Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,863 members, 7,813,944 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job (36748 Views)

Polaris Bank Contract Staff Threaten Strike Over Salary Disparity / Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Labragadaya: 9:49pm On Dec 01, 2019
Please I Need Advise Urgently!

Pls I just registered this handle to avoid any form of backlash.

Here's my issue, I graduated in 2015 and I've been doing several things to keep body and soul together. However, late this year I got a teaching job in my states Civil service. The pay is somewhere BTW 45 to 50k and my place of assignment is in a rural area.

Pls also note that I do not have an education certificate which if I do not acquire soonest might cost me some years in promotions and maybe my job eventually.

On the other hand, I would like to pursue and build my career in the discipline I studied in school (a technical inclined course)and also further my education here (masters degree) which might provide me with better job opportunities and my teaching job provides ample time for this.

Well, the cause of my present dilemma is this - Recently, I got shortlisted for a job as a contract staff in a bank. I have just been deployed and I've been directed to resume within the week. The pay is around 85k per month plus other benefits.

Right now, I am confused if I should stick with the govt teaching job or I should go for the contract bank work which initially is for a period of 1 year after which it might be renewed (dicey). Pls I need the advice of people who have been in my shoe or in it currently? Which do I go for? What do I do?

lala pls move to front page

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by SUPERPACK: 10:27pm On Dec 01, 2019
Without prior notice, first Bank of Nigeria sacked contract staff across the 36 States of Nigeria.
The bank has claimed that they sacked only the contract staff whose contract ended.
The staff were reported to have received the shocking news lately yesterday.
This new development affected the services of the bank in the early hours of Thursday, November, 2019
Customers may experience delay banking with first bank today.
Some of the sacked staff described their sack as sudden.
The empty desks of the sacked staff need to be occupied as soon as possible. While doing that, the system needs to accept the new operators which causes delay as operators send request to the bank database for fresh registration.
Those requesting for ATM, opening of accounts were told to come back another as the systems failed to load.
In case you didn’t see your favorite staff as you visit your branch, know that he/she has been fired.
We wish all the affected staff Good Luck as they move on.

170 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by tevanso(m): 10:45pm On Dec 01, 2019
Labragadaya:
Pls I just registered this handle to avoid any form of backlash, here's my issue I graduated in 2015 and I've been doing several things to keep body and soul together. How ever, late this year I got a teaching job in my states Civil service. The pay is somewhere BTW 45 to 50k and my place of assignment is in a rural area. Pls also note that I do not have an education certificate which if I do not acquire soonest might cost me some years in promotions and maybe my job eventually . On the other hand, I would like to pursue and build my career in the discipline I studied in school (a technical inclined course)and also further my education here (masters degree) which might provide me with better job opportunities and my teaching job provides ample time for this . Well, the cause of my present dilemma is this - Recently, I got shortlisted for a job as a contract staff in a bank. I have just been deployed and I've been directed to resume within the week. The pay is around 85k per month plus other benefits. Right now, I am confused if I should stick with the govt teaching job or I should go for the contract bank work which initially is for a period of 1 year after which it might be renewed (dicey). Pls I need the advice of people who have been in my shoe or in it currently? Which do I go for? What do I do?
lala pls move to front page
lalasticlala
accept the teaching job and use it to further ur education. when u are done. u can decide weather to stay on look for another opportunity

113 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Felixitie(m): 10:58pm On Dec 01, 2019
In this Era? Contract bank job isn't an ideal job and the future of such job isn't promising bro. No promotions and no time to develop. Take the government job and grow steadily and also have time to do some other things.

I wish you well bro

223 Likes 10 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by johnmartus(m): 12:10am On Dec 02, 2019
Obasanjo caused a lot of trouble for this country. The idea of hire workers was introduced during the Obasanjo administration. Since then some companies have been using the system to destroy the life of commoners in the country.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by AmazingELixir: 11:01am On Dec 02, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Beer money....how do people survive with such stipend

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by obembet(f): 11:01am On Dec 02, 2019
Go for Teaching and build ur self.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by MrHighSea: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2019
N35,000 problem.

3 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by waynejesus: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2019
Collect your 50k forget wahala abeg....

