Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,812 members, 7,851,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:31 AM

Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance (45612 Views)

PDP Crisis: Atiku Sends Adamawa Gov To Wike, Meeting Deadlocked / Secondus: PDP Governors’ Meeting Deadlocked / Peter Obi: South East Governors, Leaders Meeting Deadlocked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Anyiamaka: 9:23pm On May 31, 2022
Corporate2020:
I think this guy has mental disorders.

He solicited reciprocal support from the governors, if he is not mentally unstable, then he will know that the only reciprocal support should be to support Tinubu who helped him (Buhari) to become President after three woeful failed attempt. Anything less than that is not recipocal. He should go and meet the Almajari that told him to use that word to teach him another word to use.

Mind you, we have Plan-B and Plan-C, and we have not hidden that fact. We are ready to fight dirty, and we mean it.

Tinubu was instrumental. But it was not Tinubu that made Buhari the president. Let nobody decieve anybody. Tinubu supported Atiku in 2007, Ribadu in 2011 how far? Ribadu won only in Osun state. Hahaha. Umaru dealt Atiku a devastating blow in 2007. One man alone should not take the credit of many labourers. The NPdP and ApGA were all there in 2015 and Jonathan's failed presidency made the task easier.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by gudugudumeje: 9:24pm On May 31, 2022
CLUELESS Buhari... Rubber-stamp nominee of his - who will be deem not worth than the disaster he has always been in the last 7years and thereby fail to attract votes to win... APC in looming disasters!
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 31, 2022
[quote author=ANIOMADEI2018 post=113353447][/quote]

I have facts...
- if your read that article... its was doctors strike, the Govt approved 50% increase, they insisted on 100%.. willing doctors and student doctors were drafted to fill in the gap while the issue was being resolved.

- Peter Obi tarred over 800km of roads in Anambra with maintenance contract for them. 800km of road has the length of Lagos - Kano approx.. which is the reason he received the best road network award in Nigeria.. go and verify..

Vote right, Vote Labour, Vote peter Obi..

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by lagosrd: 9:27pm On May 31, 2022
HomoSapiien:
Buhari’s candidate is also likely to fail in the general election VS Atiku, As Nigerians will perceive such individual as a rubber stamped candidate who would continue the disaster the Buhari government brought on Nigerians.

Who is not a disaster in APC including all their presidential aspirants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Buckeyemedia1: 9:31pm On May 31, 2022
gudugudumeje:
CLUELESS Buhari... Rubber-stamp nominee of his - who will be deem not worth than the disaster he has always been in the last 7years and thereby fail to attract votes to win... APC in looming disasters!
Don’t cry Yemi Osinbajo Tinubu’s choice in 2014, is our man.
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by ceeceeco: 9:33pm On May 31, 2022
Corporate2020:

But Judas Osinbajo is still not yet sensible enough to step down for his godfather. Maybe he is waiting till the die minutes. Maybe it is even a game plan by the master strategist Jagaban Borgu
I'd rather have Tinubu step down for Osinbajo than have Osinbajo step down for Tinubu. The likes of Tinubu & Atiku should go & rest & enjoy their wealth in peace. You can imagine that Atiku Abubakar has been vying for the presidency since 1992. My question is; why are these set of people so desperate for power? What do they want to achieve? What's their aim? What's their plan? May God have mercy on these greedy & selfish old men.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Buckeyemedia1: 9:33pm On May 31, 2022
Esseite:

I have facts...
- if your read that article... its was doctors strike, the Govt approved 50% increase, they insisted on 100%.. willing doctors and student doctors were drafted to fill in the gap while the issue was being resolved.

- Peter Obi tarred over 800km of roads in Anambra with maintenance contract for them. 800km of road has the length of Lagos - Kano approx.. which is the reason he received the best road network award in Nigeria.. go and verify..

Vote right, Vote Labour, Vote peter Obi..
800 km of roads in Anambra, how does that concern us in Delta & Lagos State?
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by wiseoneking: 9:36pm On May 31, 2022
OkoroBufo:
Tinubu is the next President of Nigeria. Ipob pigs can jump in the lagoon.

