Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi (21614 Views)

Peter Obi Invested N1.96 Billion And The Value Now Is N2.24 Billion (picture) / N96b Fraud: Supreme Court To Amaechi 'Go & Face The Commission' / Everybody Is Hungry, Including Me - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by JasonEkanem: 4:57pm On May 27, 2022
Former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, on Friday said the Supreme Court judgment dismissing his appeal to stop his probe over an alleged N96 billion fraud has vindicated him.

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, had earlier described the judgment as a vindication of his administration’s decision to probe Mr Amaechi.

“Nigeria’s apex court today ruled on the Appeal filed by Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi against the Rivers State Government on the Justice Omereji Judicial Commission of Inquiry,” a statement released by Amaechi’s media office said.

“The Supreme Court in dismissing the Appeal however pronounced that the function of the Judicial Commission of Inquiry was mere investigative, that nobody, neither Amaechi nor anyone else, was on trial before the panel.

“The Supreme Court ruling clearly vindicates the former Governor of Rivers State. The apex court was categorical and clear that Amaechi was not on trial. The implication of this is that any indictment from the Commission is null and void and cannot stand.

“With this judgment, Amaechi has been vindicated and cleared him of all purported or alleged indictment by the Governor Wike’s Commission. It has been further settled that the decisions/recommendations of the Commission of Inquiry and subsequent White Paper issued by the State Government is not a conviction or indictment and cannot stand.

“From the onset, it was obvious to any discerning mind that the Commission was set up to embarrass, denigrate and humiliate Amaechi. The apex court judgment today, further buttressed this stance. A Commission purportedly set up to investigate past financial transactions was actually a Commission to personally witch-hunt Amaechi.”

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/05/27/alleged-n96bn-fraud-supreme-court-judgment

4 Likes

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by TheTrueSeeker2: 5:03pm On May 27, 2022
Damage control abi?

Since you knew the recommendations of the commission would lack any weight to prosecute you, why were you running from the panel?

The SC advised you to go and present yourself first before shouting witch-hunt or if the recommendation of the panel could serve as an indictment against you.

The worst Amaechi is planning to do right now is to run to another court to restrain the RSG or the EFCC or NPF from arresting him in connection with the Panel's white paper.

This he plans to do to buy more time for himself

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by jnig: 5:09pm On May 27, 2022
Cleared How do lawyers read the judgements their learned colleagues in courts reel out? Ameachi, just wait for Wike. Very soon, you go know say Wike is a mad man

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by Fidinno(m): 5:16pm On May 27, 2022
Oga, was never on trial. The panel was just an investigative panel set up by governor Wike.

2 Likes

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by rayvelez(m): 5:20pm On May 27, 2022
Emperor wike will deploy police on this pot belly thief any time he enter River state. I remember dagogo is still in jail lol.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by jospepper(m): 5:33pm On May 27, 2022
But why were you running from the panel?

The wicked run when no one is pursuing him.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by savcy(m): 5:33pm On May 27, 2022
Oga go and answer your case. Your ambition ends here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by BabaIbo: 5:39pm On May 27, 2022
CRA '23 is a divine mandate.

One with God is majority, so no Jupiter can stop it!

3 Likes

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by BabaIbo: 5:40pm On May 27, 2022
savcy:

Ignor*mus!
Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by chopmymoney(f): 5:42pm On May 27, 2022
Rubbish.....
Can you hear yourself?
Why is he running away from the panel ?
Failure impersonified.....

2 Likes

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:43pm On May 27, 2022
The Lion of Ubima is vindicated.

The best Minister in thr administration of our darling Daddy.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by descarado: 5:45pm On May 27, 2022
I have been reading for sometime now this man is the consensus candidate.
Today, its Jonathan.
If its true, what will amaechi do if Jonathan wins?

See how the North is using the south cos of disunity.

Not even talking about tinubu.

3 Likes

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by IgOga(m): 5:48pm On May 27, 2022
They dismiss your appeal to stop the probe...abi eye dey pain me ni shocked Oga dem don sell you market

5 Likes

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by ndukwejoe(m): 5:58pm On May 27, 2022
this is the beginning of emperor Wike losing
Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by Lush100(m): 5:59pm On May 27, 2022
JasonEkanem:

https://www.channelstv.com/2022/05/27/alleged-n96bn-fraud-supreme-court-judgment
Wait are words and meanings now different in Nigeria.
U were accused of siphoning 96bn.
A panel of inquiry was set up to do what?
It was either set up to investigate that the findings based on evidences are true thereby indicting you of the allegations or that there was no misappropriation.
So how does vindication comes before the panel have finished their investigation for which you refused to appear for.
Not a trial but could indict u of the allegations

Is this journalist sane or what?

4 Likes

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by davodyguy: 6:03pm On May 27, 2022
This doesn't in anyway way say he stole or he didn't steal.
The panel can investigate him and send recommendations to EFCC, CCT or even the police for prosecution and arrest

1 Like

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by davodyguy: 6:05pm On May 27, 2022
Lush100:
Wait are words and meanings now different in Nigeria.
U were accused of siphoning 96bn.
A panel of inquiry was set up to do what?
It was either set up to investigate that the findings based on evidences are true thereby indicting you of the allegations or that there was no misappropriation.
So how does vindication comes before the panel have finished their investigation for which you refused to appear for.
Not a trial but could indict u of the allegations

Is this journalist sane or what?

The panel can investigate him and send recommendations to EFCC, CCT or even the police for prosecution and arrest
Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by Gozac: 6:05pm On May 27, 2022
savcy:
For your information he has been cleared to contest in the APC primaries on Sunday.He will emerge as the presidential flag bearer for your information, so stop jubilating
Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by davodyguy: 6:07pm On May 27, 2022
Gozac:
For your information he has been cleared to contest in the APC primaries on Sunday.He will emerge as the presidential flag bearer for your information, so stop jubilating
He can still be arrested before election. He has no immunity.

The panel can send outcome to EFCC for prosecution

4 Likes

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by davodyguy: 6:09pm On May 27, 2022
post=113228899:
The Lion of Ubima is vindicated.

The best Minister in thr administration of our darling Daddy.
Can you read at all?

He doesn't have immunity and can be arrested before 2023 election anytime, including tomorrow

4 Likes

Re: ₦96 Billion Fraud: Supreme Court Judgment Vindicates Me – Amaechi by davodyguy: 6:11pm On May 27, 2022
TheTrueSeeker2:
Damage control abi?

Since you knew the recommendations of the commission would lack any weight to prosecute you, why were you running from the panel?

The SC advised you to go and present yourself first before shouting witch-hunt or if the recommendation of the panel could serve as an indictment against you.

The worst Amaechi is planning to do right now is to run to another court to restrain the RSG or the EFCC or NPF from arresting him in connection with the Panel's white paper.

This he plans to do to buy more time for himself
Exactly

He has no immunity and can be arrested like Rochas

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Troops Clear Gworege Village Of Terrorists, Recover Arms & Ammunition - Photos / EFCC Seizes Houses Of Bala Mohammed And His Son, Shamsudeen Bala / Amaechi Meets South-East Delegates In Imo State, Canvasses For Vote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.