Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor (24532 Views)

Salihu Lukman: Jonathan Is Not An APC Member, It Is Not Possible / Salihu Lukman: How Fani-Kayode’s Defection To APC Was Stalled / Salihu Lukman: Buhari Has Finally Rescued Himself From Party Godfathers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by ceede2: 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
If Tinubu can single handledly pick who governs Lagos state , then I see nothing wrong in Buhari picking who will succeed him

This news is even from TheNation, Tinubu owned company , I laugh grin cheesy grin

I need no one to tell me now that Tinubu is a bitter loser
cheesy
Ewu from UGM land at it again. If not for faceless forum, your Mechanical advantage for less than 1%, from bus-stop to bus-stop.

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by abokimallam: 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2022
Buhari, abeg bring consensus make Jagaban scatter APC. I am waiting for any mistake that will cause APC, a party of evil ,to be destroyed so that Nigeria can get their peace back.
Jagaban, oya carry your southwest disciples to SDP to contest.

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 01, 2022
For the two faced afonja peasants defending Tinubu
You do realise he picks whoever he wants for governor in Lagos state
Whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander aswell

2 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by nduchucks: 1:36pm On Jun 01, 2022
Mallam Salihu, sharraaap!!!
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by SledgeHammerer: 1:36pm On Jun 01, 2022
fergie001:

Musa showed his hands and picked his side. No President will pick him unless they are on the same side. In the game of loyalty, you have to be with me 100%, even 90% is not enough.

I don't see why these things should surprise people. This is elections and there must be interests, personal or collective. You don't expect to railroad with everybody nodding like agama, you must lobby, fight, coerce to see that you get ahead. The Governors are in their rights to push it but Salihu Lukman who El-Rufai nominated will keep shut when Nasir picked Sani but want to delineate rights to Buhari.

Personally, I don't think he should pick a Governor, they are ruthless in their own dealings so they have no morality to approach the President. This is normal with Buhari, send a kite, allow everyone start scrambling, then travel, return, call a meeting, make a pick, then appeal to them. Buhari has long picked his Choice and is only trying to scatter everywhere before coming in as if he is trying to calm the situation. Buni/Bello, Musa/Adamu, Giadom/Oshiomhole....the tactics has remained same.

The competency of Ministers are mostly dependent on their Principal. We saw performing Governors go to Buhari's cabinet, speaking grammar and gesticulating.

Which State are you from?
I want to check something! I want to know how your Governor picked the Party's Candidate. Let them advise the President and that's where it ends.

What is the intra-party squabbles?
Blackmail can't work.....It didn't work in Lagos, Ekiti, Imo.

Relax.

The summary of this conversation is that buhari's choice candidate must not necessarily be his successor. This is what I've agreed with in your submission.

I also agree that Buhari is a confusionist. You just reminded me of some scenarios that played out before.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by kingyakos: 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
Tell that to your village chief
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by bobby007(m): 1:39pm On Jun 01, 2022
Razy75g:
monitoring spirit weldone. Nonsense
we getting closer
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by bluefilm: 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
If Tinubu can single handledly pick who governs Lagos state , then I see nothing wrong in Buhari picking who will succeed him

This news is even from TheNation, Tinubu owned company , I laugh grin cheesy grin
I need no one to tell me now that Tinubu is a bitter loser cheesy

Exactly.

If he loses out, he is going to fight dirty.

Which is good news for us in the Peter Obi camp.

3 Likes

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by anonimi: 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
Esseite:
Peter Obi is not an imposed consensus candidate, contenders and candidates voluntarily stepped down for him. There is a difference...

Vote right, vote Labour, vote Peter obi..

How many LGAs are they getting this message for him to have any hope of being president

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by ALMUSTAQIM(m): 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2022
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by fergie001: 1:55pm On Jun 01, 2022
SledgeHammerer:
The summary of this conversation is that buhari's choice candidate must not necessarily be his successor. This is what I've agreed with in your submission.

I also agree that Buhari is a confusionist. You just reminded me of some scenarios that played out before.
That has been his modus operandi.

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by ZooOga: 1:59pm On Jun 01, 2022
Oga has the time to write a treatise? 99% of NL or citizens will not read and digest all this including me. Cut down on all those words and be concise with the idea he's trying to convey. Ppl's time is valuable.

