Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,854 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:22 PM

Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? (3364 Views)

Can Southwest Be Comfortable In A Country Without The Southeast / 2023: Even Father G O Will Never Ever Trust The Betrayer With Sensitive Position / Biafra : Why Igbos Can Never Ever Trust Asari Dokubo Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by pointblank247(m): 5:01am On May 28, 2022
There is no need for trust between the North and SW, This is because they know each other well enough, they are using the same template.
They always come together and tolerate each other each time they want to out smart the SE.
Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Pious101: 5:01am On May 28, 2022
PoliteActivist:
Southwest? Aren't you forgetting it is Southeast turn to produce president?
on what basis? Should it be given to them on a platter of gold without working for it? How many south east aspirant have the political weight to win Tinibu right now?

2 Likes

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by MrMcJay(m): 5:02am On May 28, 2022
Uchek:
There is no document. [s]The North sent Awolowo to prison. The North destabilized Western Region and imposed state of emergency.

So why did Awolowo align with his political enemy and nemesis - Muslim North - to fight for One Nigeria which the North dominated?

The pre-war crisis was between the North and East or Ndigbo and Hausa/Fulani. Why didn’t Awolowo maintain a neutral stance and allow the two political enemies to settle their conflict in the battlefield?[/s]

I have seen the answer I need. There was no agreement.

I don't want to debate the civil war. It's an emotive issue for a lot of people and I don't want to talk about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by MrMcJay(m): 5:04am On May 28, 2022
malel1:

Oga iGBos dont have problem with osibanjo , but ur tinubu cant be nigeria president , instead let them give it to GEJ .
Tinubu spoilt everything, by contesting, he should have supported OSibanjo instead .

Nobody needs him to handle Nigera the way he is handling lag pls

What if the plot to give GEJ doesn't fall through and Tinubu gets it, what will you now do?
Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by limeta(f): 6:36am On May 28, 2022
Should south west have trusted the north in 2015 that should be the question .

Greed leads to doom .

3 Likes

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by ZombieSlaughter: 6:45am On May 28, 2022
Philipponzaghi:
It is politics. It’s not a game of SW & North.

But the game right here is that SW has equal stake in APC and nothing dey happen. We are not like cry babies with inferiority complex that won’t ask for the right we deserve.

There won’t be any Jonathan on that APC ticket, if it’s that easy, they would have pull him in tey tey. Just relax and watch the game play out.

Stop making noise as if you really havr any veritable plan. APC will field Lawan or Jona and heaven will not fall.
Nobody owes yorubas anything in this country.

You cried for equity and justice in 1999 and everybody rallied round you and made a yoruba man president. You were veritably assuaged. Today you oppose the same equity and justice for others.

You will cry through your nose today and nobody will give a damn. Again nobody owes you anything.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Saintinoo(m): 6:46am On May 28, 2022
Dsalvo:

100% correct response start to finish. Yorubas know their worth and will demand it. Yorubas have the leverage and importance to gain what they demand also.

Regardless of how some ascribe mythical political superiority to the North, the reality is that the North cannot go it alone, to do as they please regardless of serious damage done to others, without causing lingering resentment and political bad blood that will destroy a currently very fragile and divided Nigeria.

The North can never impose GEJ on the APC to the detriment of Yorubas no matter how desperate they are to have a southern stooge replace PMB.

GEJ will never ever be the candidate of the APC because the APC does not belong to Buhari and his minions. It is merely their franchise for 8 years.

We are already in the final year of the 8. The biggest fool in Nigeria is anyone, like IPOBians, who thinks many wont fight Buhari to a standstill to prevent him destroying the APC he will then be free to walk away from next year after creating a big mess for many .

Hahahaha cry me a river, North will impose Jonathan, North, Southeast and South South will vote for him.

Game over, the Southwest can keep crying.

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by ZombieSlaughter: 6:48am On May 28, 2022
Philipponzaghi:

Coming from a 5% tribe that haven’t tasted the democratically elected presidency before, I can feel your bitterness.

This is the bitterness that made Ojuku sacrifice millions of your ancestors to the fulani god. Na why they use the foolish Ekueme to create PDP and still impose OBJ on the erosion ravaged muddy region.

Na same reason why they bring Ojuku from exile and use him to impose Shagari before they later dumped his flatty head and he died singing one Nigeria.

