Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,397 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:11 PM

Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) (38224 Views)

See The Oha Soup My Female Neighbor Brought For Me This Morning. / A Nairalander's 11 Years Wedding Anniversary Thank You Soup For Her Hubby (pix) / Photo Of The Oha Soup I Prepared With N850 In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Channah1(f): 9:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
annyberry:
Are u from umuahia?

Nope.
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
gloryhomemaker:

If you are sure of the source of the dry cocoyam its good, but sometimes they mix it with other things.
You can also use Ukpo,Ofor, or Achi to thicken your soup.
If you have a good blender, you can blend the cocoyam too.

I've only heard of Achi out of the ones you mentioned. It's usage will be just the same way as the powdered cocoyam kwo?

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Boobysmith: 10:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
this and bitter leaf are my best soup

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Icon79(m): 10:14pm On Jun 14, 2022
Where did you get fresh oha at this time of the year?

O pari

gloryhomemaker:
Recipe:
Fresh Oha leaves
Uziza leaves
Cocoyam
Beef
Stock fish
Dry Cat fish
Ogili Igbo
Beef seasoning
Salt
Pepper
Crayfish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2XTKN5LT9U

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Yinksy09(m): 10:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
This looks nice. Na better soup be this

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Eyanbahose: 11:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
This is looking sumptuous cheesy

Look at the lastest Oraimo smartwatch I bought. Heard alot if good news about it

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by holysaint1(m): 1:49am On Jun 15, 2022
Don't know if any one here has tasted oha and egusi soup ?

as in egusi was used as part of the ingredient in preparing the oha soup.

Tasted it this weekend... and my belle no gree full. over sweet dey worry am. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Dshocker(m): 4:48am On Jun 15, 2022
Channah1:

I prefer ukpo as my thickener though cos it's very light and has a unique taste.

Cocoyam is the best, not those watery soup

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Crazeworld(m): 6:29am On Jun 15, 2022
Channah1:

It depends on the oil you use. Upko doesn't darken soup especially if you use it with oha leaves.

Even when you use little, it will still turn like that.

That's the ukpo seed. You boil or roast it with the shell then peel and pound or grind to powder.
The taste is so good.

Thank you. Can I get it at the market? I'm Yoruba but I like Igbo delicacies a lot.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Channah1(f): 6:41am On Jun 15, 2022
Crazeworld:
Thank you. Can I get it at the market? I'm Yoruba but I like Igbo delicacies a lot.

Yes. You can get it but most times it the powdered one you'll get. The seed is hard to find here.

2 Likes

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Channah1(f): 6:44am On Jun 15, 2022
Dshocker:

Cocoyam is the best, not those watery soup

Cocoyam depends on the type of soup. I prefer it in bitter leaf soup not oha.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Pacyrus(m): 6:56am On Jun 15, 2022
Where's the ede?

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Dshocker(m): 6:57am On Jun 15, 2022
Channah1:

Cocoyam depends on the type of soup. I prefer it in bitter leaf soup not oha.

My sister cocoyam is far more better to use for any soup thickener, than the one you guys use in Imo state and Abia state called "Achi"

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by AyencoH20(m): 9:49am On Jun 15, 2022
A church brother and friend offered me this meal as a Yoruba Youth Corps member in Ohafia, Abia state that year 2017 and I really loved it.

1 Like

Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by lifenajeje(m): 10:56am On Jun 15, 2022
Mariangeles:

Oha, the king of soups. cheesy

I believe u have not tried other soups across Nigeria...

Oha can't be king .
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Mariangeles(f): 4:21pm On Jun 15, 2022
lifenajeje:

I believe u have not tried other soups across Nigeria...

Oha can't be king .

What soup do you consider the best then? cheesy
Re: Oha Soup For Better In-laws (pics & video) by Donvictor2015: 9:00am On Jun 18, 2022
Channah1:

Nope.
From Awori in Lagos. Though i served in the e
East.
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Can You Eat This Egg Barbecue? / How Healthy Is Bobo Drink For Kids? / Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.