Anyway PMB wants a joint decision with party leaders, not an individual one as the article suggest.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by IfnobeGod20: 2:00pm On Jun 01, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

Sani Musa was my best bet for the job. The crack in this Abdulahi Adamu led NWC is just too early. The signs are not good.

The governors can not help the president in this matter because they all have their own personal interest. Didn't you read that they're already picking themselves? One from South and one from North? Lol..... I doubt if the governors can reach a consensus in this regard. 5 are contesting,others are split amongst Tinubu, Osinbajo, Amaechi.

Even in picking ministers,the president has failed woefully. Most of his ministers are incompetent charlatans.

You can't compare the era of yaradua to now. Who was the opponent? Was there a pan Nigeria opposition party? Was the electoral process this difficult to subvert? Can you rig brazenly like it was then? These are issues that are completely different this time around.

Whatever buhari does, he must be careful not to kill an already fragile Apc. His woeful performance has put the party at a disadvantage already, adding any intra party squabbles to this is suicidal.
Forget it, no governor will try it and go against his advance. They know they are just playing to the gallery by suggesting one of them. They wanted to try same during the party chairmanship election but finally succumbed. After they reconvened, everything will fall in line. Buhari has the right to suggest who will succeed him and there is no law that bar him from doing that so far the convention will still be held and voting will take place. Also bear in mind that the electoral Act permits consensus candidate, so far all contestants agreed to it. If paradventure he chose anyone and any of them disagree, both will still go on election contest.
Virtually all outgone governors had chosen their successors, OBJ chose his and Barack Obama chose his and even campaigned vigorously for her. So, it is not out of place for him to have input as the president and the leader of the party, which everyone need to respect.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Benoxvals(m): 2:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
Osibanjo is part of this absurd administration and he is shamelessly coming out to contest for presidency..in a sane country,he is supposed to be in a hole with his principal..A pastor without conscience and a lawyer without shame and same goes to Amaechi,Lawal and their like.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by SledgeHammerer: 2:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
IfnobeGod20:

Forget it, no governor will try it and go against his advance. They know they are just playing to the gallery by suggesting one of them. They wanted to try same during the party chairmanship election but finally succumbed. After they reconvened, everything will fall in line. Buhari has the right to suggest who will succeed him and there is no law that bar him from doing that so far the convention will still be held and voting will take place. Also bear in mind that the electoral Act permits consensus candidate, so far all contestants agreed to it. If paradventure he chose anyone and any of them disagree, both will still go on election contest.
Virtually all outgone governors had chosen their successors, OBJ chose his and Barack Obama chose his and even campaigned vigorously for her. So, it is not out of place for him to have input as the president and the leader of the party, which everyone need to respect.

Nobody is arguing that the president doesn't have right to choose someone but in doing that,he must go about it in such a way that it doesn't destroy the party.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Ojuntana: 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2022
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Putinofrussia: 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

cheesy

You mean they dont do elections in Lagos?
Of course,they do.
Let Buhari pick anybody he wants and he can go and test his popularity on the field thereafter.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by poiZon: 2:27pm On Jun 01, 2022
osinbanjoisaliar:

https://thenationonlineng.net/northwest-apc-chair-opposes-buhari-on-consensus/
. In the case of the PDP, negotiation was limited to monetary transactions with the less than 1000 delegates who eventually elected Alh. Atiku Abubakar as the Presidential candidate of the PDP. With all the limitation imposed by the current Electoral Act, the delegates at the APC Convention who will be electing our Presidential candidate will not be less than 4000. For a party with more than 40 million members, this is a far cry and will be weak in terms of being ....

This one is so backward that he doesn't even know what and how many delegates will vote in the presidential primaries.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Ojuntana: 2:28pm On Jun 01, 2022
fergie001:

Which APC or PDP Chair has finished his tenure asides Oyegun. These same Governors hold everyone by the balls but they can't have it their way all the time. Even the calm Oyegun was hounded, Adamu's problem might be his person but again who was your Choice of Chairman?

Let them support their President, Yar'Adua wasn't the most sophisticated but he was supported. Let them support their President and don't try to blackmail him. There is nobody Buhari will "anoint" today that won't win the Primary with the support of all of them and they know it.

NIGERIANS ARE THE ULTIMATE DECIDERS.

Did the Governors seek his services before picking theirs?

Even the very intelligent ones needed the "unintelligent" Buhari for remote control when they ran into trouble. They also can guide and make him see their direction, afterall he helps them when it's needed.