Na same reason why Azikiwe the vagabond played second fiddle to Balewa who later repaid him by slaughtering over 3thousand of his loudmouthed erosion ravaged minions in the North. We understand.

Na same reason why they the fulani used the senile Ojuku to stop Adaka Boro from secession only to turn around to suyanise the Biafla people until the man ran away disguised like a woman after the fulas baby factorilize his people.

As e dey pain the 5% people, e dey sweet us.

Pained emotional yoruba rants. grin

Counter his facts. You no fit. grin

2 Likes

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Saintinoo(m): 6:57am On May 28, 2022
MrMcJay:
The politicians in the North are not for GEJ Presidency. In fact, they are the ones fighting tooth and nail for Tinubu. They are doing this because they have vested interests and they know Tinubu is capable of taking care of their interests as he has a long history of doing so.

The people drafting GEJ into this race are those who can never win elections on their own. The so-called cabal are yesterday's men who were living on meagre pension before Buhari became President, Malami who ran away from Kebbi guber primaries, one recharge card seller in Katsina who got to Aso Rock became a billionaire overnight and some other electoral liabilities who can't even win their wards.

Bashir Ahmad collected his own wotowoto yesterday. With Federal might, he ran away from the venue of the primaries. Malami that is giving them legal advice saw failure staring at his face in Kebbi and decided to run away.

As it is, Buhari is playing defensive politics by hiding and shifting goal posts. All that has an expiry date, he will be forced to do for GEJ what he couldn't do for Malami, Bashir Ahmad and Co. It is not Tinubu running, it is interests running.

hahahaha Yoruba will not kill me with laugh. let me educate you on this, it was the northern governors that brought the idea of Jonathan as consensus candidate, Buni, Badaru and Bagudu are championing it, the only northern governor against that plan is El rufai, try and come down to the North and hear public opinion of these Northerners, every market, mosque, gathering, everywhere is Jonathan.

You think those governors that are deceiving Tinubu mean well for him? then you truely don't know the North. Ask your brothers staying in the far North, they have all concluded their plans, it's either a Northerner as president or they give it to Jonathan who will give them back.
Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by PoliteActivist: 6:57am On May 28, 2022
MrMcJay:

Please, could you point me to any link, document or reasarch article that gives evidence that Awo agreed to secede with Ojukwu. Thank you.

Here is a newspaper report of what Awo himself said publicly
(note the bolded):

VANGUARD
26 SEP 2017
By Eric Teniola
ON May 1, 1967 at a meeting of Leaders of thought of Western Region, Chief Obafemi Awolowo made the following declarations:
“I consider my duty to Yoruba people in particular and to Nigerians in general to place four imperatives, two of them categorical, and two conditional:

(1) Only a peaceful solution must be found to arrest the present worsening stalemate and restore normalcy.

(2) The Eastern Region must be encouraged to remain part of the Federation

(3). If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation.

(4) The people of Western Nigeria or Lagos would participate in the Ad hoc Constitutional Committee or any similar body only on the basis of absolute equality with other Regions of the Federation”.

It was the gravest statement made by any leader in Nigeria at a crucial time.
The question is why did the Western Region not follow the Eastern Region when it seceded on May 30, 1967?

The Daily Sketch which published in full Chief Awolowo’s speech on May 2, 1967 sold out in Enugu at two shillings per copy which is more equivalent of today’s six hundred naira. The speech was hot cake in Igbo land - all and sundry understood it to mean Awolowo would pull the Yorubas out of Nigeria if Igbos seceded.
================================

On July 2001 Rudolf Okonkwo pointedly asked Ojukwu if there was such agreement. Here is what he said (note the bolded):

RUDOLF OKONKWO: Did the meeting take place, and was there such an agreement?

OJUKWU: We’ve said this over and over again, so many times, and people don’t understand; they don’t want to actually...

Don’t forget that the political purpose of the coup, the Ifeajuna coup that began all this, was to hand power over to Awo. We young men respected him a great deal. He was a hero. I thought he was a hero and certainly I received him when I was governor. We talked and he was very vehement when he saw our complaints and he said that if the Igbos were forced out by Nigeria that he would take the Yorubas out also. I don’t know what anybody makes of that statement but it is simple. Whether he did or didn’t, it is too late. There is nothing you can do about it.

Here is what Sam Aluko, who was at the meeting, said
:

"What Ojukwu Told Me, Before, Durring, And After The War" - SAM ALUKO

"Awolowo said, if the East left the federation, the Yoruba would have to leave the federation."

