Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? (3274 Views)

I Came Home And Found My Sister Breastfeeding My Son — I Called The Cops / Husbands Should Abstain From Breastfeeding Wives For 6 Months - Medical DG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Boliboli760: 8:51pm On May 26, 2022
Yes, I want to stop breastfeeding but baby refuses to stop .She is eating a bit of solids but major feed is breast milk day and night. I want to have another baby but it is not happening and I think it is because I am breastfeeding.

I know people have been lucky getting pregnant while breastfeeding, but has anyone who had no luck tried anything extraordinary to get pregnant while breastfeeding ?
Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by ojun50(m): 8:54pm On May 26, 2022
1year, where you dey rush go?

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Boliboli760: 8:58pm On May 26, 2022
lol, na age dey rush me. I be old mama already.

ojun50:
1year, where you dey rush go?

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by ojun50(m): 9:00pm On May 26, 2022
Boliboli760:

Ok
Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Candidlady: 9:05pm On May 26, 2022
Wait are you selling em. Your kid is just a year old for fps

Na wa o

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by DBestDoc(f): 9:07pm On May 26, 2022
You should stop breastfeeding the child if you want to get pregnant for sure.

With mixed feeding, chances of contraception from lactational amenorrhea is reduced but your best bet is to discontinue breastfeeding asap. If you have to travel and leave baby alone for two days, then do it. She on her own will reject breast milk afterwards.

Problem solved.

I wish you baby number 2 asap.

15 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by DBestDoc(f): 9:09pm On May 26, 2022
Boliboli760:

Good to complete your family size asap since age is not on your side

One year post delivery isn’t too early to try again especially if last delivery wasn’t via cesarean section.

All the best Madam.

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by frozen70(f): 9:58pm On May 26, 2022
Boliboli760:

Just make up your mind and stop breast feeding that's the only solution

Then keep lots of goodies and provision incase she needs food at midnight

Then start wearing bra 24hrs once the fluid does not get sucked, it will withdraw but you may experience slight pains because of the withdrawal

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Boliboli760: 10:22pm On May 26, 2022
Thank you. Will give it a little more time ,if it doesn't happen will have to do that.

frozen70:

Just make up your mind and stop breast feeding that's the only solution

Then keep lots of goodies and provision incase she needs food at midnight

Then start wearing bra 24hrs once the fluid does not get sucked, it will withdraw but you may experience slight pains because of the withdrawal
Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by DontBullshitMe: 12:31pm On May 27, 2022
All these childbirth. To what end? To achieve what exactly?

Procreation is so overrated and frankly, unnecessary.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:45pm On May 27, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Nigerians dont reason this way. Our own is populate the earth grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by mariahAngel(f): 1:09pm On May 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Na for here them go see you. cheesy

E remain Raalsaghul...abi na wetin be that him moniker sef?
undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Gloriagee(f): 3:11pm On May 27, 2022
Is your period back? If yes, you can get pregnant while breastfeeding.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by GboyegaD(m): 3:15pm On May 27, 2022
DontBullshitMe:

Don't people have rights to their choices anymore?

16 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by DBestDoc(f): 5:41pm On May 27, 2022
Some of these kids on here really do not know where to draw the line.

Not all threads are for you to contribute and this thread was created in the family section and not the Romance section for a reason.

A woman comes to ask questions about fertility and childbirth just after one child and someone is calling her a baby factory. Someone that may be old enough to be your big sister or mother. And another one is asking why she’s having a baby.

Your parents did very poor jobs raising you and i feel sorry for those that have to deal with you in real life.

44 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Ishilove: 5:51pm On May 27, 2022
DBestDoc:
Some of these kids on here really do not know where to draw the line.

Not all threads are for you to contribute and this thread was created in the family section and not the Romance section for a reason.

A woman comes to ask questions about fertility and childbirth just after one child and someone is calling her a baby factory. Someone that may be old enough to be your big sister or mother. And another one is asking why she’s having a baby.

Your parents did very poor jobs raising you and i feel sorry for those that have to deal with you in real life.
100%

9 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by DontBullshitMe: 6:26pm On May 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

As in, e don tire me. Nah just to born, born and born. They don't care if those children actually enjoy their existence to the fullest.

I believe Nigerians are just funny set of people who cares so much about QUANTITY and not QUALITY. So much babies and very disappointing quality of life. Some have even turned it into a bet/gamble -- give birth to as much as possible children as you can, so at least one or two of them can become successful and reward you at old age. So primitive and mediocre thinking.

Personally, I am a hedonistic anti-natalist who likes pleasure and fun. Investing efforts and resources to raise child(ren) is just not for me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Boliboli760: 10:44pm On May 27, 2022
Gloriagee:
Is your period back? If yes, you can get pregnant while breastfeeding.

