Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... (7190 Views)

David Ntekim-Rex: Robbery Victim Dies After Police, Hospital Refused To Save Him / Taraba Man Whose Wife Cut Off His Manhood Cries Out / Man Whose Son Has Days To Live In Rivers State Absconds After N70m Was Raised (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by bmdmix15: 7:25am On May 26, 2022
Man whose body was cut in half by forklift begged doctors to save him even if he was just 'a head

A man who was crushed by a forklift begged surgeons and his family to help keep him alive even if he was just a ‘head on a plate’.

Loren Schauers, 20, from Great Falls in Montana, USA, was working in a forklift on a bridge in September 2019, but traffic forced him to get too close to the edge of the bridge, which made him plummet 50ft below and the forklift landed on him – severing his forearm and crushing his lower body.

When he got to the hospital, doctors were forced to perform a hemicorperectomy on him, meaning everything below his waist was amputated to save his life.

After the operation, healthcare professionals didn’t think Loren would make it and his family had to decide there and then if the doctors should save him by cutting him in half .

But while the family were having the conversation with doctors, Lore 'miraculously' woke up and begged doctors to perform the lifesaving operation.

Loren has now been living without his legs and right forearm for two years.

He receives help every day from his loving wife, Sabia Reiche, aged 23, and they both have a YouTube channel with over 500k subscribers, where they document shared aspects of their life.

Sabia opened up about finding out when doctors told the family they would be forced to amputate everything below Loren’s bellybutton.

She said to the Daily Star: ‘We were all like super shocked and none of us knew how to react and none of us knew how Loren would react because he’s an 18-year-old guy living life to the full.

Loren’s sexual organs has been removed as part of the surgery because his pelvis was also crushed.

Sabia said Loren’s mum was power of attorney before the operation and had a difficult decision to make.

She didn’t know whether to have the surgery done and for him to wake up and hate her for it, or not have the surgery done and he dies and then she feels like she killed her son,’ she added.

So his sister fought really hard for him to be taken off the breathing tube so he could make the decision.

‘After a day or two after consultations and talking, they took him off it and he woke up and he kind of had an idea what was going on.’

When Loren woke up in hospital he knew something terrible had happened to his body.

Surgeons told him ‘you’ll lose the lower half of your body or you may die in surgery’.

Sabia added: ‘From that moment I knew he wasn’t going anywhere because he looked them dead in the eye and told them he didn’t care if he was just a head on a plate, they’re going to do the surgery and they’re going to keep him alive.

‘That really brought a lot of hope for us, that he was a fighter, but we already knew that because he was still alive.’

Since the accident Sabia helps Loren with many day-to-day activities.

Sabia also hit out at online trolls who have questioned how the couple have sex.

‘That is a very personal question that we are never going to answer or allude to as it’s very disrespectful.

‘You wouldn’t ask a random couple on the street how they have sex and just because our life circumstances are different, it doesn’t give people the right to ask.’

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

2 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Prokaryote: 7:31am On May 26, 2022
Heavenly father, I thank you for the gift of life. Just safe guarding me alone and granting me good health, I will forever be greatful. I wish you well Loren

70 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Femolacaster(m): 7:33am On May 26, 2022
This is scary, God will comfort him!

3 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Creamypie(m): 7:38am On May 26, 2022
Damn. So no latching for am like this oh

2 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by falcon01: 7:40am On May 26, 2022
Damn!! NO WAY, just kill me already.

May he get the help he needs

6 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by ZeroOneTribe: 7:46am On May 26, 2022
Wow he's really a fighter

6 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by shawante(m): 7:46am On May 26, 2022
To be very honest i think I'll be better of dead than to live like this for the rest of my life

8 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by IamDora(f): 7:56am On May 26, 2022
Creamypie:
Damn. So no latching for am like this oh

The only thing that runs through the mind of an average poor Nigerian man - Sex smiley

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by doggedfighter(f): 7:59am On May 26, 2022
Medical science at its best !

He's almost a head on a plate yet survived.

2 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Jlow2: 8:03am On May 26, 2022
Thank God ,even when survival in nigeria under buhari apc is 40%

3 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by SHINJA: 8:05am On May 26, 2022
IamDora:

The only thing that runs through the mind of an average poor Nigerian man - Sex smiley

Nigeria women: All men think about is sex..