-Okoro bufo
we will see. I have noted you.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by PS712: 9:46pm On May 31, 2022
Truthisunique2:
I just laugh

Buhari doesn't need una recommendation, he has tactically shifted the debate from how to go about the "primaries" to who should be the consensus candidate

He already has a candidate since 20bc, he would allow you rumble and then tell you his choice
Seems he's going north east (Lawan)
VP south south (Dan Amanan Daura)
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Iamfavored: 9:46pm On May 31, 2022
ceeceeco:
I'd rather have Tinubu step down for Osinbajo than have Osinbajo step down for Tinubu. The likes of Tinubu & Atiku should go & rest & enjoy their wealth in peace. You can imagine that Atiku Abubakar has been vying for the presidency since 1992. My question is; why are these set of people so desperate for power? What do they want to achieve? What's their aim? What's their plan? May God have mercy on these greedy & selfish old men.
1992?
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Moseshasss: 9:47pm On May 31, 2022
I asked a Northerner who is your candidatenext year's election he said ATIKU... I went further to say what if APC fill in LAWAL.. he said he is still going for ATIKU.

I asked why Lawal....He said after Buhari is ATIKU for him.....Buhari era is gone......he can't dictate to them again..they know who to vote for....

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Nobody: 9:48pm On May 31, 2022
Buckeyemedia1:
800 km of roads in Anambra, how does that concern us in Delta & Lagos State?

Yes it does... it shows a leader that is willing, that has done it despite little, he can do more..

Vote right, vote Labour, Vote peter obi...

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Neyoosha007(m): 9:50pm On May 31, 2022
ceeceeco:
Iam just sick & tired of the northerners becoming president all the time. This is part of the reason some particular region of the country is seeking for referendum. A northerner was sensible enough to step down for his brother to win a presidential primary while the Southerners/easterners are hating on their brothers. The north are always smarter when it comes to politics. Indeed there was a country.
all this igbo people are full of deceit, jealousy,cluelessness, evil, indecision, honestly they just let them get their Biafra and get the Bleep offf

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by edungene7: 9:54pm On May 31, 2022
APC a confused party
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by InsideLove(f): 9:57pm On May 31, 2022
edosignature:
Display your names & details In Full if you want help & to be taken serious.

Please help. I know you can. I will appreciate any amount.
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by bonnyhope: 9:58pm On May 31, 2022
Truthisunique2:
I just laugh

Buhari doesn't need una recommendation, he has tactically shifted the debate from how to go about the "primaries" to who should be the consensus candidate

He already has a candidate since 20bc, he would allow you rumble and then tell you his choice

Gbam!!

It could be anybody

BAT, Amechi, PYO, anybody atall
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by fergie001: 10:07pm On May 31, 2022
SledgeHammerer:
There's nobody amongst the governors that has the name to defeat Atiku.
They want to try their luck nah

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by duwdu: 10:32pm On May 31, 2022
HomoSapiien:
Consensus isn’t going to happen. It is practically impossible for Buhari that’s not been active in leading the party all along to instantly want to lead it at this critical time.

All the Governors are looking to serve there own interest and this rigmarole discussion will continue until weekend when the election nigh with no resolution whatsoever.

Let’s continue to watch and see.

Very well said. Your head is correct, 'aswear.'

P34c3
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by MikeofAfrica: 10:43pm On May 31, 2022
leokid866:
APC cannot field a northern candidate, Atiku is the number one politician in the north outside Buhari and will floor any other northern candidate. However if Tinubu is backed by the Presidency they just might pull it off cause let's be honest no one in the south wants to vote another northerner for another eight years.
The problem is that Tinubu cannot defeat Atiku in SS, SE and NC. Hence once Atiku gets 50% of votes in NW and NE , the election is over. Hence Buhari will likely settle for a Lawan ticket.
However he must be regretting that APC allowed Kwankwaso to leave the party in 2018. A Kwankwanso/ Fayemi combination would have easily won the election for APC as it will secure their stronghold in NW/SW.
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by AbleAdla: 10:57pm On May 31, 2022
You are right! That's exactly what Buhari will do![qyuote author=Truthisunique2 post=113349545]I just laugh

