Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,521 members, 7,812,626 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:22 PM

What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question (22110 Views)

How To Answer The Interview Question, “Tell Me About Yourself.” / What Should u say When Asked This Question In An Interview / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Iamyemmie: 6:08pm On May 22, 2022
I did a job interview a while back,the name on the company email that scheduled me for interview was hr54gene something something sha
So it was the company I googled about and studied I didn’t know the job I applied for was for one of the companies they work with 7something lab Cos I be applying to a lot of jobs ,I set google jobs alert for a specific job and location I want .

So I didn’t really remember that company I applied to.

Fast forward to interview sha , They asked a lot of questions which I answered
They asked about the 54gene company too I answered that Then they asked about the 7riverlab
I said I had no idea And I could see the disappointment on their faces
The lady was like don’t I know the company I applied for
I been blaming myself sha Maybe I should have just thought of something

There was one time too
The lady was asking me to list all the systems in the body (secondary school stuffs o)
This hr people wicked

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by money121(m): 12:59pm On May 23, 2022
Ok

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Offpoint1: 12:59pm On May 23, 2022
Your own better, I once asked over the phone "Sorry, what position did I applied for again? " grin the lady just went silent for couple of seconds, then sigh and re-affirmed if I go by the name xxxxx xxxx offpoint.

Nobi my fault, sapa make person sent 100 cv daily on LinkedIn and all known job sites to mankind, and I don apply for all job positions known to mankind including dog assistant grin grin madam asked me "Why are your Educational qualifications missing?" I asked her "is it necessary or relevant to the position I'm applying for? I need educational qualifications to take give dog food and pack shit? grin grin

Ogun go kee past and present Nigeria Leaders.

You sey make you start personal hustle, environment no gree, you sey make you find job, na war... you come see job, pay na peanut...job stress na elephant

136 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Skillsnigeria: 1:00pm On May 23, 2022
grin hmmm
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Uniquetani1(f): 1:00pm On May 23, 2022
You would have research more on the company you are applying for.

Sorry, it's experience

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by zxxtx: 1:00pm On May 23, 2022
Say
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by chatinent: 1:00pm On May 23, 2022
“ I was informed it was a #### (name anything), and since it was sth I could do, I quickly went for it.”

At that moment, be composing sth you feel is line with it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by meritadavize1(m): 1:01pm On May 23, 2022
K
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by CTee1: 1:01pm On May 23, 2022
���..
I heard one construction company is employing so I went there with my cv. The security guy gave me pass to see one Mr White guy(civil engineer). I introduced myself as a civil engineer. Mr White took me to PM office for interview immediately... PM go through my cv then asked one simple but technical question... Mr White dey look me for my ansa Omo... Na ones I begin talk anytin wey enter my mouth... God so kind PM said I got it grin grin grin. Next time talk anytin never keep mute. Las las I dey work as casual after one month em go make me full staff... Peace

98 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by NwaNimo1(m): 1:01pm On May 23, 2022
Just politely ask them why they are asking such simple stupid questions...and they should find something harder for you or else you are off!

.....then say a quick prayer and hope for the best!

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by IbokPatrick(m): 1:01pm On May 23, 2022
Laugh and compliment the interviewer on his or her looks and how the company is being run and make sure we have an agreement on something about how to be successful in your position. Then go back to ask him/her to ask the question again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Ifakiland(m): 1:01pm On May 23, 2022
Iamyemmie:
I did a job interview a while back,the name on the company email that scheduled me for interview was hr54gene something something sha
So it was the company I googled about and studied I didn’t know the job I applied for was for one of the companies they work with 7something lab Cos I be applying to a lot of jobs ,I set google jobs alert for a specific job and location I want .

They asked about the 54gene company too I answered that Then they asked about the 7riverlab

There was one time too
The lady was asking me to list all the systems in the body (secondary school stuffs o)
This hr people wicked
When I'm asked a question I don't know the answer, I'll always tell dem "sir/ma, I don't have an answer to that question, but I'll always find a way to find answers to questions I don't know answers to, and I always find it"

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by socialmediaman: 1:01pm On May 23, 2022
It’s no crime to apply to multiple jobs but it’s important to read about the company that invites you for interview.