Yes, it is back and regular too. That will be nice. Thank you.
Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Gloriagee(f): 7:25am On May 28, 2022
Happened twice for me so no biggie but I usually stop breastfeeding once they clock one.

Boliboli760:

Yes, it is back and regular too. That will be nice. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Raalsalghul: 9:09am On May 28, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Una don reach here? grin

These days, I no dey even talk again. Na waste of time.

I really feel for the next generation, them go hear am. grin

Check out the two visuals below for statistics on Nigeria.

Positive correlation between poverty and population and yet our people still dey churn out. No time!

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:32am On May 28, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Una don reach here? grin

These days, I no dey even talk again. Na waste of time.

I really feel for the next generation, them go hear am. grin

Check out the two visuals below for statistics on Nigeria.

Positive correlation between poverty and population and yet our people still dey churn out. No time!

Meanwhile others richer and smarter than us are giving birth to less kids

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Boliboli760: 11:46am On May 28, 2022
PLEASE my lovely and thoughtful fellow Nairalanders kindly resist the urge to SPAM this post with your opinion about child birth. I understand you and your frustration. I know some people are childless and want to frustrate others and some simple do not believe in having children and I simple respect that.

This post is strictly for people who believe in child birth. Let us benefit from a positive forum as Nigerians. Mumsnet and many other forums discuss these topics in a very healthy and loving manner. And they are mostly white people.

Thank you for understanding.

10 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Boliboli760: 11:48am On May 28, 2022
Gloriagee:
Happened twice for me so no biggie but I usually stop breastfeeding once they clock one.

That is great to read. Look forward to mine. How did you stop breastfeeding? Kindly share we can all benefit from our fellow mothers.
Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Gloriagee(f): 12:15pm On May 28, 2022
My dear, they just lost interest by 1 year without any special action of mine. Personally, I was also petrified about the impact of long term breastfeeding on my breasts so it was max 1 year for me. You might need to keep experimenting with foods till you find wat your little one likes and age appropriate multivitamins like abidec or reload to boost the appetite.

Boliboli760 :-Xpost=113247897:

That is great to read. Look forward to mine. How did you stop breastfeeding? Kindly share we can all benefit from our fellow mothers.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by AndSunGorilla: 12:39pm On May 28, 2022
[quote author=Boliboli760 post=113247897]

That is great to read. Look forward to mine. How did you stop breastfeeding? Kindly share we can all benefit from our fellow mothers.[/quote
Having a breast pump would probably also help out, because even if you stop breastfeeding for a couple if days, I believe lactation will still happen and then you might be tempted to out your baby on the breast again. And just be ready not to look Uche face for your pikin, the baby go cry and you just ignore, easier said than done but it's up to you.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Boliboli760: 2:02pm On May 28, 2022
[quote author=AndSunGorilla post=113249226][/quote]
Lol. Will try this.Already have enough pumped milk in the freezer.Miss even refuses bottle ... Will definitely have to bold up.
Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Delektable: 7:22pm On May 28, 2022
kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Boliboli760: 10:40pm On May 28, 2022
Delektable:

Wow, this life is funny. Mummy mine was even the reverse, my wife took in sharp sharp breastfeeding or no breastfeeding, I was even shocked how it happened. Baby was about 7 months sef when she took in, then she was actively breastfeeding because my wife did almost 90% breastfeeding with little solid food after 6 months but exclusively for 0-6months, and I was firing down with rest of mind, nuturing our new born. We even consulted our Gynae consultant and he said no wahala. Only for mama to start displaying all the pregnancy signs again. When our baby was 9-10 months, these signs became intense, we now did PT, lo and behold another one was already in the oven. Since then, I am afraid to fire carelessly after the birth of baby 2. So my advice is whether or not you are breastfeeding just tell oga to keep firing without caution since you want it, don't worry if it will happen it will happen....and of course put it in prayers.

Lol. Different strokes for Different folks. Thanks a lot for these reassuring words. Much appreciated.
Sending love and light to you and your family.
Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by Boliboli760: 6:43am On Aug 24, 2022
Just wanted to give an update on the thread.I was able to stop breastfeeding in June, I gave my child fresh milk ,cerelac and solids as alternatives. I tracked my ovulation in July, funny enough i never did anything with hubby during my ovulation window but did something before and after. Found out I am now pregnant in August.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding A 1 Year Old? by dobnina(f): 7:44am On Aug 24, 2022
Boliboli760:
Just wanted to give an update on the thread.I was able to stop breastfeeding in June, I gave my child fresh milk ,cerelac and solids as alternatives. I tracked my ovulation in July, funny enough i never did anything with hubby during my ovulation window but did something before and after. Found out I am now pregnant in August.
Congratulations dear.
Pls call us when you give birth so we can come and eat rice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Nigerian Culture And Self Esteem / I Would Have Get Marry To Igbo Lady But God Save Me! / Arise: A Faith Based NGO To Provide Training Skills For 1000 Women In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.