Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:38 PM

Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank (6558 Views)

FG Commences 300,000 Social Housing Scheme / Application To Own Houses In Akwa Ibom FG Housing Scheme Opens / Federal Mortgage Bank Approves 3,000 Housing Scheme For Workers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by postbox: 8:50pm On May 26, 2022
Hon Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairman/CEO of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM), has stated that a comprehensive Diaspora Housing Mortgage Scheme will be launched soon.
According to a statement signed by Gabriel Odu of the Media, Public Relations and Protocols Unit, NIDCOM, Abuja, the NIDCOM boss stated this when she visited the Management and staff of the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria (FMBN) in Abuja.

This follows the completion of the final stages of the Diaspora Housing Mortgage Policy by both agencies.

According to Dr. Dabiri-Erewa, Nigeria is the highest Diaspora-remitting country in Sub-Saharan Africa, with over 19 billion dollars in 2021, according to the World Bank, and assisting them to own their own houses is the least of incentives for Nigerians abroad who tirelessly contribute to the country.

This follows the completion of the final stages of the Diaspora Housing Mortgage Policy by both agencies.

According to Dr. Dabiri-Erewa, Nigeria is the highest Diaspora-remitting country in Sub-Saharan Africa, with over 19 billion dollars in 2021, according to the World Bank, and assisting them to own their own houses is the least of incentives for Nigerians abroad who tirelessly contribute to the country.

Furthermore, the NiDCOM boss stated that this move will encourage Nigerians in the Diaspora to do more for the country, resulting in a win-win situation.

Furthermore, the NiDCOM boss stated that this move will encourage Nigerians in the Diaspora to do more for the country, resulting in a win-win situation.
Dabiri-Erewa went on to say that the Scheme aims to enable Nigerians in Diaspora to open mortgage accounts, participate in the National Housing Fund (NHF) scheme, access loans up to N50 million, and own homes through certified developers, all from the comfort of their homes.

In addition, the NIDCOM Chairman/CEO explained that the package is available to any Nigerian (over the age of 18) living in the Diaspora who has evidence of a regular flow of income and has made contributions for a minimum of one year before being eligible to access the mortgage loan.

Applicants will also apply for the mortgage loan through an accredited Primary Mortgage Bank after contributing for the applicable minimum period.

Following that, applicants will register with the NHF and contribute $150 (for beneficiaries earning $3,000 or less per month) or $200 (for beneficiaries earning $3,001 or more per month) for a minimum of a year.

The package also includes a 30% down payment, a single-digit interest rate of 9%, and a payback period of up to ten years.

Meanwhile, she took the opportunity to congratulate Mr. Madu Hamman, the new FMBN managing director/chief executive, and urged him to build on the impressive achievements of his predecessors. Mr. Madu Hamman agreed that the work to make the Scheme a reality had been completed.

However, he stated that the Scheme would have been launched earlier in the year, citing a change in leadership at the FMBN as a factor.

Mr. Hamman promised that the FMBN Diaspora Housing Mortgage Scheme would be launched in earnest to provide a transparent, seamless platform for Nigerians in Diaspora to invest in and own homes in Nigeria.

The NiDCOM/FMBN Committee has been given until the end of May to complete preparatory work for the launch of the Scheme proposed for London, according to the statement.
SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2022/05/26/diaspora-housing-scheme-to-be-launched-by-nidcom-and-mortgage-bank/

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by amaham(m): 8:59pm On May 26, 2022
They are looking for diasporans to scam . How many civil servants in Nigeria has been able to access the housing loans talkless of someone in obodo oyibo.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Amerengues2: 7:36am On May 27, 2022
I just hope this is for the betterment of the country. Housing is a completely failed project in Nigeria. Skyrocketing rent with nobody to address it.

I saw a self contain at Akoka for #700k, I thought it was a lie initially until I confirmed it. That's the highest I have seen

Wooing diaspora to key into this

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by BestMan001: 7:36am On May 27, 2022
Ok
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by SensualMan: 7:36am On May 27, 2022
grin

14 Likes

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by BestMan001: 7:36am On May 27, 2022
Why?

