Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,317 members, 7,819,077 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland (4999 Views)

Carxus.com - the Best Car Trader website that connects local buyers and sellers! / How To Successfully Pre Order A Car On Nairaland ( For Buyers And Sellers ) / Genuine New Parts, Used Parts, For All Auto-parts Call Me! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by inspiredm(m): 8:24pm On Jul 18, 2011
If you are a Dealer and or a Frequent Seller of Automobiles on Nairaland, Your Details are Needed by the Admin

Your Details Needed Include

Username

Full Name

Full Contact Address

Email Address

Telephone Number(s)

You are required to send these details to any of the Autos Section Moderators Not later than 2 Weeks from this Publication

The Email addresses of the Moderators are

monitor_1@live.com

eddiebanga12@yahoo.com

inspired.autos@gmail.com
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Fhemmmy: 8:47pm On Jul 18, 2011
Would be helpful to at least tell the people why their information is needed.

Collection of personal data ought to have a reason behind it and specifying such reasons would be a bad idea . . . although, i think it is a great idea to have the information so as to be able to have a way to trace anyone incase of it is needed.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by femmy2010(m): 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Would be helpful to at least tell the people why their information is needed.

Collection of personal data ought to have a reason behind it and specifying such reasons would be a bad idea . . .  although, i think it is a great idea to have the information so as to be able to have a way to trace anyone incase of it is needed.

I did forward the requested information but it would do a great deal to let people know the purpose.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by inspiredm(m): 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2011
The Information We are Requesting are Details that are Found Publicly On Business Complimentary Cards, Contact Details on Websites ETC.

We are Not requesting that these Details be Posted Publicly, We have Provided different email addresses for this Purpose, wink

Cheers
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Fhemmmy: 12:15am On Jul 19, 2011
inspired_m:

The Information We are Requesting are Details that are Found Publicly On Business Complimentary Cards, Contact Details on Websites ETC.

We are Not requesting that these Details be Posted Publicly, We have Provided different email addresses for this Purpose, wink

Cheers

Good one, but like we asked, would still be nice to know why the information are needed.

When i give my business card to people, it is cos i wanna market my business to them or cos i just wanna give my information to them, however, the mail address you have told us to send something to and yet we have ultimatum to even do it. . . . also, i chose to give my business card if i want or not

By the way, i have sent mine but just kinda feel like i am telling my little son to start jumping and he asked me why, and i told him to be quiet cos i am his father, he just have to jump.

So again, What is the purpose of collecting the information?
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by viperman: 12:49am On Jul 19, 2011
@Inspired

Young man, courtesy demands that you intimate the dealers on here on why you need their data.
even if those data are commonly found on their complementary cards, you don't see business people going about sharing their complimentary cards on the streets to every tom and dick.

If you & The Admin don't want to disclose what the intention behind this is on the open pages, you can then collate our emails and send us a mail, privately, telling us why you need our information.

Rgds

V
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 2:29am On Jul 19, 2011
I believe the admin and moderators have good reasons for requesting this information. But I agree with Viperman and others that we should be told why the information is required. Also the moderators should clearly state the penalty for failure to comply with this directive after the stipulated period.

We should not resist this directive as long as it is intended for a good cause. There is no doubt most of us have submitted much more intrusive personal data to other websites countless times. So it is nothing new.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Emperoh(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2011
I think this shoulda been done privately.
No need to waste time saying what others have said, but i am guessing it's for due diligence!
Whatever the reason, let it be said!
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by inspiredm(m): 10:02am On Jul 19, 2011
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

These Information are Needed for Record and Security Purposes to Enhance The Confidence Boost of Buyers on this Forum.

We Want to Have Complete Details of Auto Dealers Who trade on the Forum.

Your Information Would not be Shared to Third Parties EXCEPT required by the LAW, to Protect Our Rights OR to Comply With The Laws Of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Cheers,
Inspired.
Your Humble Moderator.  wink
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by DAY12(m): 12:13pm On Jul 19, 2011
viperman:

@Inspired

Young man, courtesy demands that you intimate the dealers on here on why you need their data.
even if those data are commonly found on their complementary cards, you don't see business people going about sharing their complimentary cards on the streets to every tom and Joystick.

