Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:54 AM

Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary (25350 Views)

Nasarawa LP Gubernatorial Candidate Steps Down, Backs PDP / Bala Mohammed Wins Bauchi PDP Guber Primary Election / Bauchi: PDP Wins Tafawa Balewa State Assembly Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by MrUchenna1(m): 7:52am On Jun 01, 2022
ball less being confirmed
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by RigidB9ss: 7:54am On Jun 01, 2022
There is need for him to step out, so that his master who lost in the presidential race can step in.
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by 3seriez(m): 8:07am On Jun 01, 2022
See finish. The electoral act needs to be amended to avoid such future occurrences.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Snapchat: 8:16am On Jun 01, 2022
Esseite:

The bad precedent we set today just because we are on the dinning table would hunt us tomorrow when the tables are turned.. No one has an issue with any aspirant switching parties, we were not born into parties. But holding down political positions for selfish gains at the detriment of everyone is a bad precedent being set.

Vote right, vote Labour, vote Peter Obi..

The game is the game bro. If you do not have an issue with switching political parties at will, that’s never done in a working system, you shouldn’t have a problem with holding down a political post for someone; after all it’s not actually ‘illegal’. Both are morally and equally wrong. Say it as it is.
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Ambassadors: 8:19am On Jun 01, 2022
Prettychild:

Learn to always argue you with valid points in order to sell your candidate. If you keep with the insult, you are not projecting a good image of your candidate
Bros are we not tired of these failed politicians that loot the treasury and build themselves safe haven abroad. Wehn things get out of control they will flee nigeria and leave you and i here. We have to get it right this time by electing people with proven records & vision to make this country a better place for our children. As for me if we dont get it right this time voting for people like Peter Obi then i will say nigeria may be irredeemable. I dont need to tell you my next move.
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by izubext007: 8:19am On Jun 01, 2022
Like Tinubu
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by pharmagba: 8:19am On Jun 01, 2022
God1000:
Maybe he saw unavoidable defeat
No he is Bala Mohammed stooge.
We've seen this before when Okorocha contested for the president only for his stooge to step down for him to return.

Bala Mohammed to pick the ticket
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Nobody: 8:29am On Jun 01, 2022
Snapchat:

The game is the game bro. If you do not have an issue with switching political parties at will, that’s never done in a working system, you shouldn’t have a problem with holding down a political post for someone; after all it’s not actually ‘illegal’. Both are morally and equally wrong. Say it as it is.

Where is the NPN, NADECO, CPC, CNC, ACN, ANPP of yesterday... tomorrow the PDP, APC, LP of today would likely toe same line. We are not like countries that practice a 3 party system across generations.. switching of parties is inevitable..

Vote right, Vote Labour, Vote Peter Obi...
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Holorunloseyi(m): 8:36am On Jun 01, 2022
He step down so the Governor who lost in the Presidential race can run for the post
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Mamijoh(f): 8:46am On Jun 01, 2022
Mumusaphire:
How true is this
Its true my dear. I'm base in Bauchi
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by aje55393: 8:51am On Jun 01, 2022
Arrangee! Arrangee! ...
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by godofuck231: 8:56am On Jun 01, 2022
The second runner up takes the spot na , which reelection
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Ramzyranks: 8:59am On Jun 01, 2022
I fear who no fear nigerian politician. Abeg as you dey collect that salary remove a certain percentage and drop it in a savings platform. I use Fairsave for mine because they give me daily interest and everything is always easy to use and withdraw
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by sterlingD(m): 9:23am On Jun 01, 2022
A school of thought pointed that this will happen long before the primaries.
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by darelar(m): 9:33am On Jun 01, 2022
So the real owner is back. This guy will be compensated with Deputy.
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by mastermaestro(m): 9:37am On Jun 01, 2022
godofuck231:

Go back and read again. He was the sole contestant. Politicians na ya mate.

Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by auwalyau: 9:47am On Jun 01, 2022
Exactly, as planned even before the primaries.
Salvador1:
Paving way for Bala to retain his seat.

We all know about it.
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by auwalyau: 9:48am On Jun 01, 2022
Court case might follow, even though the Kogi example of second runner - up did not fly with the courts of law.
godofuck231:
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by auwalyau: 9:52am On Jun 01, 2022
How is it possible?

This can only happen with the help of the candidate holding the ticket.

Section 31 of the Electoral Act 2022 as amended states that a candidate can withdraw and the party can replace him with another candidate.

The section reads: “A candidate may withdraw his or her candidature by notice in writing signed by themselves and delivered personally by the candidate of the political party that nominated him for the election and the political party shall convey such withdrawal to the commission not later than 90 days to the election.”