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by motymop: 7:37am On May 27, 2022
Dumb idea

2 Likes

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Hndrrxxx(m): 7:37am On May 27, 2022
shocked shocked shocked

The mods overslept today but the bots are here quite early
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Lockaya: 7:37am On May 27, 2022
Funny

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by LyfeJennings(m): 7:37am On May 27, 2022
Lies from the pit of hell

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by vcente(m): 7:39am On May 27, 2022
The houses are definitely going to be overpriced, if i was the one running such a scheme, and i want be honest and above board that is what I will do. And we know how Nigerians are don't we

1 Like

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Naiira(m): 7:39am On May 27, 2022
Clueless!
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by sonnie10: 7:39am On May 27, 2022
f
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by bmdmix15: 7:39am On May 27, 2022
Na today
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by bigdammyj: 7:40am On May 27, 2022
Following
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by dubaiprince: 7:41am On May 27, 2022
So I will pay $200 monthly to that corrupt FMBN and after 1 year apply to them through a private mortgage institution and start hearing stories. Make them hold their scheme abeg. My NHF deductions for 10 years while in Naija nko.

5 Likes

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by ekensi01: 7:41am On May 27, 2022
grin

We move.

I've never seen a win-win situation in Nigeria since buhari regime..
Somebody must be losing take it or leave.

5 Likes

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Nobody: 7:42am On May 27, 2022
Dead on arrival.

Sometimes you wonder whether this crop of politicians formulate policy statements from the back of their brains.

You're yet to satisfy the housing needs of average civil servants within the country despite the humongous sums you pilfer from their small monthly wages in the name of pension schemes, then you wake up one morning to start blabbing about the ones abroad as if they complained to you about deficit in living spaces.

This Abike Dabiri is just as foolish as her principal. Nigerians are being killed extra judiciously in several countries across the globe but that's not enough for you to tediously address...na wetin go put money for your account make your canda mouth for chop swell up more you dey find.

Mtscheew!
E remain less than one year na, una go carry una rubbish take pass!

4 Likes

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Bases: 7:45am On May 27, 2022
This isn't a bad idea. At least Nigerians in diaspora can have rest of mind and be sure someone is not collecting their dollar, euro etc and sending them pictures of building constructions which are not their own only to return and discover the scam.
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by free2ryhme: 7:45am On May 27, 2022
postbox:

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2022/05/26/diaspora-housing-scheme-to-be-launched-by-nidcom-and-mortgage-bank/

There are so many housing scheme by FG for the most part beneficiaries are corrupt govt officials never for the masses nor for the interest of the common man.

Why on earth will you make a diaspora housing scheme when you have not provided for ordinary Nigerians back home?

This is last minute scam to fleece any mugu that falls prey

3 Likes

Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by watchindelta(m): 7:48am On May 27, 2022
Umm i dnt trust nigeria government, Senegal have this kind of the thing over 5yrs again, my Senegalese friend bought a house in Senegal and paid to the government every month that is cool. Nigeria only I will I will yeye.
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by autodevice(m): 7:52am On May 27, 2022
Ok
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Honestfrend: 7:54am On May 27, 2022
sad
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by thegreencoal: 7:54am On May 27, 2022
postbox:

Just don't pass a law that will mandatorily enforce diasporan employers to make the deduction. #FailedState #FailedNigeria #ShameOnYouNigeria undecided undecided
Re: Diaspora Housing Scheme To Be Launched By NIDCOM And Mortgage Bank by Simplythebest: 7:59am On May 27, 2022
Nice idea. Hope they start with their family and relatives.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DIY: Construction Of 2-units Of 2-bedroom Bungalow At Ijede [ikorodu LGA] / Contemporary Architectural Designs Just For You Nairalanders / City Of Hope Estate Ibeju Lekki Special Offer N680,000 Per Serviced Plot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.