Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 AM

How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits (1846 Views)

I Was Chosen As King: Should I Damn The Consequence Or Forget About It Entirely? / What Character Traits Do Your Parents Have That Annoy You So Much? / What Is The Right Age Or Time To Get Life Entirely Figured Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by DeutschJunge: 5:40pm On May 25, 2022
RightToReject:

Keep on deceiving yourself and looking for your fellow small-minded elements to tell you what you want to hear to make you feel good while you keep mistaking the fact that you are a special needs person for a special person. Yours isn't introversion and has nothing to do with TSLK personality - Wannabe Abraham Lincoln, Issac Newton, etc.

Once more, only you and small-minded elements like you would not understand that it takes a special breed of woman (a discerning woman that has affinity for people with special needs) to put up with you in the long run, until both of you find yourselves in a quagmire journey.

Mr Man free me naw!
Your mind is so big that i am already occupying a huge portion of it, i am flying around in that big head-mind of yours like casper the ghost, right? Please ease off on the obsession. If trampling on people and trying to make them feel wortless to boost your dwarf ego is what gets you off, baba, you will forever remain flacid on this thread.

Point of correction, i never said i wanted to be like those people i mentioned in an earlier post, i only gave you examples of special gifted people that accomplished amazing things in this life. You on the other hand, trying to force your opinion down peoples throat, while implying that you have a mind big enough to obsess over sombody you dont know on a faceless forum, now thats a BIG-USELESS mind!

I ask kindly again, avoid my mentions!

4 Likes

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by Munzy14(m): 5:43pm On May 25, 2022
mariahAngel:

grin grin grin

At least, you've got some humour. That is a very important quality. grin
You can read people too. I think that is special.
Finally F in your moniker... grin grin

What inspired that? Kwuo eziokwu o le ihe mere nu?
Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by Munzy14(m): 5:46pm On May 25, 2022
DeutschJunge:

Mr Man free me naw!
You are giving the online sabinus audience, so expect more of the Mama Ngozi and her yard people talks.

You know the saying, silence is best option to such
Urchins when they start constituting nuisance.

3 Likes

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by mariahAngel(f): 6:04pm On May 25, 2022
Munzy14:

Finally F in your moniker... grin grin

What inspired that? Kwuo eziokwu o le ihe mere nu?

Does it really matter? cheesy

Nothing really.
Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by DeutschJunge: 6:24pm On May 25, 2022
NoToPile:

Well it's not possible to have a 30-60 min conversation with your spouse weekly and you can't have a healthy marriage with little contact / communication with your spouse. That's 10 minutes of talk per day.

You have to communicate, you have to engage your spouse, there are no 2 ways about it. You will have to work on it

My husband is very reserved, I think not up to this extent anyway, he once told me all the words he has spoken since we got married is much more than all his words before he got married.

He sees talking as a chore lots of times and would rather keep quiet but in marriage there's always something to talk about, always something to do and discuss together.

Now the talking has extended to the kids, he communicates with them too, he is still seen outside as the extremely reserved guy but he does communicate at home there are times he just goes quiet which I understand but I wouldn't like it if he was totally quiet like that all the time.

I know that, obviously it will be more. I like to keep conversations meaningful, so usually my favorite form of conversation with colleagues and people at least at this point in life, is usually straight question and answer. Tell me what you need, i give you what you need and vice versa. No small talk. Now, with a spouse that might be slightly different, but i am not banking on the fact that it would be significantly different.

I really appreciate youur contribution, You have first hand account and experience, which is why i created this thread. Do you mind if i ask more questions about the dynamics of your relationship?

-Does play/joke/fool around more now years into the marriage than he was before?
-If yes, how long did it take and how did you encourage it?
-if you could change anything about his personality, what would it be?
-How would you advice another woman who wants to marry someone like him?
-Do you genuinely love him or you are managing him? (you can choose not to answer, but if you do please be honest)
-If you could go back in time, would you marry him? (again you can choose not to answer)
Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by Munzy14(m): 6:31pm On May 25, 2022
mariahAngel:

Does it really matter? cheesy

Nothing really.
Don't be too smart biko...