See how you're dropping it hot hot like dodo. The guy go soon swear for you and call you ipob

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by GreenCovering: 2:39pm On Jun 01, 2022
What a beautifully written article this is. I am impressed.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by garfield1: 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
fergie001:

Which APC or PDP Chair has finished his tenure asides Oyegun. These same Governors hold everyone by the balls but they can't have it their way all the time. Even the calm Oyegun was hounded, Adamu's problem might be his person but again who was your Choice of Chairman?

Let them support their President, Yar'Adua wasn't the most sophisticated but he was supported. Let them support their President and don't try to blackmail him. There is nobody Buhari will "anoint" today that won't win the Primary with the support of all of them and they know it.

NIGERIANS ARE THE ULTIMATE DECIDERS.

Did the Governors seek his services before picking theirs?

Even the very intelligent ones needed the "unintelligent" Buhari for remote control when they ran into trouble. They also can guide and make him see their direction, afterall he helps them when it's needed.

Abeg help me with the tribunal or appeal court judgment between prince otu vs gershom bassey 2015
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by MoIbrahim: 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
You mean Tinubu doesn't allow primaries to hold? Buhari should allow primaries na, and then use his influence too grin

PrinceOfLagos:

cheesy
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by fergie001: 2:57pm On Jun 01, 2022
garfield1:

Abeg help me with the tribunal or appeal court judgment between prince otu vs gershom bassey 2015

Don't have it.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by donbrowser(m): 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:

cheesy

The problem I'm having with Buhari at the moment is that he chose the party chairman also want to appoint a presidential candidate. He should have stayed clear of that party chairman tussle then use the consensus power for presidential candidate selection.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Dikegodspower(m): 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2022
These chairman wan make them notice am
Split
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Akharmony: 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2022
Just to let the Apc chairman know that Buhari is the biggest delegate in the party has we speak. . If he is please with a particular candidate it is in the interest of the party delegate to join force with him. . . Una go fit fight Mr president?
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by AsawanaDgreat: 3:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
They should not forget that we are still practicing democracy oo
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by garfield1: 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2022
fergie001:

Don't have it.

I know search for it
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by Ray02: 4:31pm On Jun 01, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

It's not just enough to pick a successor. Can your choice of successor win the presidential election? I don't have any issue with Buhari picking anybody but he should not cow anybody to step down.

Buhari is not politically intelligent enough to pick a candidate that can win this election for the APC. His sense of judgement is not something you can bank on.

Look at his choice of chairman, Abdulahi Adamu is already causing cracks in the NWC just 2months in office. I won't be surprised if he picks Ogbonaya Onu who can't win his village.
But there was nothing wrong with his sense of judgement before the elections saga, why now? I'm just happy this election palava showed the hypocrisy of many that called themselves patriots.
I wish Nigerians dump parties, to show this people they have power in their hands.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by georgeakins: 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2022
SledgeHammerer:

It's not just enough to pick a successor. Can your choice of successor win the presidential election? I don't have any issue with Buhari picking anybody but he should not cow anybody to step down.

Buhari is not politically intelligent enough to pick a candidate that can win this election for the APC. His sense of judgement is not something you can bank on.

Look at his choice of chairman, Abdulahi Adamu is already causing cracks in the NWC just 2months in office. I won't be surprised if he picks Ogbonaya Onu who can't win his village.

I am suspecting that Buhari would want to pick an unpopular candidate so that Atiku would have an easy ride and power would remain in the North

1 Like

Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by SledgeHammerer: 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ray02:

But there was nothing wrong with his sense of judgement before the elections saga, why now? I'm just happy this election palava showed the hypocrisy of many that called themselves patriots.
I wish Nigerians dump parties, to show this people they have power in their hands.

If you follow my comments here,you would know I've never been a Buhari supporter. Try to do your due diligence before making comments on people.
Re: Salihu Lukman: Why Buhari Has No Right To Pick Successor by jadyclem(m): 7:35pm On Jun 01, 2022
Imagine Buhari looking for a successor to continue his failure as if ascension of the presidential seat is no longer by election! What a human being! APC is already a failed party. With the happenings in the party, the party may not survive after the onslaught of Buhari. Seems anything buhari touches vanishes into thin air.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Joy Ogwu Assumes UN Security Council Presidency Today / APC Chief Opens Up On The Fight Between President Buhari And Atiku / After Buhari Seal Oyegun’s Fate Oshiomhole, Onu, Nnamani Favoured For APC Chair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.