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Truthisunique2: 6:59am On May 28, 2022
Yorubas are pawns in the hand of the north

The reality is do you have a choice than continue to serve the north

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by PoliteActivist: 7:01am On May 28, 2022
SIRTee15:

Stop being stupid. How can a civilian man lead a secession? With what? It's not even like Awolowo is the head of govt in western region during the period. A bloody civilian that just came out of jail wants to lead a secesion in a military regime. They will simply arrest him and flung him back to jail.
Ojukwu didn't approach the Yoruba military officers for support but trusted the word of a civilian that did not control even a battalion. Is that not stupidity on his part?
U guys suppose they use una head instead of writing the nonsense u were told by your emotional parents.

Here you are, some 60 years later, knowing better than people who were there.

On July 2001 Rudolf Okonkwo pointedly asked Ojukwu if there was such agreement. Here is what he said (note the bolded):

RUDOLF OKONKWO: Did the meeting take place, and was there such an agreement?

OJUKWU: We’ve said this over and over again, so many times, and people don’t understand; they don’t want to actually...

Don’t forget that the political purpose of the coup, the Ifeajuna coup that began all this, was to hand power over to Awo. We young men respected him a great deal. He was a hero. I thought he was a hero and certainly I received him when I was governor. We talked and he was very vehement when he saw our complaints and he said that if the Igbos were forced out by Nigeria that he would take the Yorubas out also. I don’t know what anybody makes of that statement but it is simple. Whether he did or didn’t, it is too late. There is nothing you can do about it.

Here is what Sam Aluko, who was at the meeting, said
:

"What Ojukwu Told Me, Before, Durring, And After The War" - SAM ALUKO

"Awolowo said, if the East left the federation, the Yoruba would have to leave the federation."

=================================

Here is a newspaper report of what Awo himself said publicly
(note the bolded):

VANGUARD
26 SEP 2017
By Eric Teniola
ON May 1, 1967 at a meeting of Leaders of thought of Western Region, Chief Obafemi Awolowo made the following declarations:
“I consider my duty to Yoruba people in particular and to Nigerians in general to place four imperatives, two of them categorical, and two conditional:

(1) Only a peaceful solution must be found to arrest the present worsening stalemate and restore normalcy.

(2) The Eastern Region must be encouraged to remain part of the Federation

(3). If the Eastern Region is allowed by acts of omission or commission to secede from or opt out of Nigeria, then Western Region and Lagos must also stay out of the Federation.

(4) The people of Western Nigeria or Lagos would participate in the Ad hoc Constitutional Committee or any similar body only on the basis of absolute equality with other Regions of the Federation”.

It was the gravest statement made by any leader in Nigeria at a crucial time.
The question is why did the Western Region not follow the Eastern Region when it seceded on May 30, 1967?

The Daily Sketch which published in full Chief Awolowo’s speech on May 2, 1967 sold out in Enugu at two shillings per copy which is more equivalent of today’s six hundred naira. The speech was hot cake in Igbo land - all and sundry understood it to mean Awolowo would pull the Yorubas out of Nigeria if Igbos seceded.

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by PoliteActivist: 7:28am On May 28, 2022
Pious101:
on what basis? Should it be given to them on a platter of gold without working for it? How many south east aspirant have the political weight to win Tinibu right now?

See below

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:31am On May 28, 2022
MrMcJay:
The politicians in the North are not for GEJ Presidency. In fact, they are the ones fighting tooth and nail for Tinubu. They are doing this because they have vested interests and they know Tinubu is capable of taking care of their interests as he has a long history of doing so.

The people drafting GEJ into this race are those who can never win elections on their own. The so-called cabal are yesterday's men who were living on meagre pension before Buhari became President, Malami who ran away from Kebbi guber primaries, one recharge card seller in Katsina who got to Aso Rock became a billionaire overnight and some other electoral liabilities who can't even win their wards.

Bashir Ahmad collected his own wotowoto yesterday. With Federal might, he ran away from the venue of the primaries. Malami that is giving them legal advice saw failure staring at his face in Kebbi and decided to run away.

As it is, Buhari is playing defensive politics by hiding and shifting goal posts. All that has an expiry date, he will be forced to do for GEJ what he couldn't do for Malami, Bashir Ahmad and Co. It is not Tinubu running, it is interests running.
If that is truly the case then you have nothing to worry about.Go back to sleep with your two eyes closed
Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by TheNiceGuy(m): 7:32am On May 28, 2022
Nah this last piece I just want to be hearing I don't even read OP epistle.

