Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth (1031 Views)

Two Sides Of A Coin... / Dotted Lines ... / How To Speak And Write English With Good Diction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by Iwerebor(m): 7:04pm On Aug 09, 2007
Poetry is not unlike a painting, sometimes people see more than the author has in mind.
As a poet, I sought after themes in my early writings, later on it progressed to more complex weaving of images using words that have some form of ambiguity and vagueness. Nothing absolutely defined.
Have you ever had a line float into your head and you felt you could use it more powerfully? ever created a powerful rhyme but can't seem to find flesh immediately for it's skeletal form?
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by Iwerebor(m): 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2007
Here's an example of such a line:

With one click
They complete the trick!

I absolutely don't know what this line mean yet I am the inspirator/creator. I believe it will reveal itself at a future date.
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by tpia: 1:17am On Aug 16, 2007
yahoo boys, aka 419?

sorry, i couldnt resist!
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by k0be: 7:33am On Aug 16, 2007
lmao u are a cracker.
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by Iwerebor(m): 9:20am On Aug 16, 2007
tpia:
I can see a connection there.

Here's another one:
"Of no fixed address
Always conscious of arrest"

Have a go at this.
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by tpia: 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2007
grin cheesy grin

dodging immigration?

couldnt resist that one either!

no offence to anyone- i always feel pain for anybody in this situation. Seriously.

could also be an escaped felon, as described by a bounty hunter.
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by Iwerebor(m): 4:41pm On Aug 16, 2007
dodging immigration?

couldnt resist that one either!

no offence to anyone- i always feel pain for anybody in this situation. Seriously.

could also be an escaped felon, as described by a bounty hunter.

Good. Applies mostly to those who think the law is a nuisance.
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by k0be: 7:49pm On Aug 16, 2007
"Going around the bend
A tragedy was acquired"
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by Iwerebor(m): 8:36pm On Aug 16, 2007
"Going around the bend
A tragedy was acquired"
The imagery here is that of a crash. Does this have a "hypocritic" meaning?
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by k0be: 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2007
slut/gay sleeping around catches aids grin
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by tpia: 11:55pm On Aug 16, 2007
also sounds like someone going off the deep end ( crazy).
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by k0be: 12:01am On Aug 17, 2007
Thanks grin.

"man on fire
heightened awareness
sorrowful tears, shed the people"
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by tpia: 5:13am On Aug 17, 2007
a prophet, visionary or revolutionary who opens people's eyes and makes them see reality in a whole new light.

like fela.

a radical.
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by Iwerebor(m): 9:47am On Aug 17, 2007
k0be:

Thanks grin.

"man on fire
heightened awareness
Sounds like a man consumed by some passion. An inspiration to his people.Tragedy has befallen him and the people are grieving. They have lost an asset.
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by Iwerebor(m): 9:54am On Aug 17, 2007
What is this one saying?
[center]"My vision is clouded
It's must be rainy season in my head"[/center]

cry
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by k0be: 12:49pm On Aug 17, 2007
k0be:

Thanks grin.

"man on fire
heightened awareness
like a seung-hui, cho shooting up a school to put people in horror
or terorism like 9/11
or the oklahoma city bombing.
in short deranged man on a shooting spree
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by Iwerebor(m): 1:51pm On Aug 17, 2007
k0be:

like a seung-hui, cho shooting up a school to put people in horror
or terorism like 9/11
or the oklahoma city bombing.
in short deranged man on a shooting spree

"Man firing" is more like it.
"Man on fire" portrays the picture of a man being consumed by passion or a strong emotion. Fire burns and releases a lot of energy.
Can't see how a deranged man on a shooting spree can be said to be "on fire".At least not from his gun.
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by tpia: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2007
Iwerebor:

What is this one saying?
[center]"My vision is clouded
It's must be rainy season in my head"[/center]

cry

speaks of turmoil, depression.

crying.
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by k0be: 9:33pm On Aug 17, 2007
iwerebor how bout suicide bombers
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by Iwerebor(m): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2007
k0be:

iwerebor how bout suicide bombers
Maybe kobe. That's a phenomenon I hear of only from a distance.
Re: Hypocritic Lines: Poetry Lines That Speak From Both Sides Of The Mouth by Iwerebor(m): 11:22am On Aug 20, 2007
tpia:

speaks of turmoil, depression.

crying.
Good.

(1) (Reply)

Chukovsky / Amazon.com Is Selling More E-books Than Other Books / I Am A Male-feminist!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.