Nigeria women:-

14 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Creamypie(m): 8:07am On May 26, 2022
IamDora:

funny enough, am a rich guy. On the flip side, if he was your man, surely, he can no longer hustle for money, and d Average thing on the mind of a poor Nigerian girl from broke home is do anything to meet rich guy with plenty money, money, money, and dog power down below. Your profile pix confirms it without it relationship will not work anymore...just it

3 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by playapayaski: 8:08am On May 26, 2022
Avoiding the unavoidable..
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Bluntguy: 8:10am On May 26, 2022
This one choke o
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by RoyalBlu(f): 8:27am On May 26, 2022
It's the smile on his face that got me...

What excuse do I really have not to be thankful always.

I pray he pushes through. And big hugs to the wife. This is surely a big test.

It's well.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by realstars: 8:48am On May 26, 2022
It's only God that gives life while he gives us the idear to manage it.
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by ASAPFERG: 9:31am On May 26, 2022
I will rather die than to live like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by IamDora(f): 9:52am On May 26, 2022
[s]
Creamypie:
funny enough, am a rich guy. On the flip side, if he was your man, surely, he can no longer hustle for money, and d Average thing on the mind of a poor Nigerian girl from broke home is do anything to meet rich guy with plenty money, money, money, and dog power down below. Your profile pix confirms it without it relationship will not work anymore...just it
[/s]

A Rich guy but very poor in mind gringringringrin just look at ur profile, look at the malnourished boy claiming rich with ur picture like the one they took with Nokia 3310 grin grin the way u reasoned gave u away. Stop forming rubbish on a faceless forum alright? U can only deceive the gullible ones here not me grin I'm more intelligent than u, so u can't deceive me grin Rich guy my foot. See him talking about gold digging grin no one hates a gold digger more than a nigga with no gold grin grin grin Every lady is not like ur sisters at home okay? Now run along boy. My last reply to u! tongue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by TheKrakon: 9:56am On May 26, 2022
Weak. Na you know watin you want use your remaining potato body do.
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by ThatrealestApex: 10:00am On May 26, 2022
IamDora:
[s][/s]

A Rich guy but very poor in mind gringringringrin just look at ur profile, look at the malnourished boy claiming rich with ur picture like the one they took with Nokia 3310 grin grin the way u reasoned gave u away. Stop forming rubbish on a faceless forum alright? U can only deceive the gullible ones here not me grin I'm more intelligent than u, so u can't deceive me grin Rich guy my foot. See him talking about gold digging grin no one hates a gold digger more than a nigga with no gold grin grin grin Every lady is not like ur sisters at home okay? Now run along boy. My last reply to u! tongue

Oboy shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Creamypie(m): 10:08am On May 26, 2022
IamDora:
[s][/s]

see this ant. Thats how ritualist Deceive u to subscribe. Real Rich guys don't post to impress like u did, cos u and I know from that pix that the only thing u own is u, not d car, phone, hair do, clothes. For your info, am a senior medical doctor at F,M.C, Asaba in delta state, and that pic was taken at yenagoa when we went for a medical seminar. My only two sisters are masters holders and lecture at college of aducation, Agbor in Delta state, both are already going for P.H.D at NAU, oka, and not low lifers, barely literate -at -best leeches like u whose only hope in life is to look for yahoo boys to leech, then u are passed to the next. my last response to a cretin.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by BigDawsNet: 10:20am On May 26, 2022
No job
No husband
No wife
No house
No visa
No car

You feel useless?...

Remember when there is life, there hope!!

Never give up

3 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by bmdmix15: 10:22am On May 26, 2022
IamDora:
[s][/s]

because its a faceless forum thats y u can talk like this, face to face with him u won't utter words like this

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by Nobody: 10:25am On May 26, 2022
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Lost from his entire PELVIC Girdle...
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by henndukwe18: 10:48am On May 26, 2022
SHINJA:

Nigeria women: All men think about is sex..