Someone took time to read your resume and consider you qualified for a job, at least take some time to read about the company and think about why you were selected based on your resume

You could also admit that you applied to multiple jobs, and though you read each of them and thought you were qualified before applying, you don’t remember the particular company at the moment and will appreciate help with more information. That is still disappointing but there’s a chance your interviewer could pardon the error you’re lucky

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by dododawa1: 1:01pm On May 23, 2022
Noted,and say none.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 23, 2022
I no know naa ni. Abi wetin person go do?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by atobs4real(m): 1:02pm On May 23, 2022
accept that you don;t know it instead of advertising your stupidity

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Delawstar: 1:02pm On May 23, 2022
ENIPE/ ESOPE

8 Likes

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by DropsMic(m): 1:02pm On May 23, 2022
Ehya
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by princeemmma(m): 1:02pm On May 23, 2022
What i learn from going to different interview is that you need to be yourself, if you don't know anything just be true by saying the word "no idea"

I earned my current job by being myself, i wore a slippers palm to the interview, why? because i dont have any shoes or sanders at the time of interview?

I was asked why i wore a slippers, i told them i was planning to buy myself a shoe when i get the job and they all smile

that's how i get the job

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by phemmyfour: 1:03pm On May 23, 2022
Iamyemmie:

There was one time too
This hr people wicked
You should learn to find out about the company and likely questions before the interview day. HR are always impress about job seekers who know so much about them.

Those days, I usually targeted their "mission and vision" statement and the CEO 's name

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by LeslieChow(m): 1:03pm On May 23, 2022
Just say you don't know. Highest they won't give you the job.

I do not attempt to answer questions I don't know the answers to in an interview. You may end up rambling and saying nothing. The interviewers will have a good laugh at your expense.

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Built2last: 1:03pm On May 23, 2022
For such question, just say i have applied for various roles in my quest for new job, quite a good number of them are via a recruitment agency and as you can tell, some of them won't tell you who the end client is. Making it difficult to read up when its not clear who they are hiring you for. My bad in this regard. I hope this does not in anyway undermine my chances as i can pretty much guaranty you that i will update my knowledge about the company immediately after this.

The kind ones will say, fair enough and judge you by other performance in the interview.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Jchi9876: 1:04pm On May 23, 2022
Some of these HR personnel in naija ask the dumbest questions. I dont know if the interviews are just formality to fulfil a quota. How do you ask someone to list all the "systems in the body".
If it was me I will ask her to define whatb"systems" mean then proceed to tell her nobody not even the greatest physician can do that in a 15min interview and if she can you'd be happy to learn from her/them/him.

It is important the person being interviewed shows some self worth and walk away if they ask dumb ass questions.

Rubbish people. Everybody wan they do power tussle
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Nobody: 1:04pm On May 23, 2022
You did the right thing

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by BOOKWORMLUX(m): 1:05pm On May 23, 2022
H
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Le2money(m): 1:06pm On May 23, 2022
It depends on who the interviewer is....of it's a white man/woman....oya just say ( humn..humn ) with a smile on ur face I swear na Dem go help u find answer to the question by themselves...I have tried this times without number and it works.....unlike those our ppl with dark minds

Iamyemmie:

There was one time too
This hr people wicked
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 23, 2022
I say No idea.

After all no one will beat me

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by pak: 1:06pm On May 23, 2022
Iamyemmie:

There was one time too
This hr people wicked

Yours is still quite fair.

Applied for a contract with the name of a newly formed company.
Because we had submitted multiple names before CAC accepted one, we forgot the name of the company while we were presenting.

I was asked by the head of the panel what the name of our company was, I looked at my two other team mates and they were blank (of course, everybody reading now will be saying why don't you just check the name on your damn proposal, but under pressure , crazy things happen)

Anyway, I mentioned the first name that came to my head afterwards, the head of the panel looked down at the proposal in front og him and said - but I have a different name here.

I sharply told him, it was a mix up and the wrong name I mentioned was a subsidiary that we used for other types of projects

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by Enyimbamercedes: 1:07pm On May 23, 2022
You say, “ that’s a good question, I do not know the answer to that”
Re: What Do You Say When You Don’t Know The Answer To An Interview Question by paulolee(m): 1:07pm On May 23, 2022
I'll jus say "good question bt pls I need a few mins, let me ask my friends on nairaland and I pray the mods push it to f.p on time"

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N-Power: How To Check Your Shortlising/selection Status Using *45665# / Fresh Graduate Job Vacancy At United Nations Volunteers (UNV) / Is Peace Corps Of Nigeria Now Illegal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.