How GEJ wan tey get APC ticket
Philipponzaghi:
It is politics. It’s not a game of SW & North.

But the game right here is that SW has equal stake in APC and nothing dey happen. We are not like cry babies with inferiority complex that won’t ask for the right we deserve.

There won’t be any Jonathan on that APC ticket, if it’s that easy, they would have pull him in tey tey. Just relax and watch the game play out.

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:33am On May 28, 2022
MrMcJay:

What if the plot to give GEJ doesn't fall through and Tinubu gets it, what will you now do?
We both know Tinubu at the moment does not stand a 1% chance of picking up the APC ticket
Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:33am On May 28, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Nah this last piece I just want to be hearing I don't even read OP epistle.

How GEJ wan tey get APC ticket
Just watch and observe
Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by PaChukwudi44(m): 7:36am On May 28, 2022
Pious101:
Which weight does Tinubu have? Because the SW media gave him a ceremonial title of APC national leader?

Conduct a poll between Tinubu abd Peter Obi and see who will win

BTW if it is by political weight the north will continue to rule

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Nobody: 7:53am On May 28, 2022
Saintinoo:

Hahahaha cry me a river, North will impose Jonathan, North, Southeast and South South will vote for him.

Game over, the Southwest can keep crying.

This is why the SW is the only region the North respects and know they must defer to.

Just look at what is coming out of the mouth of a grown adult.

Considering it is folks like you who will averagely make up the calibre of politicians from your region, is it any surprise you suck at politics with your leaders like Obi behaving like spoilt brats and stressed women on a 'heavy' time of the month? .

Contrast with how the average Yoruba talks here to note that it is not a mystery you lot suck at politics and why no one has regard for you.

2 Likes

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Nobody: 7:57am On May 28, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Which weight does Tinubu have? Because the SW media gave him a ceremonial title of APC national leader?

Conduct a poll between Tinubu abd Peter Obi and see who will win

BTW if it is by political weight the north will continue to rule

Lol. The heights of childishness and immaturity. Where had the 50 million polls Obi has won online gotten him exactly today?

Someone who fled rather than face the disgrace approaching, at the PDP primaries, which 20 million poll wins on twitter cannot prevent?

That coward is who you are mentioning along Tinubu? You guys can never gain salvation.

2 Likes

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Sonyboom: 8:16am On May 28, 2022
I don't know about the other geo zones o but I know for a fact that you as a person is a big fool, the biggest I ever encountered in my life along with your Igbo father .

PaChukwudi44:

It's even in the bible that traitors will get their recompense.

There are 6 geopolitical zones in the country and you want to cheat the rest of us.You think we are fools? The north knows it is not your turn to be president.
There is nothing like south here.The SW tried to cheat the other southern regions.

2 Likes

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by PoliteActivist: 8:28am On May 28, 2022
Dsalvo:

Lol. The heights of childishness and immaturity. Where had the 50 million polls Obi has won online gotten him exactly today?

Someone who fled rather than face the disgrace approaching, at the PDP primaries, which 20 million poll wins on twitter cannot prevent?

That coward is who you are mentioning along Tinubu? You guys can never gain salvation.

Shows how politically illiterate you are. That's a VERY SMART move by MPO. The party nominees are determined by a few delegates and usually by who has money to bribe them most. The president is elected by the public - which is where MPO strength lies, the grassroots. All he has to do is target his efforts towards them, not waste his resources on buying delegates!

