Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,052 members, 7,821,626 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Which Php Framework Do You Use? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Php Framework Do You Use? (2834 Views)

Best PHP Framework For Application Development? / Which Php Framework Will You Recomend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Php Framework Do You Use? by binkabir(m): 10:44am On Jul 17, 2011
Here is a list of top 10 php framework
which are you familiar with
1 Yii
2 CodeIgniter
3 CakePHP
4 Zend
5 Symfony
6 PHPDevShell
7 Prado
9 QPHP
10 ZooP
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Nobody: 10:45am On Jul 17, 2011
Number 4
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by binkabir(m): 11:03am On Jul 17, 2011
pc guru:

Number 4
interesting Zend !!!!
i'm thinking the topic should be a poll, how do i go about it??
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 17, 2011
Yep i tried CakePHP,Codeigniter always threw myself outta of the thirdmidland bridge, however some think that's its because of the previous contact with CakePHP and Codeigniter that i got more comfortable with Zend. can't say. yes pls add a poll
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by binkabir(m): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2011
pc guru:

Yep i tried CakePHP,Codeigniter always threw myself outta of the thirdmidland bridge, however some think that's its because of the previous contact with CakePHP and Codeigniter that i got more comfortable with Zend. can't say. yes pls add a poll
i agree with you about Zend FW.
but i left Zend 2 years back and im using Yii now. why?? because of rapid development and yii chose jquery as it's javascript FW.
in YII i can do this a db table as an Active Record Model class

//define my class to extend CActiveRecord (Yii builtin class for ARs)
class users extend CActiveRecord{
}
usage
$user = new users();
$user->attributes = $_POST['user-form'];
$user->save();

what i have done in the above code is to collect a user form that is filled and insert it into a table called users

i mean Yii is just crazy in OOP

pls how do i make it a poll?? thanks
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jul 17, 2011
well thats a nice feature,the reason i kinda prefer Zend is because it's integrated with the Dojo toolkit which happens to be my fav toolkit.
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by binkabir(m): 2:04pm On Jul 17, 2011
i love Dojo too it even the first js lib that i used  but i only have 1 issue with it: it doesn't have a extensive library of animations like jquery.

moreover Yii FW is not hard coded with jquery, jquery is just it prefered js lib. one can use any js lib like prototype,dojo,mootools on Yii.
its all about choice.
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 17, 2011
shocked I think Dojo Animation is much advanced and indept than Jquery,because jquery gets u confused in the chaining, but with dojo,you create each animation like a timeline then combine them and play that well,thats a cretain precedence as to which animation runs first.
dojo.require("dojo.fx"wink;
dojo.addOnLoad(function(){
// create two animations
var anim1 = dojo.fadeOut({ node: "someId" });
var anim2 = dojo.fadeOut({ node: "someOtherId" });
// and play them at the same moment
dojo.fx.combine([anim1, anim2]).play();
});

that's an example from their website,the only issue i have is that documentation don't explain all,at times i have to read their source code which is something i'd rather jump into lagoon than read,jquery alright, its straight forward,i use both but larger projects i use Dojo.
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by binkabir(m): 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2011
it saw not long when dojo started animation because i could recall that i posted a new feature request in dojo in early 2009 about animation and that is the reason i hibernated my dojo earlying curve.

pc guru:

shocked I think Dojo Animation is much advanced and indept than Jquery,because jquery gets u confused in the chaining, but with dojo,you create each animation like a timeline then combine them and play that well,thats a cretain precedence as to which animation runs first.
that's an example from their website,the only issue i have is that documentation don't explain all,at times i have to read their source code which is something i'd rather jump into lagoon than read,jquery alright, its straight forward,i use both but larger projects i use Dojo.

it seems that in NL programming section only a few use PHP and 99% use java. 
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Fayimora(m): 1:42pm On Jul 18, 2011
binkabir:

it seems that in NL programming section only a few use PHP and 99% use java. 
who develops software with php?? lol When it comes to web programming i think most people say 98%use php which is sad
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by kodewrita(m): 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2011
my slow brain loves Codeigniter.

Love the fact that its like a skeleton and I can hook and filter to my hearts content.

When more firepower is needed,
we drag in some Zend Cannons to blast away ze problem. (Thanks Zend Lucene etc).

In my more lazier days angry cry I tried Prado but felt it was too much like Java. Objects everywia.

Yii and the rest nope.

Dont know if you have heard about the Green Framework (PHP) but I actually stole the Observer library there. wink so so cool.
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 19, 2011
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by joefazee(m): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2011
i`m used Codeigniter for http://matrixsms.net (though some Python code running at the background) and some real big intranet app but i`m planning to use Yii for my next project, codeigniter is fast and flexible but the PHP 4 support bring about loading classes you don`t use. if you need something simple like CI, check Kohana or FuelPHP http://fuelphp.com/ (Require PHP 5.3).

Zend naming pattern is scaring and very hard to memorize but you can copy some of the classes from Zend and use with other framework, i love the Access control class in Zend and i ported it to Codeigniter. just play around, framework is just group of classes, i mix it to do my job. Nothing special about any framework, no politic
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 19, 2011
@joefazee its true u can easily forget Zend names,which is why i use Aptana Studio its list the whole Zend Namesapce when you begin a class constructor
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Ymodulus: 6:17am On Jul 20, 2011
Well on my view YII framework is d best and prado framework as been re-written to YII. Yii allows other framework to b added like zend etcc. Zend does not allow dis. Also yii is extremely faster wit less code. YII community and documentation is superb. In my view ZEND is just a big name backed by big wigs and code igniter i cant say cuz i just heard of it. Prado has be rewritten to YII.
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Ymodulus: 6:18am On Jul 20, 2011
Well on my view YII framework is d best and prado framework as been re-written to YII. Yii allows other framework to b added like zend etcc. Zend does not allow dis. Also yii is extremely faster wit less code. YII community and documentation is superb. In my view ZEND is just a big name backed by big wigs and code igniter i cant say cuz i just heard of it. Prado has be rewritten to YII.
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Fayimora(m): 6:31am On Jul 20, 2011
omo_to_dun:

Yet your website(at least, the forum) and this one were fully coded in PHP. What an irony.

Lol ma ma whole website is using php as its server side scripting language(gonna re-implement in rails wen am less busy),  But when i say software i mean Desktop software and not petty apps like ma site cheesy
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 20, 2011
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Fayimora(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2011
hmm ok, what do you use for small and large scale web apps? php?
Re: Which Php Framework Do You Use? by Nobody: 9:09am On Jul 20, 2011
wait Zend works with other frameworks after all Zend is not dependent on other modules,i have switched Joomla Database class with just the Zend Database Class and since each module don't rely on other modules except the cor Zend files which are minimal,but u can use the Zend_Db with using the Singleton method that way it only needs Zend_Db constructor rather than the Factory method.

(1) (Reply)

Post Your Programming Projects Ideas Here / Compiler Construction: Design A Scanner / Hints Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.