Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,922 members, 7,814,102 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:50 AM

Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos (78974 Views)

Photos Of The New Uyo-Ikot Ekpene Road: Akwa Ibom & Good Roads Na 5&6 / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Woman Crashes Her Toyota Land Cruiser On Lagos Bridge, Blocks Half Of Road. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 11:27pm On May 31, 2022
Akwa Ibom and Europe standard of Road na 5&6 .. photos .. Udom Emmanuel may your days be long ..

Akwa Ibom and building sexy road inside the village and J. Berger finishing work na 5&6
Etinan LGA pictures.

https://twitter.com/victoremah/status/1531537607380938752?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

117 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 11:30pm On May 31, 2022
I dont remember seeing anything like this during Tinubu's tenure.

Good paved Roads right to your doorsteps are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens. Roads automatically bring physical development and economic activities to any location.

Steady Power supply is next on the priority list.

431 Likes 30 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 11:33pm On May 31, 2022
otipoju:

Good paved Roads are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens.

Power is next on the priority list.
your so right bro

218 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Lordbinsmar: 11:42pm On May 31, 2022
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 11:51pm On May 31, 2022
More from African facts https://twitter.com/africafactszone/status/1531733793207463936?s=21&t=TVnNUuCFCsu5-qP_dspbsA

A village called Etinan in Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria.

Akwa Ibom State is the cleanest state in Nigeria.

Mynd44, Lalasticlala front page

For all your plan visit to Akwa Ibom State, kindly book a tour via https://www.facebook.com/dmensontour/ for fun places in Akwa Ibom

94 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 11:53pm On May 31, 2022
More from Africa facts …

For all your plan visit to Akwa Ibom State, kindly book a tour via https://www.facebook.com/dmensontour/ for fun places in Akwa Ibom

5 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 12:08am On Jun 01, 2022

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by iyapont: 12:10am On Jun 01, 2022
The green environment I love it tongue

148 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Nonybb: 12:10am On Jun 01, 2022
And Lagos is still a slum

173 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by saintjimos(m): 12:14am On Jun 01, 2022
Happy new month brothers and the other gender that betrayed mankind

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 12:18am On Jun 01, 2022
iyapont:
The green environment I love it tongue
kindly come and visit Akwa ibom ..

18 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by iyapont: 12:20am On Jun 01, 2022
Ilaumoh:
kindly come and visit Akwa ibom ..
I visited 2018 tho

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 12:50am On Jun 01, 2022

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by chigator2: 12:54am On Jun 01, 2022
Nice

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Throwback: 12:58am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Good paved Roads are the bare minimum that government should provide for its citizens.

You are obviously speaking out of ignorance.

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure.

He started the cobble stone roads allover Victoria Island in a road resurfacing drive, to help cater to the beach soil condition in that area. I remember Akin Adesola Str, Adeola Odeku Str, Ajose Adeogun Str as some of those touched. I remember how marveled I was at the quality of the job done while internship hunting in 2007.

On the mainland, he also revamped Oba Akran Road in Ikeja which was my daily route to school in the early 2000's, Oregun Road (Kudirat Abiola), Ijeshatedo Road in Surulere where I sat for my JAMB UME in the early 2000's also, are some of the many roads that featured in his achievements leading to re-election in 2003.

Funny you should mention Power as a priority.

Guess who tried to overdo himself to ensure there was private power generation in Lagos when others still waited on the federal government?

It was Tinubu who had that foresight and engaged Enron to come into Nigeria to develop Power generation for Lagos State, but the Obasanjo/PDP led federal government would not allow an opposition party Governor ridicule the federal government by succeeding where they had every intention to fail. So they frustrated the initiative.

Tinubu had many firsts that went beyond roads and power, but also simple governance initiatives like returning all missionary schools siezed by the 1979 to 1983 class of democratic state governments and better manage the true public schools, to initiatives and ideas about State vs Federal Government power separation.

Lagos State under Tinubu became the template to be copied by other states who needed to setup State agencies to better deliver and manage public service to the citizenry.

All the mentioned and more are the reasons why I wholly believe that Nigeria should give the city boy a chance to lead Nigeria.

189 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 1:14am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

I remember seeing roads like this during Tinubu's tenure

Built by Tinubu. Oya name them.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Throwback: 2:22am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Built by Tinubu. Oya name them.

When you say built, you need to remember that Lagos is both a state and a city. It is a megalopolis and cannot be compared to states that need to connect their different villages together.

Tell me the part of Lagos that needs such a long stretch of newly built road without any sign of human existence along the stretch?

What a megalopolis Lagos needs is maintenance and expansion for the existing roads as was done for Lekki-Epe expressway, and new bridges and flyovers to ease bottlenecks and cut down travel time, and such were done in Tinubu's regime also.

Inner access roads including those that were never previously tarred continue to get attention from all the previous governors of Lagos, including Tinubu.

88 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Ilaumoh(m): 2:36am On Jun 01, 2022
chigator2:
Nice
yes oo
Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 2:38am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

When you say built, you need to remember that Lagos is both a state and a city. It is a megalopolis and cannot be compared to states that need to connect their different villages together.

Tell me the part of Lagos that needs such a long stretch of newly built road without any sign of human existence along the stretch?

What a megalopolis Lagos needs is maintenance and expansion for the existing roads as was done for Lekki-Epe expressway, and new bridges and flyovers to ease bottlenecks and cut down travel time, and such were done in Tinubu's regime also.

Inner access roads including those that were never previously tarred continue to get attention from all the previous governors of Lagos, including Tinubu.

You cant name just one.

Who told you that there are not long stretches of road in Lagos. That is why we laugh when you guys hype the unhypeable.

