Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas (19314 Views)

Adamawa: Fintiri Declares Curfew As Residents Loot Govt Warehouses / Insecurity: Obaseki Declares Curfew In Edo, As Army Begins Operation / FG Considers Lockdown Of 18 Local Government Areas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by ExAngel007(f): 10:45pm On May 25, 2022
Governor Charles Soludo of Anambra State has declared a 6am to 6pm curfew in seven Local Government Areas of
Anambra State.

The Governor made the announcement in a statewide
broadcast on Wednesday May 25, adding that the affected
local governments are Aguata, Ihiala, Ekwusigo, Nnewi North, Nnewi South, Orumba North and Orumba South.

The curfew which takes effect from Friday May 27, will be in
force until normalcy returns to the affected areas.

Soludo said;

“With effect from tomorrow, Friday, 26th May, 2022, a 6pm to 6am curfew is hereby placed on motorcycles (okada), tricycles (keke), and shuttle buses in Aguata, Ihiala, Ekwusigo, Nnewi North, Nnewi South, Ogbaru, Orumba North and Orumba South Local Governments until further notice.

“Also, motorcycles, keke and shuttle buses are banned from operating in these local governments on Mondays until the Sit-at-Home completely stops.”

Youths in the area have also been asked to assist the security agencies in the implementation of the policy. They are also mandated to seize any such motorcycle or tricycle on the spot.

He added;

“The Okada, Keke, and shuttle bus union leaders must take
responsibility to report their members who are involved in
criminal activities. We shall review this after two weeks, and if members of these unions continue to be involved in criminal activities, the government will have no choice but to either disband the Unions and/or ban them out rightly in the state.

“No part of Anambra State (house, bush or forest) shall be used as camps for these criminals. Anyone with a gun in a camp is considered a criminal in Anambra State, and the
government and people will work with security agencies to
flush them out. The State Government shall pursuant to its
powers under the Land Use Act revoke and acquire any land found to be harboring these criminals, for public purpose.

Henceforth, every community is required to provide information on any part of their land occupied by these criminals as camps. If the community fails to do so, the government will take over such land.

“All communities are hereby charged to take over their
communities completely and through the leadership of their Town Unions and Traditional Rulers give weekly security reports (submitted every Friday) to the State Government on the state of security in their communities.

The cooperation of the youths in that regard is now imperative. I charge the vigilantes of each community to rise to the occasion and contend with these criminals in your locality whether they are in your bush or the houses in your community. The State Government expects the report of any progress made in this regard and shall support and reward you accordingly.

“Any buildings found to be harboring these kidnappers and
murderers who have laid siege on our State will, as provided by Criminal Code (Amendment No.3) Law 2013, be forfeited to the State Government. To that extent, all landlords are hereby directed to proceed on “Operation Know Your Tenant” by keeping appropriate records of their tenants and report anyone suspected of being involved in criminal activities. Each community leadership must keep full register of all tenants in their communities, their occupation, etc and keep an eye on their activities. The State Government shall as an emergency measure, disband the leadership of any community which fails to report criminal activities in their communities or immediately respond to the requests contained in this address.

“All market leaders and stakeholders are hereby charged to
join the communities in taking back their territory and monitor the activities in their markets. They are all required to return weekly security reports to the State Government.

“Everybody who either in person or through telephone calls
demands cash support or ransom from anyone in furtherance of any criminal activities or groups should immediately be reported to the government via the telephone lines provided.”

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-soludo-moves-against-ipob-declares-curfew-in-7-lgas

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Hollaspecial81(m): 10:46pm On May 25, 2022
Okayed

1 Like

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Aonkuuse(m): 10:46pm On May 25, 2022
Good step

12 Likes

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Golan007: 10:49pm On May 25, 2022
Simon Ekpa dey wait for you.

Whether na you dey in charge or Ekpa you go tell us.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Loxleyy(m): 10:49pm On May 25, 2022
Is that they want to frustrate His Efforts or What

Sincerely Since Charles Soludo Came On As The Governor..... Na Just Episode After Episode.

19 Likes

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by r4bbit: 10:50pm On May 25, 2022
I Hope peace will be restored to Anambra, And the pple behind this attacks apprehended.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Dreal1247: 10:52pm On May 25, 2022
You cannot fight the Government

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by perez100: 10:56pm On May 25, 2022
All I want is let the killing of civilians no matter where you come from or religion, security etc stop.

Though, Buhari created the monster in the East. Ask sane Nigerians like Lamido Sanusi and others that believe in truth. I don't mean those evil hypocrites that applauded the killing of unarmed protesters. But today, these evil hypocrites are looking for who to blame.

13 Likes

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by GoooodHardDick: 10:56pm On May 25, 2022
It still won't change anything!

Those miscreants perpetuating these criminals needs to be fished out and killed immediately!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by GoooodHardDick: 10:57pm On May 25, 2022
Dreal1247:
You cannot fight the Government

Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, unknown gunmen are already fighting the government na. And they seem to be winning massively against the government

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Dreal1247: 11:01pm On May 25, 2022
GoooodHardDick:

Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, unknown gunmen are already fighting the government na. And they seem to be winning massively against the government
Abacha said that if any security breach continues unchecked,. then the Government knows about it

50 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Sire360: 12:00am On May 26, 2022
Good day my fellow Nairalander

Please I need you assistance.(am not asking for money)

Ok am a 100lv student and also a crypto trader

I had an issue to pay my school propably after rising 70%. Looking for a way to complete the fund a friend told me if I can participate in the pre sale of a coin $DEWO( which propably did well at the initial start not up to 6day) at yesterday I thank the guy who ask me to buy but before the evening the token rug pulled and the founder made a way with more than 30 million dollars .

