad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.