He already has a candidate since 20bc, he would allow you rumble and then tell you his choice[/quote] you got it right! That's exactly what Buhari will do!
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by duwdu: 11:02pm On May 31, 2022
casualobserver:

If he wanted Tinubu, there would be no need for consensus. He clearly doesnt want Tinubu but he will not succeed because Tinubu wont step down. He will either allow a fair election or the party will implode. Tinubu cannot afford a consensus unless he is the consensus candidate because he will be finished politically. Remember how he was treated by the cabal? His joker is that they cannot force a consensus on him and only a fool with agree to his own execution. We want to eliminate you so please sign here so we can eliminate you...who does that?

i highly suspect his candidate is Amaechi.

I can relate to most of this; good thinking, @casualobserver.

However, I can't see how the last sentence could be... Even Buhari knows that Amaechi cannot be a winning flag bearer at this point in the life of their party.

But hey, we shall see.

[On another note, I'm just wondering why this Buhari guy has such an acute soft spot for/fears governors so much — literally speaking?

Governor's don't ever run to LGA chairmen to help them 'pick' successors. So, why would Buhari give up his own balls and start asking governor's to help him brainstorm for a successor if he really means to name a particular person?

Is this a further indicator of his inability to be decisive? Or his protracted tendencies to allow things fester?]

P34c3
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by ceeceeco: 11:14pm On May 31, 2022
Iamfavored:

1992?
Yes! 1992/1993. Campaign in 1992, election in 1993.
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by Ibr539: 11:25pm On May 31, 2022
Corporate2020:
I think this guy has mental disorders.

He solicited reciprocal support from the governors, if he is not mentally unstable, then he will know that the only reciprocal support should be to support Tinubu who helped him (Buhari) to become President after three woeful failed attempt. Anything less than that is not recipocal. He should go and meet the Almajari that told him to use that word to teach him another word to use.

Mind you, we have Plan-B and Plan-C, and we have not hidden that fact. We are ready to fight dirty, and we mean it.
we all know that plan B , Is to decamp to SDP hmmm wahala
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by duwdu: 11:32pm On May 31, 2022
Help2020:
Buhari and indecision self. After how many years he still can't pick somebody, shameful

I fully agree.

Or say you're not in favor of anyone. Just take a clear stand out of available options in good time so those managing policy and the day-to-day activities of your party can do a good job!

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by casualobserver: 11:38pm On May 31, 2022
duwdu:

I can relate to most of this; good thinking, @casualobserver.

However, I can't see how the last sentence could be... Even Buhari knows that Amaechi cannot be a winning flag bearer at this point in the life of their party.

But hey, we shall see.

[On another note, I'm just wondering why this Buhari guy has such an acute soft spot for/fears governors so much — literally speaking?

Governor's don't ever run to LGA chairmen to help them 'pick' successors. So, why would Buhari give up his own balls and start asking governor's to help him brainstorm for a successor if he really means to name a particular person?]

P34c3

I dont think Buhari is as comfortable with Osinbajo as appearances suggest. To begin with he has never formally handed power over to him again when out of the country ever since that period when he was sick and Vp did and undid. That to me says a lot. Secondly Osinbajo's supervision of certain key programs has been quietly taken away. Thirdly, I doubt he will snub Tinubu and then add insult to injury by anointing Osinbajo and expect there to be peace in APC. Like it or not religion matters, Buhari is a religious fundamentalist, Amaechi is a moderate Christian, VP is basically a proxy for RCCG, they are not moderate in their views, they have an agenda. If he cant handover to a muslim, he will prefer a moderate christian. Finally I think there is a hint from the fact that the cabal were looking to the SS for a successor, in their failed attempts..... Emeifiele and Jonathan are from the SS.