If you & The Admin don't want to disclose what the intention behind this is on the open pages, you can then collate our emails and send us a mail, privately, telling us why you need our information.

Rgds

V

Bro, long time, you just disappear undecided
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Fhemmmy: 2:11pm On Jul 19, 2011
inspired_m:

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN

These Information are Needed for Record and Security Purposes to Enhance The Confidence Boost of Buyers on this Forum.

We Want to Have Complete Details of Auto Dealers Who trade on the Forum.

Your Information Would not be Shared to Third Parties EXCEPT required by the LAW, to Protect Our Rights OR to Comply With The Laws Of the Federal Republic Of Nigeria.

Cheers,
Inspired.

[b]You would do well as a lawyer . . . .
I do agree that we should have a database of all the dealers here, that will give the buyers some sort of peace of mind just in case . . . . .

Good start . . . . .
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Emperoh(m): 4:23pm On Jul 19, 2011
^^^^^ wink
Dude is an artful dodger!!
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by mastro: 7:22pm On Jul 19, 2011
Inspired you probably also need to define what you consider a frequent seller for avoidance of doubt.

Also a couple of other things

[list]
[li]Have you a mechanism in place for verifying the details provided[/li]
[li][/list][list]You have thought this though and are aware that by vetting dealers Nairaland is opening itself to being sued by disgruntled buyers, in that by vetting and approving dealers you are opening Nairaland to being a party to the selling of said cars, now Seun could place disclaimers but methinks that it might be a good idea to run this past a decent lawyer. (apologies if you already have)[/li]

[/list]
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by chelseabmw(m): 11:37pm On Jul 19, 2011
The aim for this is for buyers to be secured with who they are dealing with
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:52am On Jul 20, 2011
I do not see the deep concerns expressed by dealers as justified. yes you must know the reason why your details are needed. Millions of Naira/Dollars have passed from buyer to dealer on this auto-section. The only ones who have a clue behind the NL id is the actual buyer, most times transactions are done by phone, email or SMS. It is a very fragile framework for doing business, one that can easily be exploited, Some have lost money, defrauded or received a bad deal (Car advertised is not car sold).

Most dealers have websites where they confidently display their full names, emails, phone numbers and address to the public. I believe the Admins should have this information for the following reasons

1: The Legality of Auto-sales via NL is very fragile, anything can (has) happened and there is no legal basis for retribution if your deals goes south.
2: Autos section is different from Dating/Romance where you may want to keep your identity under wraps. It is a business section with real money exchanging hands. God-forbid some lawyer gets shafted by a crooked dealer, He can rightly sue Seun for establishing an auto-trading platform without legal pre-requisites and adequate protection for parties involved. It is a move in the right direction, long-over due.
3: Failed Auto-transactions is bad PR for the Autos section and NL as a whole. At least if the mods have info on all the dealers they can establish some form or arbitration process to settle such matters.
4: Security: It is good to know that your money did not just vanish into thin air. the mods at least know how it started and who to contact

I think the Mods and Admins should establish a Transaction framework that details a straight-forward process for buying a car from a dealer on NL and ensure that enough information is delivered to both parties for their own benefit as well as extricate NL from any legal liabilities ensuing from failed transactions.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by fearnot1(m): 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2011
“If we don't change, we don't grow. If we don't grow, we are not really living.”

Gail Sheehy quotes (American Author and Writer, b.1937)

The time to effect change has come. Kindly, do obey simple instruction. We need to sanitize and differentiate
those that are going places from those that they are not.  We only work together if we share the same vision.

Best regards

Fear not.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 8:26pm On Jul 21, 2011
@ Fear Not,

Thank you for contributing to this thread. Do you support the one dealer, one account policy?
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by inspiredm(m): 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2011
Dealers and Sellers are Advised to Submit Correct and Genuine Information Especially Contact Address(es).

In the Event that we cannot Verify Your Information, This may Delay the Accreditation Process.

