Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled (12584 Views)

Ukraine’s Zelenskiy Agrees To Peace Talks With Russia / US President Biden Warns Russia, Says NATO Ready To Respond / Russia Says It Is Ready To Cut Ties With The European Union (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by oyichi: 7:08am On Jun 02, 2022
War is being fought in your country, people are dying on daily bases and infrastructures are being destroyed, all economic and social activities are all suspended and you say you are wining the war
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by edosignature(m): 7:11am On Jun 02, 2022
Peaceful & truthful negotiations are the way forward. No winner in wars.

We want peace not war.

God bless mother Russia...
God bless & guard Vladimir Putin...

Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z Z

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Sermwell(m): 7:13am On Jun 02, 2022
Akinsete19:
Omo, it will take more than 25 yrs after the war before Ukrainians can get back to their feet.
Mumu! You think it's Africa?
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Kingsnairaland(m): 7:16am On Jun 02, 2022
Pro-Russian fighters reportedly take journalists to watch them fire howitzers at Ukrainian base

ro-Russian fighters of the Luhansk People's Republic loaded up a battery of howitzers and reportedly fire missiles at a Ukrainian base.

The People's Militia of the so-called LPR says it took journalists to the front line outside the village of Borovsky to film the strike against Ukrainian resistance fighters.

The pro-Russia unit claimed they destroyed an entire fortified area consisting of concentrated manpower and military equipment.

Pro-Russian Luhansk People's Republic fighters loaded up a battery of howitzers and reportedly fired missiles at a Ukrainian base.
PEOPLE'S MILITIA OF LPR/ZENGER
BEST OF NEWSWEEK VIA EMAIL

Email address
FREE SIGN UP
The militia said they used mortars and tank fire to destroy the Ukrainian base after first giving the enemy the option to withdraw or surrender.

One LPR fighter told reporters: "The situation has changed a lot. The enemy is not so active anymore. Now, our artillery and tank units are working very well together."

Russian troops invaded Ukraine on February 24 in what the Kremlin is still calling a "special military operation." June 1 marks the 98th day of the campaign.

From February 24 to June 1, the total combat losses of Russian troops stand at around 30,700 personnel, according to the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.

NEWSWEEK SUBSCRIPTION OFFERS >
The Ukrainian military also claims that Russia has lost 1,361 tanks, 3,343 armored fighting vehicles, 659 artillery systems, 207 multiple launch rocket systems, 94 anti-aircraft systems, 208 warplanes, 175 helicopters, 2,290 motor vehicles and fuel tankers, 13 vessels, 519 unmanned aerial vehicles, 49 units of special equipment, and 120 cruise missiles.

In recent news, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky called Russian strikes on a nitric acid tank in the besieged eastern city of Sievierodonetsk "madness."

Residents of Sievierodonetsk have been warned to remain in bomb shelters and to prepare masks to protect themselves against toxic fumes.

Analysts say up to 70 percent of the embattled city is now controlled by Russian forces, with almost all critical infrastructure and housing destroyed.

Despite setbacks in eastern Ukraine, Ukrainian troops have made advances in Kherson in the south and around Kharkiv in the northeast.

President Joe Biden said he will send Kyiv more advanced U.S. rocket systems that will help to strike enemy forces from a longer distance.

The armaments include the M142 High Mobility Artillery Rocket System (HIMARS), according to White House sources, which can launch multiple missiles precision-guided to strike as far away as 45 miles, which is much further than Ukraine's current panoply. The system is believed to be more accurate than Russian equivalents.

Kremlin sources say that NATO and the U.S. are thereby adding fuel to the fire in the conflict in Ukraine.

Meanwhile, European Union leaders reached an agreement to ban 90 percent of oil imports from Russia, but they remain undecided on natural gas imports.

This story was provided to Newsweek by Zenger News.

REQUEST REPRINT & LICENSING, SUBMIT CORRECTION OR VIEW EDITORIAL GUIDELINES

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Akinsete19(m): 7:17am On Jun 02, 2022
Sermwell:

Mumu! You think it's Africa?
Your father is mumu!!

What do you know about international relations and economic growth?

You think the economic recovery of a war-torn country is about sharing of rice and the #5k you usually get from African politicians?

Do you think building a country back to default is a short-term goal?

Go to school and learn, stop being an ill-mannered semi-illiterate!!!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by unclejb2(m): 7:20am On Jun 02, 2022
This war is not ending anytime soon.
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by kingthreat(m): 7:20am On Jun 02, 2022
Freestainworld:
So Russia haven't won the war for 3 months now after boosting, Ukraine still standing tall.

In your village, they win wars under three months abi?
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by rolams(m): 7:24am On Jun 02, 2022
So, Russia is now tired of the war right?
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by INTEGRITYA1(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2022
chukwuibuipob:
cool A hairy ballz gang is behind the monika.

