Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,499 members, 7,850,731 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:15 AM

APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC (26793 Views)

APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Supporters Reject ‘plot’ For Consensus / APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu Lands In Cross Rivers, To Meet Delegates / APC Primary: Tinubu's Chances At Risk Over Exclusion Of Statutory Delegates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by adanny01(m): 8:16am On Jun 03, 2022
HRMK:
CONSENSUS WOULD ONLY DESTROY APC!THE BEST WAY TO GO ABOUT IT IS THROUGH A FREE AND FAIR ELECTION!!

With a free and fair primaries, Tinubu can will but APC will lose to PDP.

The consensus is an attempt to prevent the inevitable. The major issue of Tinubu is him being a Muslim, getting a powerful Northern Christian VP is impossible. This means north will prefer Atiku.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by 7lives: 8:28am On Jun 03, 2022
Upworkwriter007:
lol.......... Means Tinubu was 70 in 2000?

E shock you?, even ebora owu is not 90.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Anndrew(m): 8:36am On Jun 03, 2022
lenghtinny:

You are not correct....
He didn't contest because he was just a regional local champion in the southwest.

He needed allies in the north who he felt were popular enough to deliver the north to him.
He tried Atiku in 07 and Ribadu in 11 but the experiment failed.
That's why, in 2015, he picked Buhari over Atiku that he had known for some time. Because Buhari was the one with greater appeal in the north, hoping Buhari would reciprocate his good gesture when the time comes.

With all the kowtowing and all the boy is good that he did for them like donating money to the katsina fire incident. The northerners still dey play am like ball
this will always continue like that, until the day the southern are united,they will always be the slave to their northern counterparts..we have never be divided like this b4,..tribalism and religious are the worst to ever come out of South...the yoruba,hate the igbo,likewise same to the igbo..we are fools in the hands of the northerners...the southerners are the most sophisticated and developed regions in Nigeria...The only way Nigeria has to balance is for an igbo man to be president,many might not agree with me,some might insult me,we are talking of a
major tribe in Nigeria.. hausa,yoruba and igbo....This is 2022,and not 1972 or whatever....
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by 7lives: 8:38am On Jun 03, 2022
OkoroBufo:
Tinubu is an heavy weight brah! His foot soldiers are everywhere from the Governors caucus to the NWC, from among the high and mighty to the very grassroots.
Amaechi decamped to APC after Tinubu had prepared the table already, he couldn't even deliver a single Local government in Rivers to APC.
City Boy all the way!

-Okoro bufo

Sad but true.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by newisd75: 8:41am On Jun 03, 2022
amaechi is a popular person in the north, people of the north the love him base on his performance as minister of transport. if selected, it'll be similar to 2011 election where gej got enough 25% vote in the north and massive amount of vote from the south to win the 2011 election
but if it's tl bat vs atiku I will see that as a 50-50 contest
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by 7lives: 8:41am On Jun 03, 2022
drlateef:

That’s why he is considering stepping down. The game is up.

Step down bawo, he should go ahead.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by 7lives: 8:46am On Jun 03, 2022
Softmirror:

But it surprise me how the Northern governors who are mostly APC show so much support for a southern candidate in the person of Bola Ahmed Tinubu to win for their APC party.

Those ones are also protecting their interests.
If APC go down, they don't know what will happen to their political careers.
Even you won't allow such to happen to you.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by nedekid: 8:52am On Jun 03, 2022
Upworkwriter007:
If you're talking about her first daughter, then that's a big lie. she hasn't even celebrated 50. Make una dey calm down oooo.
Bros, no be me talk am. Na watin I de always see here. That is why I said, he is "said to have".
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by AkpaMgbor(m): 8:57am On Jun 03, 2022
bicoloratrite9:
Tinubu , your direction is what we will follow.
Noticed how many likes this bots are getting? Exactly 84. These are the same guys that influenced a common online poll here on nairaland. And SEUN claimed to have put checks on monikers here. Nairaland is a microcosm of the rot in Nigeria.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 03, 2022
Malory:
I wonder what an old man like Tinubu who is almost 90 years is looking for in Aso rock
He is even half dead already...

The man is already gone..

Let him see president and die in it
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Aboki99(m): 10:14am On Jun 03, 2022
Malory:
I wonder what an old man like Tinubu who is almost 90 years is looking for in Aso rock

I wonder what a young man like you who supposed to have been too busy managing his company as to find time to write rubbish is here striving to be the first to comment
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by HRMK: 10:19am On Jun 03, 2022
adanny01:

The consensus is an attempt to prevent the inevitable. The major issue of Tinubu is him being a Muslim, getting a powerful Northern Christian VP is impossible. This means north will prefer Atiku.
I DONT AGREE THAT TINUBU CANT DEFEAT ATIKU!NIGERIA IS PRACTISING MONEY POLITICS!ITS ABT WHO CAN SPEND MORE!TINUBU IS THE ONLY MAN IN APC THAT CAN WITHSTAND ATIKU IN WARCHEST!ALL HE NEEDS IS TO PICK A POWERFUL CHRISTIAN IN THE NORTH!THERE ARE MANY OF THEM THERE!!
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Seun360(m): 10:23am On Jun 03, 2022
majole:

Atiku is not Fulani

Says who?
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Itzlinda(f): 11:03am On Jun 03, 2022
adanny01:

Will ss and se vote APC regardless of who’s on the ballot ?

