Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week (26816 Views)

APC Consensus Meeting Ends In Stalemate, National Chairman Absent / FCT, 20 States May Face Food Crisis, Starvation Later This Year (Full List) / 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2022
Governors elected on the platform of the All Progressives Congress have begun the search for a consensus presidential candidate, The PUNCH has learnt.

A source privy to the first meeting of the governors told our correspondent that the meeting ended in a deadlock.

“No agreement yet. Meeting has been postponed to later this week,” the source told The PUNCH on Wednesday.

The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), had asked the Progressive Governors to search for the right successor at a meeting in Aso Rock on Tuesday.

Buhari also informed the governors that he would be seeking reciprocity ahead of the presidential primary which comes up in the next six days.
He told the governors, “The party has successfully established internal policies that promote continuity and smooth succession plans even at the state and local government levels.

“For example, first-term governors who have served credibly well have been encouraged to stand for re-election. Similarly, second-term governors have been accorded the privilege of promoting successors that are capable of driving their visions as well as the ideals of the party.

“In keeping with the established internal policies of the party and as we approach the convention in a few days, therefore, I wish to solicit the reciprocity and support of the governors and other stakeholders in picking my successor, who would fly the flag of our party for election into the office of the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023.

“As we approach the convention, I appeal to all of you to allow our interests to converge, our focus to remain on the changing dynamics of our environment, the expectations of our citizens and the global community.

“Our objective must be the victory of our party and our choice of a candidate must be someone who would give the Nigerian masses a sense of victory and confidence even before the elections.”

https://punchng.com/breaking-apc-govs-meeting-deadlocked-as-search-for-consensus-candidate-begins/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by festacman(m): 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2022
I would rather that APC conducts proper primary to reflects the values of democracy.

Interestingly, the irony in the Pres. Buhari's reciprocity clause is the following:
The BIG MAN who for years has been determining the political career of other people will have the most crucial point in his political career determined by another person.

I don't know if this is karma or fate.

I am sure most of his former acolytes like Banire, Afikoyomi, Sarah Sosan, Mamora, GUS Solomon, Ambode, Aregbesola, etc who lost out through his political decisions will be beaming with smiles.

I hope this ambition won't destroy Tinubu like it did to MKO Abiola because Jagaban doesn't look like someone who is ready for any reciprocity or consensus bullsh*t.

87 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by Malory: 6:11pm On Jun 01, 2022
By this time next week Tinubu will be in SDP

142 Likes 8 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by Ayobiggie59: 6:12pm On Jun 01, 2022
J
Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by helinues: 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
They don't have a choice than to bend to Buhari's choice

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
See this phools. Who send orna message. Wetin Buhari send orna na very simple message. Disqualify Tinubu immediately and bring list of only 3 persons wen him go see if orna dolapo brains don dey work sotey him candidate go dey inside the new list. Orna still dey behave like mugu. Simple message orna no understand

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by ChangetheChange: 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
grin grin grin
Decamping and party Disintegration loading
No peace for the evil broom party

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by osinbanjoisaliar: 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2022
Malory:
By this time next week Tinubu will be in SDP

Dat one na already foregone issue. On Sunday him and some mofos go stage walkout before the convention start. APC legal team already don dey prepare for dem

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by mach7(m): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2022
It will be hard for the Governors to come to an agreement except if it will result in one of theirs taking the ticket.

Even then, to get other aspirants to agree to such consensus arrangement will be an uphill task.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by excomarow(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2022
Whatever....

This Combination will be superb
Osibanjo/Zulum.

The kolabo go make sense for this country

318 Likes 93 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by Sunofgod(m): 6:23pm On Jun 01, 2022
More money on order

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by omoredia: 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2022
Effective today 01/06/22 If u need anything from me, you have to first show me ur PVC.

#supportomoredia4president

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by Corporate2020: 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2022
No consensus. Let meet at the election ground. All the idiots that are waiting for Buhari to impose them as the flag bearer will cry because even Buhari will cry.

22 Likes 6 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by TimmyTen(m): 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2022
Show of shame… Buhari has no moral right to shop for a successor.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by Authoreety: 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2022
War in d camp

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by money121(m): 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ok
Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by IFSHR: 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
RIP APC 2015 - 2023

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by Pristine664: 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
The issue here is not the consensus per sey. The problem is that Buhari is not intelligent enough to produce a good successor as a consensus.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by GboyegaD(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
Whilst the idea of a consensus candidate doesn't sit well with me, the level of vote buying makes it seem a better alternative.

6 Likes

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by Antoeni(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
I Pray Buhari give Tinubu the special Ambode treatment, history justifies it!

253 Likes 76 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by saintkel(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin
Decamping and party Disintegration loading
No peace for the evil broom party

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:25pm On Jun 01, 2022
grin

I see why Tinubu lapdogs have been making so much noise lately. It is clear that Buhari and the Cabals anointed candidate will get the ticket. The same way Adamu was handpicked also. grin

240 Likes 70 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by toujurs: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
What the Bleep, if buhari doesn't want to give tinubu ticket he should talk na, what's all this postponement for angry

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by sexiestharam(f): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
All these meetings are vanity.We all know Baba's choice is Osinbajo. All these news will end on Sunday. I am tired of them all. I feel like fast-forwarding to May 29, 2023 when Osinbajo will take his oath of office. So we can rest!

243 Likes 78 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by Ofunaofu: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by fergie001: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
This one strong .....

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by TheScientist: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
......The Scientist is Here......

Evil party with evil broom. I'll never forgive APC for all their fake promises. Do you know i actually believed APC could make one dollar equal to one naira? If i had listened to my elder brother, i wouldn't have supported this evil party in 2015. God punish anything directly or remotely connected to APC.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by Belial06: 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
Trouble in paradise?

5 Likes

Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by successking401(m): 6:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ok.

Anyway, I am still available

You can check

If you have any of the health related challenge highlighted in my signature , don't waste a moment further
Re: APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week by Jmk9292(m): 6:27pm On Jun 01, 2022
The utmost consensus would come from the citizens.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pro-Biafra Militants Free Hijacked Ship, Hold 5 Crew Members Hostage / Rochas Okorocha Attends Imo Carol Night With Family (Photos) / Border Closure: More Rice Mills Spring Up Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.