Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,600 members, 7,812,958 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary (49214 Views)

APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Lands In Asaba, To Meet Delta State Delegates / Bashir Mohammed, Policeman Who Voted At Kano APC Congress Probed By Police / As At 6:12pm Ogun And Kogi State Delegates' Seats Are Still Empty (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by MyopicMods: 9:02pm On Jun 01, 2022
PREMIUM TIMES has obtained details of how the various state delegates voted at Saturday’s Special National Convention of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Abuja.

The primary produced former Vice President Atiku Abubakar as the candidate of the opposition party for the 2023 presidential election.

Atiku polled 371 votes from the 767 accredited candidates to edge his closest opponent, Rivers State Governor Nyesom Wike, who polled 237 votes.

A last-minute withdrawal by Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, swung the contest in favour of Atiku as delegates from Mr Tambuwal’s North-West stronghold and from other states where delegates had pledged their support to him all turned their votes to Atiku.

North-West
The North-West geopolitical zone has seven states comprising Kano, Katsina, Jigawa, Zamfara, Kebbi, Sokoto and Kaduna. Altogether, the states sent 193 delegates to the convention.

Mr Atiku won five of those states, except Kano where the loyalists of a former governor of the state, Rabiu Kwankwaso, gave their 44 votes to Mr Wike; and Katsina where the two frontrunners shared the votes.

Mr Kwankwaso left the PDP earlier this year to run for president under the New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP) but his loyalists still constitute the leadership of the recognised faction of the PDP in the state and gave all the votes of the 44 delegates to Mr Wike.

In Katsina, the Rivers State governor got a share of the votes due to the support of Garba Lado, a former senator who was last week nominated the governorship candidate of the party for 2023.

Mr Atiku was supported by a former governor of the state, Ibrahim Shema, and he succeeded in getting a good number of delegates to vote for the former vice president.

Mr Wike also expected a good showing in Kebbi, but Aminu Bande, the retired army general who won the party’s governorship ticket, did not quite deliver for Mr Wike. Delegates from the states gave their votes to Atiku in solidarity with Mr Tambuwal.

North-Central
The six states in this zone – Benue, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Niger and Plateau – were shared by Atiku, Mr Wike, and former Senate President, Bukola Saraki, who had a clean sweep of the votes of the delegates from Kwara, the state he hails from and governed for eight years.

Atiku and Mr Wike shared the votes from Niger State with former Governor Babangida Aliyu delivering for the former while Zainab, the wife of Mr Aliyu’s predecessor, the late Abdulkadir Kure, worked for the Rivers governor.

Atiku won Plateau and most of the votes from Nasarawa. However, Mr Wike got seven votes in Nasarawa where he supported the man who won the governorship ticket of the party, David Ombugadu, and had expected to get more votes in reciprocity.

Mr Wike won in the Federal Capital Territory through the support of the sole senator representing the capital, Philip Aduda, and shared the votes with Atiku in Benue and Kogi.

Akwa Ibom Governor Udom Emmanuel had some of the Benue votes through his campaign director, former Governor Gabriel Suswan; but Governor Samuel Ortom backed Mr Wike while the party’s national chairman, Iyorchia Ayu; and former Senate President David Mark ensured Atiku got some votes from the state.

North-East
The North-East geopolitical zone has six states, comprising Adamawa, Bauchi, Borno, Gombe, Taraba, and Yobe. Atiku is from Adawama and he won outright in four of the six states in his home zone, except Bauchi which went to homeboy Governor Bala Mohammed and Taraba which he shared with Mr Wike.

The Governor Wike camp got pledges of huge votes from Gombe, Borno and Bauchi but the promises were not fulfilled. The leaders of the party and delegates from the states left the Rivers governor disappointed.

South-West
In this zone, votes in the six states of Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo were shared between Atiku, Mr Wike and Mr Saraki. The former vice president won in Ogun, Ondo and Lagos. Mr Saraki won in Osun. Mr Wike, who also picked substantial votes from Lagos, won Oyo and Ekiti where he got the backing of Governor Seyi Makinde and former Governor Ayodele Fayose respectively.

The Wike camp had banked on Eyitayo Jegede, the PDP candidate in the last governorship election in Ondo State, to deliver the votes of delegates from the state. That did not happen and the Rivers governor’s people remain disappointed in the politician.

South-East
This geopolitical zone has five states – Abia, Anambra, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. Atiku won in Anambra (with the support of Ben Obi, Chris Uba and other leading PDP politicians from the state) and Imo (with the support of Emeka Ihedioha). Mr Wike won in Abia and Enugu through the support of Governors Okezie Ikpeazu and Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi respectively. Former Senate President Pius Anyim won the votes of the delegates from his home Ebonyi State.

South-South
Mr Wike won in three of the six states in his home zone. He won Rivers, Cross River and Edo. Although Mr Wike had a public falling out with Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, he won the state because the governor’s adversary in the battle for the control of the PDP in the state, Dan Orbih, took his faction’s delegates to the convention and delivered them to the Rivers governor.

