Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,584 members, 7,861,777 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 07:14 PM

Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary (28238 Views)

Buhari Hosts Adamu, Governors ,Others Ahead Of APC Presidential Primary / Anger As Presidency Boycotts Meeting With South South Governors, Others / APC Releases Obaseki’s WAEC Result, 5 Others Ahead Of Party’s Primaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by ledaman: 10:09am On May 25, 2022
DonFreshmoney:
It is happening...

More faeces on the Pampers
Calm down consensus can't work. If not APC will lose the election in a monumental ways. A typical Northern man will never vote for Osibande a Christian dude.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Truthisunique2: 10:12am On May 25, 2022
donphilopus:

Whether he signs the bill or not, it has nothing to do with consensus. He may have his choice but if one of the aspirants refuses to step down for his choice, primaries would hold and a winner must emerge.
primaries aren't holding

He has paused the screening for a reason, he would propose the consesus and bring the withdrawal letter for all to sign

Whoever doesn't sign would be disgracefully disqualified in the screening and Tinubu would be major culprit
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by kokoA(m): 10:17am On May 25, 2022
ledaman:
Calm down consensus can't work. If not APC will lose the election in a monumental ways. A typical Northern man will never vote for Osibande a Christian dude.
That's not true. Northerners don't think like that. They vote for whoever their leaders tell them to vote for. Have your forgotten that GEJ won Buhari in 2011 when he had the backing of northern leaders. If a figure like Buhari says vote for the Pope, believe me those guys will come out en mass.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Plus10(m): 10:19am On May 25, 2022
This only means Buhari preferred candidate is not Tinubu.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by ledaman: 10:21am On May 25, 2022
kokoA:
That's not true. Northerners don't think like that. They vote for whoever their leaders tell them to vote for. Have your forgotten that GEJ won Buhari in 2011 when he had the backing of northern leaders. If a figure like Buhari says vote for the Pope, believe me those guys will come out en mass.
Bro it is not seen the way. I was born and brought up in North am talking from core experience and fact.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by nedu666: 10:22am On May 25, 2022
donphilopus:

Whether he signs the bill or not, it has nothing to do with consensus. He may have his choice but if one of the aspirants refuses to step down for his choice, primaries would hold and a winner must emerge.

Have u heard of disqualification. What if tinubu and co are disqualified on convention day based on the fact they failed screening process. Has consensus not be achieved. Do u still need a disqualified candidate to agree to consensus

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by donphilopus: 10:23am On May 25, 2022
nedu666:

Have u heard of disqualification. What if tinubu and co are disqualified on convention day based on the fact they failed screening process. Has consensus not be achieved. Do u still need a disqualified candidate to agree to consensus

That should be the end of APC. Lol
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by SledgeHammerer: 10:25am On May 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
I am happy una don dey shift goalpost to beautify this consesus

How una left everyone must contest with open field to beautifing consesus can only be understood by una

There are two types of consesus

There is the one the candidate come together to avoid wasting resources and friction and elect one person among them which is usually the most popular (this is the one you are talking about)

There is the other consensus where a leader or godfather introduces to get his own candidate as flagbearer, in this case like buhari the leader have a preferred choice and have the ability to bend every aspirants to it

Na the second consensus APC dey use

There'll be a primary on 29th of May, that's incontestable, indubitable and unarguable. Take it to the bank.

Nothing has changed and no goal post is shifted because I know what you don't know. You don't know anything other than what you see in nairaland and your negative energy driven by unnecessary hate for a man whose caliber nobody in your entire generation can match up to.

My clarification was to educate you and clear your ignorance about the misconception concerning your wrong understanding of consensus.

I've said it severally that there's no option of consensus in the APC revised constitution for presidential candidate and the new electoral law clearly describes the only way a consensus can be valid and accepted by INEC. But as usual una dead brains nor dey fit process anything reasonable.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:27am On May 25, 2022
donphilopus:

Did primaries hold then or not?
how did fashola became gorvenor? Was it not via tinubu annionting?? Once pmb pick a candidate everyone ll align...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by nedu666: 10:27am On May 25, 2022
donphilopus:

That should be the end of APC. Lol

It can not be the end of apc. Where will they run to. Pdp that is disorganised and lawless. Apc politicians that loose will rather stick with apc because room no reach everyone in pdp.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Truthisunique2: 10:28am On May 25, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

There'll be a primary on 29th of May, that's incontestable, indubitable and unarguable. Take it to the bank.

Nothing has changed and no goal post is shifted because I know what you don't know. You don't know anything other than what you see in nairaland and your negative energy driven by unnecessary hate for a man whose caliber nobody in your entire generation can match up to.

My clarification was to educate you and clear your ignorance about the misconception concerning your wrong understanding of consensus.

I've said it severally that there's no option of consensus in the APC revised constitution for presidential candidate and the new electoral law clearly describes the only way a consensus can be valid and accepted by INEC. But as usual una dead brains nor dey fit process anything reasonable.
Tomorrow you would shift goal post from there would be primaries to APC would lose woefully for imposing "unpopular candidate" to ease your tears

Your fellow zombies have started booking that goal post down threatening apc
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Abbeytoy(m): 10:32am On May 25, 2022
Tifesingz:
I don’t know if you are being paid or you’ve been programmed to support Buhari and his failed administration but it baffles me when I see your big big grammars only for it to end up with praising the lifeless. Please change, stop fgs! It’s pure wickedness!! Or you want me to pray to God to run your life and that of your family the way Buhari has been running Nigeria?

