Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) (59996 Views)

Can You Buy This Beautiful Design For N6,977,600 / You’re Not Allowed Buy This Luxury Wristwatch Unless You Buy A FORD GT Supercar! / Where Can I Buy This Mannequin Head In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 22, 2022
Designer brand Balenciaga recently unveiled a new limited-edition line of footwear so damaged and dirty that most people wouldn’t be caught wearing it in public.

There’s such a thing as “distressed clothing” and it can actually look pretty nice, but sometimes designers go too far and we end up with some really weird products. Now, when it comes to pushing the envelope, Balenciaga is right up there with some of the most daring fashion brands, but being cutting edge comes with a high risk of looking ridiculous.

A pair of Balenciaga Paris High Top Sneakers will set you back $625, but if you’re looking for the heavily destroyed version, that one will cost you almost three times that much. It’s hard to explain why, because they look like someone just picked up a pair of beat-up old Converse sneakers, wore them daily for another year or so and then slapped the ‘Balenciaga’ name on them.

The promotional photos put out by the fashion house have sparked quite the controversy on social media, with people wondering if Balenciaga is just trolling its fans at this point, and others trying to understand why anyone would pay $1,850 for its new “full destroyed” sneakers.

“If you bought the $1,850 Balenciaga sneaker that looks like it was run over by a lawnmower please seek help but also please reach out to me because I would like to understand where you mind was at in that moment,” writer Brendan Dunne tweeted.

But even though reactions to the bizarre footwear – of which only 100 pairs are available for purchase – have been overwhelmingly negative, one could say that Balenciaga’s marketing team reached its goal. People are talking about the beat-up sneakers and photos of them are all over social media. I guess that’s a win, right?

Source: https://www.odditycentral.com/news/luxury-brand-sells-1850-fully-destroyed-sneakers.html

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Arthurity1(m): 4:17pm On May 22, 2022
Pure madness!

204 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by rtdCivilservant: 4:25pm On May 22, 2022
Yes, the one I bought for $10,000 looked worst than this. We the rich buy stuffs like this to show we are there.

213 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Realist12: 4:54pm On May 22, 2022
I hope Balenciaga is donating the revenue to the homeless

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 22, 2022
Cool.
I can see y'all getting prepared for the Zth Century.
With Balenciaga's distressed shoes in circulation, bipolar Yeezy in the West supplying his tattered wears and China in Asia working all day, on the zombie virus, World Era Z is almost set.

Well, am I surprised? No sir.
The other time the donkey of a guy was struggling to save his fingers from the Lion, a more surprising thing in the backdrop was onlookers all posed like statue zombies, glued to their phone cameras, busy recording and not in any way showed concern as the guy wrestled with the lion.
Social media era is launching the world into a totally strange era where people are gradually evolving into zombies but everyone don't yet realize everyone is no longer normal.

By year 2080, the world's stupidity by then would be longer than Bet9ja slip.

86 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by tillaman(m): 5:09pm On May 22, 2022
Fuvck NO

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by meobizy(f): 5:56pm On May 22, 2022
Damn. Lol. I’ll get it for 1,850 naira. Anything higher and they can miss me with that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Uprightness100(m): 7:56pm On May 22, 2022
The cloths that were used to identify mad people in those days are what many put on today with confindence and Pride.
The World itself is becoming more abnormal and mad as we see it advancing all sorts of unnatural and abnormally.

So this should not Suprise u.

31 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Nastydroid(m): 8:02pm On May 22, 2022
Lol madness
Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by DenreleDave(m): 8:06pm On May 22, 2022
Only an Oloribu will buy a zombie sneaker

Rubbish. Oyinbo and nonsense waste of money

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by McGg: 8:31am On May 23, 2022
AudioMonkey:
Cool.
I can see y'all getting prepared for the Zth Century.
With Balenciaga's distressed shoes in circulation, bipolar Yeezy in the West supplying his tattered wears and China in Asia working all day, on the zombie virus, World Era Z is almost set.

Well, am I surprised? No sir.
The other time the donkey of a guy was struggling to save his fingers from the Lion, a more surprising thing in the backdrop was onlookers all posed like statue zombies, glued to their phone cameras, busy recording and not in any way showed concern as the guy wrestled with the lion.
Social media era is launching the world into a totally strange era where people are gradually evolving into zombies but everyone don't yet realize everyone is no longer normal.

By year 2080, the world's stupidity by then would be longer than Bet9ja slip.

You have a very right assessment of the future

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by FalseProphet1(m): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
Whoever buys that demonic infested shoe for that amount would need generational deliverance, cos the dark forces have a strong hold on him.

This I have seen.

15 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by PeinDanzo(m): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2022
Anyone who votes for APC in 2023 is a brain dead fool. Don't get used to suffering and corruption. This is not how a normal country functions

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Lamasta(m): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
This one na vanity so I cannot buy it with my money

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by naija4life247: 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
Not even at gun point

5 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by kenedy175(m): 5:29pm On Jul 23, 2022
If it will make me like Mike, I'll even pay double for it
Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Hallabee1(m): 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
rtdCivilservant:
Yes, the one I bought for $10,000 looked worst than this. We the rich buy stuffs like this to show we are there.

Aje...

Take this

6 Likes

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by iCauseTrouble: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
sad
Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Mindlog: 5:30pm On Jul 23, 2022
Ment.... cheesy
Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
Is it for ritual purposes?

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by gift2xl: 5:31pm On Jul 23, 2022
With their empowerment it will sell because revelation 18:1-end explains their stand.
Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by DrBrainstorm(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
#250 last grin
Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Reference(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Hmmm.... interesting. Wonder if they are impregnated with landfill smells to complete the 'experience'..... angry

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Kukukillus: 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
Yeye dey smell
Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Youngwiz71(m): 5:32pm On Jul 23, 2022
If you buy am just know say no be shoe you buy, na art you buy

1 Like

Re: Would You Buy This 'Dirty, Destroyed Sneakers' Priced At $1850 (Photos) by Hallabee1(m): 5:33pm On Jul 23, 2022
DenreleDave:
Only an Oloribu will buy a zombie sneaker

Rubbish. Oyinbo and nonsense waste of money

Aje

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Women Are Dying For Bigger Butts, 33 Have Died On Surgical Table In 5years(Pics) / What I Ordered VS What I Got: Angry Lady Confronts Her Tailor (pics/video) / How To Wear Leggings: Avoid These Style Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.