I also guess somebody use that innocent name to manipulate the populace.

Your monica is Cynthia

Tolulope Bambo to be receiving money.

It doesn't correlate.

1 Like

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Minjim: 7:32am On Jun 02, 2022
They're already feeling the heat. That's why you need to be on the attack to negotiate with the devil.
You be on the defensive and say you wanna negotiate. Negotiate with what? You have no bargaining power.

Putin and his boys now see they could be demystiied by Ukraine
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Randy100: 7:34am On Jun 02, 2022
chaseblack:

How are they not friendly, at least they don't bless their citizens to go to war to kill other Christians in the opposing side.
The only religion that condemns violence, I hope you know they are hated in Russia because they won't take up arms?

While their Christian counterparts the Church of Russia keeps blessing soldiers and telling them it is God's work to kill Ukrainians.

In your opinion, the church of Russia is friendly but a religion who won't kill people isn't?

You don't need to believe in any God to be able to reason with logic.

Pls state why you think Jehovah's witnesses are unfriendly?
I can go on and on about how they are extremist. But, let me just list few points that made me see them as extremist and unfriendly. I don't blame Putin for shutting them out.
1. Very disrespectful of other people's belief. I have read their watchtowers, I know what I am saying.
2. Ex believers are segregated from their family members, what a wicked thing to do.
3. A pregnant woman died while while giving birth just because the religion forbids giving of blood. I always maintain, humanity before religion. No difference between those Islamic extremist that stoned Deborah and Jehova witness.
There are many more.

1 Like

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by redcliff: 7:34am On Jun 02, 2022
cynthia4good:
Let's all say a prayer for the world, people are suffering from bad government and those with good government are raging war against each other..

Please help me❤️

where your old account dey? abi you just discover nairaland?
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by brightalo1010: 7:36am On Jun 02, 2022
Akinsete19:
Omo, it will take more than 25 yrs after the war before Ukrainians can get back to their feet.

After the war watch how the whole world will rally around and help Ukraine stand again even stronger than before within few years.
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Minjim: 7:40am On Jun 02, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
Dobass and lughansk region want independence, USA said, YES.
Biafra, Oodua Republic, Niger Delta want independence USA said, NO. angry

There is enthnic called biafra in Nigeria. The Biafra you lay claim to is a fictional geographical location. You can't even find it on the map.

And when did Oduuduwas tell you they want independence. Just because some sponsored few are agitating doesn't mean they represent the whole region. People have reps at federal, state and local levels have any one of them ever support and passed any referendum bills ?
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Akinsete19(m): 7:40am On Jun 02, 2022
brightalo1010:

After the war watch how the whole world will rally around and help Ukraine stand again even stronger than before within few years.
I pray, because economic recovery take decades to effect on war-torn countries.
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by marv1: 7:41am On Jun 02, 2022
dalagerutofa:
Hhhmmm

Engineering is made easy with tools and diagnostics made simple with advanced testers we are your best choice
please kindly check my profile out.

More info
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by AutoReportNG: 7:43am On Jun 02, 2022
I thought they claimed Putin is dead? Western Media and permutations cheesy cheesy

Have You Seen The Pictures of How Lekki-Ikoyi Bridge Was Built?

Here's how Lekki Bridge was built by Julius Berger

https://autoreportng.com/2018/05/never-seen-pictures-of-how-lekki-ikoyi.html

1 Like

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by todugo(m): 7:47am On Jun 02, 2022
orisa37:
"SETTLE WITH YOUR ADVERSARIES ON THE ROAD BEFORE THEY BRING YOU UP FOR JUSTICE. I'M GOD, THE JUDGE OF ALL THINGS AND I AM SEEING EVERYTHING".

PUTIN IS UNFRIENDLY WITH JEHOVAH WITNESS.

ORISAORUNTO SPEAKS.

FROM ORUNTO27.
Close mouth jo. Wetin concern the news headline with wetin you dey yarn now
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by pat077: 7:48am On Jun 02, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
where and when did they say yes?

2 Likes

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by salem1996: 7:48am On Jun 02, 2022
Freestainworld:
So Russia haven't won the war for 3 months now after boosting, Ukraine still standing tall.