I live in USA. The roads are tarred to your doorstep. I mean to your very doorstep. You can drive interstate for 20 hours in any direction without seeing one pot hole not to talk of bad road.

Every street in Lagos ought to be tarred. Apart from that there are thousands of untarred major roads in Lagos. Go around your state bro. Lagos is not just mainland LGA and Island.

When Ameachi called Lagos a glorified slum you think he did not know what he was saying?

I was once on the Tinubu/ Lagos is the greatest hype train until i went to other states and travelled out. I became depressed for a while just knowing our lives were substandard. Its not about having money.

The last time i was in Lagos during Ambodes era everywhere was smelling because of refuse dumping on every street corner.

Me i will ust advise you leave all these old thieves and stop defending them and focus on your life and that of your children to give them a better future.

They themselves know that is why they dont let thier children live in Nigeria but bring them abroad for a better quality of life while they come in and out every weekend or month.

173 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by Throwback: 2:55am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

You cant name just one.

Who told you that there are not long stretches of road in Lagos. That is why we laugh when you guys hype the unhypeable.

I live in USA. The roads are tarred to your doorstep. I mean to your very doorstep. You can drive interstate for 20 hours without seeing one pot hole not to talk of bad road.

Every street in Lagos ought to be tarred. Apart from that there are thousands of untarred major roads in Lagos. Go around your state bro. Lagos is not just mainland LGA and Island.

When Ameachi called Lagos a glorified slum you think he did not know what he was saying?

I was once on the Tinubu/ Lagos is the greatest hype train until i went to other states and travelled out. I became depressed for a while just knowing our lives were substandard. Its not about having money.

The last time i was in Lagos during Ambodes era everywhere was smelling because of refuse dumping on every street corner.

Me i will ust advise you leave all these old thieves and stop defending them and focus on your life and that of your children to give them a better future.

They themselves know that is why they dont let thier children live in Nigeria but bring them abroad for a better quality of life while they come in and out every weekend or month.

I have told you many roads that were expanded and revamped during the regime of Tinubu, and those are just roads on which I had personal experiences. I am not a government agent to reel out the roll call of roads that were done in areas you would have preferred.

Good you mentioned Ambode and refuse, as waste management was one of the decisions he took that alienated him from the local politics that eventually saw him losing the support of the grassroots politicians that would have aided his return for a 2nd term.

I have been to other states and cities in Nigeria. I don't currently live in Lagos, but I do not see anything better in the very urban city I currently reside that is better than Lagos.

Everyone knows that every street is not tarred in Lagos or any other state in Nigeria.

I am only saying that you cannot use a yardstick of long expressway that is being recently achieved by a previously arid state in Nigeria to compare to a megalopolis Lagos that has already achieved such road networks decades ago.

If another arid state in Nigeria begin to implement such infrastructure as this one in Akwa-Ibom decades from now, would you then berate Akwa-Ibom government for not having a comparable newly built road even when such had long been achieved as celebrated now?

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 3:30am On Jun 01, 2022
Throwback:

Good you mentioned Ambode and refuse, as waste management was one of the decisions he took that alienated him from the local politics that eventually saw him losing the support of the grassroots politicians that would have aided his return for a 2nd term.

I have been to other states and cities in Nigeria. I don't currently live in Lagos, but I do not see anything better in the very urban city I currently reside that is better than Lagos.

Everyone knows that every street is not tarred in Lagos or any other state in Nigeria.

I am only saying that you cannot use a yardstick of long expressway that is being recently achieved by a state in Nigeria to compare to a megalopolis Lagos that has already achieved such road networks decades ago.

If another arid state in Nigeria begin to implement such infrastructure as this one in Akwa-Ibom decades from now, would you then berate Akwa-Ibom government for not having a comparable newly built road even when such had long been achieved as celebrated now?

Before Tinbu there were tarred roads in lagos. Calling him the architect of modern lagos for facilities and roads that existed even before he was born forgetting that Lagos was once the seat of the colonial government till 1960 and the Capital of nigeria until 1991.

It is what makes people like us laugh. Because we cannot see the government impact on the environment and people of Lagos. Lagos is not modern in any sense.

There is no steady power, there is no pipe borne water into homes,( you dig your own well ) no new state of the art hospitals built by government.

No new Universities for the large population of young people in Lagos.( Maryland one of the smallest state in USA has 33 Universities and over 100 higher Institutions. Lagos has just 2 Universities and Lagos Sate owns only 1). Just one university for 322 public secondary schools. Imagine if we had 10 or 15 universities in Lagos alone. Please you guys just drop the center of excellence mantra...it does not apply to Lagos at all.

No mass housing estates like Jakande LSDPC to address the accommodation crises, No new stadiums or recreation centers, no 4th Mainland bridge....in spite of the big IGR and Federal allocation.

If dem manage build one road...they will start tolling people for it even after they have paid their taxes.so what are the taxes meant for then?

Brother forget all the propaganda ojare. Nothing spectacular about Lagos .

The one thing Tinubu is good at doing is converting public owned properties to his own use. He is an expert on that. A stupid thief.

142 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by sogodihno: 4:48am On Jun 01, 2022
otipoju:

Is your brain working at all? Has Tinubu govern Akwa-ibom state before? Why has hate for Tinubu damaged your brain?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom And Europe Standard Of Road Na 5&6 .. Photos by otipoju(m): 5:05am On Jun 01, 2022
sogodihno:

Is your brain working at all? Has Tinubu govern Akwa-ibom state before? Why has hate for Tinubu damaged your brain?

Were tutu!!! Na you and your papa wey dey piss for body for public na him una brain don damage together.

58 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Train Goes Through The Centre Of A 19-storey Block Of Flats In China(photos). / The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / ₦38,000 Per Night Guest House With 77 Lions In South Africa(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.