Dealers and Sellers in Diaspora must Provide Contact Address(es) in Nigeria to Support Their Information

The Target Market on this Forum are Nigerians and friends of Nigeria and as such  Contact Details Domiciled in Nigeria are Highly recommended.

Cheers,
Inspired
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Sicherheit(m): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2011
This is really a step in the right direction. Kudos to the moderators and the admin for taking the step but does this mean it's only meant for Naija based dealers? What about dealers who don't have contact address in Nigeria but have had good performance in the past. Will exceptions be made for dealers like that? We don't have to live in Naija to be friends of Nigeria and Nairaland.
Keep up the good work.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by inspiredm(m): 9:16pm On Jul 21, 2011
Sicherheit:

This is really a step in the right direction. Kudos to the moderators and the admin for taking the step but does this mean it's only meant for Naija based dealers? What about dealers who don't have contact address in Nigeria but have had good performance in the past. Will exceptions be made for dealers like that? We don't have to live in Naija to be friends of Nigeria and Nairaland.
Keep up the good work.

If there is a Dealer or Seller, Who has No Lawyer, Relative, Friend(s )Who can vouch for their Integrity and Be a Guarantor/Referee in Nigeria then that would REALLY be an Exceptional Case.

Such Dealer or Seller can send us an Email Stating their Circumstances, and Also Giving us an overview/model as to how Previous Businesses on Nairaland were transacted without Tangible Ties to Nigeria.

Cheers
Inspired
your Humble Moderator.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Sicherheit(m): 10:27pm On Jul 21, 2011
That makes more sense. I had assumed you meant dealers must have a business address in Nigeria to be acrredidated but it's much clearer now.
Thank you
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Fogman(m): 8:17am On Jul 22, 2011
I believe the whole essence of this is to creat a data base of genuine or verified dealers/sellers on this section to boost buyers confidence.

Now my question is this, will this info gathered be made available to would be buyers if requested for. And will a sticky thread be created for list of accredited or verified dealers/sellers here? If not, it ll negate the essence of this idea.

Thank you.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 10:34am On Jul 22, 2011
Fogman:

And will a sticky thread be created for list of accredited or verified dealers/sellers here? If not, it ll negate the essence of this idea.

Thank you.

@ Fogman,

I strongly agree with your statement above.

@ The Moderators,

Thank you for your efforts so far. In compliance with your directives, I will soon submit my information.

At your convenience, please display a list of dealers who have submitted their information just as Fogman suggested. You don't have to display their real names, just their dealer names. This will serve two purposes:

1. It will help us know dealers that have complied with the directive.
2. More importantly, it will help us identify dealers who still wish to violate the rules now and in the future. As you may know, some of us are always on the look-out for multiple ID users. I know of a few suspicious and confirmed cases. From a recent correspondence, it appears Dantitiki knows one as well. Let’s see if these dealers will attempt to register those multiple IDs.

Finally, as I have requested previously, please let us know what you intend to do with dealers that fail to submit their information. If the answer is a loss of privilege to advertise in the Auto Section, then that will be wonderful. But if the answer is nothing, then this will be an exercise in futility.

P.S: I applaud Fhemmmy and Femmy2010 for been among the first to submit their information.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Emperoh(m): 11:46am On Jul 22, 2011
It as been said before, but i am echoing it.
Will Nairaland be responsible for any of the accredited dealers who abscond with a client's money?
We need this to be water-tight!!
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by femmy2010(m): 11:58am On Jul 22, 2011
Emperoh:

It as been said before, but i am echoing it.
Will Nairaland be responsible for any of the accredited dealers who abscond with a client's money?

NL definitely can not be responsible for funds criminally taken away by foul dealers.
Those verifiable and verified point of contact address/person submitted simply means any cheated buyer can easily be pointed in the right direction by NL in the event of a dealer absconding with their funds.
I am quite convinced that submitting the requested information is a triple step in the right direction and NL auto section would grow using verifiable/verified dealers as a starting point.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by BizBooks(m): 12:32pm On Jul 22, 2011
Emperoh:

I do not envisage a situation where Nairaland or it's owners will be held responsible if a transaction by an accredited dealer goes sour. I say this for the following reasons:

1. NL is not an e-commerce site. When you purchase a car you see on NL, you do not do so through the website. Rather, you send money directly to the dealer. The receipt you receive for such transaction will not bear the name "Nairaland". So in my opinion, any legal action should be taken against the person that issued the receipt.