What happened? cheesy O wu maka ndi kpoga gi bro grin grin..

Even Adanne angel o nwekwaranu F?

It matters o..unless i chohu i gwa m the Inspiration behind it..

Mgbe ahu it was looking like three bear's case of genderless..until he later added M grin grin

Weird somebody.
Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by RightToReject(m): 6:33pm On May 25, 2022
DeutschJunge:

Mr Man free me naw!
Your mind is so big that i am already occupying a huge portion of it, i am flying around in that big head-mind of yours like casper the ghost, right? Please ease off on the obsession. If trampling on people and trying to make them feel wortless to boost your dwarf ego is what gets you off, baba, you will forever remain flacid on this thread.

Point of correction, i never said i wanted to be like those people i mentioned in an earlier post, i only gave you examples of special gifted people that accomplished amazing things in this life. You on the other hand, trying to force your opinion down peoples throat, while implying that you have a mind big enough to obsess over sombody you dont know on a faceless forum, now thats a BIG-USELESS mind!

I ask kindly again, avoid my mentions!

I don't give a damn about your ranting and balderdash. It is good that I have been able to knock you into reality a bit and you now know that you are a man with special needs and not a special man, so you can scram and direct your further mention to small-minded elements like you. People like you that have a disorder where delusions of grandeur are dominant and desire for others who will put you on a pedestal (an addiction you cannot afford to give up), even though it makes you worse, are inseparable.

Bumpkin.
Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by DeutschJunge: 6:45pm On May 25, 2022
Na wa o,
A lady asked earlier why i do not use social media, this is the exact reason here. This individual ^^^^^^^^^

Apparently, he dosen't take rejection well. The funny thing is that i am a man and he is already so obsessed and stalking me. I fear for the women in his life. I can only imagine the abuse. I pray for your healing.

4 Likes

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by DeutschJunge: 8:22pm On May 25, 2022
JovialJune:
Are you at least handsome? It can cover up the lack of communication when in a relationship, some ladies no mind

Can you at least be on WhatsApp, because I don't see the difference between being on this forum and WhatsApp, na still same chatting format.

Beauty is subjective, i think i am a 10. But, heck you might see me and think i am a 50 on a scale of 10.
Anyways, that was just a joke. Beauty fades, if you however love someone for who they are, that remains for a life time. So, i am not looking for someone that wants eye candy. Besides, money can make anybody fine, just look at the before and after pics of celebrities.

I will try to be on whatsapp, i just fear that i might not respond to messages on time and that will rub off on people the wrong way, but i will work on that.

Thanks for the contribution.

2 Likes

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by Mryacks: 8:29pm On May 25, 2022
DeutschJunge:

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, you are right and I have thought about that, that is why I also try to look for a medical doctor. That way it is easier to explain to her and she would understand (based on her profession), even if she is ignorant, she can always do quick a research and she will understand.

The problem is most women think the can change you when you fall in love with them. They will form understanding at the beginning, down the line they will now start trying to change and tamper with default settings.

Secondly, women like their partner to be someone they can goof around and be all silly with. Basically, laugh and play like kids. That’s what keeps, maintains and in most cases increase their love for a man. I am VERY stiff! So, the thought that a woman will be managing you, rather than love you is just scary!

Thirdly, I was watching a documentary today about “ ghislaine maxwell” (of you don’t know her, google it). It is so obvious that if you are rich, it goes a long way to making a woman(some) love you, even if you are the worst person in the world. I am not yet on the level of buy luxury items for a woman, besides I don’t want that kind of love.

Your brother is a very lucky man to find a very understanding wife.

I understand your points and concerns...believe me, you will be just fine eventually.

It is not all women that have all that goody goofy friendships going on with their spouses...
Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by JovialJune(f): 8:32pm On May 25, 2022
Munzy14:

You are giving the online sabinus audience, so expect more of the Mama Ngozi and her yard people talks.

You know the saying, silence is best option to such
Urchins when they start constituting nuisance.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by JovialJune(f): 8:38pm On May 25, 2022
DeutschJunge:
Na wa o,
A lady asked earlier why i do not use social media, this is the exact reason here. This individual ^^^^^^^^^

Apparently, he dosen't take rejection well. The funny thing is that i am a man and he is already so obsessed and stalking me. I fear for the women in his life. I can only imagine the abuse. I pray for your healing.

