Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,245 members, 7,836,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency (20526 Views)

2023: Jonathan's Lawyer, Omare Reacts After Court Clears Jonathan / Between Peter Obi And A Nigerian Who Asked Him To Contest Presidency In 2023 / Pius Anyim: I’ll Contest Presidency In 2013, Whether PDP Zone It Or Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Bimpe29: 2:14pm On May 27, 2022
We are poised to bring back our clueless President. grin
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Duru009(m): 2:18pm On May 27, 2022
My brother FEAR northerners ooooooo
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by kollinz1234(m): 2:19pm On May 27, 2022
Basher8583:

The bolded is how I know you are fond of making bad choices in life.

The funny thing is this dog will be typing this sh1t from Lagos that has been organized by Tinubu.

You are just a product of a misguided society. If you are not a sadist, u would have presented a superior logic to counter my point, but as usual, Awolowo free education scheme is a waste upon you

2 Likes

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by staga: 2:20pm On May 27, 2022
Tinubu is about to shed premium tears. He will be in sifia pains!

1 Like

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Lazenby007(m): 2:20pm On May 27, 2022
hammer567:

I TOLD AFONJA(YORUBA) DAT THEY WILL CRY AGAIN... cool
Issokay ! Continue
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by olatuns2017: 2:24pm On May 27, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

You don't know better than APC so park well

Prince of Yenegua

Continue
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by obinnashady(m): 2:29pm On May 27, 2022
There are some b*St*rds here on Nairaland that wouldn't like this news

They will grill vulture to hell fire

We're waiting for them to start calling Jonathan 'our darling Daddy'
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Senatorgreg(m): 2:40pm On May 27, 2022
Hmmmmm!!! E don be�
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by livinbygrace: 2:48pm On May 27, 2022
Omo Diezani,FFK ,Reno Omokri and all government officials who served under Jonathan would be the happiest if Jonathan comes back to contest,infact the election would be a work over for him
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by hokafor(m): 2:49pm On May 27, 2022
Jonathan again , there will be no much difference is as good as continuation from where the monumental failure buhari stops
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by femiasaolu2014: 2:55pm On May 27, 2022
If GEJ could contest for president in 2015, why the sudden hullabaloo about the validity of his candidacy in 2023?

I mean what changed?

People who say he isn't valid for him to contest in 2023 could have made the same argument in 2015.

What if he had won, would they say he was an invalid president?

Nigerian politics is BS.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 2:58pm On May 27, 2022
garfield1:

Gemade faction is illegal.what of taraba and kwara
Taraba has problem.

Bwacha did Direct Primary and was declared but NWC approved indirect. All other aspirants have told the NWC to do something, obviously INEC won't accept Bwacha.

Kwara was unopposed, the incumbent returned.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by garfield1: 2:59pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

Taraba has problem.

Bwacha did Direct Primary and was declared but NWC approved indirect. All other aspirants have told the NWC to do something, obviously INEC won't accept Bwacha.

Kwara was unopposed, the incumbent returned.

I told you earlier that bwacha is going for guber.senator abubakar should pick the ticket nirmally.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 3:02pm On May 27, 2022
garfield1:
I told you earlier that Bwacha is going for guber. Senator Abubakar should pick the ticket normally.
They are United against him.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Unperturbed2022: 3:05pm On May 27, 2022
doggedfighter:

Hahahahahaha

You have no pity grin

You sure say no be dem do make that guy dey piss for body?
Tell them make dem come down o. The balls inside don burst.

1 Like

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by DeleTaller: 3:07pm On May 27, 2022
donaldking10:
with the blessing from buhari & the cabals, the north would vote for him massively.
The south-east & the south-south would most definitely also vote massively for him.
The Drug Baron can kiss his presidential ambitions good-bye.
Mr Bullion-Van can now retire to an old people's home in London.

Jumping fence no dey tire u? U supported Osinbade no more...u supported Amaechi the annoiting one no more...
After Peter dashed ur hope here u Re again running after Jonathan... u no dey get shame at all?
I wonder what u would say after Jonathan goes under carpet.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by yemmit90: 3:19pm On May 27, 2022
DropsMic:
No matter how smart you think you are.., you can never be as smart as the Northern elites.. Their own smartness comes with a little tinge of diabolism.

They looks smart because of silly Southern politicians that always bend to their rules.

Another one is this pathetic Jonathan, only a clueless man will accept this kind of stupid offer from APC. Jonathan has absolutely nothing more to offer but sorrow and more economic woe.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Putinofrussia: 3:23pm On May 27, 2022
Jonathan?...DOA
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Newton2024: 3:24pm On May 27, 2022
StrongandMighty:

Yes, Jonathan will beat Tinubu hands down both in free and fair election as well as rigging, Tinubu is no match ...

Yorubas are the ones that over rated Tinubu with their noise!
Please, do mention [b]Yoruba muslims [/b]next time sir. Yoruba christians are not insane. We are the best.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 3:30pm On May 27, 2022
garfield1:
Ahmed Aliyu, Tambuwal's ex-Deputy and the man who pushed him to the limits in 2019 has won the Sokoto APC Primary.

Sokoto will be fight to finish.

Senator Ibrahim Gobir 36
Amb. Faruk Malami Yabo 27
Yusuf Suleiman 16
Abubakar Abdullahi 1
Ahmed Aliyu 1,080
Sen. Umar Gada 0
Invalid 23
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Tundex911: 3:44pm On May 27, 2022
Make dey backward the post to the 1960 now...