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by joyandfaith: 8:34am On May 28, 2022
badoh:
With the recent event, rumour and body language of president buhari on the possibility of adopting Jonathan as the consensus candidate of APC, I consider it as an act of trackery and ungrateful situation. Only God destine a man for greatness but you will still need the support of people to attain specific position.
Buhari had earlier contested presidential elections three times and lost. Some eminent personalities in opposition parties(ACN, ANPP, nPDP and APGA) came to your rescue, stood by you, drafted resources and ensure you became the president. Why will you forget how they helped you to defeat a sitting president? Can you just look back and think over it again. Why not extend the same support to these people instead of rubbing Jonathan on their faces? Are you trying to play smart by foisting Jonathan on Nigeria so that he can do a single term and return power to the north or you are looking for a weak candidate that Atiku can defeat easily so that power remains in the North.
The treatment given to MKO still linger in the memory of the southwesterners and recent event suggest you want to also play Tinubu despite the effort he played in APC primaries against Atiku and your eventual emergence as president. People should note that Tinubu was an opposition leader then and bringing down Jonathan govt is without apology but for APC to be considering Jonathan as APC candidate is one of the wonders of the 21st century. Why allow aspirants to be touring various states canvassing for delegates when you already know they are going nowhere? Why not allow for primaries so that the best candidate will emerge? Why trying to foist an unpopular candidate on your party and expect unity in the party? Even if you have a preferred candidate, why not pick your deputy, or Amaechi or Umahi? These are tested politicians that can bring a rapid turnaround in Nigeria. These set of leaders are decisive, brave, sound, and good thinker who also have human feelings. People are watching what the north is working towards but if the north thinks they are smart by using divide and rule against the south, they should not forget that future alliance is been threatened and the south will never trust them again.

It was not only SW/ Tinubu that made Buhari a president . It was collective effort. If likes of saraki, kwakwaso, Amaechi, Okorocha and Atiku did not work against Gej, Tinubu effort would mean nothing. Buhari won Gej by 2.5 million votes. In fact new pdp and gej weakness made it possible for buhari to win.
Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by GoooodHardDick: 8:41am On May 28, 2022
Dsalvo:

What can one expect from you IPOBians but hateful, sentimental and illogical hogwash you think is sound political analysis.

The slave 'obeying' his masters would be your Igbo leaders who are all fleeing (like Obi, Kalu, Ngige etal) rather than face their Fulani masters.

If you are worthless, which the Igbos are politically, don't try and foist same tag on others who have worked hard to be intrinsically valuable and influential per the national politics of Nigeria.

While others kowtow to the North, and always assume the battle is lost against them, it is the Yorubas who take action that shows they understand that "change is the only thing constant in life" and that no man, however powerful, is an Island.

I'm a full blooded Edo niggar, and what that guy said was correct. He was right. Yorubas are slaves to the northerners na. Everyone knows this already.

The ass licking and slavery mentality of the Yorubas is just too much., to the extent that your god said Fulani and Yoruba are one! Just because of his selfish interest, this is pure asslicking.

Stop trying to twist his narratives man! He is simply trying to say let Yorubas stand on their own and not asslicking the northerners up and down like the slaves they are!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Kutunban: 8:57am On May 28, 2022
badoh:
With the recent event, rumour and body language of president buhari on the possibility of adopting Jonathan as the consensus candidate of APC, I consider it as an act of trackery and ungrateful situation. Only God destine a man for greatness but you will still need the support of people to attain specific position.
Buhari had earlier contested presidential elections three times and lost. Some eminent personalities in opposition parties(ACN, ANPP, nPDP and APGA) came to your rescue, stood by you, drafted resources and ensure you became the president. Why will you forget how they helped you to defeat a sitting president? Can you just look back and think over it again. Why not extend the same support to these people instead of rubbing Jonathan on their faces? Are you trying to play smart by foisting Jonathan on Nigeria so that he can do a single term and return power to the north or you are looking for a weak candidate that Atiku can defeat easily so that power remains in the North.
The treatment given to MKO still linger in the memory of the southwesterners and recent event suggest you want to also play Tinubu despite the effort he played in APC primaries against Atiku and your eventual emergence as president. People should note that Tinubu was an opposition leader then and bringing down Jonathan govt is without apology but for APC to be considering Jonathan as APC candidate is one of the wonders of the 21st century. Why allow aspirants to be touring various states canvassing for delegates when you already know they are going nowhere? Why not allow for primaries so that the best candidate will emerge? Why trying to foist an unpopular candidate on your party and expect unity in the party? Even if you have a preferred candidate, why not pick your deputy, or Amaechi or Umahi? These are tested politicians that can bring a rapid turnaround in Nigeria. These set of leaders are decisive, brave, sound, and good thinker who also have human feelings. People are watching what the north is working towards but if the north thinks they are smart by using divide and rule against the south, they should not forget that future alliance is been threatened and the south will never trust them again.

You are an emotional person, politics and emotions are parallel.
Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Bakinwuta(f): 9:03am On May 28, 2022
badoh:

You should becareful with this generalization and the word North or Northern .Stick to individual name calling like such as Buhari.