Tbh Atiku has a better chance unless APC rigged the election

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Jeftliu: 11:39am On Jun 03, 2022
Malory:

Wasted sperm as old as he's no one is better than him in ur GENERATION to come and ur entire household
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Uncleodi(m): 11:46am On Jun 03, 2022
Shayetet13:
We would watch, but be under no illusion, there would be a winner in this APC power game, and that person would be Buhari. Though his candidate would lose the general election

Could it be he has a secret plan with Atiku?

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
Uncleodi:

Could it be he has a secret plan with Atiku?

A possibility

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by adanny01(m): 1:20pm On Jun 03, 2022
HRMK:
I DONT AGREE THAT TINUBU CANT DEFEAT ATIKU!NIGERIA IS PRACTISING MONEY POLITICS!ITS ABT WHO CAN SPEND MORE!TINUBU IS THE ONLY MAN IN APC THAT CAN WITHSTAND ATIKU IN [b]WARCHEST!ALL HE NEEDS IS TO PICK A POWERFUL CHRISTIAN IN THE NORTH![/b]THERE ARE MANY OF THEM THERE!!

Mention a few names of powerful Christians politicians in the Northwest that can deliver his state?

The most populous state in the north is Kano which is the strong hold of Kwankwaso's NNPP, even Ganduje who supports Tinubu won't be able to deliver the state from the hands of Kwankwaso. In the streets, everyone wants an end to Ganduje, that's the man Tinubu relies on. Ganduje fought tooth and nail to return as governor, he has no say in Kano now. Winning Kano is critical for APC, losing it to Kwankwaso is an advantage for Atiku since we all know, NW are the reason Atiku has never succeeded. If NW is divided, then Atiku has the upper hand.

Don't forget, Tinubu has no structure of his own in the North, that's why he is fighting hard to get the ticket. We all know the NW call the shots in Nigeria's politics. For Tinubu to get APC ticket and still cannot get the right VP in NW means there is a huge risk that NW voters will prefer a Muslim NE than a Muslim SW or attempt to do it on their own with Kwankwaso just like they did in 2011 that GEJ won. 2011 was the only time a President won without the support of NW and this could play out if Tinubu insist.

Osinbajo can easily pick a Muslim NW and get the zone to rally and possibly get Kwankwaso and his men on their side but Tinubu won't be able to do that with a Christian VP.

A Christian VP from the NW is like empowering uprising amongst the people they have tried to subdue. It won't work with NW.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by adanny01(m): 1:39pm On Jun 03, 2022
Itzlinda:

Will ss and se vote APC regardless of who’s on the ballot ?

Tbh Atiku has a better chance unless APC rigged the election

Gone are those rigging days.

Yes Atiku has a better chance now only because the North West don't have a candidate of their own and the most important state has fallen to NNPP. That is a minus for APC and a good chance for PDP unless APC get their own Northern candidate while keeping Tinubu, then PDP can forget it it ever had a chance.
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Itzlinda(f): 2:46pm On Jun 03, 2022
adanny01:

Gone are those rigging days.

Yes Atiku has a better chance now only because the North West don't have a candidate of their own and the most important state has fallen to NNPP. That is a minus for APC and a good chance for PDP unless APC get their own Northern candidate while keeping Tinubu, then PDP can forget it it ever had a chance.

Kano didn’t automatically fall to NNPP. I’ll give it 50-50 in the presidential election. The margin won’t be much. Each candidate can poll close to 1m votes
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Karlosorji(m): 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2022
Unzerious:
Personally speaking, no Southern aspirant under the APC can sufficiently wrestle PDP.
keep dreaming

1 Like

Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Softmirror: 5:10pm On Jun 03, 2022
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by HRMK: 8:19am On Jun 05, 2022
NO TIME TO CHECK TIME!I TALK WITH PEOPLE HAVING SUPERIOR ARGUMENTS!!
Re: APC Presidential Primary: Tinubu, Amaechi Divide APC NWC by Globad(f): 8:31am On Jun 11, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Oga shut up.There are both co-founders of APC.With his recent outbursts.Its all over for Tinubu

Hmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Equatorial Guinea Detains Large Vessel Accused Of Stealing Crude Oil In Nigeria / Alison-Madueke: Let No One Say I Stole $20bn Because I Did Not / Gauck Advised Buhari To Use Illegal Means To Recover Looted Funds -PremiumTimes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.