Na una type deh bring Ukraine down lol. Una go make Russia look small until them fire those weapons to respond then una go con call them devils. Na zelensky no gree learn sha.
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by anonymuz(m): 7:54am On Jun 02, 2022
TOPCRUISE:
because black are backwards politically based on the fact that our colonization can from being intimidated.
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 02, 2022
Freestainworld:
is this all you can come up with.. Stop instigating War, nobody wants instigators and War Mongers! People want negotiation, Peace..
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Etuagievin(m): 8:07am On Jun 02, 2022
Randy100:

Jehovah witness are not friendly too. Religion extremist too.
. For all I know about Jehovah's witnesses, they don't show traces of extremism. They are a peace loving people going about their business. They incure the wrath of Vladimir Putin when they refused to join the war which in my opinion is intardem with Christianity. Come up with reasons why you brand them extremist
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by chaseblack(m): 8:07am On Jun 02, 2022
Randy100:

I can go on and on about how they are extremist. But, let me just list few points that made me see them as extremist and unfriendly. I don't blame Putin for shutting them out.
1. Very disrespectful of other people's belief. I have read their watchtowers, I know what I am saying.
2. Ex believers are segregated from their family members, what a wicked thing to do.
3. A pregnant woman died while while giving birth just because the religion forbids giving of blood. I always maintain, humanity before religion. No difference between those Islamic extremist that stoned Deborah and Jehova witness.
There are many more.

These are civil and personal matters, remember even the UN advocates for choice of association that is, you are free to decide who to associate with and the reason for them choosing to not associate with non witness is because of spirituality because they don't want to be tainted with other religious doctrine. This doesn't make them unfriendly because they are being taught to be kind to everyone - not just their members. Although I agree that due to human imperfections, some might err.

Just like you mentioned in your first point, they don't respect other people's belief, but it seems you are also on this table. You see, Jehovah's witnesses have their beliefs regarding some spiritual matters so they might be baffled why others choose to believe differently WHICH IS WHAT YOU ARE DOING AS WELL, you don't understand why Jehovah's witnesses make some decisions AND IT SEEMS YOU ARE NOT EVEN RESPECTING THEIR CHOICE because it your comments shows you detest them.

Can I call you a bad person because of that?

Secondly, if Jehovah's witnesses ostracise disfellowshipped ones not out of hatred but out of love. The general thought being that, they might come to their senses if they see how much they are missing.
It has been repeatedly preached that ALL MEMBERS SHOULD EMBRACE DIS-FELLOSHIPPED MEMBERS WITH OPEN ARMS IF THEY CHOOSE TO RETURN TO THE FOLD. But on the other hand, if they choose not to then they should be treated as non-witness SO THEY WONT TAINT THE CONGREGATION (AND THE MAJOR REASON FOR DISFELLOWSHIPPING IS USUALLY MURDER FRAUD AND SEXUAL IMMORALITY).

THIRDLY, Jehovah's witnesses have a scriptural reason for refusing blood and it is a matter of faith AND NO ONE WILL EVEN BE DISFELLOWSHIPPED FOR TAKING BLOOD, choosing not to take blood is a matter of faith BUT IT DOESN'T MAKE THEM AN EXTREMIST.

EXTREMISTS ARE KNOWN TO HARM PEOPLE, JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES HAVE NEVER ADVOCATED FOR VIOLENCE NOR THREATEN TO HARM OTHERS EVEN IF THEY ARE PUSHED TO THE WALL.

Forget religious/scriptural doctrines, if all humans maintains the view of Jehovah's witnesses on how precious life is and choose to eschew violence, don't you think the world will be a better place?
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by TenQ: 8:12am On Jun 02, 2022
Akinsete19:
It will also take Russia 25 years to pay for the damages.

1 Like

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Igbofam2: 8:13am On Jun 02, 2022
KillerCrocodile:

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kremlin-says-talks-with-zelenskiy-possible-negotiations-stalled-2022-06-01/

America's Lend Lease Act is now kicking in with USA supplying Ukraine with HIMARS (High Mobility Advanced Rocket Systems) suddenly Russia are now the ones talking negotiations grin cheesy

Una never see anything. So many things are falling apart for Russia

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Akinsete19(m): 8:14am On Jun 02, 2022
TenQ:

It will also take Russia 25 years to pay for the damages.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Igbofam2: 8:14am On Jun 02, 2022
Akinsete19:

Funny enough, Ukraine would be rebuilt using Russia's ceased monies grin

Rebuilding in new designs and in a more advanced way.

It would cost Russia over $600b grin
Re: Russia Says Talks With Zelenskiy Possible, But Negotiations Stalled by Igbofam2: 8:17am On Jun 02, 2022
TOPCRUISE:

Donbas, Luhansk and Crimea are all recognized as Ukrainian soil.

USA never said yes to anybody's independence because they never wanted to be independent.. Russia is forcing them to accept independence just so they can annex them to Russia.

A country that you claim wants to be independent how come Russia wants to annex them?

You dey think at all?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Senate Has Passed The 'obama Health Care / FULANI - The Scourge Of Africa / Voting Machines Altering Votes From Obama To Romney In Pennsylvania

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.