Nigeria women:-
one of the reasons some women can neva b satisfied by any man, i mean look at d size of those tins

2 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by adecz: 10:51am On May 26, 2022
❗️❗️❗️ Jesu Kristi shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by henndukwe18: 10:53am On May 26, 2022
Creamypie:
lol, so dts wt they wnt nw, money n dogs

1 Like

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by henndukwe18: 10:55am On May 26, 2022
TheKrakon:
Weak. Na you know watin you want use your remaining potato body do.
lol, frustration fit kil dt guy oo
Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by henndukwe18: 10:58am On May 26, 2022
Creamypie:
see this ant. Thats how ritualist Deceive u to subscribe. Real Rich guys don't post to impress like u did, cos u and I know from that pix that the only thing u own is u, not d car, phone, hair do, clothes. For your info, am a senior medical doctor at F,M.C, Asaba in delta state, and that pic was taken at yenagoa when we went for a medical seminar. My only two sisters are masters holders and lecture at college of aducation, Agbor in Delta state, both are already going for P.H.D at NAU, oka, and not low lifers, barely literate -at -best leeches like u whose only hope in life is to look for yahoo boys to leech, then u are passed to the next. my last response to a cretin.
finishin touch

3 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by LordIsaac(m): 11:00am On May 26, 2022
Someone wants to cling to life at all costs; while another, a foolish one at that, because of heart break or Buhari, would prefer the sniper route. May God help us!

2 Likes

Re: Man Whose Body Was Cut In Half By Forklift Begged Doctors To Save Him Even If... by psalmz(m): 11:01am On May 26, 2022
bmdmix15:
Man whose body was cut in half by forklift begged doctors to save him even if he was just 'a head

A man who was crushed by a forklift begged surgeons and his family to help keep him alive even if he was just a ‘head on a plate’.

Loren Schauers, 20, from Great Falls in Montana, USA, was working in a forklift on a bridge in September 2019, but traffic forced him to get too close to the edge of the bridge, which made him plummet 50ft below and the forklift landed on him – severing his forearm and crushing his lower body.

When he got to the hospital, doctors were forced to perform a hemicorperectomy on him, meaning everything below his waist was amputated to save his life.

After the operation, healthcare professionals didn’t think Loren would make it and his family had to decide there and then if the doctors should save him by cutting him in half .

But while the family were having the conversation with doctors, Lore 'miraculously' woke up and begged doctors to perform the lifesaving operation.

Loren has now been living without his legs and right forearm for two years.

He receives help every day from his loving wife, Sabia Reiche, aged 23, and they both have a YouTube channel with over 500k subscribers, where they document shared aspects of their life.

Sabia opened up about finding out when doctors told the family they would be forced to amputate everything below Loren’s bellybutton.

She said to the Daily Star: ‘We were all like super shocked and none of us knew how to react and none of us knew how Loren would react because he’s an 18-year-old guy living life to the full.

Loren’s sexual organs has been removed as part of the surgery because his pelvis was also crushed.

Sabia said Loren’s mum was power of attorney before the operation and had a difficult decision to make.

She didn’t know whether to have the surgery done and for him to wake up and hate her for it, or not have the surgery done and he dies and then she feels like she killed her son,’ she added.

So his sister fought really hard for him to be taken off the breathing tube so he could make the decision.

‘After a day or two after consultations and talking, they took him off it and he woke up and he kind of had an idea what was going on.’

When Loren woke up in hospital he knew something terrible had happened to his body.

Surgeons told him ‘you’ll lose the lower half of your body or you may die in surgery’.

Sabia added: ‘From that moment I knew he wasn’t going anywhere because he looked them dead in the eye and told them he didn’t care if he was just a head on a plate, they’re going to do the surgery and they’re going to keep him alive.

‘That really brought a lot of hope for us, that he was a fighter, but we already knew that because he was still alive.’

Since the accident Sabia helps Loren with many day-to-day activities.

Sabia also hit out at online trolls who have questioned how the couple have sex.

‘That is a very personal question that we are never going to answer or allude to as it’s very disrespectful.

‘You wouldn’t ask a random couple on the street how they have sex and just because our life circumstances are different, it doesn’t give people the right to ask.’

CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS
I might not be rich ,but Heavenly Father,m greatful for life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"I Will Deal With Him":. Alleged Face Behind Gistlovers Blog Exposed (pics) / Court Sentences 16 Vandals To Life Imprisonment In Calabar / Horrible !!!man's Heart Ripped Out While Alive On Facebook Live Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.