If you are consistent and constantly on these streets, you'd know he is our resident Cinderella, he has obsessively fought with every known female moniker here, and the funny delusion of it all is that, he goes by another named "Lord.ko" cheesy,

The "Lord" makes me laugh hilariously anytime I see it cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by JovialJune(f): 8:54pm On May 25, 2022
DeutschJunge:

Beauty is subjective, i think i am a 10. But, heck you might see me and think i am a 50 on a scale of 10.
Anyways, that was just a joke. Beauty fades, if you however love someone for who they are, that remains for a life time. So, i am not looking for someone that wants eye candy. Besides, money can make anybody fine, just look at the before and after pics of celebrities.

I will try to be on whatsapp, i just fear that i might not respond to messages on time and that will rub off on people the wrong way, but i will work on that.

Thanks for the contribution.

People say this "beauty fade" thing to console themselves abeg let's tell ourselves the truth, if you're fine you're fine, and you will keep aging like fine wine,

If you don't want exposure on other social media, pls try to be on WhatsApp so as to familiarize yourself with being able to communicate and flow with people, so pls work on that aspect

Thinking of it, I actually have a friend exactly like you and I'm already tired of being her friend sef, she's so introverted to the extent that she apologises everytime I chat her up, because she knows I will always complain about her silent treatment, I'm basically her only friend or acquaintance (I don't even know if she sees me as a friend sef) so your personality doesn't come as a surprise to me, with the way I keep advising her on improving her communication deficiency due to marriage etc, I'm sure she will block me one day cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by KevinDein: 9:18pm On May 25, 2022
JovialJune:

If you are consistent and constantly on these streets, you'd know he is our resident Cinderella, he has obsessively fought with every known female moniker here, and the funny delusion of it all is that, he goes by another name "Lord.ko" cheesy,

The "Lord" makes me laugh hilariously anytime I see it cheesy
Tbh, the emboldened kinda like implies he's more often than not on the right side. One should question his values if most of the women in this section are a fan of him.

1 Like

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by NoToPile: 9:33pm On May 25, 2022
DeutschJunge:

I know that, obviously it will be more. I like to keep conversations meaningful, so usually my favorite form of conversation with colleagues and people at least at this point in life, is usually straight question and answer. Tell me what you need, i give you what you need and vice versa. No small talk. Now, with a spouse that might be slightly different, but i am not banking on the fact that it would be significantly different.

I really appreciate youur contribution, You have first hand account and experience, which is why i created this thread. Do you mind if i ask more questions about the dynamics of your relationship?

-Does play/joke/fool around more now years into the marriage than he was before?
-If yes, how long did it take and how did you encourage it?
-if you could change anything about his personality, what would it be?
-How would you advice another woman who wants to marry someone like him?
-Do you genuinely love him or you are managing him? (you can choose not to answer, but if you do please be honest)
-If you could go back in time, would you marry him? (again you can choose not to answer)

@bolded with a spouse it will not be slightly different, it will be significantly different. Like 2 people from different backgrounds, orientation living together and you are saying it won't be significantly different abeg o.

I don't mind I will answer the ones I can.

- Play, joke/ fool around is mostly spontaneous, not something planned anyway. But I will say it is as it has been, if not lesser simply because there are more responsibilities now, little ones running up and down the house stressing everyone so not much time to catch fun, so the ones that happens we make the most of it. I could come with one Gist / aproko from the office and then we analyze dissect it, and then other conversations come in from his end and just when you are going with the flow a toddler needs attention grin

Just understand a lot of things can affect this, children, work, stress, even finances. A family without money might not be able to joke or fool around.

3. If I could, I would want him to talk more and not suck somethings in like most men do.

4. Hmm, the personality of the lady also comes into play, someone with an extreme out going, extroverted personality might (will) not be able to cope. So I would say if the person extremely extroverted there's no point they would be miles apart.

I need to say I am also a quiet indoor person, just that I communicate better with people closest to me,not a SM freak like him too, possibly this similarity helped.