Right now the SW have significant support amongst northeners. When you begin to beat the drums of sinister moves or accusing everyone up north of being part of something they have no interest in , you may just be acting as someone betraying or destroying the bridges built.

Nobody markets both BAT and PYO as northerners do. Simply because some political players have there own agenda to choose, it does not make that an entire north agenda . Don't do things that will deprive the SW of the support, friends and ally they already have won on the other side.

For me and many more loyalty to good friends and allies is important above all. One good favor deserves another good favor is a thing. If you keep up with this wrong attitude. Breeding animosity where none exist, people may feel you have some kinda bottled up anger in return. It's best to keep your campaigns and support growing , stop all this Northern hidden agenda disinformation or speculations.

The SW is better positioned now than ever to take over. SW is doing fine with efforts on ground this name calling or treats and lies are unnecessary and will not help your candidates or there allies in the North. It's politics, about different people and diverse opinions. There are always divergent view or desire in everything. It's doesn't mean there opinion is popular or reflective of the wider group. Hence the reason calling out every Northerner or generalization is unhealthy.

If I may ask, why are you not calling out the Afenifere leaders who are openly campaigning against SW presidency and castigating BAT or PYO ? Is that the SW speaking ? Is it reflective of the entire SW view or agenda? Will it be safe to say the SW is against there own and in support of the SE. Just applying your your logic? Even when SW supported the north, you had people who did the opposite. As such going by your thinking the SW didn't support PMB or the north as well !

Let's stop all this silly wild goose chase to no where . There is nothing like a Northern agenda. It's nothing more than the political players acting in there interest. It's always about numbers and how much support you can win from all sides. Its not by black mail or propaganda. It is also true you can't win them all!

I maybe wrong but BAT and PYO are doing well so far and have good support in the north as I see it and know. Courtesy of the relationship they built over time across the Niger.

Make una no dey carry such bitter , strong mouth destroy that support that could give them victory. That's all am saying. Such misguided sentiments and cries are totally unnecessary.

The SW should let politicians play it out and remain focus. If anything they should close there ranks not to have Afenifere or Obj dashing there candidates hopes. They are most favored at the moment. Thanks to the path of bridge building they have taken since inception of democracy.

Lets stop all this North most be wrong or bad or vilified at all cost or even black mailed on this or that ! It won't help anyone or anything.

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Saintinoo(m): 9:05am On May 28, 2022
Dsalvo:

This is why the SW is the only region the North respects and know they must defer to.

Considering it is folks like you who will averagely make up the calibre of politicians from your region, is it any surprise you suck at politics with your leaders like Obi behaving like spoilt brats and stressed women on a 'heavy' time of the month? .

Contrast with how the average Yoruba talks here to note that it is not a mystery you lot suck at politics and why no one has regard for you.

Cry me a river bro, I repeat, Buhari will impose Jonathan, North, Southeast and South South will vote for him. Let's see Tinubu and Yoruba popularity, Tinubu better have some guts like Peter Obi and quickly decamp to SDP.

Yoruba must be on the ballot.

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Bakinwuta(f): 9:15am On May 28, 2022
Saintinoo:

Cry me a river bro, I repeat, Buhari will impose Jonathan, North, Southeast and South South will vote for him. Let's see Tinubu and Yoruba popularity, Tinubu better have some guts like Peter Obi and quickly decamp to SDP.

Yoruba must be on the ballot.

At the moment forget talk he can't if it's the PMB we know.

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by Amumaigwe: 9:26am On May 28, 2022
badoh:

Hehehehehe. Cry me an ocean.

If you mention southerners again, thunder will fire you.

This is a family issue between a slave and her slave master. Sort it out with equanimity.

Mcheew

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by amuwo1980: 9:29am On May 28, 2022
PoliteActivist:
Southwest? Aren't you forgetting it is Southeast turn to produce president?
The people are inhuman and my greatest joy this year will be thiefniubu losing the APC ticket .

1 Like

Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:30am On May 28, 2022
Dsalvo:

Tinubu is yet to win any election since 2003.He is an overated politician.

He has never won outside his SW region
Re: Can Southwest Ever Trust North Anymore? by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:32am On May 28, 2022
Dsalvo:

The North respects the SW grin grin grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1920's Vintage Photos Of Alaigbo / Presidential Election Pie Chart / See How Nigerians Celebrated BAT On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.