However, the delegates from Delta and Bayelsa ignored the governor of their neighbouring state, Mr Wike; and gave their votes to Atiku.

Governor Udom Emmanuel swept the votes of his delegates from Akwa Ibom to take his overall tally to 38.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/534129-exclusive-atiku-vs-wike-how-state-delegates-voted-at-pdp-presidential-primary.html?fbclid=IwAR2s1OAzpoWoGW7IacVr7rN3F7Ws4ItnA50iTNTVbjv8Nenw4goZvz3N754

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Ndibunna: 9:03pm On Jun 01, 2022
If not for anything and knowing fully well Atiku is not going anywhere..

I am quite happy that the loud mouth from Rivers state didn't win my state because it will be an affront to our people's sensitivity.

He should learn how to talk. Courage is totally different from being a talkative.

Even Bayelsa state shunned him. Gov Diri played him a fast one including okowa.

Imagine if peter Obi hasn't left by now the long tongues will be telling us how Igbos are not united.

I Just observed the Niger Delta unity in angle 360 degrees.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Coded081(m): 9:26pm On Jun 01, 2022
Okowa who was the front runner for the president to come from southern Nigeria, Okowa fall hand big time

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Chimaraymond455: 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
A fellow SS governor made sure that Nyesom Wike doesn't clinch the PDP ticket. ... This gov is Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta state who worked silently to stop Wike. And Okowa is justified for his action. I will explain why.

Wike has been a PDP man since 1998.
He knows Rotation is in his party's DNA.
He knows that if he and other Southern PDP leaders had insisted on Zoning to the SE, it would have happened. But Nyesom Wike diluted zoning for his own gain.

Nyesom Wike knew it was the turn of the SE, yet he betrayed the SE out of greed and selfishness. Twice, the SE had stood solidly with GEJ, SS & PDP. In fact South Easterners are hated so much by Buhari & APC because they gave support to GEJ, SS & PDP.

Now that the SE should be repaid by the SS, Nyesom Wike wouldn't allow it. And fellow SS Gov. Okowa, wasn't happy about it.

So Wike put his personal ambition ahead of the SE zone. Atiku offered to step down if PDP zoned to the South East. But personal ambition wouldn't allow Wike make that concession. So here we are, the whole South is at risk of political slavery.

Finally Wike talks about betrayal. Let it be known that it was Wike that betrayed the South. He is now acting as if he was in it for South. Which South?? His own part of the South produced the last PDP president; why didn’t he support a candidate from the South that hasn't produced a president before (SE).

Instead he was going round shouting ‘give me pawa’.
The South never adopted Wike as their presidential candidate. Instead, he used Rivers state funds & his grip on the PDP to force himself.

He hijacked PDP in the SE, created confusion which forced Peter Obi out of the party. Wike was very selfish. Some govs of SS worked against you, not against the region. You don’t represent the region. I stand with Gov. Okowa for stopping you.

My advise to Wike is to make amends with his brothers in the Southern PDP whom he offended. And redeem himself by supporting the SE.

242 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by TheNiceGuy(m): 9:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
Lesson learnt .

Unto the next
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Unzerious: 9:45pm On Jun 01, 2022
Govs. Okowa and Diri's Sabotage of the SS wouldn't be forgotten in a long time.

Wike is a Nike wearing Lion smiley

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by chrisxxx(m): 10:12pm On Jun 01, 2022
Ndibunna:
If not for anything and knowing fully well Atiku is not going anywhere..

I am quite happy that the loud mouth from Rivers state didn't win my state because it will be an affront to our people's sensitivity.

He should learn how to talk. Courage is totally different from being a talkative.

Even Bayelsa state shunned him. Gov Diri played him a fast one including okowa.

Imagine if peter Obi hasn't left by now the long tongues will be telling us how Igbos are not united.

I Just observed the Niger Delta unity in angle 360 degrees.
No vex ooo. I just want to ask you a question. How many votes did Udom who knows how to talk get?
What about Ayim?
Friend when we were small we blamed our little brother for being troublesome when a bigger bully beat him.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by chrisxxx(m): 10:13pm On Jun 01, 2022
Diri that Wike sent money to during his campaign. Ok.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by MangekyoAlt: 10:15pm On Jun 01, 2022
But seriously, wouod Wike have even stood a chance of he had won this ticket?

Even though we from the south south would've somewhat voted him, or shared our vote with him with Peter Obi, I'm not sure if yoruba people and Abokîs would've voted him at all.

If pdp had agreed on zoning to the south east, alright it would've been better. If it's Peter Obi, we would've voted en masse from for him, here in SS. SE too, with north being divided between him and whoever APC fields.

We have been shouting at Abokîs that they've ruled for 8 years, and for the sake of equity, power MUSR return to the south, even though zoning doesn't even exist in our democratic constitution.

