Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. (27846 Views)

The Dilemma Of A Family man with mouth to Feed And Unpaid Bills / Ernst&young Graduate Trainee 2018 / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by evuna: 11:44am On May 26, 2022
My sister is 26 years and a graduate of Statistics from a federal university in the South East. There is an issue, more like a blessing. She had been writing aptitude tests since and failing but something remarkable is happening this year. She has been passing all the graduate trainee tests and interviews this year. She is at the final stage of Cerdar group, Stanbic, Meristem and Oilserv graduate trainee program. Just waiting for offer letters. She got an offer into Wema bank graduate trainee but rejected it because of 2 years bond. She is currently in Gt Bank graduate training school.

The issue is that KPMG just invited her for their test which is physical on Saturday. The Gt bank program runs from Monday-Saturday. I have been trying so hard to convince her to take take permission from the tutors at Gtb and go to write the KPMG test. She refused that she does not like Accounting as she read Statistics but she was open to it before this year and had been writing tests of different audit firms. I prefer KPMG to Stanbic and GT and want her to give it a shot.

She is 26 and this is her last chance at any graduate trainee program. Please what do you guys think? She is confused too.

KPMG ( yet to write the test)
GTB ( in training school already)
Meristem ( Waiting for offer letter)
Stanbic ( Waiting for offer letter)

Which among the above listed is the better choice for a graduate of statistics and is the KPMG test worth taking the risk. Please I need opinions from Nairalanders as I told her to allow me take my time to think about it.

Mods, please push to front page for more experienced professionals to help us. Thanks

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by evuna: 1:03pm On May 26, 2022
LikeAking:
getat!

mr dreamz

What do you mean, she made 2.1 in statistics and she is 26. With that, you are qualified to write graduate trainee of multiple companies. I believe you are joking. Work on yourself and practice job tests, you will get multiple offers if you have 2.1 and 26 years or below. Thanks

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by tommykiwi(m): 1:08pm On May 26, 2022
Bank job should be out of the list for me. So let her make her own decision.

Wish her all the best.

43 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Naiira(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2022
The ear that refuses advice will go off with the head when it is cut off…

Tell her to give KPMG a try.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by R2bees2: 1:09pm On May 26, 2022
evuna:

What do you mean, she made 2.1 in statistics and she is 26. With that, you are qualified to write graduate trainee of multiple companies. I believe you are joking. Work on yourself and practice job tests, you will get multiple offers if you have 2.1 and 26 years or below. Thanks
Ignore that clown

21 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by GreaterFuture(m): 1:09pm On May 26, 2022
Dilemma?
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by pennywys(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2022
wink

Wahala dey dis contry ooooo

3 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Donbazooka: 1:10pm On May 26, 2022
She is lucky. Country wey hard like this... Person dey get multiple options...

26 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Sergio104(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2022
shocked
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by lorenzos1: 1:11pm On May 26, 2022
She should try all she can to get into KPMG or any multinational. E get why.

A couple of years down the road international opportunities could come along. It will make it easy for her to transition.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by potbelly(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2022
She should try and take the KPMG test...

I believe KPMG is heads and shoulders above other companies mentioned...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by BlueRayDick: 1:12pm On May 26, 2022
Firstly please don’t force her to go for KPMG since she already made it clear she d doesn’t like Accounting. This is because sooner or later KPMG will still mandate her to write ICAN ( depending on the unit she finds her self tho ) KPMG even makes engineering graduate to write ICAN if they find themselves in units like audit, IARCS , etc .

As regards the other offers she’s waiting for , I will suggest she gets the offers and decide on what exactly she wants to do with her life . I know money will be a factor in her decisions but let her be sure she wants to be a banker or work in a dynamic firm like Meristem. At the end of the day , the decision is hers to make.

On another thought , since u said she studied statistics and did well, she can go for KPMG. If she gets into their actuarial valuation services it will be good one for her . She will be exposed to the best international working environment and it will do a lot of good to her CV. In fact Just 3 years experience in KPMG alone , she will take big career leap such that if she decides to work for GTB or Stanbic she would’ve left her colleagues that joined those companies originally far far behind

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by tolumizzy(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2022
God would lead her to pick the very best wink

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 26, 2022
evuna:
...I prefer KPMG to Stanbic and GT and want her to give it a shot...