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:03am On Dec 02, 2019
Contract staffs can be sacked anytime without prior notice so use your head....

25 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by ednut1(m): 11:03am On Dec 02, 2019
Contract staff can be sacked anytime. Govt too can also owe salary for the teaching . Nigerian youth don suffer

98 Likes 7 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by airminem(f): 11:04am On Dec 02, 2019
grin

Dont get confused! You have gotten a good advice above.

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Kennyfancy(m): 11:04am On Dec 02, 2019
Ok
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by helinues: 11:04am On Dec 02, 2019
Go for teaching job if you want to be sleeping peacefully at night

If you are a good teacher, N50k salary + you should be getting at least 30k from extra coaching after school + additional tokens from appreciative parents

Voila N100k monthly with teaching job

128 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by passyhansome(m): 11:04am On Dec 02, 2019
As the Spirit Leads, not emotion

3 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Kennyfancy(m): 11:04am On Dec 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Beer money....how do people survive with such stipend
hm
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by OyiboOyibo(m): 11:04am On Dec 02, 2019
Raymond29n:
Hmmm
May the God Of Buhari's next level strike you dead idiot....

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by lonelydora: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
Check my signature.

Put in another way, the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know.

With these few words of mine, I'm sure you have made a choice.

3 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by mozona(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
guy continue your teaching work abeg.....

A bird in hand is....

12 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
Right now, I am confused if I should stick with the govt teaching job or I should go for the contract bank work [b]which initially is for a period of 1 year [/b]after which it might be renewed (dicey)
There is no guarantee that you will even work up to a year as a CONTRACT staff before they let you gi

Keep doing the teaching job before you go for what you are really after...which is

On the other hand, I would like to pursue and build my career in the discipline I studied in school (a technical inclined course)and also further my education here (masters degree) which might provide me with better job opportunities and my teaching job provides ample time for this. 

All the very best .

johnmartus:
Obasanjo caused a lot of trouble for this country. The idea of hire workers was introduced during the Obasanjo administration. Since then some companies have been using the system to destroy the life of commoners in the country.
Hmmmmmm, this is deep!
johnmartus:
Yes something must be done to that. The only people i thought should allow to hire people should be road construction engineer.
You have a good point here Mr John.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by ZombieTERROR: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
School sure pass...

You will have time and life

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Majlaw(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
Brother... If u need time to chop life, go for the teaching Job

15 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
As sad as it seems teach the teaching job. Most banking jobs are scam

14 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by itsme01: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
cool

Take the 50k public school teaching job, atleast you can have time for other things like business and schooling during holidays

Popularity,and acceptability sometimes is the main enemy of progress..... most people who started with unpopular and less acceptable options or jobs would grow into success and progress, but some who started with popular and acceptable options and chioces sometimes have difficulty progressing

Banking might seem all that flashy than being a rural teacher but if you want a steady secure progress, opt for teaching

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
Taking the teaching job is the Best decision you can ever make. You might get sack in bank any time any day.
My cents

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Otiwaikuku: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Without prior notice, first Bank of Nigeria sacked contract staff across the 36 States of Nigeria.
The bank has claimed that they sacked only the contract staff whose contract ended.
The staff were reported to have received the shocking news lately yesterday.
This new development affected the services of the bank in the early hours of Thursday, November, 2019
Customers may experience delay banking with first bank today.
Some of the sacked staff described their sack as sudden.
The empty desks of the sacked staff need to be occupied as soon as possible. While doing that, the system needs to accept the new operators which causes delay as operators send request to the bank database for fresh registration.
Those requesting for ATM, opening of accounts were told to come back another as the systems failed to load.
In case you didn’t see your favorite staff as you visit your branch, know that he/she has been fired.
We wish all the affected staff Good Luck as they move on.
Bank job has no job security.
Go for public school teaching.Its a neglected noble job with job security, pension and gratuity.You will still have time to do other things and develop yourself.

16 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Funkybabee(f): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
Just because of 30k differ u mean..

Order your cakes from us at an affordable price.
We deliver with an exceptional taste.
God bless as you patronage

3 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by emmabest2000(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
Government work in 9ja ?

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

When You Start Collecting Salary (Photos) / 21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People / 20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.