This was a huge shit including my school fees saga(But I thank God mainly for live) so a Guy can to my hostel and told me about palm pay app

Which he said the app has been feeding him since the semester through referral which he said per referral it pays ₦500 and BVN is not needed

Please my fellow Nairalander if you can just download the app and register using my referral code:zDCB1 it will go a long way to assist me please help a brother

Even if you have already registered you can still register with my code: zDCB1
only you phone number that is needed no BVN

������

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by lordlugards: 12:05am On May 26, 2022
There's a place called Ogbedi Town. The town is isolated in between Amichi, Osumenyi, Ekwulummiri and Unubi. There's a CAMP of this criminals in that Town.

51 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by slivertongue: 12:13am On May 26, 2022
Soludo crush them enough of the dialogue.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by justicechichex: 12:29am On May 26, 2022
Even the whole of the state should be placed on curfew.. A day will not go by without reading 4 to 5 threads of bad news on NL associated with Anambra... Damn!

5 Likes

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by FallenShitHole: 12:32am On May 26, 2022
justicechichex:
Even the whole of the state should be placed on curfew.. A day will not go by without reading 4 to 5 threads of bad news on NL associated with Anambra... Damn!
Being perpetrated by your evil nigeria government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by eldervine: 6:58am On May 26, 2022
Nice move from soludo. I pray that peace and normalcy returns to the SE. All hoodlums disguising as IPOB/ESN shall surely be caught and their sponsors disgraced. Btw i believe nigeria should be dissolved so that each region can tackle its problems individualy cos our problems as a nation are too much

2 Likes

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by southsouthking(m): 6:58am On May 26, 2022
Soludo gradually getting there.
Whatsoever it takes to curb this menace in the south east, the whole of South south is fully behind you.

#Southsouthking was here.

6 Likes

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Keepamsafe: 6:58am On May 26, 2022
Omo. The ball has entered my court.

Who should we blame for this menace really?

From the top to the bottom is a mess

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by triple996(m): 6:59am On May 26, 2022
Biafra or death grin
Na state of emergency remain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Skyfornia(m): 7:00am On May 26, 2022
They are really out to frustrate Soludo...e no go better for anybody involved in the killings

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by jeff1993: 7:00am On May 26, 2022
Very Good .... Militarize the area .... Anything that moves after curfew is a suspect!!!

K1ll any IPOB bingo that tries rubbish and if their UGM supporters are around there, let stray bullet kill them tooo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Arabaincubus: 7:00am On May 26, 2022
Golan007:
Simon Ekpa dey wait for you.

Whether na you dey in charge or Ekpa you go tell us.

Simon Ekpa will soon reap what he has been sowing.

Let's hope that he won't be swapped with Kanu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by wolesmile(m): 7:00am On May 26, 2022
I still don't know what effect this will have on the killings in the east. They don't wait till night to perpetrate their crimes, do they? They do it in broad daylight.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by kenbee(f): 7:01am On May 26, 2022
I support IPOB struggle for biafran freedom but distance my self from their

1, Self destruction mode(sit at home & attack on government)
2, Self denial & blame game(always hailing UGM when they attack soldiers and denying them when they kill civilians).
3, Taking up Arms and setting up of ESN.
4, Not being open for ideas and brain storming.
5, Fighting both Government and Religion.

We have no other place to call home. Let's support the government to build a peaceful society

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by livinbygrace: 7:01am On May 26, 2022
Oh No,I supposed to go for a party in Aguata early June,that won’t be possible anymore.South East needs to come to their senses and distance themselves from the agenda of this notorious people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by ShenTeh(m): 7:01am On May 26, 2022
That's a leader who uses his head.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Brian47(m): 7:02am On May 26, 2022
Someone wan peace in his state, Nd terrorist dey frustrate the guy efforts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Soludo Declares Curfew In 7 Anambra Local Government Areas by Ceenachi: 7:02am On May 26, 2022
FallenShitHole:

Iliterate mumu nigerian slave. Your nigeria government sponsored mass murder is defined as the intentional and indiscriminate murder of a large number of Biafran people by your nigeria government agents; for example, shooting Biafra's unarmed protestors, and randomly executing Biafran civilians while paying the brown envelope government controlled news medias like Sahara reporters, TVC News, Arise television news, Buhari Media Organization, and the worst of them all, the Chanels news TV to blame the peaceful IPOB and, and in doing so, hoping to turn the good Biafran people against IPOB, the only group that is fighting to destroy the evil british/fulani cage.

Tell your nigeria evil government that their useless plan is dead on arrival. They can kill as much as they want, but in the end, their mass murder of our people is never going to stop our Biafra aggitation to destroy and dismantle the evil corupt entity called nigeria. The largest mass killings in Africa's history have been the nigeria governmental extermination of over 5 million Biafrans between 1967-1970 on the basis of ethnicity and religion. These mass murders have been found to be genocides and crimes against Biafrans, especially the Igbo Biafrans, but such crimes have led to no convictions of any type.

Zombie
You are mad

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video Of Buhari's National Address On Sunday / President Tinubu Arrives In Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, To Attend Saudi Summit / Bomb Blast Rocks Oko Prison In Benin: Boko Haram?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.