Major difference is I believe in talking things through with my loved ones but outside I would rather be silent and ignore since I believe they really don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

5. Yeah I do and I am not managing.

6.Yeah I would, I don't need one hot head that will be frustrating life out of someone.

Let me add this

Please don't be stiff in your home, let your stiffness stay outside grin, most women cannot cope with a stiff man, they might just manage, Loosen up.
In marriage things flow naturally they just do, different things, you laugh together, cry together, celebrate the little successes, the big ones, you quarell, make up, etcetc.

All you need is one lady that will sweep you of your feet, that stiffness will disappear. grin just have an open mind.

1 Like

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by JovialJune(f): 9:34pm On May 25, 2022
KevinDein:

Tbh, the emboldened kinda like implies he's more often than not on the right side. One should question his values if most of the women in this section are a fan of him.

Yeah, men who are unbiased and fair in logic and comments are often seen as wrong because of the "I must support my gender no matter what" mentality most remote controlled boys like you display, tell me what's new, anything women triggers your core non stop.....you've been noticed.

3 Likes

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by NoToPile: 9:40pm On May 25, 2022
JovialJune:

When some women people can knowingly marry a violent man, Op's own is small, don't be surprised what some women will endure just to answer "Mrs"

Besides, there is a difference between a no conversation relationship and lack of communication fa, Op can talk, he just can't talk much cheesy

There are different grades of not talking much his own is a higher grade. OPs case seems like not talking at all to me. grin

1 Like

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by KevinDein: 10:09pm On May 25, 2022
JovialJune:

Yeah, men who are unbiased and fair in logic and comments are often seen as wrong because of the I must support my gender no matter what mentality most remote controlled boys like you display, tell me what's new, anything women triggers your core non stop.....you've been noticed.
Lol, I find the emboldened funny, coming from you. Seems you haven't even been paying attention to your posts, ma'am. grin
Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by JovialJune(f): 10:13pm On May 25, 2022
KevinDein:

Lol, I find the emboldened funny, coming from you. Seems you haven't even been paying attention to your posts, ma'am. grin

Me? I'm innocent grin

angry

3 Likes

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by DeutschJunge: 2:30pm On May 26, 2022
NoToPile:

Well you will have to communicate, it's not a sort of default settings if you ask me, your wife is someone you should be open to, even if you are quiet outside, there should be some liveliness with her, No woman will want a silent guy totally silent.

So bro you will need to unstiff your self, even stiff people become relaxed in the presence of their spouse. Your stiffness should not extend home.

Sorry to ask oo but don't you laugh? You made it sound like it's wrong to laugh and play as kids grin

Yes I know, from my experience although not as a married person, if you play with women a lot they usually take it too far and that respect thing evaporates. I on the other hand, I am very huge on respect. I give people respect and I would like the same in return.

I laugh and I am a very sarcastic person, I am sure you’d have picked that up from this thread. The problem with that is, women are quite emotional and I can say something sarcastically that will really hurt her.

Biglittlelois:

This!!!

Alright, I would work on the points there.

Do you have any experience you’d like to share? It would be highly appreciated.
Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by DeutschJunge: 3:43pm On May 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

grin grin grin

At least, you've got some humour. That is a very important quality. grin
You can read people too. I think that is special.

Thank you. I am glad you picked up on that.
Not many people do.
Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 26, 2022
Munzy14:

Your case is extreme case of Introverts....Of course most introverts are high intellectual beings and most are special as well.

In your search for a partner, you will be needing a 50/50 lady...More like an Ambivert.

An extremely introvert lady will bore you, because a man stir up conversation, since you aren't the communicating type, She won't.

An extreme extrovert on the other hand will find you boring,and will likely get attracted to that guy in the office who is always on the go with a touch of talkative cheesy.

So, an ambivert lady is your best bet...She will take time to study and understand your personality...

You on the other hand..Must adjust your style a bit to accommodate and give her the chance/opportunity to understand you.

Relationship/marriage must have communication..It is a must.. I mean conversations are necessary..It could be you explaining things about your day,
teach him abeg! His own is to much
Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by Biglittlelois(f): 3:48pm On May 27, 2022
DeutschJunge:

Alright, I would work on the points there.