Meanwhile, In the same South, we've ruled for a quite a while SW ruled before us. For the sake of this same equity that we've been demanding from Abokîs, make we give the south east wey never rule, nobody gree.
I even see skull miners saying presidency isnt given to any region, and that SE should work for it. Well if that is the case then no need to beg Abokîs to give us power na. They have the numbers to even win back to back to back 20 years. The sooner we stopped being hypocrites the better for us all.

76 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by helinues: 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2022
So Gov Diri and Okowa are the 2 state governors from SS who betrayed Wike. Interesting.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by MangekyoAlt: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2022
helinues:
So Gov Diri and Okowa are the 2 state governors from SS who betrayed Wike. Interesting.

Let's wait and see who will betray Tinubu in APC own. Them go many well well

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by helinues: 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Let's wait and see who will betray Tinubu in APC own. Them go many well well

That's Tinubu's headache don't you think?

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by MangekyoAlt: 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2022
helinues:

That's Tinubu's headache don't you think?

Tinubu. Say his name properly

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Penguin2: 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2022
Unzerious:
Govs. Okowa and Diri's Sabotage of the SS wouldn't be forgotten in a long time.

Wike is a Nike wearing Lion smiley

Taaa!

Imagine Wike as president of Nigeria.

Even the imagination sef is making me sick already

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by OkoroBufo: 10:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
Even Diri too? Before Wike would help anyone again, hen would grow a tooth. Kudos to Jagaban, he has seen it all.

-Okoro bufo

3 Likes

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Nigerialabalaba: 10:37pm On Jun 01, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Tinubu. Say his name properly
Omo Ibo, u go wail till 2031 as nobody go allow una jinx hin career with una badluck.
Uwazuruike sabi una wella especially awon omo ibo miscreants running amok here for nl

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by MangekyoAlt: 10:42pm On Jun 01, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Omo Ibo, u go wail till 2031 as nobody go allow una jinx hin career with una badluck.
Uwazuruike sabi una wella especially awon omo ibo miscreants running amok here for nl
Mr AGBOlade, where did you get the information that I'm ibo? From your skull?
Im neither ibo, nor hausa, nor yoruba. I'm minority. The idea that anyone who doesn't align with Tinubu is ibo, is someone I find worrying. Although, I don't blame you lots since you see Igbo people too screaming afonja on every thread that is exposing their own problems

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Nigerialabalaba: 10:48pm On Jun 01, 2022
MangekyoAlt:

Mr AGBOlade, where did you get the information that I'm ibo? From your skull?
Im neither ibo, nor hausa, nor yoruba. I'm minority. The idea that anyone who doesn't align with Tinubu is ibo, is someone I find worrying. Although, I don't blame you lots since you see Igbo people too screaming afonja on every thread that is exposing their own problems
Mr M.O.N.K.E.Y.Pox, if u be minority, den get sense nau and no dey jam-blab for sense. abi u be drunken fisherman ni?Don't be unfortunate like awon omo ibo wey bitterness don cast dem useless terrorist lives.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by MangekyoAlt: 10:54pm On Jun 01, 2022
Nigerialabalaba:

Mr M.O.N.K.E.Y.Pox, if u be minority, den get sense nau and no dey jam-blab for sense. abi u be drunken fisherman ni?Don't be unfortunate like awon omo ibo wey bitterness don cast dem useless terrorist lives.

You lack common sense. See the way you dey type like mumu. So I should shut up because I'm exposing Thiefnubus incompetence? Ogbeni no be you get nairaland. No dey attack me. Go find one of una wives, Igbos carry go one corner make una dey insult unaselfs Dia. Bigots. I no get ur time but no call me ibo, because I no see any sense in supporting your demigod Tinubu. Be like say u no even know say for the entire South, na only that South west Tinubu for get small supporters. Him supporters dry well well for here ejoh

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by slivertongue: 10:50am On Jun 02, 2022
Very interesting transactional delegate election
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by datola: 12:43pm On Jun 02, 2022
This results show Wike has national appeal than we ever thought. I like his courage and boldness. I wish him all the best.

We all know Atiku is not a small big man in Nigeria's politics.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Opolopoopolonio: 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
Who did the state by state sorting from the ballot boxes

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Mumusaphire: 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
Good
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by paulolee(m): 12:44pm On Jun 02, 2022
k
Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by WhizdomXX(m): 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
We know.
Modified
Bayelsa actually voted Atiku, wow just wow. Wike even penetrated the north more than I estimated. Borno state pdp ate Wike's money die.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by AutoReportNG: 12:45pm On Jun 02, 2022
Lol

Here Are Simple Ways To Check And Verify Your Driver's License Online

https://autoreportng.com/2020/07/how-to-check-and-verify-your-drivers-license-online.html

1 Like

Re: Atiku Vs Wike: How State Delegates Voted At PDP Presidential Primary by Ventura1: 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2022
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

List Of All The Unions That Have Directed Their Workers To Go On Strike / Pictures Of Coconut Oil Refinery in Akwa Ibom / How Tinubu Won Presidential Election – American Observer, Johnnie Carson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.