PLEASE STOP!!

Even the devil has his followers that praise and warship him daily, should that affect you?

Ignore comments that's not going with yours and that's the beauty of democracy.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by nedu666: 10:32am On May 25, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

Nothing has changed and no goal post is shifted because I know what you don't know
You don't know anything other than what you see in nairaland and your negative energy driven by unnecessary hate for a man whose caliber nobody in your entire generation can match up to.

U are right there is no option of consensus but the same consensus can be achieved by disqualification. Why do u think screening has not started. U no see wetin okoroacha eyes dey see. Dem neva born any contestant to refuse to drop out when asked. Imagine buhari calls you to office, after exchange of pleasantries, he ask u to drop from race. You say NO. Oga efcc, dss, nia, anti robbery even anti cult will enter enter ur house tru ceiling and sokaway
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by SledgeHammerer: 10:33am On May 25, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Tomorrow you would shift goal post from there would be primaries to APC would lose woefully for imposing "unpopular candidate" to ease your tears

Mugu what's so difficult for you to understand? Are you that daft? Don't be a intentional fool because of Tinubu. Even after Buhari was adopted in 2015 there was still primary. Nobody can impose anyone at this point or you destroy the party. What anyone can do is adopt a person while others will go to the primary with him. That's the worse case scenario. And you'll be shocked that Tinubu will be the adopted candidate. Reserve some tears for the coming days ok.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by SledgeHammerer: 10:40am On May 25, 2022
nedu666:

U are right there is no option of consensus but the same consensus can be achieved by disqualification. Why do u think screening has not started. U no see wetin okoroacha eyes dey see. Dem neva born any contestant to refuse to drop out when asked. Imagine buhari calls you to office, after exchange of pleasantries, he ask u to drop from race. You say NO. Oga efcc, dss, nia, anti robbery even anti cult will enter enter ur house tru ceiling and sokaway

Lol......I can bet you nobody can dare disqualify any of the aspirant unjustly, especially the popular ones. Disqualify Amaechi, Tinubu, Osinbajo unjustly and kiss goodbye to Apc.

Buhari is not as popular and respected as he was in 2015 and his performance in office has put Apc on oxygen. If he tries nonsense they're gone. Kwankwaso is contesting,that means northern votes will not be bloc for Apc with buhari not on the ballot. If someone like Tinubu is UNJUSTLY disqualified, he only just needs to take Southwest away from the Apc and if Atiku is pdp candidate then Apc is dead and gone.
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Nelson2k: 11:34am On May 25, 2022
Consensus have different meaning o. Once majority agree, it becomes consensus. Anyone who doesn'tagree will be disgraced at primary ground. No northern governor will disrespect buhari. Simple

donphilopus:

SlaveOfAba, I hope you're aware the governors unanimously rejected anything that has to do with consensus? You'll cry on Monday by the time Tinubu emerges.

BTW, consensus can only happen if all aspirants agree to step down. You cannot force consensus on the party. But you're too dull to know this!
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Nelson2k: 11:37am On May 25, 2022
That's how it happens even in USA. Trump endorsed 57 aspirants and they all won their primary election. Buhari is not imposing anyone but will endorse his favorite, majority out of respect will obey.

Keepamsafe:
Omoh. The ball has entered my court.

But, I’m so disappointed. It irks me when people say “buhari”s candidate” or wanting to know Buharia”s favorite candidate.

Is that how it’s supposed to be in a democratic government? Isn’t that Godfatherism in broad day light

Damn blooooddy!
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 2:04pm On May 25, 2022
donphilopus:

Did primaries hold then or not?

Arrangée primaries ?
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Righteousness02: 5:41pm On May 25, 2022
Many would be screened out, only those in favour of consensus will fly in the screening

Note!
Anything can be used as reason to screen out a candidate, a sitting governor, did not pass screening for second term

donphilopus:

SlaveOfAba, I hope you're aware the governors unanimously rejected anything that has to do with consensus? You'll cry on Monday by the time Tinubu emerges.

BTW, consensus can only happen if all aspirants agree to step down. You cannot force consensus on the party. But you're too dull to know this!
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by Themandator: 7:31am On May 28, 2022
Moferere:
Loading!
Loading!!
Loading!!!
Consensus is loading...

Consensus or not Buhari holds all the aces... That so called error of removing statutory delegates was deliberate

The man is too cunning

I belive it was the work of the principal officers of the NASS plus the typist

They know that the majority of them don't bother to read and those who do got busy with fights in their local party.. Engineered

Under rate President Buhari to your own dismal

All he need to do is hold a meeting with the governors who owns the adhoc delegates

It is a scratch my back I scratch yours
Re: Buhari Meets APC Governors Others Ahead Of Presidential Primary by mukthar2000(m): 9:48am On Jun 03, 2022
Gozac:

Which violence, nothing will happen, if you feel aggrieved you can try your luck in another party. You people should demonizing consensus arrangement. It has been successful adopted and used in Lagos and has protected the party from rancor
bro, hope u still they follow my political analysis with what I said that u quote me last time? May God spear our life .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra Elections: APC Shares Rice To Voters (Photos) / Saraki Congratulates Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq, Kwara APC Governor-Elect / Osinbajo Suspends Trader Moni Distribution After Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.