2. While most e-commerce sites like Ebay and Amazon collect fees or commissions on items sold on their sites, NL does not do that. This means that transactions are strictly between buyers and sellers.

The best NL could do is to ensure that "accredited" dealers provide genuine, verifiable information. If not, a dealer could easily tell you that his name is Mickey Mouse.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by femmy2010(m): 12:37pm On Jul 22, 2011
BizBooks:

I do not envisage a situation where Nairaland or it's owners will be held responsible if a transaction by an accredited dealer goes sour. I say this for the following reasons:

1. NL is not an e-commerce site. When you purchase a car you see on NL, you do not do so through the website. Rather, you send money directly to the dealer. The receipt you receive for such transaction will not bear the name "Nairaland". So in my opinion, any legal action should be taken against the person that issued the receipt.

2. While most e-commerce sites like Ebay and Amazon collect fees or commissions on items sold on their sites, NL does not do that. This means that transactions are strictly between buyers and sellers.

The best NL could do is to ensure that "accredited" dealers provide genuine, verifiable information. If not, a dealer could easily tell you that his name is Mickey Mouse.

Sir,
you sure said it all.
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Tadeus(m): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2011
Right step at a right time, we have outstanding moderators in Auto section.

Monitor_1, inspired m and chelseabmw, KUDOS
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Osama10(m): 6:35pm On Jul 22, 2011
This would definitely increase the trust buyers would have on nairaland.

I applaud the moderators on this. cool
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2011
inspired_m:

Dealers and Sellers are Advised to Submit Correct and Genuine Information Especially Contact Address(es).

In the Event that we cannot Verify Your Information, This may Delay the Accreditation Process.

Dealers and Sellers in Diaspora must Provide Contact Address(es) in Nigeria to Support Their Information

The Target Market on this Forum are Nigerians and friends of Nigeria and as such  Contact Details Domiciled in Nigeria are Highly recommended.

Cheers,
Inspired

Done . . . . cool
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Fogman(m): 7:47pm On Jul 22, 2011
inspired_m:

Cheers,
Inspired

Cpmplied!
Re: Attention : All Auto Dealers And Sellers On Nairaland by Carshopper(m): 8:26pm On Jul 22, 2011
[b]i have studied this request from afar and though it seems to b a bright idea - it may still fall short of many things. nairaland is an online forum with the "auto section" been a segment with no further check (you can register at will witout providing any details), every1 comes and goes @ will . As bizbooks stated, nairaland isnt like ebay or amazon who whereby the sales go through them and money is covered. if a deal from an accredited seller goes bad what thngs are in place via nairaland to correct that?stating verified dealers or not is no assurance cus how will the MODS certify that the details provided by such dealer is correct or how will the mods help correct a deal that goes wrong from an accredited dealer? will the mods b present at very transaction?(which is nt possible)The are issues we should table out before doing data collection. giving people confidence means you have to give them confidence in the structure you have in place to avert a suitation.

put yourselves inthe "buyers" i see a list of accredited dealers and carry out a deal wit such dealer and the deal goes wrong , what structure do you have to correct such cus if as a buyer i would say its the accredited list which you complied give me y choice of dealer.

trust is something not bought online, a few have earned it , so i believe for others it i going to be hard for "a verified list" to give me confidence as a buyer to trust.

Compling alist of accredited dealers is good, but what makes them accredited dealers? are you also going to verify with their banks ? we need to know [/b]

just my own thoughts grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SOLD!!! ~~~ACURA TL FOR 480k Now 420k~~~Call 08060411722 ~~~ / 2003 Toyota Camry LE **nigeria Used** :N980,000....New price REDUCTION: N900,000 / SOLD Cheap 2012 Foreign Used Camry Sport Edition ( Accident Free)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.