If it's not Tinubu and it's not osinbajo, it has to be Amaechi, the others dont tick enough boxes

Amaechi seems to be his golden boy, in charge of one of his key legacy infrastrutur projects. he was twice his campaign DG and no doubt aside from Fashola his best performing minister. Amaechi is everybody's friend, has no enemies in APC except Wike in PDP.
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by ArewaNorth: 11:44pm On May 31, 2022
triple996:
Buhari wants tinubu....it's obvious
No, he wsnts to impose PYO on us undecided
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by duwdu: 12:00am On Jun 01, 2022
casualobserver:

I dont think Buhari is as comfortable with Osinbajo as appearances suggest. To begin with he has never formally handed power over to him again when out of the country ever since that period when he was sick and Vp did and undid. That to me says a lot. Secondly Osinbajo's supervision of certain key programs has been quietly taken away. Thirdly, I doubt he will snub Tinubu and then add insult to injury by anointing Osinbajo and expect there to be peace in APC. Like it or not religion matters, Buhari is a religious fundamentalist, Amaechi is a moderate Christian, VP is basically a proxy for RCCG, they are not moderate in their views, they have an agenda. If he cant handover to a muslim, he will prefer a moderate christian. Finally I think there is a hint from the fact that the cabal were looking to the SS for a successor, in their failed attempts..... Emeifiele and Jonathan are from the SS.

If it's not Tinubu and it's not osinbajo, it has to be Amaechi, the others dont tick enough boxes

Amaechi seems to be his golden boy, in charge of one of his key legacy infrastrutur projects. he was twice his campaign DG and no doubt aside from Fashola his best performing minister. Amaechi is everybody's friend, has no enemies in APC except Wike in PDP.

I don't think Buhari thinks highly of PYO as his successor, either. Truth be told, if he openly endorses or subtly pushes the RCCG candidate, his fundamentalists base will never forgive him.

Again, the problem with Amaechi is that he can't win the presidency for the APC, and I don't think Buhari wants the party to lose just yet, no matter the gratitude he thinks he owes Amaechi and does not owe Tinubu, at least at this point.

I may be wrong, but I think Buhari may just not want the push for Tinubu to appear to come directly from him.

P34c3
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by poiZon: 12:21am On Jun 01, 2022
ChangetheChange:

grin grin grin
The North will always be North,
The have thrown the South under the bus again.
Atiku emergence as PDP Presidential Candidate has altered APC permutations,APC had hoped and prayed for a Wike's victory last Saturday, that didn't happen, they never wanted Atiku as PDP Presidential candidate, they will never risk fielding a Southerner against Atiku, it is political suicide for APC.
This is where Jonathan comes in...
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by poiZon: 12:24am On Jun 01, 2022
coputa:
The script is gradually playing out.The stage is set for a consesus candidate(the president choice) to fly the party flag. I Pity TINUBU,he has been used and dumped. Are the young generation learning.
The entire northern govrs will support whoever buhari projects.

The southern govrs from Imo, Ebonyi, Cross River will also supporr buhari so their files won't be opened for the public to see..

The SW can either push for a vague primaries that they won't win or they leave the party.
All in all, party must scatter insha Allah
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by poiZon: 12:25am On Jun 01, 2022
coputa:
The script is gradually playing out.The stage is set for a consesus candidate(the president choice) to fly the party flag. I Pity TINUBU,he has been used and dumped. Are the young generation learning.
Oga coputa, e tey o..

Chai i really miss that ur one sure B... R back then
Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by abiodunalabama: 1:04am On Jun 01, 2022
helinues:

But it happened before the Apc convention. Were you the one in charge then?
U don’t compare chosen chairman with presidential candidate most especially when Tinubu and Vp involved

1 Like

Re: Presidential Candidate: APC Governors Meeting Deadlocked After Buhari’s Stance by jaxxy(m): 2:31am On Jun 01, 2022
HomoSapiien:
Buhari’s candidate is also likely to fail in the general election VS Atiku, As Nigerians will perceive such individual as a rubber stamped candidate who would continue the disaster the Buhari government brought on Nigerians.

Yemi osibanjo is good to go and maybe Ameachi or Jonathan or a Northerner at worst case.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Things To Know About Prince Abubakar Audu (oct. 1947 – Nov. 2015) / Peter Obi Supporters Unveil Labour Party In Ile Ife, Osun State (Photos) / Nigerians Can Now Buy And Sell Electricity (2 MW Minimum) - Fashola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.