Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,256 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season (11439 Views)

Ighalo Named Chinese Super League Player Of The Week / Raheem Sterling Named Premier League Player Of The Month / Mohamed Salah Wins Premier League Player Of The Year Award(Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by damilola4162(m): 3:06pm On May 21, 2022
Manchester City mildefider, Kevin De Bruyne was been voted the Premier League's payer of the Season, on Saturday, Newspremises reports.

The Belgium international has been the focal point of a Manchester City team that looks set to win their fourth Premier League title in five years.

He has scored 15 goals - a career high - and contributed seven assists as Pep Guardiola's men have continued to assert their dominance over England.

Speaking to Man City's website about his latest achievement, De Bruyne said: “To win this award for a second time is an achievement that I am really proud of.

“There is so much quality in the Premier League and it is a pleasure to be nominated with so many other great players who have had incredible seasons for their clubs.

“I think my performances this season have been good and I am happy that I have been able to contribute with goals and assists throughout the season.

“Thank you to all of the staff, coaches and especially my teammates because without them this wouldn’t be possible.”

De Bruyne last scooped the Premier League Player of the Season award back in 2020 after an outstanding individual campaign saw him grab 20 goals and provide a record-equalling 20 assists, while only Thierry Henry, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nemanja Vidic have won this award on multiple occasions.

Ruben Dias took home last season's award, meaning a City player has been awarded the prize for a third straight year.

Meanwhile, Phil Foden was announced as the winner of this season's Premier League Young Player of the Season award earlier on Saturday.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/kevin-de-bruyne-named-premier-league-player-of-the-season/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by Zonefree(m): 3:09pm On May 21, 2022
Well deserved.

Congratulations Kelvin.

Mo Sallah and Mane should try again next season.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by thesicilian: 3:16pm On May 21, 2022
Should have been Salah or mane

14 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by eliyke(m): 3:39pm On May 21, 2022
cry
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by AAA593: 4:06pm On May 21, 2022
Fully deserved

12 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by AAA593: 4:06pm On May 21, 2022
thesicilian:
Should have been Salah or mane
This must be a joke

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by WibusJaga: 4:10pm On May 21, 2022
Well deserved.
Would probably have been Salah/Mane if Liverpool was sure of EPL. City & KDB almost certain to clinch the title tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by thesicilian: 4:14pm On May 21, 2022
AAA593:

This must be a joke
Yes because you can see me laughing.

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by Lamasta(m): 5:24pm On May 21, 2022
KDB has been phenomenal and instrumental to City's title challenge this season he's a worthy winner congrats to him....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by iszyboy(m): 6:36pm On May 21, 2022
[quote author=damilola4162 post=113040681]Manchester City mildefider, Kevin De Bruyne was been voted the Premier League's payer of the Season, on Saturday, Newspremises reports.

The Belgium international has been the focal point of a Manchester City team that looks set to win their fourth Premier League title in five years.

He has scored 15 goals - a career high - and contributed seven assists as Pep Guardiola's men have continued to assert their dominance over England.

Speaking to Man City's website about his latest achievement, De Bruyne said: “To win this award for a second time is an achievement that I am really proud of.

“There is so much quality in the Premier League and it is a pleasure to be nominated with so many other great players who have had incredible seasons for their clubs.

“I think my performances this season have been good and I am happy that I have been able to contribute with goals and assists throughout the season.

“Thank you to all of the staff, coaches and especially my teammates because without them this wouldn’t be possible.”

De Bruyne last scooped the Premier League Player of the Season award back in 2020 after an outstanding individual campaign saw him grab 20 goals and provide a record-equalling 20 assists, while only Thierry Henry, Cristiano Ronaldo and Nemanja Vidic have won this award on multiple occasions.

Ruben Dias took home last season's award, meaning a City player has been awarded the prize for a third straight year.

Meanwhile, Phil Foden was announced as the winner of this season's Premier League Young Player of the Season award earlier on Saturday.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/kevin-de-bruyne-named-premier-league-player-of-the-season/

Diaz didn't win PFA player of the year last year.

Kevin De Bruyne won it last year.

He has won it three consecutive times.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by obonujoker(m): 6:37pm On May 21, 2022
Fraudbappe grin
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by JoeRizzla(m): 6:56pm On May 21, 2022
Nice one....
R Madrid put their focus on mbappe and let halland slip through their fingers.....
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by paulolee(m): 9:49pm On May 21, 2022
well deserved....he proved it in city final game

9 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by Blueelf: 12:43pm On May 22, 2022
AAA593:

This must be a joke

You must be a joke
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by AAA593: 1:08pm On May 22, 2022
Blueelf:

You must be a joke
Respect yourself.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by Blueelf: 1:30pm On May 22, 2022
AAA593:

Respect yourself.

Sorry bro

Just kidding but took it too far

Should've put the emoji there
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by Whazar(m): 2:14pm On May 22, 2022
Well deserved

He’s also the best midfielder in the game right now
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by Ololanla: 2:15pm On May 22, 2022
Ojoro

2 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by adioolayi(m): 2:15pm On May 22, 2022
How De Bruyne beat Salah to this...get as e be.

7 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by BigBelleControl(m): 2:15pm On May 22, 2022
My team of the season.

Allison Becker
Cancelo Dias van Dijk Alexander-Arnold

Declan Rice
Bernado Silva Kevin De Bryune

Sallah Son Mane

Coach: Pep Guardiola

1 Like

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by tbbt13: 2:16pm On May 22, 2022
Well deserved
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by NwaNimo1(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2022
Not Lukaku?

...my bet don burst!

17 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by fourboys: 2:16pm On May 22, 2022
Zonefree:
Well deserved.

Congratulations Kelvin.

Mo Sallah and Mane should try again next season.
Salah completely robbed

3 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by mbahdi(m): 2:16pm On May 22, 2022
Lawan will win the APC presidential primary mark my words
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by crazygod(m): 2:17pm On May 22, 2022
Ojoro. Salah or Son deserved it. Salah pass KDB using all parameters to judge. Even Silva had a better season than KDB.
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by fourboys: 2:17pm On May 22, 2022
Salah is currently best Creator and scorer in Epl.. pls who gave de b dis award?? Dey deserved slap

5 Likes

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by brandnprinting: 2:17pm On May 22, 2022
Very late reporting. Nairaland is allergic to latest news

But I think he deserves it more than Salah. Lets not forget that Salah is the highest goals and assists this season
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by Gkay1(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2022
Old story
Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by Iretii0511(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2022
Salah deserved this by all standard. Highest goal scorer, highest assist.

This is daylight robbery. Football awards are becoming useless these days honestly.

Re: Kevin De Bruyne Named Premier League Player Of The Season by crazygod(m): 2:18pm On May 22, 2022
Whazar:
Well deserved

He’s also the best midfielder in the game right now
KDB can't even lace Modric boots. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Week 16 Sure Fixed Pool Draws. / Fight With Anthony Joshua Matter Of Time – Deontay Wilder / Coronavirus: NPFL Clubs To Pay N2.5 Million Per Game For Tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.