Awon weyrey judges up and down
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by garfield1: 4:03pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

Ahmed Aliyu, Tambuwal's ex-Deputy and the man who pushed him to the limits in 2019 has won the Sokoto APC Primary.

Sokoto will be fight to finish.

Senator Ibrahim Gobir 36
Amb. Faruk Malami Yabo 27
Yusuf Suleiman 16
Abubakar Abdullahi 1
Ahmed Aliyu 1,080
Sen. Umar Gada 0
Invalid 23

There will be to fight.no one will survive
Aliyu
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Penguin2: 4:15pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

Just like I said.... Penguin2

BENUE is voting, I don't know of Sokoto but Gemade is urging the NWC to jettison Direct Primary.

PS: Imagine me typing grenade....na wah for me sef cry

Yes, you said it.

Like you said, INEC is dealing with NWC who communicated that Abia guber primaries would be through Direct Primaries.

But remember my contention is if the NWC has the power to unilaterally impose a form of primaries on a state without the input of the SWC?

Was the SWC of Abia even aware that their primaries was to be by Direct method?

It’s an internal party affair, but there has to be a way to seek redress.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by vickydevoka(m): 4:16pm On May 27, 2022
donaldking10:
with the blessing from buhari & the cabals, the north would vote for him massively.
The south-east & the south-south would most definitely also vote massively for him.
The Drug Baron can kiss his presidential ambitions good-bye.
Mr Bullion-Van can now retire to an old people's home in London.
North will vote massively
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 4:26pm On May 27, 2022
Penguin2:

Yes, you said it.

Like you said, INEC is dealing with NWC who communicated that Abia guber primaries would be through Direct Primaries.

But remember my contention is if the NWC has the power to unilaterally impose a form of primaries on a state without the input of the SWC?

Was the SWC of Abia even aware that their primaries was to be by Direct method?

It’s an internal party affair, but there has to be a way to seek redress.
Issues of membership and leadership are strictly intra-party affairs, the Court won't touch it.

It's their choice. In Ogun last time out, Amosun wanted Indirect, Oshiomhole chose Direct for them. In cases like this it is power play and what determines is who is in control of NWC.

Whenever there is leadership issues, APC prefers to use Direct so that issues of which faction has the adhoc delegates won't become a factor since SWC has nothing to do with primaries excepting logistics.

The SWC spoke with all of them and they all agreed excepting Emenike.

PS:
Alex Otti has defected to Labour Party.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Penguin2: 4:42pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

Issues of membership and leadership are strictly intra-party affairs, the Court won't touch it.

It's their choice. In Ogun last time out, Amosun wanted Indirect, Oshiomhole chose Direct for them. In cases like this it is power play and what determines is who is in control of NWC.

Whenever there is leadership issues, APC prefers to use Direct so that issues of which faction has the adhoc delegates won't become a factor since SWC has nothing to do with primaries excepting logistics.

The SWC spoke with all of them and they all agreed excepting Emenike.

PS:
Alex Otti has defected to Labour Party.

Court not touching cases regarding intra-party affair is grounds for impunity by political parties. I’m still contending that.

Meanwhile, Alex Otti lost the chance to be Abia governor when he defected to APC.

I really don’t know who the strategists of these politicians are, but they sometimes act like people without brains.

Otti knew the sentiments of Igbos against APC.

He equally knew of the different powerful individuals in the party, but still went ahead and joined APC.

Now reality has dawned on him after contaminating himself and he’s going to Labour Party to complete the numbers.

His best chance was in APGA but he blew it.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by MrSamsung(m): 5:17pm On May 27, 2022
ityP:

I don't think he will be on the ballot sha. All these games is just to hide what they are actually planning. Now, focus would be on GEJ while they're finalising their plans

Yes GEJ will not be on the ballot. I am still shocked till now that no nairalander has realized that APC flagbearer has to be someone handpicked by PMB but GEJ has to recommend the person and probably/maybe the former Generals. So the three arrowhead participants Ameachi, Yemi and Bola are not recommended by GEJ. GEJ is just going to the primaries to block them, collect the delegates vote and dump it for the man who meets the above criterias who I think is Ogbonnaya Onu.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 5:17pm On May 27, 2022
Penguin2:
Court not touching cases regarding intra-party affair is grounds for impunity by political parties. I’m still contending that.
The Supreme Court has said that many many many times.

The only time a Court will touch it is if it violates the Party Guidelines, Electoral Act & 1999 CFRN.
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Penguin2: 5:31pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

The Supreme Court has said that many many many times.

The only time a Court will touch it is if it violates the Party Guidelines, Electoral Act & 1999 CFRN.

Got it
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 6:24pm On May 27, 2022
Penguin2:

Got it
Nkechi Nwaogu withdraws from Senate Primares for APC for Abia Central Zone.

garfield1

Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by Penguin2: 6:37pm On May 27, 2022
fergie001:

Nkechi Nwaogu withdraws from Senate Primares for APC for Abia Central Zone.

garfield1

She should join APGA or Labour party.

Let’s leave PDP and APC for them.

Obi started a revolution
Re: Court Clears Jonathan To Contest Presidency by fergie001: 6:47pm On May 27, 2022
Penguin2:

She should join APGA or Labour party.

Let’s leave PDP and APC for them.

Obi started a revolution
According to Fayose, I am just looking @ them grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APC Kicks As PDP Says Tinubu’s Emergence As Candidate Invalid / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Visists Alh Tanko Yankasai (Photos) / $15bn Arms Deals: Panel Traces N2bn To Five Children Of Ex-army Chief

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.