Do you have any experience you’d like to share? It would be highly appreciated.

I don't really have any experience to share, sorry.

1 Like

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by DeutschJunge: 7:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
JovialJune:

People say this "beauty fade" thing to console themselves abeg let's tell ourselves the truth, if you're fine you're fine, and you will keep aging like fine wine,

If you don't want exposure on other social media, pls try to be on WhatsApp so as to familiarize yourself with being able to communicate and flow with people, so pls work on that aspect

Thinking of it, I actually have a friend exactly like you and I'm already tired of being her friend sef, she's so introverted to the extent that she apologises everytime I chat her up, because she knows I will always complain about her silent treatment, I'm basically her only friend or acquaintance (I don't even know if she sees me as a friend sef) so your personality doesn't come as a surprise to me, with the way I keep advising her on improving her communication deficiency due to marriage etc, I'm sure she will block me one day cheesy

Fineness and good genes are two different things.
A not so attractive person can go shopping, get some nice fit, a clean hair cut and style himself up and instantly look fine. Someone with good genes on the other had, will always be fine even with very little effort.

So yeah, nobody needs to console themselves because fineness is subjective. Look at before and after pics of p.square or Mikel obi.

That your friend, I would suggest that you keep being supportive and encourage her. Build trust with her, and slowly carry her along. Don’t threaten to drop or cut her off, she will do it first. Also, don’t force her to be social, it doesn’t come naturally to her.

Every being created is fine.

1 Like

Re: How To Manage A Spouse With Entirely Different Social Traits by DeutschJunge: 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2022
NoToPile:

@bolded with a spouse it will not be slightly different, it will be significantly different. Like 2 people from different backgrounds, orientation living together and you are saying it won't be significantly different abeg o.

I don't mind I will answer the ones I can.

- Play, joke/ fool around is mostly spontaneous, not something planned anyway. But I will say it is as it has been, if not lesser simply because there are more responsibilities now, little ones running up and down the house stressing everyone so not much time to catch fun, so the ones that happens we make the most of it. I could come with one Gist / aproko from the office and then we analyze dissect it, and then other conversations come in from his end and just when you are going with the flow a toddler needs attention grin

Just understand a lot of things can affect this, children, work, stress, even finances. A family without money might not be able to joke or fool around.

3. If I could, I would want him to talk more and not suck somethings in like most men do.

4. Hmm, the personality of the lady also comes into play, someone with an extreme out going, extroverted personality might (will) not be able to cope. So I would say if the person extremely extroverted there's no point they would be miles apart.

I need to say I am also a quiet indoor person, just that I communicate better with people closest to me,not a SM freak like him too, possibly this similarity helped.

Major difference is I believe in talking things through with my loved ones but outside I would rather be silent and ignore since I believe they really don't matter in the grand scheme of things.

5. Yeah I do and I am not managing.

6.Yeah I would, I don't need one hot head that will be frustrating life out of someone.

Let me add this

Please don't be stiff in your home, let your stiffness stay outside grin, most women cannot cope with a stiff man, they might just manage, Loosen up.
In marriage things flow naturally they just do, different things, you laugh together, cry together, celebrate the little successes, the big ones, you quarell, make up, etcetc.

All you need is one lady that will sweep you of your feet, that stiffness will disappear. grin just have an open mind.

You misunderstood what I meant, I meant giving that I don’t like to engage much in conversations, as a married person it would change as I will have to engage more with my spouse but I do not think it will be significantly different from the person I am now. I could be wrong though.

On the stiffness, I don’t mean I am full time soldier. I just mean I get flustered easily, and things can fall apart very fast if I don’t have it a planned and structured manner. Basically, I’d rather have things planned and structured than wing it or be completely spontaneous.

Also, I am big on respect and I noticed if you too flexible with them females, they go just do “see finish”.

Thank you for answering the questions, you were of immerse help and provides some insight into the topic.

I wish you and your hubby all the best.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Don’t Want Marriage, Children – Female Lawyer, Ifunanya / Domestic Violence / Help! She Wants To Force Me Into Marrying Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.