You should only advise and not impose. Her interest and decision overrule yours, even if you think her interest and decision are not in her best interest.

That said, she should remember a bird in hand is worth two in the bush (or four in this case). Banks generally dislike it when you miss their training, and you should remember the training is important since she's going to write some exams, and be on probation for a few months before her employment is confirmed.

Also, while she should be diplomatic with whatever excuse she's going to give (if she plans to go for the KPMG test), she shouldn't lie or should at least, be clever with her lie, if she decides to tell one. Trainees request to skip bank training all the time to attend other interviews, and banks know this.

Lastly, if she decides to go, she should make sure to put her request in writing so it is documented. It's very important.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by einsteine(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2022
evuna:
My sister is 26 years and a graduate of Statistics from a federal university in the South East. There is an issue, more like a blessing. She had been writing aptitude tests since and failing but something remarkable is happening this year. She has been passing all the graduate trainee tests and interviews this year. She is at the final stage of Cerdar group, Stanbic, Meristem and Oilserv graduate trainee program. Just waiting for offer letters. She got an offer into Wema bank graduate trainee but rejected it because of 2 years bond. She is currently in Gt Bank graduate training school.

The issue is that KPMG just invited her for their test which is physical on Saturday. The Gt bank program runs from Monday-Saturday. I have been trying so hard to convince her to take take permission from the tutors at Gtb and go to write the KPMG test. She refused that she does not like Accounting as she read Statistics but she was open to it before this year and had been writing tests of different audit firms. I prefer KPMG to Stanbic and GT and want her to give it a shot.

She is 26 and this is her last chance at any graduate trainee program. Please what do you guys think? She is confused too.

Which among the above listed is the better choice for a graduate of statistics and is the KPMG test worth taking the risk. Please I need opinions from Nairalanders as I told her to allow me take my time to think about it.

Mods, please push to front page for more experienced professionals to help us. Thanks

KPMG>Stanbic>Meristem>GTB

She is actually currently in the worst of all the available roles.

What's the guarantee she won't be put in a market facing role where she will be asked to mobilize CASA (Current account Savings Account)?

The KPMG role will put her career in an upward trajectory. It is also very conducive for Japa purposes unlike the others.

37 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by AmazingELixir: 1:15pm On May 26, 2022
grin

Her village people are on break...she had better settle for one of the offers before they resume from their recess.

I wonder why anyone would want to turn down an opportunity at KPMG for very unsecured bank job in Nigeria...Bank job that doesn't allow one time for any other thing and at the end of the day they pay peanut.

4 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by iyke648(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2022
evuna:

Where are the many job offers? From what you just typed, she only have one job offer which is GT bank. The rest are job prospect

13 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by northbird: 1:16pm On May 26, 2022
A bird in hand is worth Four in the bush.
There are people with more sterling qualifications, yet can't find a placement. You want her to skip training school for one Yeye test. Let her stick with GT since training school means she's as well as employed.

4 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by eldervine: 1:16pm On May 26, 2022
any thing related to a bank job is a turn off for me

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Ezenzu: 1:16pm On May 26, 2022
evuna:

the issue is not about which one is better, it is about her choice. I will advice that she chooses one that will advance her career.
Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by philexcel(m): 1:17pm On May 26, 2022
tommykiwi:
Bank job should be out of the list for, so let her make her own decision.

Wish her all the best.

Any experience with bank. I just got an offer as a renewable contract staff ( not marketing) job in one of the leading bank. share your experience with me

1 Like

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by raumdeuter: 1:21pm On May 26, 2022
Go for KPMG with all your power

2 Likes

Re: The Dilemma Of A Young Graduate With Many Job Offers. by Chivasex: 1:21pm On May 26, 2022
Let her go for the KPMG test.

KPMG is way better than any bank in Nigeria, KPMG is an international company which will give her opportunities around the world.

I hope she listens and call in sick that Saturday with GT and for for the KPMG bank

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Do You Answer Salary Questions During Interview / This Is For You If You Are A Graduate Searching For A Job Instead Of Some Skills / Top 5 Reasons Not To Apply For A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.