Section 33 of the Electoral Act then provides for how such a candidate should be replaced.

“A political party shall not be allowed to change or substitute a candidate whose name has been submitted under section 29 of this Act except in the case of death or withdrawal of a candidate.

“Provided in the case of withdrawal or death of candidates, the political party affected shall, within 14 days of the occurrence of the event, hold a fresh primary election to produce and submit to the commission for the election concerns.”
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Prettychild(f): 10:13am On Jun 01, 2022
Ambassadors:
Bros are we not tired of these failed politicians that loot the treasury and build themselves safe haven abroad. Wehn things get out of control they will flee nigeria and leave you and i here. We have to get it right this time by electing people with proven records & vision to make this country a better place for our children. As for me if we dont get it right this time voting for people like Peter Obi then i will say nigeria may be irredeemable. I dont need to tell you my next move.
I am not for or against any politician but what I am saying is that whenever you want to project any politician, never insult the person who made any comment against your candidate because it’s a turn off, it will not make others see reasons to support your candidate
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by poiZon: 10:14am On Jun 01, 2022
Esseite:

Peter Obi switching party is not an offence neither was he denying any candidate from aspiring. Infact he lost N40m to the ordeal, He left before the primaries aswell and held no elective position in the party prior to then. Bala held down an elective position while aspiring for another. Before one can do that, it means he made his deputy the only aspirant so there would be no runner up and another Guber primaries would be conducted...

Where is the democracy in that?....it has worked, Tambuwal has copied it, Bala has joined, Tomorrow it becomes a norm and gradually party primaries are thrown out the window... how long can we continue to retrogress?..

Vote right, vote Labour, Vote Peter Obi....
Oga it didn't start today.
Kwankwaso was one of the candidates for president in 2015,he lost and we saw him win the senatorial election.
Saraki too contested the president too in 2019,he also contested senatorial seat and lost both.

Soon u will see ben ayade on the Senate ballot cos after he loses his man that is holding the ticket for him will step down, the made sure the other candidate didnt have any vote. So the party will definitely conduct a fresh senate primaries.
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Prettychild(f): 10:15am On Jun 01, 2022
ObosiUkwalla:

And who told you I am projecting any politician here??
It’s simple Oga, don’t be insultive while projecting a candidate because it becomes a turn off to a lot of people
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Nobody: 10:22am On Jun 01, 2022
poiZon:

Oga it didn't start today.
Kwankwaso was one of the candidates for president in 2015,he lost and we saw him win the senatorial election.
Saraki too contested the president too in 2019,he also contested senatorial seat and lost both.

Soon u will see ben ayade on the Senate ballot cos after he loses his man that is holding the ticket for him will step down, the made sure the other candidate didnt have any vote. So the party will definitely conduct a fresh senate primaries.

Exactly... various house of assemblies have seen this loopholes and refused to close because we dont have willing leaders to push for it because favours them most.

Lets vote right, vote Labour, vote peter Obi...
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by poiZon: 10:26am On Jun 01, 2022
Esseite:

Exactly... various house of assemblies have seen this loopholes and refused to close because we dont have willing leaders to push for it because favours them most.

Lets vote right, vote Labour, vote peter Obi...
Nigeria is a jungle where anything goes..

It will take serious uprising for this country to change. For now we dey pray make we follow join the party even if na as gateman

1 Like

Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by KingsDigital88: 10:58am On Jun 01, 2022
He is the next Governor of bauchi state, in politics loyalty begets reward, come 2027 he is the governor of bauchi.

Wisdom will not kill the man. And that is what is required in leadership
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by ufuosman(m): 11:14am On Jun 01, 2022
Na plan work
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by godofuck231: 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
auwalyau:
Court case might follow, even though the Kogi example of second runner - up did not fly with the courts of law.
the primary election monitored by INEC stands , the mandate by the party belongs to the second runner up no gimmicks
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by godofuck231: 1:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
mastermaestro:

Go back and read again. He was the sole contestant. Politicians na ya mate.
oh I no see that one , lol

1 Like

Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Miracle2020: 4:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
What rubbish is this? INEC Should not take this rubbish.
Re: Bauchi PDP Guber Candidate Steps Down, Party To Hold Another Primary by Miracle2020: 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
If Inec still go back there to monitor another useless election,then I will know that Nigeria is finished.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Boko Haram Now Has An Army" - Niger Republic Warns / Construction Of Maternity Ward By Aisha Buhari In Daura Ongoing (Photos) / Remi Tinubu: Is Lagos Ready For A Female Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.