Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,295 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:30 AM

Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? (16466 Views)

Pay Slip Of UBA Contract Staff Who Earns ₦‎45,000 Monthly / My Dilemma As Contract Staff In A Bank / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by IsaacNewton869: 5:01pm On May 21, 2022
Hello everyone, hello geoscientist and engineers in the house, I'm a 300l of geology department from one of prestigious state university around the south South.

So I will be doing my Undergraduate Internship program Immediately strike is call off, actually I wish to do it in ExxonMobil or Total, but to me I know everything isn't about connection

So I want any experience staff here to explain on how I can make it to ExxonMobil or total even after my graduation

2, I also have a question that has been bothering me for a while now, is it possible to be a contract staff in many oil companies, to me I think is good, they will only call when they need you and pay you well, even if one Bleep up, u still know that u have a place in other companies too and u won't be bothered

3, do oil company employ geologist and geophysicist as an explorer or a drilling engineer

4, who did they need most between geoscientist (petroleum geologist, geochemist, geophysicist as an explorer, geological engineer, reservoir geologist) and

Engineers ( chemical engineer, mechanical engineer, civil engineer and electrical engineer)
Who do they employ most

Thanks

5 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by IsaacNewton869: 3:33pm On May 22, 2022
You guys no do well ooo, 89 views with no reply

Plz na����

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by OgunleyeA1: 4:48pm On May 25, 2022
It seems you know a lot about the oil industry. Please permit my ignorance, i am an accounting student currently in 300level with a good CGPA and I have this desire to one day work in an oil company and even intern but the issue is I do not know how to go about the interning aspect.

2 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by iCauseTrouble: 4:48pm On May 25, 2022
It's easier if you have a good grade but you still need an insider to get you in.

30 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by hisexcellency34: 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
If you are a female of course. No need of connection. You clitocurrency will do it for you

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by oluwasegun007(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
Is this playing

6 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Sermwell(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
I swear to God you can't!! grin

Don't ask me why! cheesy cheesy cheesy

If you agree with me click 'Like'
If you disagree click 'Share'

92 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Ernesthugo(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
YOU CAN TAKE YOUR CV TO VI
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by HandsomeHITLER(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
grin yeah... You can also become the Managing Director too... No connections needed at all at all. Just smile and show them how handsome you look.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by ceejayluv(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
Just apply and keep your fingers crossed...

1 Like

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by temitope27(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
No be my father own total na

2 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by engrjosefz(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
Comrade I understand your curiosity, but you still have a lot to learn...

1. ExxonMobil or Total Internships do not easily come by... Most times the criteria for you to get in will be determined by your academic performance. Even though you have a good CGPA it still doesn't guarantee the slot, I know Total Internships requires you to attach a copy of a Total Employee's ID card to be shortlisted for the Aptitude Test alone.

So you see that the odds are low for someone without Connections.

2. You actually meant having your own Oil serving Firm? To win Contract Jobs in different oil companies, if not I don't understand how you can shuttle between different companies as a contract employee.

3. Depending on the area of Expertise, Drilling well/Reservoir, Upstream, Midstream or Downstream etc.

4. Read no.3 again

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by akanbiaa(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:
Hello everyone, hello geoscientist and engineers in the house, I'm a 300l of geology department from one of prestigious state university around the south South.

So I will be doing my Undergraduate Internship program Immediately strike is call off, actually I wish to do it in ExxonMobil or Total, but to me I know everything isn't about connection

So I want any experience staff here to explain on how I can make it to ExxonMobil or total even after my graduation

2, I also have a question that has been bothering me for a while now, is it possible to be a contract staff in many oil companies, to me I think is good, they will only call when they need you and pay you well, even if one Bleep up, u still know that u have a place in other companies too and u won't be bothered

3, do oil company employ geologist and geophysicist as an explorer or a drilling engineer

4, who did they need most between geoscientist (petroleum geologist, geochemist, geophysicist as an explorer, geological engineer, reservoir geologist) and

Engineers ( chemical engineer, mechanical engineer, civil engineer and electrical engineer)
Who do they employ most

Thanks
How do you get inside the top offices of a high building without being invited and using elevator or stairs after being invited ? Answering this question will give you the reason why the top is not overcrowded, but in all cases there are very few exceptions which we call miracles, like being invited accidentally to the top of the building because you were at the right place at the right time and you did something exceptional that is very rare to see and those sitting at the top will be fascinated to see that unique ability you displayed that their scout accidentally came in touch with you when you were doing it. Hope you get the point ? Even advanced countries with all your skills you need recommedations or reference by others linked directly or indirectly to the Organization but the difference with Nigeria is that if you are good and keep getting better it is just a matter of time you will get noticed by scouts while in Nigeria most scouts are not even looking for extraordinart abilities but managing with what they recommended or their bosses brought it and coping with it. In some few cases the not so good ones becomes serious and learn on the job and becomes an asset, while others outsource basic duties to professionals outside office at more cost and majority just do anyhow they deem fit.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
cool
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by oluwaseunamos33(m): 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
Yes/no
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by GloriousGbola: 4:49pm On May 25, 2022
Unlikely.

Any internship anywhere is by some sort of referall

2 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Nonymartin(m): 4:50pm On May 25, 2022
Hmm
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by NeonDee(m): 4:50pm On May 25, 2022
IsaacNewton869:
You guys no do well ooo, 89 views with no reply

Plz na����
Chill... You're on FP now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Mko123(m): 4:50pm On May 25, 2022
I'm also a civil engineering undergraduate, what are my chances too?
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Abaman001(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
Rivers State also have a palm oil company called rasome palm, it's a state owñ palm oil firm, you can try them since it's a state owñ establishment, it's must not be exximobile...let promote Loca industries for more indigenous industrialization....

20 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Goldenheart(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
wink
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by joshtooxplicit: 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
What God cannot do, does not exist.

4 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by discusant: 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
Back in the 1980s, even NNPC would not take you for NYSC without connection, talk less Exon Mobil then and now. Corruption has been deep-rooted in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Parachoko: 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
You can't
Re: Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? by Kiddogarcia(m): 4:51pm On May 25, 2022
Ohhh what I do know?
Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

MTN Call Center -mayfair Garden By Cnssl/ison Bpo / Police Officers' Salary Increased By 20%, Approved By FEC / Lagos Discovers N13m From Accounts Of Dead Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.